Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Xiom Omega VIII rubbers for 2024!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
robertantal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertantal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Xiom Omega VIII rubbers for 2024!
    Posted: 02/16/2024 at 1:00pm

...also some new Vega's

Edited by robertantal - 02/16/2024 at 4:54pm
Robert
Butterfly Timo Boll 40th Anniversary
FH: Xiom OmegaV Tour / BH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2024 at 3:37am
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2024 at 9:49am
They bring back Hayabusa and Zetro Quad!
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2024 at 10:12am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Here is the 2024 catalogue.

They have a hugo calderano version of tmx too. Any idea when they would be releasing that, yogi.
I have been trying to find a shop that carries cds tmx pro and so far nobody seems to have it. 
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2024 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by anubhav1984 anubhav1984 wrote:

They have a hugo calderano version of tmx too. Any idea when they would be releasing that, yogi.
I have been trying to find a shop that carries cds tmx pro and so far nobody seems to have it. 

probably summer. pro version is just a bigger blade head for that version. it will make the blade heavier too due to increased surface area with rubbers. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2024 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

They bring back Hayabusa and Zetro Quad!

ive seen new versions of the hayabusa blades too. i just dunno if they will release these blades all at once. 

anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2024 at 5:24pm

probably summer. pro version is just a bigger blade head for that version. it will make the blade heavier too due to increased surface area with rubbers. 

Noted the point about the weight but I thought that there is no regular version of CDS Tmx as such. Perhaps I am wrong. I have been asking a lot of resellers if they have cds tmx pro but no one so far seems to have it in stock.
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2024 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by robertantal robertantal wrote:

...also some new Vega's

Very excited for these rubbers
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
JediJesseS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JediJesseS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2024 at 10:39pm

Any idea when they would be releasing that, yogi.

In the catalog it says only "Fall Launch" or Google translate offers "Released in the second half of the year". And then even after official release, as you've noticed, Xiom products can be very difficult to order.
xunil321 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xunil321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2024 at 10:35am
Catalog available as PDF?
Skynet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skynet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2024 at 3:49pm
@ Yogi
Yogi, in your opinion, can the Vega China still compete spinwise with the latest Xiom rubbers such as the Jekyll & Hyde rubbers or the China Guang/Ying, Omega 7 Tour/Hyper?
I know catalogue numbers are mostly (or oftentimes) nonsense, but Xiom gives these newer rubbers a spinrating of 9 or more, whereas the Vega China is listed as an 8.2 (regarding the spin) in the 2024 catalogue. Are they really significantly spinnier than the Vega China?
Reaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2024 at 4:18pm
Does the rubbers still crumble around the edges?

As someone with OCD i could never pay top money to see my rubbers looking like it's been eating by a rodent LOL
Neottec Magic Control -CN : Nexy Karis M / 61second Kangaroo
Revoldia clone -ST: Hurricane 9 green / 61second Eagle
Donier Defensive -ST: Sword Long Can / 61second Eagle

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic