Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DHS H3 Neo Tuning/Gluing Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bonggoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonggoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS H3 Neo Tuning/Gluing Questions
    Posted: 02/09/2011 at 10:16am
Can you reglue H3 Neo?

Also what does tuning means? Somebody mentioned this to me last night and I have no idea what it was.

Sorry for the newbie questions. I've been out of the game for a while.

Edited by bonggoy - 02/11/2011 at 7:14pm
Sponsored Links

AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2011 at 10:25am
They treat the rubber (sponge) at factory with some substance to enhance its performance like speed glue did in the past. Unfortunatelly, they can't match the old speed glue performance.

This is the "factory tuning". It's ITTF legal.

Professional players, league players also do a "self tuning". They use boosters (parafin oil based) to get that old speed glue performance also.  There are some rubbers that work very well with boosters and some don't.

The most used boosters are: BTY Optimizer (hard to find), Falco Tempo Booster, Dandoy Bio Booster, Tibhar Clean Tuning (hard to find)..

Note that self tuning is ITTF ilegal but looks like ITTF can't catch them.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2011 at 11:35am
BTY Optimizer found here.

http://www.butterflyonline.com/online_store_productcloseup.asp?page=glue_clean_all.asp&type=13&ID=76&pg=3&SortBy=&displayNum=5&frompg=glue
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2011 at 3:25am
how unlikely is the tournament officials gonna catch you useing the optimizer?
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2011 at 11:25am
Originally posted by JohnnyChop JohnnyChop wrote:

how unlikely is the tournament officials gonna catch you useing the optimizer?

It depends whether you play in a big tourney (3 - 5 stars) or small one.  I knew people use the optimizer in 2 - 3 stars tourney and never get caught.

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2011 at 9:38am
You can reglue Neo. When the original tuning effect wore off after a month or so, I removed the water based glue layer on sponge and attached it with plain old rubber cement. And some of the effect returned. Your mileage may vary.

Bonggoy - can you change thread title to something like "DHS H3 Neo Tuning/Gluing Questions" - there are about 30 topics with the title "DHS H3 Neo" and I'm trying to make search work more efficiently :)
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
simon_xuan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_xuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2011 at 10:49am
I got a couple of Tihbar Clean Tune tubes from Paddlepalace.com when it was on sale. It worked great for traditional rubbers, Sriver, H3 pro #22, Nittaku H2, etc. However, it only makes minor dome on NEO sponges. Not much on Tenergy, either. I am not sure which oil works best for NEO sponge. I just feel the NEO gets softer and lack of bounce after 2-3 months of play. I played 40 and 39 degree ones, both colors.
RPB Rocks!

BTY Innerforce ZLC Cpen | DHS H3N Blue Sponge | Victas V>15 Extra

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36695
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2011 at 11:58pm
And you have to play every day...

Still, most of the NEO rubbers are way too hard for their degrees.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2011 at 4:29am
I've been on a tuning adventure for a while. I hate using water based glues though.

My best combination is Paraffin Oil and Rubber Cement. Paraffin oil lasts 2-3 weeks with some kind of risidual effect, while the first two days or so its very very fast, speed is too much and spin is too litttle. After it settles down a bit, the balance is much better and the rubber performs very well.

I also discovered that It's very rubber specific.... When I played H3 39dg NEO, and TG3 Blue sponge, Paraffin Oil wasn't so good, especially on the blue sponge rubber. With H3 40 dg, the paraffin oil works very well.

So I think Paraffin oil is better fit for denser sponges. Probably very good with BW2 39+

Strangely enough, I use it on my Mark V and I like that. But I rely more on pace than spin on my BH, so that could be why. Really adds a lot of pop to good old Mark V.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic