tabletennis11.com

[haggisv] Best of Brand series - Butterfly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [haggisv] Best of Brand series - Butterfly
    Posted: 07/13/2008 at 8:00pm

I thought it might be useful to start a thread and get opinions on what are the best rubbers/blades from a particular brand. It would be great to get as many opinions as possible about which you think are notable/special products from the particular brand, and a brief reason why. It's not about finding out which is THE most popular, but about finding a range of rubbers/blades from that manufacturer which are good and stand out a little.

This can be useful and interesting for anyone to find out a little about a brand, and can be particularly helpful to those that only have access to one or 2 brands, or have a personal preference to a particular brand.

I will also run it at the other major forums, and after a week or 2 compile the list and summarise the comments. Then we can start on the next brand.

I thought I might start with (presumable still?) the biggest brand - Butterfly

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Sponsored Links

doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2008 at 8:24pm
If your technique is sound and you produce your own power, you cannot go wrong with Petr Korbel.  Even Korbel and Oh Sang Eun are using it, if BTY is not lying.  Yes, BTY has Jun Mizutani, TBS, Maze, Photino, SC, PC, etc. but I found that Korbel is sufficient.  It does not have any fancy things, just ayous + limba, but it's the player who makes the difference. Korbel can do anything well, just it does not shine in any aspects.  Pretty much a basic blade that is very allround.

In addition (although it is not about popularity as Haggisv mentioned above), I think Korbel is also a best seller among BTY's all-wood blades.  This might say something as well.

For rubbers, I find that the old Sriver (my favorite is EL) is very good, especially glued.  If not glued, I am not sure what BTY's rubbers are good, I will probably go with german tensors.
SquidTT View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquidTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2008 at 8:25pm

Both the BTY Timo Boll Spirit and Michael Maze are great blades.

Rubbers: Sriver and Bryce.
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2008 at 9:21pm
The best things that Butterfly has made would be (in no particular order):

-Korbel
-TBS
-Bryce Speed
-Tenergy
-Sriver G2-FX (the topsheet is grippier than the 1st generation)
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2008 at 10:07pm
TACKIFIRE C is a great rubber, if you are not a fan of Chinese rubbers, this is a great alternative, amazing spin, great spped~
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2008 at 10:46pm
I have used Butterfly products for at least 1.5 years. In my opinion, their products suit trained professionals. I had to leave them when I've decided to develop my game - highly controllable blades from TSP, Dr.Neubauer help developing players.

My favorite Butterfly products are:

1. Water based glue
2. Robot
3. Matsush*ta Pro Special Blade
4. Feint Long II

Henry Hou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Hou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 2:53am
In my childhood(25 years ago), the first blade/rubber is Butterfly seinko 1(penhold)/sriver 1.8mm. Right now, Butterfly is still producing fancy, high qulity and multiple range of  products. They are the top brand of market, so many players own butterfly regarding to their marketing strategy. Although I don't like their products very much(too many people own them) but I have to admire them a little bit.
Main:Timo Boll Limited edition(FH:G3 2.1 BH: Tenergy 25 2.1)
Spare1.Timo boll ZLF(FH:G3 2.1 BH: G3 FX 2.1)
Spare2.Timo Boll ALC(FH: G3 2.1 BH:ROXON 450 max)
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 2:53am
the only blade that ive used extensively and is butterfly is the PC, but i must admit the craftsmanship is awesome
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 6:25am
I've used most major blades on the market, and although the craftmanship of the Butterfly blades is good, the andro blades seem to suit my game better. When I tried the acoustic it also felt nice. But it all depends on your style of play. Most companies now have equivelant blades to each other, so the differance is always in the head shape or handle size.

When it comes to rubbers, I am very Biased. i have used nearly all the Tensors and must say that at the moment the Roxon 450 is the best - Yes better than Tenergy 05.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 6:50am
lol Roxon isn't better than Tenergy. They're both very good but very different from each other.
silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 6:58am
Tenergy is a fair bit spinnier than Roxon.
Potato Face
Ginko Tai Kim View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 7:05am
Good idea too see our inputs on the brands... As for me

#1) Sriver/sriver el - very affordable, very good japanese rubber, good spin and control. Durable.
#2) bryce fx - very fast high tensioned rubber, lower throw, durable, works beautiful with glue.
#3) schlager
#4) sardius - classic carbon, king of speed, very popular with the older guys. Same as schlager but bigger head and softer feel. Suited well for flat hitters.
#5) KLHS
#6) TBS - A very nice arylate carbon composite blade, very good feel and like the kong special is great for loopers.

Ginko Tai Kim

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
Giant Dragon Giant Long ox
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 7:08am
btw.... cant forget super anti, very slippery and good control. Plus last forever.

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
usagi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usagi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 7:15am
I have to say the Fukuhara Special blade is great... for me at least... probably under rated cos guys dun want to appear sissy, so they dun wanna buy it... Tongue
Fukuhara Special-FL: Bryce Speed + Tango
To test: Yasaka Offensive Gatien 7-ply: Bryce(FH) + Moristo-SP 1.9(BH) *sealing atm*
Thylacine View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thylacine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 7:25am
 Rubber - Sriver EL
 Shakehand blade - Matsush*ta Pro
 J-pen blade - Cypress S

Single Ply Hinoki club
Master_of_loops View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 8:29am
In my whole TT life I use many blades and rubbers (about 10 blades and about 15 different rubbers). Most of thiese blades and rubbers and blades were Butterfly products ( SC, Gergely carbon, Primorac OFF-, Sriver L, EL, FX, power sponge, Bryce, FX, power sponge). Also I use a lot of Stiga blades (Offensive classic WRB, Clipper WRB, Hybrid wood, Carbo 7.6 WRB) and rubbers (Mendo energy, Almana sound Synergy Tech, Magna). Others are (BLADES: Yasaka Gatien extra, Avalox P500, Xiom Stradivarius; Rubbers: DHS G666). Now I use :
BLADE: BTY MICHAEL MAZE OFF
RUBBER: BTY BRYCE SPEED FX 2.1 mm ON BOTH SIDES
GLUE: BTY FREE CHACK
TUNER: BTY SPEED OPTIMIZER

With this combo I got everything I need for my game: lots of SPEED, lots of SPIN, AND lots of CONTROL

I probably can  say that during my TT equipment expirience I got TT equipment knowledge, and  also I am Profesional TT player (I play for fun and for money)! Believe me choose only BUTTERFLY, because its a bigest and best TT brand which makes most quality products.  

My favourite Butterfly products are: Michael Maze OFF, Bryce Speed FX, Free chack, and Speed Optimizer! But all other Butterfly products were you can read MADE IN JAPAN is best forl different style of play!                                                              
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 8:53am
"Believe me choose only BUTTERFLY, because its a bigest and best TT brand which makes most quality products."

I have to disagree with your statement. The best blade that suits you is butterfly. That does not mean all other brands are bad.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 9:05am
I think that compiling a general view and bringing out the positives of each manufacturer, that said moving on too another brand after compiling a general survey is what haggisv might be thinking.

Hehe sorry for the direct post but im glued on watching Miss Universe!!!

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 9:13am
Originally posted by varghesep varghesep wrote:

"Believe me choose only BUTTERFLY, because its a bigest and best TT brand which makes most quality products."

I have to disagree with your statement. The best blade that suits you is butterfly. That does not mean all other brands are bad.

Other brands arent bad. They are good. But for me, Butterfly is better!
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 9:16am
"But I thinks that Butterfly is better!"

I have to disagree. Most of the brands out there make excellent products. It is a personal preference of what brand you like much.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 9:26am

I have to disagree. Most of the brands out there make excellent products. It is a personal preference of what brand you like much.

This is true! Everybody is looking for something perfect! But as you say I found that for me personaly Butterfly is perfect!
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 9:41am
Originally posted by Ginko Tai Kim Ginko Tai Kim wrote:

I think that compiling a general view and bringing out the positives of each manufacturer, that said moving on too another brand after compiling a general survey is what haggisv might be thinking.

Yes that is exactly right, cheers Ginko Tai Kim!
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 9:58am
Id like to see some of you that think one brand of blade is the best, try like 6 or more compareable blades with a butterfly mixed in.....all blades would be made with no graphics and same handles. 

Do you think you could actually pick out which is which?    You might also find you like something other than the Butterfly one!  

I have a Butterfly blade that I like alot, but I also have a YinHe, Nittaku, Mizuno, and a Gambler that I like quite a bit as well.   Not sure that I can say I like one over the other at most times.  They all have different feelings to them....but I can play with them all.   I think rubbers are a bigger factor in the game for myself.   Just my personal observation after trying so many different blades and rubbers.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 10:10am
Yes i agree... most brands have something special, and the point of this thread is to identify which are special within the Butterfly brand... Not everyone will like or prefer it the ones we come up with, but many do (or at least agree it's a good product)...

BTW Thanks for all the replies guys, this is good stuff!
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 10:20am

So...as he said...he thinks that Butterfly is the best, and that's his personal opinion.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
7plywood View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7plywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 10:45am

Sriver is irreplaceable. 30 years and still the most popular rubber for any level - and for a good reason.

hafawaz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hafawaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 11:06am
Butterfly still has some of the best quality control out there - something that many other brands haven't quite gotten.  They have great consistency in production standards. 

Best in Rubbers - Sriver / Bryce / Tackiness

Best in Blades - Andrejz Grubba / TBS / Schlager / Korbel

Great stuff. 
Senkoh - 85 with Sriver EL 2.1
Keyshot Light with Sriver FX 2.1
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 11:12am
Ok....sorry to have mis-understood the point of original posting.

My fav. Butterfly blade is the A. Grubba ALL+.   Only blade I have found so far to be close to it is my Nittaku Torua.  

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by hafawaz hafawaz wrote:

Butterfly still has some of the best quality control out there - something that many other brands haven't quite gotten.  They have great consistency in production standards. 

Best in Rubbers - Sriver / Bryce / Tackiness

Best in Blades - Andrejz Grubba / TBS / Schlager / Korbel

Great stuff. 

Yes I agree they are still among the best. Their top end blades are no doubt among the best in quality, although some of their lower end range is certainly not the same quality, and probably not made in the same factory...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2008 at 4:39am
I agree that some "lower end" butterfly stuff are really poorly made, ie the blades that are made in china and not in the japan factory

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic