FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Juic Hinoki 1 Ply or Darker 7P-2A.7T

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Juic Hinoki 1 Ply or Darker 7P-2A.7T
    Posted: 04/07/2008 at 8:03am
I've been reading all the hype about hinoki feel, quality, 1 ply blades etc. for a while and I won't try to resist anymore :). So currently, most affordable one that attract me are Darker 7 Ply and the Juic 1 ply. Others are mostly too expensive and/or too thick. So which one is faster, softer (don't like too soft), better quality/feel etc. etc.? Write as much as you can :)
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
Sponsored Links

Wingman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wingman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2008 at 12:22pm
I don't have both, however, few weeks ago I had to make a decision between Speed90 Cpen and 7P-2A Cpen.  At the end, I had to choose between "true" hinoki characteristic and lighter weight and I chose 1-ply because I am able to come up with my setup weight limit (less than 165). 
To be more precise,  Dalamchops tried both Speed90 and 7P-2A, Holda tried both Juic 1 ply and Speed90.  May be you can link those two by compare to Speed90?
A Proud Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club

Speed90 Cpen: F3 Big Slam Max, Xtend 2.0 89/160 grams
H-1-9 FL: Impuls speed 2.0, QUAD420 Max 90/161 grams
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2008 at 12:44pm
you just need to try a 1 ply and see if you like the feel at all. Nothing else can produce a similar feel.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2008 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by dalamchops dalamchops wrote:

you just need to try a 1 ply and see if you like the feel at all. Nothing else can produce a similar feel.

I second that.  Single ply Hinoki (true Japanese Kiso Hinoki) has this unparalleled catapult feel that you can't get from other types of wood.
pongcrazy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2008 at 2:13pm
This info may help..... The following is partial correspondence between Borko and myself last weekend:

(My Question)
Borko,

What would you say the differences are between 2 hinoki blades using the same wood, but one being a 1-ply, and the other being a 7 ply of the same exact thickness?  Which one would be faster?  Please add any of your thoughts about this question.  Thanks.

(Borko's Reply)
Hi  Pongcrazy,

Speed of the blade is dependent on several factors:

• Density of the wood
  • Thickness of the blade
  • Moisture content

With one ply Hinoki blades on the top of all off this we have to take the number of lines per linear inch of its with. So as you can see asking what blade is faster is not an easy thing to do and give the answer. As both blades will be fast I would like to think that one ply will have the edge in terms of  hitting flat balls , blocking and game where quick hitting exchanges are needed, while 7 pls will be better for spins and drops and short game at the table .As you move away of the table 4-6 feet 1 ply blade will tend to start fading away while the 7 ply even away of the table will still be in focus and power will be there. So it really depends an what are you going to use it for and what game do you play. One ply blade in time aside from having great feel will become lighter while 7 ply will not loose in its weight so much.One ply blade is used buy the hitter's who like to flat hit but 5,7,9 plys are used buy the spiner's but  this is only a general separation.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Borko

Viscaria, H3 Neo, Coppa X1 Gold
7p2a-7t, TG2 Neo, Acuda S2
Wingman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wingman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2008 at 2:41pm
There are no 7plys as thick as 9mm and there are no one ply as thin as 7mm. Confused   And due to the wood properties that are more sensitive, I guess best thing is to compare one to one. 

Even the same model, there are also wood variations for one ply.  I got 3 Speed90 Cpen blades few days ago and I had to choose between tighter grain with more color variabtion or looser grain with more uniform color.  Most of the grains space are about twice as wide.  My friend and I will put the same rubber on, I will report if I found some noticable differences.

joris View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2008 at 2:53pm
I'm not agree the Speed of the blade is dependent on
  • Density of the wood
  • Thickness of the blade
  • Moisture content
joris
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2008 at 2:55pm

Between July'07 and December '07, I have bought 7 blades.  ( I have sold some of them since.)  In February'08 I bought a 7P-2A-7T and I can safely say I am done buying blades for a while.

I have never hit with a 1-ply blade though.

Wingman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wingman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2008 at 2:56pm

May i ask why not?

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2008 at 10:33pm
What is actually meant by flat hit ? Is it 90 degrees to the blade surface ? Then according to my experience, hitting like that would be slow. I find that hitting at an angle is the fast one. I would be interested to have comments on this.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2008 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by GenomicsKnight GenomicsKnight wrote:

Originally posted by dalamchops dalamchops wrote:

I second that.  Single ply Hinoki (true Japanese Kiso Hinoki) has this unparalleled catapult feel that you can't get from other types of wood.
i am an active supporter of the above.see borko's comment,also.he is the designer/manufacturer,too
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2008 at 12:19am
Originally posted by speaquinox speaquinox wrote:

I've been reading all the hype about hinoki feel, quality, 1 ply blades etc. for a while and I won't try to resist anymore :). So currently, most affordable one that attract me are Darker 7 Ply and the Juic 1 ply. Others are mostly too expensive and/or too thick. So which one is faster, softer (don't like too soft), better quality/feel etc. etc.? Write as much as you can :)
also,i don't know if there is any difference between 7p-2a.t and 7p-2a..,but i have 7p-2a ,too,and i think this is a very good 7 ply blade.it is light,very  light-82 gr.i was very greatful to a person who sold it me.it is very good for any level,i think.the  low weight allows to select heavier,thicher rubbers,speed is fantastic,but again,it is a controllable blade!it is nice when playing close to the table and in mid zone,also can shoot the ball from some distance.i am keeping this one for now,because of its low weight.

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2008 at 2:45am
Many people are praising 7P2A, but I don't like my 7P2A Carbon CHN. It is slow.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2008 at 3:24am
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

Many people are praising 7P2A, but I don't like my 7P2A Carbon CHN. It is slow.
i remember your saying it before...may be you are just all that fast yourself and really need something different.i had a blade that was rated OFF+ by butterfly and  been the slowest of all blades i have tried.cofferlait.
this is a bit off topic....

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2008 at 3:28am
I wish I did not buy it.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2008 at 3:34am
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

I wish I did not buy it.
i would imagine,that it could be sold/offered for trade.evrybody has a different taste for speed/feel.
i am sure somebody will be interested..Wink
satthu View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote satthu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2008 at 8:31am
I've never try the 7p-2a.T, but the 7p-2A is a little bit slow in my opinion. Try the 5p-2a or the darker 3ply, they're a bit faster. The 1-ply (speed90) sure feels nice hitting, but definitely doesn't improve my game in any way. I highly recommend the 5p-2a.

Iruiru jacked up its price from 6000 yen to 11500 yen :(
Paddlepalace has it for $72.
Where else can you buy a cheap Juic Hinoki 1 Ply?
Darker 5P-2A ST
Banda Sigma
Stiga Mendo MP
Flicker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2008 at 9:11am
Originally posted by satthu satthu wrote:

I've never try the 7p-2a.T, but the 7p-2A is a little bit slow in my opinion. Try the 5p-2a or the darker 3ply, they're a bit faster. The 1-ply (speed90) sure feels nice hitting, but definitely doesn't improve my game in any way. I highly recommend the 5p-2a.

PaddlePalace carries Darker now?
Wingman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wingman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2008 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Flicker Flicker wrote:

That's Juic 1 ply.

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2008 at 11:47am
Juic 1 ply from paddlepalace is the cheapest but not necessarily the greatest and lightest. The last time I learnt from them was that they already r running low in Juic, less than a handful left.
Watch out for its narrow/slim FL handle as it may not be a cuppa for everyone, IMO. My friend BULL bought 1 without my sounded "advice n approval" n played it only a bit n now he doesn't praise n play it anymore. I always wonder personally how this Juic would compare with my brand new H-1-9 ST. There must be a darn good reason why H-1-9 is more expensive than Juic 1 ply from paddlepalace.
pongcrazy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2008 at 2:19pm

Where else can you buy a cheap Juic Hinoki 1 Ply?

The 7p-2a.7t is 7.0 mm thick while the 7p-2a is 6.5 mm thick.  That may be a little difference is the speed.  How thick is the 5p-2a???
Viscaria, H3 Neo, Coppa X1 Gold
7p2a-7t, TG2 Neo, Acuda S2
Golden Skans View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Golden Skans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2008 at 2:23pm
5P-2A is 6.5 mm
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2008 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

Juic 1 ply from paddlepalace is the cheapest but not necessarily the greatest and lightest. The last time I learnt from them was that they already r running low in Juic, less than a handful left.
Watch out for its thin n slim FL handle as it may not be a cuppa for everyone. My friend BULL bought 1 without my sounded "advice n approval" n played it only a bit n now he doesn't praise n play it anymore. I always wonder personally how this Juic would compare with my brand new H-1-9 ST. There must be a darn good reason why H-1-9 is more expensive than Juic 1 ply from paddlepalace.
really he does not like anymore?why?did he explain?i can measure my blade's hadle and argue that the handle is slim.it really is not slim,but got very acceptable size.
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2008 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Flicker Flicker wrote:

They used to carry...
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2008 at 12:56am
Originally posted by holda holda wrote:

Watch out for its thin n slim FL handle as it may not be a cuppa for everyone. My friend BULL bought 1 without my sounded "advice n approval" n played it only a bit n now he doesn't praise n play it anymore. I always wonder personally how this Juic would compare with my brand new H-1-9 ST. There must be a darn good reason why H-1-9 is more expensive than Juic 1 ply from paddlepalace.
really he does not like anymore?why?did he explain?i can measure my blade's hadle and argue that the handle is slim.it really is not slim,but got very acceptable size.

uh, question: how can an 8.5mm blade be thin in handle size? add 8.5mm and some little bits for the flared handle, cmon how can that be thin? [ive never owned 1 ply hinoki, but would like to ask becuase it seems strange]
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2008 at 2:13am
it is well designed and you really don't focuse on the thichkness,unless the blade is so uncomfortable.i assure you that 8.5 mm would not bother you at all(my opinion,of course).
i have let my blade swing in the club a bit,and some people said they are very impressed.you have to try to figure out for yourself,but most people who have tried are putting their equipment in boxes just for a whileBig%20smile
nashron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nashron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2008 at 2:29am
borko n son  do produce one ply blade?
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2008 at 2:51am
Originally posted by theman theman wrote:

Originally posted by holda holda wrote:

uh, question: how can an 8.5mm blade be thin in handle size? add 8.5mm and some little bits for the flared handle, cmon how can that be thin? [ive never owned 1 ply hinoki, but would like to ask becuase it seems strange]
may be you have not seen the pics i took.
see the link,please,
there is a link to another darker blade.see how they look in compariison
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2008 at 3:19am
Tiehwen has a nice deal on H1-9. If I'm not mistaken, someone posted it had too much vibration. Anyone confirm that? And more info on the 1-9 will be appreciated.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2008 at 3:22am
they look pretty similar to me in thicknesses, maybe the head size is different. like anything thicker than a PC, is good enuf for me, when i frst held that PC, i kinda liked the fatness, so if its thicker than that, then im happy  :)
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic