Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Blade+RUbbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
forehandsmash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandsmash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blade+RUbbers
    Posted: 04/14/2007 at 9:44pm
Hi all. I have decided to upgrade from a premade to a custom one. I have 2 options in mind, namely Butterfly Petr Korbel + 2pcs of DHSHurricane3 OR Dawei Wavestone + 2pcs of DHSHurricane3. I love to attack very much with consistent smashes but i only have slow BUT spinny loops. Can anyone tell me which combo is better?

PS: Only the 2 combos on top! If u find it crappy, tell me.

Thanks in advance.Im not that good at selecting custom blades
Petr Korbel-FL/Sriver/狂飚 III
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandsmash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2007 at 9:45pm
fs-2, wheres a video of yourself?
Ksix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2007 at 10:19pm
if you're 12 years old and plan on getting 2 hurricanes it might be a little too heavy for you ... but hum whatever floats your boat... petr korbel is a great blade not so sure about wavestone though didnt get a chance to play with many dawei products
わが青春に悔なし

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandsmash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2007 at 11:44pm
Dear Ksix,

I have played for a few days With Hurricane 3 on FH and Hurricane 2 on BH...and seem to like it. My dumb premade...according to what other ppl say...weighs near to 100g just for the blade alone! with flextra, ard 53g...its like 200g. So im used to carrying a heavy one...but any other options for me besides hurricane 3?
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2007 at 11:53pm
Two Hurricanes would be a heavy load and the blade would be very top heavy, too.  Maybe try Dawei Inspirit on the bh or the really light Friendship LKT Pro XT.  The XT is very soft and light and reacts nicely to gluing.
silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2007 at 12:15am
The wavestone is a very fast blade.

Try a Korbel, Primorac, EW or OC
Potato Face
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2007 at 5:09am
Is you can handle H3 both sides then all the more power to you, it'll force you to swing hard to get speed so ultimately more beneficial to you.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2007 at 7:28am
1 hurricane 2/3 sheet uncut weighs about 75 grams
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Ksix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2007 at 5:40pm
Hum... Joola drum plays a lot like H3 and it's relatively cheap you might wanna check it out.

btw... correct me if im wrong... but isnt H2 better for 'consistent smashes'? Why dont you get H2 for your fh and H3 on bh side
わが青春に悔なし
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2007 at 10:13pm
Hi man, what about inspirit?  You try it and you will freak out, its intense.
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2007 at 10:20pm
For a pure wood blade, consider waldner dicon or waldner senso V1 as an alternative to korbel.  Between these you can't go wrong, but I've found donic quality to be a little better, and you can play a soft sponge very nicely on those donic blades.  Though let me emphasize this, you can't go wrong.  (I won't even mention yasaka extra, or extra 3d, oh wait I just did ;))
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic