FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Chopping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IceDefence View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceDefence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chopping
    Posted: 11/28/2007 at 5:58am
Hi all.

I am a chopper in BH and looper in FH

I use Grubba Carbon with Bryce and FL2
I have now started doing nice and smooth followtrough when I chop in BH and doing it good.

I am bad chopper in FH but I cannot decide whether I should use Tackiness C or Bryce in FH

Advices?
DHS PG2-L

FH: Butterfly Tackiness Chop II Red 1.9
BH: Joola Poker Black 1.2
Sponsored Links

Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 6:09am
tackifire c gets my vote
Butterfly Viscaria
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Stiga Calibra Sound
gnopgnipster View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnopgnipster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 6:41am
BTY Sriver 1.7mm. A great combination is the Valor Stingray blade with Sriver 1.7 and TSP Curl P-1r 1.0mm
a23096713 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a23096713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 7:30am
I would not recommend Bryce as a chopping rubber on your blade, it's a little bit difficult to control with your blade + rubber, and assuming if you are talking about learning it... that doesn't sounds like a easy choice to start with. It can still be done, but just not easy to start with. Also, definitely not bryce in MAX, you would encounter a very difficult time.

But since you are also mentioned about looper in forehand... so Tackiness C doesn't get my recommendation as well. It simply isn't really fast to make a superior shots. especially Grubba carbon is only medium fast, plus a slow rubber can give you great slow loops with load of spin, but if you are far away from table, the shot will be too slow in my opinion.

My recommendation goes to Tackiness D, or Tackifire D. both fit well in chopping/looping combination, if you want something a little faster, Tackifire SP soft and Sriver FX aren't bad as well.

anything power rubber, it's not a bad choice if your idea of being a FH looper as rarely chop FH, but just bringing the ball back to table, like Chen weixing or Gionis, then it could work well. it just matter of different style of chopping.

Chop, Chop, and Counter Loop!

BTY Cutlass + Tackiness D + Feint OX
TSP Astron Yellow + Yasaka Original + Nittaku pimplemini One
TSP Yanagi + UQ + BTY OX
Ksix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 8:19am
Bryce is too bouncy for chopping... Tacky rubbers tend to work better. I used to have Skyline 2 on my forehand and it worked great for both chopping and attacking.
わが青春に悔なし
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 9:14am
I dunno guys... I chop just fine with my Bryce FX - it's really just a matter of experience. If you put a lot of hours/weeks/years into this, you can chop with whatever... the question is, could you chop better with something else, and the next question is, is that something else suitable for the other types of game you want to play with that rubber? so it's almost always a compromise.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Leon Reid View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon Reid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 9:19am
if you plan on copping on the forhand then dont get the bryce get the takiness c

but i seriously recommend you consider using pimples if you plan on chopping on both sides as you will need the added control and vareity
Seen it all done it all lost the t-shirt

Time is fikle so dont waste a second

Freinds are fikle but feel free 2 squander them

Blade:Clipper WRB
FH:Vario Soft
BH:Neos
IceDefence View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceDefence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Leon Reid Leon Reid wrote:

if you plan on copping on the forhand then dont get the bryce get the takiness c

but i seriously recommend you consider using pimples if you plan on chopping on both sides as you will need the added control and vareity

I could use short pimples on FH cause I have Stiga Radical SP 1.8 but I wanna stick with Bryce and FL2
DHS PG2-L

FH: Butterfly Tackiness Chop II Red 1.9
BH: Joola Poker Black 1.2
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 11:52am
 recommend joola topspin c,similar to tackiness d performance but stickier and spinnier and good to loopdrive if you go to 1.8 thickness,better option than tackiness c imo
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

rodewan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodewan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 12:39pm
i would say tackifire c is much more controllable to chop with than brycefx...it would take a lot less getting used to therefore.
Jack87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 6:23pm
I'll second Tackifire C (especially the soft version) for an all around game. In 2.1 there's plenty of top-end speed, but more control and spin available for defending then you're getting with Bryce. Even in 1.9 (which, being more of a defender, I much prefer) you'll have a lot more pop then Tack C or tackifire drive.
Gambler Kevlar ST
Nittaku Refoma (1.5mm)
Yasaka Phantom 011 (OX)
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 6:31pm
Definitely Tackfire C, it will give you more spin on chops and will still have enough power if you decide to unload a forehand topsin on someone, which would be harder to do with the short pips on the FH. 
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2007 at 12:47am
tackfire d is great! :)
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic