FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THE CLIPPER CLUB!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2008 at 6:03pm
1-Clipper Wood CPEN (85.25g) zchao93

Hey, pay soon. It looks so good. i might keep it. :-).
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Sponsored Links

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2008 at 6:19pm

May I remind ppl that Clipper Cpen looks as sweet as my last 1:

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2008 at 8:29pm
Here are the international postal receipts + one from L.A. (it's like a foreign country). USA buyers will receive a shipping notice from Paypal The Stigas are on the way!

20080515_203017_Clipper-Receipt.gif
sadius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2008 at 9:16pm
Wow. You are really a trustflull man. With receipt and all the PM. Thanks again Tommyzai for a blade.
Flicker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2008 at 8:13am
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

Originally posted by loopdrive loopdrive wrote:

Why is clipper so hot all of a sudden? I see people lining up like in a boxing day sale. Is it because of its weight? Or TZ is a good salesman? Or he is a good man, period. Can someone explain it so that I can give myself a good reason to join the line too?

I put out over $800 in the past month to get Clippers for members because there is a shortage out there and I'm trying to help. When all is said and done I probably lost money, and I know I lost a lot of time. I'm just trying to help. That's all. I have no other motive. Who else would lay out that much jack with no chance of making a profit? Hey, I like to be Santa and I'm insane. I only wish I could have found lighter Clippers and more straight handled ones. I had two boxes fall through that would have filled the orders on the list. :-(.

I don't need to be a good salesman to sell good quality, decent weight Clippers. The demand is WAY higher than the supply.

I totally agree with Tommy that Clipper Wood at mid-80 gr weight is in very high demand.  I personally had contacted Paddle Palace over a month ago and was told that they only had 2 in stock at 89 and 90 gr.  Since then they had been out of stock of Clipper Wood and will not get their new stock until another couple months.   Besides, you will have to buy $60 worth of stuffs to get the blade shipped at a price of $43.  Through Tommy, I got mine $43 shipped period.  In addition, I (we) receive almost real-time update of where the shipment is at.  What more one can ask for? :))  I already own a Clipper CR WRB but still wanted to acquire a Clipper Wood due to its good playing characteristics.

After it is all said and done, it doesn't hurt to deal with an honest and straight shooter person like Tommy.

Enough said, are you going to get in-line, loopdrive? :)
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2008 at 12:15pm
Thanks Flick! :-).
I'm tryin'.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2008 at 12:43pm

hey tommy do you have a cpen clipper CR as light as your clipper cpens?
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2008 at 12:47pm
Sorry bbkon, I only have the Clipper Classic CPEN, however, sealing is almost the same as their $4 ultra violet coating.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2008 at 1:46pm
zchao93, sorry. I waited two days and had to sell it. If a new box comes and you are interested let me know.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2008 at 3:17pm
Some guy chickened out or someth'n? Wuaht...some more r coming? U sure there r ppl here have already booked or promised to want them?
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2008 at 3:30pm
Hercules bought the cpen. I didn't hear from zchao.
I have an order in for more, but it's looking sketchy.
cmk1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2008 at 5:02pm
Hi Tommy,

Can you put my name on your list for a <84g Clipper Cpen?

Thanks,

cmk1
sadius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2008 at 10:25pm
Received a package today.  I can't believe a good quality blade at 43 dollars.  Really enjoy looking at it.  Thanks again
Flicker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2008 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by sadius sadius wrote:

Received a package today.  I can't believe a good quality blade at 43 dollars.  Really enjoy looking at it.  Thanks again
What?  You received your blade already?  You must be TZai's next door neighbor. :)  Can't wait to receive mine. :)
sadius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2008 at 12:33am
Yup, i actually live only 45 minutes drive from his place. Blade is beautifull and the top ply is similar to my Acoustic. Just finished third coat of water base polyurethane and it so nice. Have to wait for blade dry and do some hitting....
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2008 at 2:00am
:-).
Flicker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2008 at 8:46am
Sadius - Good for you.  Some more waiting for me though. :)

Tommy - What method of sealing would you recommend for those of us who are not experts in blade sealing?
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2008 at 10:45am
*Prepare blade first. If you have to lightly sand, do it carefully with an extra fine gauge sponge sanding block-DRY. If you wet-sand a bare wood blade it might soften the wood and could deform it. Do not round off blade edges unless you like it that way. Use rubbing alcohol to clean. Let dry (a few minutes). Now you're ready . . .

VARATHANE DIAMOND INTERIOR WOOD FINISH-SATIN (not gloss)-#2002-61.

1. Stir can well without shaking (causes air bubbles).
2. Dip the corner (twisted or folded up a little) of clean, dry cotton cloth* and quickly rub the sealer into the blade and with a technique that covers evenly. I go in circles starting at the center of the face of the blade and work my way to the outer edges, then wipe along the side edge (perimeter) of the blade where the edge tape will go, then quickly return to the face of the blade to wipe off any spill over from the edge sealing with some light vertical strokes from handle out over top of blade. You might want to stroke a nice even level line across the top of the handle where the bottom edge of the rubber will go; however, I think it looks better and strengthens the blade to seal the wings/shoulder. Some prefer to use a sponge or china bristle brush when applying, but that leaves a heavy coat and/or streaks of sealant. THAT IS NO GOOD. The trick is to rub the sealant INTO the blade, then gently wipe off the excess with the cloth.
3. Wait one hour, then polish with a clean dry cloth.
4. Repeat.
5. Repeat a third time ONLY if the blade is like bare porous wood or if you want a stiffer lacquered effect (I have over sealed and made a mess. My blade looked like an over protected night table . . . hard as a rock and too thick). Luckily, I managed to fix this by sanding with a fine gauge wet sanding sponge and it took hours to repair my disaster. But only do this if you mess up, which you shouldn't. However, I should mention many of the Chinese players are over-sealing to stiffen the blade. Some call over-sealing "lacquering." There are also other product and techniques specifically designed for lacquering, but I recommend using Varathane and adjusting the number of layers.
6. Let harden overnight or longer if you can wait. 3-days is best.
7. Affix your rubbers! I use glue sheets and NEVER get splinters when removing!!!!!!

*Use a cotton cloth or an expensive paper towel like Bounty that will not leave lint of fall apart and get stuck to your wet sealer. I use an old pair of 100% cotton boxer shorts. :-).

I learned the technique in China.
I don't remember who turned me on to this Varathane, but it was on MYTT.
My hats off to him/her. I added the boxer shorts.

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2008 at 10:46am
Sealing these Clippers or OCs is a must.
These are nice quality blades . . .
protect them.
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2008 at 6:53pm
Got my blade and just sealed it. Thanks Tommy for the good deal.
Flicker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2008 at 7:46pm
Tommy - I just received my blade literally 2 hours ago.  Nice looking blade.  It feels really nice on my hand.  I will try to seal it according to your instruction above.  The only bummer is I was looking forward to put a sheet of IQ UL and Sriver on it for practice tomorrow but I guess I will have to wait a few more days to do a good job of sealing it.  Thanks again for such a speedy shipment, Tommy.  By the way, you packed the blade so well that it did take me a while to unpack it. Good job. :))
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2008 at 12:35am
tommy,i could barely find the mummyHugyou are definetly the best packer on the planet...thank you very much.beautiful blade and super fast delivery.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2008 at 12:11pm
Tommy,

I got my blade yesterday. looks and feels great! I will seal it today.
I think the packing weighed more than the blade.

thanks again,

JL
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
sadius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2008 at 9:09pm
sadius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2008 at 9:12pm
After tripple seals
Flicker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2008 at 9:18pm

Did you seal it with Varathane as Tommy suggested?  Did you seal the handle too?  It looks darker and has that shine.

chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2008 at 9:28pm
Nice sealing!!!  Did you guys sand the edges of these babies?!

I find that stiga blades with the colored ply like to create colored dust that changes the whole edge a new color.

I remove 95% of it with sticky tack (rubbing alcohol makes the color bleed, even worse) - roll / rub the sticky tack (blue rubbery "clay" for sticking posters on the wall without tacks) along the edge to remove the colored dust.
sadius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2008 at 9:28pm
Nope.  I used Minwax water base Polyurethane clear Satin bought from Home Depot. And finger nail sand block. Little sponge brush. Very light sand after each coat.

And yes. I tripple seals everything. Very thin coat on each time. Handle will stcky a little bit at first but after a few time and won't stick no more and maintain the beauty for the life of blade
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2008 at 12:47am
Beautiful job. I think Hookshot uses Miniwax.

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2008 at 12:54am
I used "Bulls Eye" shellac -ethanol based....it was the first time i used it.I think it is the same thing Joola is selling
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic