Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Australia vs Hong Kong HD BOZ BH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Ritkuro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritkuro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2009 at 12:11am
Hey Boz, why is there a gap on the side of your racket and near the handle? Did it shrink or something?
Sponsored Links

bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2009 at 3:24am
Sorry if I sounded sensitive, but I realy hope I don't come across that way, dauntless I realise it is all constructive.  Nobody here has said I am *&^& so thats the only thing that would be unwelcome.

Ritkuro, it has either shrunk or I may have cut it to fit another blade, but regardless the gap is not a problem.  I have boosted the 64 in the past, which would have stretched it, but I am totally against boosting it now, since how marshmellow it can get, actually feels slower and way too spiny diving into the net unexpectedly.
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2009 at 9:18pm
I thought about all this stuff about how my backhand is good, and thought that when I put my mind to it I can use forehand almost always.  I should go back to this for a while till it catches up. 

This is the latest video post of me playing my Japanese friend where I use forehand most the time.

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2009 at 9:56pm
Do you guys think that a lower throw rubber would be better on my FH? or would that make no difference to the stroke which I do which is supposedly wrong in most people's minds here?
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2009 at 11:03pm
Found this nice pic of Tim from Silvalis thanks.

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2009 at 6:33am
I just sold Tim a sheet of 64, I wonder if he'll like it...
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2009 at 6:46am
hmm...if your next video is of Andy Shih that you've essentially posted my team's strongest opponent, Uni of Queensland (ie, Stanley, Tim, Andy).

Man it seems both Stanley and Tim have gotten so much stronger. :S
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2009 at 6:56am
Tim is a bit stronger the last time I played him.  But he had major upset losing to a female junior recently who would have made his ranking drop big time.

I'd love to play Andy Shih in a tournament sometime, Im wondering what he would be using now with out the speedglued bryce fx.

Ive heard rumours of him coming to Brisbane to play fixtures although I have a bad feeling I may be knocked out into 2nd division after my quite lousy performance this season.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2009 at 5:17am
Tim beat me in the final of the Brisbane open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He played nothing like we do in practise.  He just blocked and pushed!

I hate him.  It was so ugly that I finally made to a final and he just pushed and blocked refusing to do anything else.  I tried to open up so many times but I must admit my consistancy was better than his but because he took no risks he won 4:2

dam

Anyway I beat Stanley 4:1 and another guy ranked a couple of a hundred above me.  He was leading 3:0 we were 5 all in the 7th and I came back.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
zwu168 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwu168 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2009 at 7:25am
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

I wish my FH could improve to the same level as my BH.  BH just gets so much practise... most people just keep going there.
Move and use your forehand.
OC WRB
FH: Hurricane 2
BH: CJ8000
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2009 at 9:50am
Hey Boz my natural game is to serve short with backspin then loop the next ball regardless of what comes back. But people that can return the serve with pace and topspin give me trouble. Although I'm sure we would have a close game (I can't say who would win since we both play very differently)  I would definatly pick on your forehand and I don't think I would hit any ball to your backhand at all. I'm fairly sure you would be able to smack a good percentage of my loops down my forehand while I was still unwinding from a forehand loop on the backhand corner and that anoys me alot :P. So I would be looping down the short length of the table to your forehand or at your body. If you could learn to counterloop from your forehand I wouldn't have any hope. But having said that I can't even remember seeing someone hit a successful counter loop in recent memory if ever, you need to belong to a much larger club than I do to be able to find two strong loopers and then they both need to be friends and want to practice together and only then can you learn to counter loop properly and the chances of all that happening in most places in Australia are allmost zero.

Still since you have a good backhand it would be worth developing a forehand loop and possibly a counter loop (if you can find someone with a good loop to practise with) because then you would be a really high level player

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2009 at 10:06am
You wont loop back anything because the ball will be low and short.   If you picked more on my fh I would grip my blade more fh and just have punch bh.  Actually my bh can be both weak and strong just as my fh.  If you serve longish I can kill it.

Now I have no idea how good your serves are and how misleading so I always find it comes down to that.  I have a very good loop on both sides, but I am definately not good at hitting the ball with my fh, so if you see that as a weaknes you try lifting the ball a touch there and check to see if I can smash.

I actually do a bit of long super power and spin counter looping almost every time I go into the centre.  There are many people that can do it, Tim and I love although it is tiring, so does Aki that you can see in my new post.  Aki is my new practise partner since Tim stopped playing as much.

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2009 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Your backhand mechanics look solid!

But your FH grip and lack of any actual "stroke" (you are guiding, or at best "actively FH blocking" the ball) limit your options for creating power.

Serious question - Boz - how long have you played with OFF+ gear?

I'm sure it's addictive and makes your backhand very powerful (blocking, topspinning, etc). But many of the middle/high level players at our club who have played with OFF+ gear for any extended period have also developed small/awkward FH mechanics. I'd describe it as "tentative" because they find that larger strokes with lots of ballspeed and little dwell time) tend to produce a longer ball.

My advice would be to grab a Primorac with unglued Sriver FX 2.1 on both sides and just practice FH *stroking* EVERY ball. With that kind of gear, you'll have to work to generate the power, but you'll develop the control to vary spin and placement with your topspin; rather than tentatively guiding the ball with your FH as you do in your video.
I cant swing my fh hand anymore - I do it occasionally but this last week it has digressed into as you said guide or block.  a full swing usually hurts - i can do it with a gradual build up but not a quick accelerating stroke - similarly it hurts to recover a bigger stroke

so i need a fast backhand once again to have some sort of weapon.

here is the latest video which is the last video you will see me using a control rubber on backhand for sometime

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2009 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

I wish my FH could improve to the same level as my BH.  BH just gets so much practise... most people just keep going there.
I am same. My backhnad shoots are 80% ... I hardly hit with FH. People seems not to see that and they always hit backhand. That is my luck, I think :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic