FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Borko Blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Borko Blade
    Posted: 04/13/2006 at 4:10am
Anybody has used the blade from Borko & son ?
I am very curious about this blade and I am hesitating to buy it because I don't know the performance. I sent an inquiry to them and they replied that they produce unique blade, so there will be no blade identical (except the second, as they can make it in pairs). The say they use only wood, and they will make it based on our style of play, so they give you a questionaire, like whether you are left or right handed, shake hand or penhold, spin/loop or drive, offensive of defensive, they even ask the national rating.
The price is USD.100,- including one T-shirt and transport within US. The blade is made one at a time, with weight tolerance +/- 2 grams, and you can even specify the weight you want, the size or the shape.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Sponsored Links

rskywkr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rskywkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2006 at 12:54pm

I have one and it is not identical to any blade that I've played with but the best ever.  It is 74grams, composed of maple/walnut/balsa and is well-balanced, solid, and has absolute control.  "Usually" with light blades I'd have to make extra effort when balls are driven and flat hit very hard but this blade just sends everything back.  I have played with many from DHS, STIGA, Butterfly, JUIC, etc and this is the best.

I'm also very fortunate because he's local and I can discuss the creation process with him.  Some of the other players that he has made blades for have other blades as backup and his as their primary like me.

In the end it is all trial and error, hours of practice, and knowing your style of play.  I like experimenting and I play with his blade and tried the others so I'd say try one also.

Haris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2006 at 3:48pm

Can he make fast blades that can compair to carbon based blades? How long did it take him to make the blade? How is the grip? Can he make the blade without placing his name on the grip kinda dont like that?

rskywkr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rskywkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2006 at 5:19pm

Yes.  I have one.   You should send him an email with your requests so that he may respond accordingly.

I also have a Primorac Carbon that was my primary blade until I received the offensive blade from Borko. 

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2006 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by rskywkr rskywkr wrote:

I'm also very fortunate because he's local and I can discuss the creation process with him. Some of the other players that he has made blades for have other blades as backup and his as their primary like me.

In the end it is all trial and error, hours of practice, and knowing your style of play. I like experimenting and I play with his blade and tried the others so I'd say try one also.

Very interesting, can you please inform me the following:
- When did you buy this blade.
- What did you discuss in creating the blade
- I don't understand what do you mean by trial and error.
- Do you play shake hand or penhold (C or J-pen?)
Thank you very much.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2006 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by rskywkr rskywkr wrote:

Yes. I have one.   You should send him an email with your requests so that he may respond accordingly.

I also have a Primorac Carbon that was my primary blade until I received the offensive blade from Borko.

Hi, can you please tell me also when did you buy this blade ? I want to have an idea whether he has been making blade for a long time or whether he is new in this business.
- And what did you tell him what kind of blade you wanted when you ordered the blade ?
- Does he accept payment by credit card ?
Thanks
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2006 at 10:48pm
check or money order
Red Label Kim Taek Soo (83g)
Almana Sound Synergy Tech (max)
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2006 at 11:54pm
Both are problem for me as I am not in US. What I can do is bank transfer to his account or by credit card.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2006 at 11:55pm

he does western union i think

Red Label Kim Taek Soo (83g)
Almana Sound Synergy Tech (max)
TriPPPy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriPPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2006 at 9:20pm
borko's blade are fast. really fast and light with good control. my coach has one and so does my friend. my coach says he kinda doesnt want to use it kuz it lets him get lazy with his technique kuz its so easy to make in shots with it etc. borko also plays table tennis and coaches at the SDTTA, i know him i play with him also. Juic sell his blades, if you go check out the juic site you will see 3 or 4 of his blades on there, they are very expensive on that site tho etc. but ive played with some of the blades and they are reallly really good.
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2006 at 10:58pm
Thanks, I am more confident now, I think I will order one.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

joubtt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joubtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2006 at 5:38pm

Sorry for getting back but I joined instead of having my friend speak for me. 

Very interesting, can you please inform me the following:
- When did you buy this blade?  It was one of his test blades and it was a gift(yes I'm very lucky).
- What did you discuss in creating the blade?  The blade composition, gluing of the woods, wood characteristics, etc.
- I don't understand what do you mean by trial and error?  I use the same rubber on different blades and vice versa to see which best suits me.
- Do you play shake hand or penhold (C or J-pen?)?  Shakehand(Shaolin Style)

JO

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2006 at 8:27am
Hi Joubtt, when did you get the test blade from Borko ?
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Haris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2006 at 9:23am

He is Yugoslavian right?

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2006 at 11:10am
I have no idea whether he is Yugoslavian.

Joubtt, I would appreciate it if you can inform me when did you receive your test blade from Borko.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Haris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2006 at 2:45pm
what materials are used for the offensive blade?
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2006 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by joubtt joubtt wrote:

Shakehand(Shaolin Style)

JO

Your Fung Fu must be STRONG!

Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2006 at 9:11pm
Borko uses only wood material. The different characteristics of the type of wood being used will determine whether the blade would be defensive or offensive.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2006 at 10:57pm

my friend made this blade for me,I have played with it only a few times but seems very nice and controlable but with decent speed perhaps off-

http://www.tabletennis.gr/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4665&PN=1

Blade Xiom Control 3/ALL+
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
leoniedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leoniedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2006 at 4:54am
Borko charges 100 USD for his blades. By alfie, materials cost 10 $, and I'd say 20 $, what the heck ! So, 80 $ profit, which is what 400 % - not bad ! Oh, ya, labour cost..., still 400 % on the other side... - not bad ! And we complain that big guys, aka tt companies charge us too much... Isn't it funny ?
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2006 at 3:47am
Received my blade today. Appearance is not very impressive, and the finish is not superb as I can still feel the wood fibers and there is some fibers taken off from the handle during production and it is not replaced with a new one. The inner ply is soft, when I tried to push lightly with my nail, it made a slight dent. Length of the blade is 151 mm, width 142 mm and total length including handle is 235 mm. Thickness is 8,6 mm. I hope performance will be more impressive compared to the appearance. The BH side was covered by a plasticised black sticker which glares back when there is light (very shiny), so I took it off. However I won't be using it for a while as I want to send it to a friend who is on the woodworking business to do some nice varnishing / finishing touch, and I cannot rush him because he has to do his work first, and help me only when he has spare time. In short, if I see this blade on the shop, considering the appearance and price, I would not buy it. Hopefully performance would be excellent to compensate the appearance (which will be better after my friend is finished with it).
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2006 at 5:14am
Sorry, forgot about the weight. I ordered it to be around 80 grams, and when I weighed it on my kitchen scale, it was around 70 grams (but the scale is not accurate).
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

TriPPPy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriPPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2006 at 10:34pm
borko also makes carbon blade i think. and the performance of his blade are very good. i see allot fo people are buying his blades.
joubtt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joubtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2006 at 4:58pm

aeoliah

Once it's varnished the characteristics will change.  It depends on the type of varnish but regardless it tends to make the plades heavier, more solid, yet protects it somewhat.

Regarding the fit and finish: that can happen with almost any thing you buy and I undestand.  I've had that experience with Banda, Stiga, etcetera.

All of the blades that he's made for offensive players are fast and solid; don't let the light weight confuse you.  The type of wood, its' thickness, direction of the plies, the gluing process, etc make the blade.

I have a faster version of the 1st blade but it is too fast for me (it has less dwell time) but I'm going to try it with what sheets I play with normally versus this sticky stuff.

let me know what you think about the racket once it's refinished and you've tried all of your techniques.

JUIC Hybrid(Fl) w/999 Chinese sponge
JUIC Hybrid(Fl) w/Galaxy 9000
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2006 at 9:33pm
The problem is I want to keep my blade clean. When it is dirty due to sweat etc, I get negative feeling to use it. Anyhow on the surface for the rubber only very light varnish will be used. I do hope it will perform well.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

xymox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xymox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2006 at 11:24pm

I bought a Borko blade a month ago and it's the best blade I've ever had.  I've been playing for 26 years and have been carbonized these last ten.  My game has improved so much.  I was always the "offense" kind of player and relied on speed a lot to win.  This blade was like a re-birth of my game-play.  My blocks, pushes, drives, and loops are much more accurate and consistent.  He was right about "power means nothing without control".

Best blade.  It looks like S**T, but plays like no other.

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2006 at 2:27am
I am happy to hear that. I have not used mine, as I am still concentrating on my Darker Speed 90. I still have two blades unused, one Borko (73 grams) and the other Darker 7p2a Carbon (80 grams).
What is the weight of your blade ?
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

xymox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xymox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2006 at 9:06am

You know I'm not even sure.  I've been using Schlager carbon prior to this and it's a lot lighter so my guess is around 75-80.  At least that's what I told him when he asked me about the weight prior to making the blade. 

You will be really happy with this blade.  Nothing even comes close to the feel and power combination it has.  I've used a lot of blades through the years from hyped up carbon to true and proven woods.  This blade is deceptive because you think it's slow when you push (which makes your drop shops almost perfect), but with a little oomph! Your loops and smashes are blazing as if you're using a Kreanga carbon blade.

Who cares about blade looks when you play like a bad ass right :)

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2006 at 10:47am
I ordered mine to be around 80 grams and it came at 73 grams. I believe Schlager Carbon should be over 85 grams, my guess is around 90 grams.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2006 at 6:18pm
Schlager Carbons usually are around 95g +/- 5 grams I would say since I have one that is 90 g and had one that was 93 and 97.
Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic