Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Begginers...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Zhou-KuYuin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zhou-KuYuin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Begginers...
    Posted: 02/14/2009 at 11:36pm
Does equipment really matter to the beggining player?  like could a person learn to play with a premade from dicks just as well as someone could with a custom paddle? 
Sponsored Links

brytaku25 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brytaku25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 12:07am
Yes Premade Paddles like Butterfly Addoy are great for beginners, They are reasonably slow just for a beginner. Just make sure you get the one that's the newest in the batch. Don't buy a very old paddle since it's dead already.Pick a paddle that has a reasonable speed spin and control for a beginner like STIGA Rocket, Butterfly Addoy, Butterfly Racket with Flextra etc.
See you guys in the next life!...................

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zhou-KuYuin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 12:09am
i meant premade paddles like a 20$ halex paddle you can get with some crappy rubber on it and not a rubber you can buy adn put on a blade?
brytaku25 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brytaku25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 12:11am
yes anything you can get your hands on. Just make sure it has Inverted Rubbers. Don't start with those cheap wooden bats.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zhou-KuYuin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 12:15am
ok some guy on another forum is saying that inorder for a beginner to obtain proper form they MUST have a pro quality paddle
brytaku25 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brytaku25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 12:17am
LOL If you just starting out then any Beginner Premade Paddle will do. Don't listen to other people since a PRO QUALITY PADDLE is like those paddles that has very high ratings not suited for a beginner.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zhou-KuYuin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 12:35am
the guy was like a good paddle for a beginner is

LKT instinct blade, palio CJ8000 2mm forehand, TSP curl  p1r 1.3mm backhand
brytaku25 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brytaku25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 12:37am
Is that premade or custom? Still I think I saw it before...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zhou-KuYuin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 12:37am
custom
JohnDoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnDoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 12:41am
There are some rubbers and blades that are pretty well suited for beginners to start out with, if someone doesn't want to buy a premade paddle only to have to replace it with more sophisticated equipment later. 

For instance Sriver is a very good beginner rubber when used without speed glue.  Its extremely durable and gives a good mix of speed, spin and control.   Yasaka Mark-V also fits that category.  When I started out, those are the first two, and most frequently mentioned rubbers that people recommended to me.  Butterfly's Flextra rubber (which is what I started using first at 2.0mm), is also a good medium/low speed and spin rubber, although it is not as durable in my experiences.  Friendship 729 cream is a good rubber in that its a tacky chinese style rubber with a lot of spin, but not much speed so no sacrifice in control (great for beginners).  The key with rubbers for beginners is to not go for the max sponge.  Generally anything in 1.8mm or 2.0mm is thick enough.  2.0mm may even be too thick for some rubbers.

As for blades, there are a lot of high quality blades that can still be good beginner blades.  There are lots of all around medium speed but high control blades that are all wood, such as the Stiga Allround Classic blade and the Butterfly Primorac blade.  I personally started with the Butterfly X-star, which is probably the easiest to control blades I have ever played with.  Made of nothing but wood.
brytaku25 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brytaku25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 12:41am
I thought you wanted premade. Go buy whatever you want. I think TSP Curl is a pips rubber? and why am I the only one helping? Aren't there other guys good at suggesting? Well I going to a posting spree. I will be having 600 posts this day. You'll see.
brytaku25 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brytaku25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 12:43am
Originally posted by Zhou-KuYuin Zhou-KuYuin wrote:

ok some guy on another forum is saying that inorder for a beginner to obtain proper form they MUST have a pro quality paddle

Oh sorry did he mean a custom quality paddle? If so, go buy 2 Sriver Rubber Sheets, 1 Allround Blade or -OFF blade and have someone experienced attach them for you. OR go to Cole. It's what everyone will say.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zhou-KuYuin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 12:43am
no its not for me lol some guy is just saying retarded things to someone who hasnt even played ping pong before
mizutani_jun View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 12:44am
where do you live zhou-kuyuin?
if you are in us just ask cole.
he have good custom blade with rubbers for the crazy cheap prices.
i ordered from him and it just took 4 days to japan.
fast delivery and great services.
highly recommended.
brytaku25 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brytaku25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 12:46am
So summary of my answers, go buy whichever you want. A custom paddle is like a guide for you to learn strokes properly. So I think if you're starting "SERIOUS" table tennis, then go for custom. If you are just playing recreational, go buy from dicks. If you are starting "serious" table tennis, but don't have money, go buy from dicks and save money for custom.
mizutani_jun View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 12:52am
why change the rabbit brytaku?Cry
i love that rabbitHeart
brytaku25 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brytaku25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 12:53am
If you got to Cole, go for Dawei Inspirit. It's just like Sriver but more durable plus cheap $16.
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 1:15am
There's a sticky in equipment forum with beginner rubbers and blades.  I don't think a premade less than $30 will cut it because it'll certainly have (near) dead rubbers and you'll form incorrect strokes for sure. If you buy more expensive premades, you might as well go for a custom from coleTT or zeropong as you can get 1 blade + 2 rubbers for $40. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zhou-KuYuin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 1:24am

yea i got my paddle from zeropong the 15$ premade PH paddle this thread was just about someone giving crappy information on another forum lol

kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 1:47am
The blade + rubbers for $20 that colestt.com offers is pretty good for beginners. 
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 2:17am
Pre-made paddles, IMHO, is not suitable for developing your game. The quality of the paddle and the rubbers is far from custom setup. If you really want to improve in TT, you need to wisely pick your blade to something you can grow into. Then find rubbers that will match the type of play you think most suitable for you.
Some even say that the best starting rubber would be SP, because it forces you to hit the ball in the best way (loop underpin, go trough topspin)
I don't believe in fast equipment will hinder your progress argument. As long as you buy equipment with reasonable speed (Korbel+Sriver or MarkV), and don't buy yourself a speed demon setup (for example Schlager+Tensor, that would be hard for a beginner to control). If you have the talent or the desire to improve yourself, You will adjust yourself to the setup and when that happens you can only improve..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
brytaku25 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brytaku25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 2:22am
Why did you say my equipment LOL?
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 2:25am

and forget tsp long pips for now these are not for beginners

Ermm

Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 2:50am
Originally posted by brytaku25 brytaku25 wrote:

Why did you say my equipment LOL?

Sorry Bry, am just taking example for a common setup for a beginner.. LOL
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
brytaku25 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brytaku25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 4:33am
Wait so you mean I could have chosen Petr Korbel from the beginning of my journey?!! I could have save money you know
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 4:47am
I think korbel with slow rubbers is ok. 
brytaku25 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brytaku25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 4:55am
I could have save money you know.... What's the similarities and difference between Primorac and Korbel?
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 5:22am

Does equipment really matter to the beggining player?  like could a person learn to play with a premade from dicks just as well as someone could with a custom paddle? 

They are good for beginners, the simple premade racket goes.  Good for learning basic hitting and stroke.

Second question, No.  They can't play as well with that racket.  These rackets do not have the tackiness needed to create the spin necessary to keep up with the modern game.
brytaku25 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brytaku25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 9:26am
Also do you consider Korbel slow for a beginner? How can you compare it with Primorac? What are their similarities and differences?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zhou-KuYuin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Swiffers Swiffers wrote:

They are good for beginners, the simple premade racket goes.  Good for learning basic hitting and stroke.

Second question, No.  They can't play as well with that racket.  These rackets do not have the tackiness needed to create the spin necessary to keep up with the modern game.

thank you your like the only one who truly gave me the anwer i was looking for but as far as basic stroke goes the premades are what should be used to get it down first then have the beginner establish a type of playing style and get a custom that suits them
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic