Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SDC blades owners club

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SDC blades owners club
    Posted: 02/19/2024 at 10:12pm
Member Hipnotic builds blades to the future owners' specifications from his shop in Portugal. Starting with a PM, the conversation goes on to email or messenger until both agree on a final design including the core material, the plies, the composite, the final weight and the balance. Things can go wild with handle design relevant to artistry.

His website is https://www.sdcttblades.com/home

In the past 4+ years, he has made a few but wondering about people's experience, I realized we had no reviewing thread about his work and hoped that owners of a SDC blade would post pictures of their blades with their impressions playing them including how close they got to what they wanted while commissioning them.

Sponsored Links

skv_lviv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skv_lviv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2024 at 11:48pm
I didn't order something custom. I just bought it when I saw its picture in Hipnotic thread. Probably I wasn't fully satisfied with my Timo Boll ALC at that moment and couldn't resist to try this beauty Big smile 
It has similar composition as Timo Boll ALC. Build quality is very good, no complaints about it at all. Look is also nice. My TB Alc was 85g, this one was 87g. 
It feels differently. It felt slower at first, but ball trajectory was very stable, I became more consistent in down the line shots, it felt like I control placement very precisely (I probably had similar feeling when I played with TB Spirit and training 3 times more than I do now). After some time I've got speed too, but it took me like couple of weeks to adjust my strokes. It felt like more dull version of TB Alc, maybe not that crisp or not that glass-like compared to TB Alc (it is not bad and not good, just as it is)
I played with it more than 6 month, but probably less than a year. It fulfiled its destiny - I understood that I want heavier blade, I don't need ST handle and I like TB Alc feel. So I ended up buying TB Alc ~90g (but if I had to choose between my previous TB Alc and SDC, I would go with SDC)

YogiChris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YogiChris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2024 at 11:08am
I’ve purchased three blades from Hipnotic, one custom order and two that he posted in his shop. The finish is always top notch. I played with the custom order for about six months and always come back to it. It’s a bit on the heavy side, which he let me know it would be. It’s a beautiful blade and I have an order in for another, but the turn around times on a custom are long. 

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2024 at 11:11am
Originally posted by YogiChris YogiChris wrote:

I’ve purchased three blades from Hipnotic, one custom order and two that he posted in his shop. The finish is always top notch. I played with the custom order for about six months and always come back to it. It’s a bit on the heavy side, which he let me know it would be. It’s a beautiful blade and I have an order in for another, but the turn around times on a custom are long. 
It makes it even better when it comes Big smile. What a lovely handle!!! What's the composition of that one?
YogiChris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YogiChris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2024 at 11:22am
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

Originally posted by YogiChris YogiChris wrote:

It makes it even better when it comes Big smile. What a lovely handle!!! What's the composition of that one?

True. Composition is (from outer to inner) koto, spruce, aramid, western red cedar. 94g which is exactly what he estimated it would be. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic