Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Comparison: H2 NEO(N,C) vs Thors vs H3 NEO(N,C)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Comparison: H2 NEO(N,C) vs Thors vs H3 NEO(N,C)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
danie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Comparison: H2 NEO(N,C) vs Thors vs H3 NEO(N,C)
    Posted: 03/30/2011 at 9:28pm
I'm gonna compare the H2 NEO(commercial and national) against Palio Thor's and against H3 NEO(commercial and national). Many people said in the Thor's thread that it is better than H3 NEO and H2 NEO, so I decided to make a comparison. I'm a H2 NEO Nat user and the comparison was made all on the same Viscaria having the same 97g weight. 

The weight. From heaviest to lightest. This was measured by putting them on my hand, so it might not be that accurate.

H2 NEO Nat>H2 NEO Comm>H3 NEO Comm>Thor's>H3 NEO Nat

The speed. I remember someone said in the Palio Thor's thread that it is faster than the H3 NEO and H2 NEO, but I felt that it was not. I felt that the H2 NEO Nat was the fastest followed by H3 NEO Nat and then H2 NEO Comm then H3 NEO Comm and last Palio Thor's. I'm not sure why the people in the Palio Thor's thread said differently, even my training partner and coach agreed that the DHS rubbers are faster than the Thor's. Because even with H3 NEO Comm, it felt as fast as Thor's if not faster. And my training partners had more trouble blocking my loops when using the H3 NEO Comm compared to Thor's. And my training partner said that it was faster than Thor's.

The spin. Same thing, someone in the Thor's thread said that the spin is much more than the DHS rubbers and is as much as Tenergy 05 on slow loops, very little spin on medium speed loops, and almost as much as Tenergy 05 on fast loops. Well, it is true, but definitely not more than the DHS rubbers. Even the DHS rubbers creates more spin than Tenergy, at least the National versions. The rubber which created the most spin was H3 Neo Nat, followed by H2 NEO Nat, and then Thor's, then H3 NEO Comm and lastly H2 NEO Comm. DHS said that the H2 NEO is better for spin and H3 NEO for speed, I have to concur, me,my training partners and my coach said that H3 NEO is better for spin and H2 NEO is better for speed, so I think DHS has to change the info's about the rubbers. Though we may be wrong. Further observation will be done...

Control. Not sure if anyone said that Thor's had more control than the DHS rubbers, but if someone did, I missed it. The rubber with highest control would be H3 NEO Comm, followed by H2 NEO Comm, after that H3 NEO Nat, then H2 NEO Nat, and lastly Thor's. 

Short game. Now, this may be an important part of anyone of you out there and may not, but it is important for me. The easiest to control in the short game was H3 NEO Comm, followed by H2 NEO Comm, H3 NEO Nat, H2 NEO Nat and lastly Thor's. The only reason why I rate Thor's last in this is because the sponge is very boucy compared to the others.

Looping against topspin. Hmm...Lopping against topspin, H3 NEO Nat would be the easiest, followed by H2 NEO Nat, Thor's, H3 NEO Comm and lastly H2 NEO Comm.

Looping against underspin. Well, this would be obvious, as H3 NEO Nat will be first, H2 NEO Nat,H3 NEO Comm, H2 NEO Comm and last would be Thor's. Thor's is last because it is not as tacky as the others thus making it harder to loop underspin.

Smashing. Smashing with the Thor's was the easiest, followed by H2 NEO Nat, H3 NEO Nat, H2 NEO Comm, H3 NEO Comm. I guess Thor's was the easiest because of the softer sponge and softer topsheet.

Chopping. Well, for this H3 NEO Nat was the easiest, followed by H3 NEO Comm, H2 NEO Nat, H2 NEO Comm and lastly Thor's. Thor's was rated last in this because of the bouncy sponge. If you engage the sponge even just a little bit, the chop will pop up and will make it easy for the opponent to make a kill out of it.

Pushing. Pushing was the hardest with Thor's as it is hard to get any spin out of it if you just leave your racket face open and not move. With the DHS rubbers, this was not the case, so I would rate H3 NEO Nat followed by H2 NEO Nat, H3 NEO Comm, H2 NEO Comm and then Thor's.

Sensitivity. Gosh...Someone in the Thor's thread said that it was better than the DHS rubbers, but it's not true. Thor's sensitivity is worse than the DHS rubbers. It goes H2 NEO Comm, H3 NEO Comm, H2 NEO Nat, H3 NEO Nat then Thor's.

Lobbing. Lobbing was easy with Thor's, though I'm still not used to the bouncy sponge, Thor's was definitely easier to lob than with the DHS rubbers. It goes Thor's, H2 NE Nat, H3 NEO Nat, H2 NEO Comm, H3 NEO Comm...

Brushing. Brushing was easiest with H3 NEO Nat, then H3 NEO Comm, H2 NEO Nat, H2 NEO Comm and Thor's, well, at least for me, since my partner said that it was easier to brush loop with H2 NEO Nat for him. 

Serving. Needless to say, Thor's creates more spin on serve when compared to H3 NEO COMMERCIAL, but H3 NEO NATIONAL create more spin on serves, followed by H2 NEO Nat, Thor's, H3 NEO Comm, then H2 NEO Comm.

Counter looping. Counter looping was the easiest with the Thor's, though there was less spin with Thor's. From easiest to hardest, it goes Thor's, H2 NEO Nat, H3 NEO Nat, H2 NEO Comm, H2 NEO Comm.

Counter hitting. Easiest to hardest again. Thor's, H2 NEO Nat, H2 NEO Comm, H3 NEO Nat and H3 NEO Comm.

Throw. For me, Thor's had the highest throw angle, followed by H3 NEO then H2 NEO. Mind you I didn't say Nat or Comm because the Throw angle is basicly the same.

Conclusion. The DHS Nat rubbers are superior to Thor's in most aspects of the game, and sometimes Thor's are superior to the DHS rubbers. Though Thor's is not a bad rubber, its is definitely not as good as the Nat rubbers from DHS. And I'm not a DHS fan, I just use their rubbers since they suit my style more than Thor's. But this comparison was not only made by me but also with my training partners and my coach(they don't use any of these rubbers). So you can rest assured that this comparison is not one sided. And this comparison was made after 10 hours of comparison. < ="utf-8">Though I used quite a sum of money for getting this rubbers, I am satisfied as I found myself a new rubber. I find that The H3 NEO Nat suits me more than H2 NEO Nat, so I am switching to H3 NEO Nat permanently. If I left anything out, please tell me. And if you disagree with anything, please, feel free to tell me.

Sponsored Links

bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 9:43pm
I have to wonder if you really did this test because Thors is the fastest of those rubbers and by a long ___long___ no comparison kind of way, spin is similar with all of them, control... Thors is the least since it's the fastest
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 9:50pm
danie,

you probably tested those rubbers in short-term comparison

Those rubbers lose their tack and their sponges softens up - which is very noticeably on the Thor's hence it is definitely much faster than the NEOs

but then again you're comparing Thor's w/ "National" versions of the NEOS, which really does not benefit many, considering how tough it is to buy legit National versions of DHS.

Plus not that many people ever played with the National versions of DHS so this review is subjective only to you
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
danie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

I have to wonder if you really did this test because Thors is the fastest of those rubbers and by a long ___long___ no comparison kind of way, spin is similar with all of them, control... Thors is the least since it's the fastest

lol, no, even the H3 NEO Comm was as fast as thor's on my viscaria when i did the comparison, but with more control, when I did my normal shots, it was as fast as thor's with my fast swing...my training partners and coach can confirm that
danie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by mon22 mon22 wrote:

danie,

you probably tested those rubbers in short-term comparison

Those rubbers lose their tack and their sponges softens up - which is very noticeably on the Thor's hence it is definitely much faster than the NEOs

but then again you're comparing Thor's w/ "National" versions of the NEOS, which really does not benefit many, considering how tough it is to buy legit National versions of DHS.

Plus not that many people ever played with the National versions of DHS so this review is subjective only to you

1st, I have been using H2 for quite some time. 2nd, I used Thor's for at least 3 months. Then I got a new sheet and compared it with other rubbers. 3rd, I do know they lose their tack after some time and that their sponge softens up, and I also know it's very noticeable on the Thor's, because after some time I noticed it became very soft, at least soft for me. 4th, I do know that it is tough to get legit National rubbers of the DHS rubbers, btu its not for me as my coach has contacts directly to the China National team and can get the rubber at a cheaper price than people are selling it. And lastly, I know not many people have played the National versions of the DHS rubbers, but still this comparison benefits to those who are stuck if they are using the National version and saw the Thor's thread and wondering whether they should get a Thor's.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 11:14pm
How much boosting was required to get performance that surpassed Thor's unboosted?
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 11:28pm
there aren't too many using the national versions though?...
DeIgado View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeIgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by danie danie wrote:

I'm gonna compare the H2 NEO(commercial and national) against Palio Thor's and against H3 NEO(commercial and national). Many people said in the Thor's thread that it is better than H3 NEO and H2 NEO, so I decided to make a comparison. I'm a H2 NEO Nat user and the comparison was made all on the same Viscaria having the same 97g weight. 

The weight. From heaviest to lightest. This was measured by putting them on my hand, so it might not be that accurate.

H2 NEO Nat>H2 NEO Comm>H3 NEO Comm>Thor's>H3 NEO Nat

The speed. I remember someone said in the Palio Thor's thread that it is faster than the H3 NEO and H2 NEO, but I felt that it was not. I felt that the H2 NEO Nat was the fastest followed by H3 NEO Nat and then H2 NEO Comm then H3 NEO Comm and last Palio Thor's. I'm not sure why the people in the Palio Thor's thread said differently, even my training partner and coach agreed that the DHS rubbers are faster than the Thor's. Because even with H3 NEO Comm, it felt as fast as Thor's if not faster. And my training partners had more trouble blocking my loops when using the H3 NEO Comm compared to Thor's. And my training partner said that it was faster than Thor's.

The spin. Same thing, someone in the Thor's thread said that the spin is much more than the DHS rubbers and is as much as Tenergy 05 on slow loops, very little spin on medium speed loops, and almost as much as Tenergy 05 on fast loops. Well, it is true, but definitely not more than the DHS rubbers. Even the DHS rubbers creates more spin than Tenergy, at least the National versions. The rubber which created the most spin was H3 Neo Nat, followed by H2 NEO Nat, and then Thor's, then H3 NEO Comm and lastly H2 NEO Comm. DHS said that the H2 NEO is better for spin and H3 NEO for speed, I have to concur, me,my training partners and my coach said that H3 NEO is better for spin and H2 NEO is better for speed, so I think DHS has to change the info's about the rubbers. Though we may be wrong. Further observation will be done...

Control. Not sure if anyone said that Thor's had more control than the DHS rubbers, but if someone did, I missed it. The rubber with highest control would be H3 NEO Comm, followed by H2 NEO Comm, after that H3 NEO Nat, then H2 NEO Nat, and lastly Thor's. 

Short game. Now, this may be an important part of anyone of you out there and may not, but it is important for me. The easiest to control in the short game was H3 NEO Comm, followed by H2 NEO Comm, H3 NEO Nat, H2 NEO Nat and lastly Thor's. The only reason why I rate Thor's last in this is because the sponge is very boucy compared to the others.

Looping against topspin. Hmm...Lopping against topspin, H3 NEO Nat would be the easiest, followed by H2 NEO Nat, Thor's, H3 NEO Comm and lastly H2 NEO Comm.

Looping against underspin. Well, this would be obvious, as H3 NEO Nat will be first, H2 NEO Nat,H3 NEO Comm, H2 NEO Comm and last would be Thor's. Thor's is last because it is not as tacky as the others thus making it harder to loop underspin.

Smashing. Smashing with the Thor's was the easiest, followed by H2 NEO Nat, H3 NEO Nat, H2 NEO Comm, H3 NEO Comm. I guess Thor's was the easiest because of the softer sponge and softer topsheet.

Chopping. Well, for this H3 NEO Nat was the easiest, followed by H3 NEO Comm, H2 NEO Nat, H2 NEO Comm and lastly Thor's. Thor's was rated last in this because of the bouncy sponge. If you engage the sponge even just a little bit, the chop will pop up and will make it easy for the opponent to make a kill out of it.

Pushing. Pushing was the hardest with Thor's as it is hard to get any spin out of it if you just leave your racket face open and not move. With the DHS rubbers, this was not the case, so I would rate H3 NEO Nat followed by H2 NEO Nat, H3 NEO Comm, H2 NEO Comm and then Thor's.

Sensitivity. Gosh...Someone in the Thor's thread said that it was better than the DHS rubbers, but it's not true. Thor's sensitivity is worse than the DHS rubbers. It goes H2 NEO Comm, H3 NEO Comm, H2 NEO Nat, H3 NEO Nat then Thor's.

Lobbing. Lobbing was easy with Thor's, though I'm still not used to the bouncy sponge, Thor's was definitely easier to lob than with the DHS rubbers. It goes Thor's, H2 NE Nat, H3 NEO Nat, H2 NEO Comm, H3 NEO Comm...

Brushing. Brushing was easiest with H3 NEO Nat, then H3 NEO Comm, H2 NEO Nat, H2 NEO Comm and Thor's, well, at least for me, since my partner said that it was easier to brush loop with H2 NEO Nat for him. 

Serving. Needless to say, Thor's creates more spin on serve when compared to H3 NEO COMMERCIAL, but H3 NEO NATIONAL create more spin on serves, followed by H2 NEO Nat, Thor's, H3 NEO Comm, then H2 NEO Comm.

Counter looping. Counter looping was the easiest with the Thor's, though there was less spin with Thor's. From easiest to hardest, it goes Thor's, H2 NEO Nat, H3 NEO Nat, H2 NEO Comm, H2 NEO Comm.

Counter hitting. Easiest to hardest again. Thor's, H2 NEO Nat, H2 NEO Comm, H3 NEO Nat and H3 NEO Comm.

Throw. For me, Thor's had the highest throw angle, followed by H3 NEO then H2 NEO. Mind you I didn't say Nat or Comm because the Throw angle is basicly the same.

Conclusion. The DHS Nat rubbers are superior to Thor's in most aspects of the game, and sometimes Thor's are superior to the DHS rubbers. Though Thor's is not a bad rubber, its is definitely not as good as the Nat rubbers from DHS. And I'm not a DHS fan, I just use their rubbers since they suit my style more than Thor's. But this comparison was not only made by me but also with my training partners and my coach(they don't use any of these rubbers). So you can rest assured that this comparison is not one sided. And this comparison was made after 10 hours of comparison. < ="utf-8">Though I used quite a sum of money for getting this rubbers, I am satisfied as I found myself a new rubber. I find that The H3 NEO Nat suits me more than H2 NEO Nat, so I am switching to H3 NEO Nat permanently. If I left anything out, please tell me. And if you disagree with anything, please, feel free to tell me.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, my opinion is that you are a moron.

Lets play a fun game called sh*t on thors. Yea smashing is great with thors and so is lobbing Approve so if you suck thors is great!, but momma said that thors is not good at looping because theres no spin on the ball. Its great at lobbing and smashing because its bouncy but its slower than dhs rubbers because........? Its got a terrible short game compared to dhs rubbers because its too bouncy but its slower than dhs rubbers because......? Thors has less control than dhs rubbers but dhs rubbers are still faster because........? When u push with it, and are lazy as f**k it doesn't create spin, i think i found your problem there. Counter looping is great because theres so little spin, orly. You are not a dhs fan but you buy atleast 4 different dhs rubbers and use them all the time, orly.

But like i said, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I'm not trying to say that thors is the GOAT, but its definitely better than you make it seem.

TL; DR 
Go post in the thors thread if you have a problem or opinion, thats what that thread is for.
Viscaria 86g T05 T05-fx
2059 and rising
danie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 12:01am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

How much boosting was required to get performance that surpassed Thor's unboosted?

no boosting, I have nothing to boost at all. And it has been a long time since I boosted,though I admit I did ask where to get boosters as I wanted to boost again.
bonggoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonggoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 12:08am
Originally posted by DeIgado DeIgado wrote:

His opinion is different from yours so he is a moron?

Using your logic, I guess you are a moron as well ;)

I have the same opinion as the OP. H3 NEO is much better than Thors for my game. One of my regular training partner even mentioned that my loops are easier to handle (less spin) with Thors compared with when I am using H3 NEO.

mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 12:35am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

I think this was the mod's way to simply/kindly make a point that he does not agree its possible without boost LOL

I wouldn't say Delgado is a moron for having a diff. opinion than OP
he made a point that OP is a moron for not making any sense...

Btw, H3 Neo's tack stays relatively longer thats why it maintains spin. Plus the DHS rubbers lasts a lifetime compared to any ESN products which needs to be replaced.

TheRobot99 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 12:45am
I'd have to agree partially with the original post/er. I won't say on what points, but I will say that the only "improvement" possible for Thor's would be a more tacky topsheet (which might make it last longer), the same soft topsheet, and a harder sponge. But I'd modify H2 Neo to get a similar product.
Ross Leidy Custom, DHS Hurricane III Neos, Nittaku Nodias

Xiom Fuga, Globe 999 National 39, Nittaku Nodias

JOOLA Torre All+, DHS Hurricane II #19 Sponge, Galaxy Moon 38

PTTC VP - 2011-12
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 1:00am
h2 neo is gold man...
any suggestion as to what might be considered an improvement? lol

Anyways, I would like to clearly state that DHS might be correct with their statement as to having H2 spin-based and H3 speed-based.  

Similar to OP, I too am a long-term H2 user (just switched to NEO due to QC).  It may seem that H2 is faster because it has a lower-throw angle. Now, Idk whether or not it actually has more spin than H3 but i have never used H3 in a long-term basis to have any ground to an opinion. But i do know that it is far more tackier than H3 and H3's throw angle is much higher thus it gives the impression that it is "EASIER" to use.  check out tenergy lol.  

As for your friend, let me guess, does he have a hard time with slow high loops? love those btw

pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 1:15am
I am always skeptical about those that say rubber A is spinier than rubber B but has a lower throw.  It is possible only if rubber A is also MUCH faster.
ThrowAngle=atan(VerticalSpeed/HorizontalSpeed)

mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 1:22am
idk man... lol
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 1:28am
H2 does make more spin than H3 AND is faster but it's only faster and only makes more spin because it travels less distance between point A and point B and doesn't loose so much energy on the bounce since it's coming in on a less harsh angle and effectively gently skids on the table when it lands rather than burning all it's spin landing hard from a big angle. There's no use arguing about it not being more spinny because from your opponents perspective it is :) you can only argue about where it's more spinny.

From the same point of view Thors can be said to be more powerful because it reaches the opponent much more quickly than any DHS rubber, it could be debatable if it's carrying as much spin when it gets there but the end result is a ball that's returned longer off the table than it would have been from the DHS rubbers, so long as you have enough spin to land the ball on the table, speed is so much more important

Edited by bluebucket - 03/31/2011 at 1:32am
Archie10 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archie10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 1:32am
its the player it counts. 
i'll be the Manny Pacquiao of table tennis.

TBS FL
FH - Tenergy 05 2.1
BH - Tenergy 64 1.9

My Feedback
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 1:46am
Originally posted by pnachtwey pnachtwey wrote:

I am always skeptical about those that say rubber A is spinier than rubber B but has a lower throw.  It is possible only if rubber A is also MUCH faster.
ThrowAngle=atan(VerticalSpeed/HorizontalSpeed)

You answered your own question.
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 3:30am
i think thors' is faster then both H2 and H3 Neo on smashes and hits... 

for loops...i for the life of me, i cannot even get half the spin i can get out of the hurricanes... my problem with thors' was its inconsistency in spin...

i think for loops at the top gear its similar between H2 Neo and Thors'... 
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 3:43am
The DHS rubbers are so much easier to use it's not even funny but ultimately right now I can play to a higher standard with Thors even if it does need more concentration so that's what I need to have on my blade. I can play half heartily in the local club easier with the DHS stuff but it (the ones I can buy) are not fast enough or as good from the distance I need to when I'm playing someone better than me. You can't improve your rating playing weaker players than yourself and you need a strong rubber to compete with the elite guys that are using, or more accurately, know how to use Tenergy. The only inverted players I've lost to in the last 3 months were all using T05 and all much better players than myself, I have not lost to anyone using a DHS rubber in that time so I can't really see the point in going back to that stuff
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 10:19am
You'll pardon me if I am skeptical; comparing this to the Thor's thread - Debraj's, Nice Frog and High Arc's style and level are known (they range from @US1700 to US2100, close to table to mid distance attackers and control player). They have all played for years, put in thousands of hours and practice and played a variety of players at different levels.

However, I don't recall seeing video or having any estimate of Danie's level or experience, so it makes his claims a little tougher to reconcile; simply they because appear to run counter to the claims made by known players of a certain range of ability.

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 11:43am
Yes Danie....put up a vid of you playing a game, and not lobbing softies back and forth with a partner.  This will give clear understanding of why you made the statements you have with your opinions of what you felt with various equipment.  
DeIgado View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeIgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by bonggoy bonggoy wrote:

Originally posted by DeIgado DeIgado wrote:

His opinion is different from yours so he is a moron?

Using your logic, I guess you are a moron as well ;)

I have the same opinion as the OP. H3 NEO is much better than Thors for my game. One of my regular training partner even mentioned that my loops are easier to handle (less spin) with Thors compared with when I am using H3 NEO.

Using my logic it may be your opinion that I am a moron, which is something I can live with. However, your logic is not sound at all......

to danie-

If the review made logical sense I would take it as an opposite honest opinion and only comment on why it wasn't placed in the Thor's thread. However, the tone of the review made it seem like you wrote it specifically to counter any positive comments made in the thor's thread. This review is pointless, its like  he's comparing anti spin to tenergy. If you don't have any legitimate comments about the rubber, other than "H3 Neo is better," the don't bother posting.

Also, I'm interested in your skill level. A video or alibi would be nice.
Viscaria 86g T05 T05-fx
2059 and rising
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 1:18pm
QUOTE :Danie

This sentence tells me that this thread is your own fabrication .You should be careful with the words used to structure your sentences like  "obvious " . And with the little phrase there "as H3 Neo will be first "  This sounds like  a bias, a premeditation or better yet a prejudice against Thors.
FYI Prejudice is just another word for prejudgment,which  clearly is what you have done making this review fraudulent.
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 1:33pm
Danie: i haven't yet read your full review... but on speed, i think thor's is faster than H3 NEO commercial by a huge quantum... not even an increment. 

however, i figured you said it was a new thor's sheet that you bought for practice. That is the point.... because new thors is significantly slow...and in the early part of Thor's thread i complained about speed. then nicefrog corrected me that it will speed up after a few weeks. 

and well after a month i realized that its is way faster than tenergy 05... and even slightly faster than tenergy 64 on fast strokes... but marginal. 

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 1:57pm
now that i read the review... i think many other points suggest you may have compared with a thor's sheet before it broke in. 
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 2:37pm
Looping against underspin. Well, this would be obvious, as H3 NEO Nat will be first, H2 NEO Nat,H3 NEO Comm, H2 NEO Comm and last would be Thor's.
Why is it obvious?  The rubber will not save you from poor technique and with good technique you can loop back underspin with just about anything.  The trick is to match or exceed the rotational surface speed of the ball with the tangential brushing motion of my paddle the ball will not dive into the net. Newton's third law of motion about action and reaction applies here.
I don't care which of the above rubbers you are comparing.  If you try to loop underspin and you don't match or exceed the surface speed of the ball with your paddle the ball will go into the net.

So if you simply match the rotational speed of the ball with the tangential speed of the paddle THE SPIN WILL REMAIN THE SAME FOR ALL RUBBERS.   Technique matter more than the rubber.

Thor's is last because it is not as tacky as the others thus making it harder to loop underspin.
Mark V and T05 isn't tacky at all and I can loop underspin with it just fine.  T05 loops better with more kick off the bounce but that is because T05 simply loops better or loops with less effort than Mark V/ Tacky rubbers don't help if the rotational speed matching isn't done right.
BTW, my H2 Neo commercial isn't very tacky.  I was not impressed at all.  It was yet another rubber what wasn't special.  It may be better than Mark V but not better than the Apollo I bought last summer.

And you guys wonder why people don't take TT seriously.   There are too many myths and not enough real science.

Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 2:38pm
Well the packaging of Thors is better than all the others. IN MY OPINION
Stiga Clipper
Skyline TG3 NEO/Palio Thors
www.youtube.com/ndragon88
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 3:09pm
hey was this the same kid, who claimed he was part of the chinese national team?

he's just wasting our time so we should just let this thread die
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 3:57pm
I wouldn't say he is wasting our time. As he helped me to kill 20mins on my long break from work today.
I know 1 thing though. When it comes to testing rubbers its all pretty much straight forward. I have always found in general the faster and more spinny the rubber the LESS control. 
Of course with slight variation depending on topsheet and sponge.
For example soft soft sponges have big arc but no spin. its 'Fake' spin. It offers good control in terms of reaction to spin but the catapult gives u less control.
Tacky topsheets make the rubber slower by quite a bit. It has lots of control but the tacky topsheet allows very big spin potential when hitting correctly.
Thors on the other hand is very weird. Tacky topsheet, soft topsheet and hard sponge (softer than hurricanes). The sponge being more bouncy too. If u take all that into account and u use a bit of common sense u will pretty much get the idea on how it will work. (i am hoping science doesn't prove me wrong lol)

Thors being slower COULD be true for him IF he has a fantastic chinese stroke like ma lin's and is able to unlock H2 NEO's full potential and NOT able to unlock Thor's full potential

Give the guy a break...
Stiga Clipper
Skyline TG3 NEO/Palio Thors
www.youtube.com/ndragon88
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic