Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - battered image of ittf and olympic table tennis
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

battered image of ittf and olympic table tennis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
manluski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manluski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2008 at 4:31pm
hey
i sympathize with what you are saying and that is why the free nations are urging china to be more tolerant. but, nobody can tell a nation as big as china how to conduct itself. it is doing excepionally well with it huge population. so whatever works for them is good. compared to countries like india and other 3rd world nation. if strict communism works for them fine.

i still don't agree with you that they should be allowed to represent other nations or given a second chance as you call it. they could migrate as coaches. right now the field is too crowded of chinese players i don't care if they are 10 or 20 billion.

if ittf decides to increase their quota for whatever reasen to more than 3, fine. but not representing other nations that did not develop them. these competition are supposed to reflect the development of the sport in any country and that is why china is winning now.

so what should countries who abide by the law do? loose to countries who cheat by importation. how about poor countries who can't afford facilities and equipment not to talk about  importing players.

you cannot justify criminal act, cheating because of sentiments. if not fair. 
manluski
Sponsored Links

manluski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manluski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2008 at 4:38pm
might be singapore people are rich and don't want to sweat and play tt, they can just cheat. my friend or whatever you are, what should poor countries do who play by the rules, cannot afford equipment and facilities even good foreign countries do? not to talk about  afford competiting for  imported players like singapore. a nation that has never won a medal in tt in say commonwealth games, now showing up in india, last year and sweeping all the medals in sight.

tthen poor countries should then boycott these games or resort to doping.

where is fairness in the sports. tell me.
manluski
tatan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2008 at 4:53pm
ok import chinese players and let them play for ur country and hope that someday the players of ur country will become as good as chinese since they practice with imported chinese players.

somebody mentioned sl*ggi beat Joo as he practiced against chen.i am dying to beat wlq can u name me some player with whom i can practiceLOL
or at least i can beat timo.

what i feel is these imported players should play in league to bring the verity  but should not play for country.if ur countryman can not win at least let them gain some experience to become better.u can send them to china or korea to learn.

1)ZJ fl(89 gm) fh T05 red max bh T05 fx black max
2)TBS fl(89 gm) fh T05 black max bh GKI hybrid gx red max
PangLionel View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PangLionel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2008 at 5:01pm
I wish i could be reborn as a china player and play tt for Singapore!
Then I can get an olympic medal too!
LOL!
PangLionel View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PangLionel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2008 at 5:11pm
Or maybe I can migrate to China,become their citizen,then move back to Singapore to play tt?

Recanter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Recanter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2008 at 6:11pm
We can't change others, but you can change ourselves!

Convince the government to offer more funding for tt and you sill see the standards increase!

The reason the Chinese dominate TT is because the government makes it a National Sport! So funding in that area ia HUGE!

Look at the funding for:
- Cricket for India, Pakistahn, England hundreds of thousands etc
- Soccer players in clubs get paid millions! And they import their talent!

Heroes are not born, they are built! From lots and lots of government funding!
Timo Boll ALC ST

FH: BTY Tenergy 64 2.1
BH: BTY EJ Max
PongPong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PongPong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2008 at 9:43pm
Oh, yeah. IOC should ban basketball because USA is dominating; IOC should ban archery because Korea is dominatig; IOC should ban swimming because Phelps is dominating; IOC should ban diving because, oops, China is dominating. Let those countries that do not want to spend on sports win the most medale; let those players who do not want to train hard to be Olympians...
Then you will applaud for the Olympic games, won't you?
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2008 at 10:04pm
Maybe they should change it so they don't show which country they are from. Like tennis. They don't care about where they are from. 
hafawaz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hafawaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2008 at 10:09pm
impossible to regulate - the rule for developing players in your country will not solve the problem.  many tt players spend a great deal of time in clubs outside their countries and go where there are good players to train with. 

if other countries truly wish to compete with china, they will fund the sport more fully and encourage talent - this can tip the balance.  the only reason china is dominant is that they spend incredible amounts on the sport and support it fully. 

ultimatly the country of citizenship determines who you represent - all other considerations are secondary.  to do otherwise sets a dangerous and convoluted precedent and requires an equally convoluted series of regulations to manage.

Senkoh - 85 with Sriver EL 2.1
Keyshot Light with Sriver FX 2.1
goldfish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2008 at 10:36pm
I heard that USATT tried to import Wang Hao many years ago ( unfortunately was refused by Wang Hao).  It is unarguable every country want to get the best sportman representing their own country. We don't want to see every TT game US players lose nothing to 11. And we are happy to see Wang Chen beat KIM Kyung Ah.
Innerforce ZLC cs
FH:Tenergy05 2.1mm
BH:Donic Vario sound 2.0 mm
Items for Sale
TT Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2008 at 12:17am

ITTF is a Joke!!!  And the Chinese will continue to dominate the Sport...that really sucks!!! That's very boring & predictableThumbs%20Down.

Once  J.PERSSON was out of the Semis I quit watching the Olympics(or should I call it  the Chinese National ChampionshipDisapproveAngry!!).

Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2008 at 1:58am
My two cents :
I concur that, no matter where they come from, the best players should play. See in Tennis ? Appart the davis cup, which has become a minor event nowadays, the sport has nothing to do with nationalities. By the way, world n�1 comes from Majorca, n�2 from switzerland, n�3 Serbia. All unexpected places with very few players. If there must be 40 chineses amongst the top 50. Let it be. Nothing is here forever. Europe, not long ago has dominated TT, and what has been done once can surely be done twice.
Now, and where I understand Manluski point of view is that, including Chinese players in other national teem will not automatically raise these countries level. Let me be more specific. What do you think would happen if you are a young and talented player, very close to enter your national team. You have been working hard, 4-6 hours a day for the last 10 years, and suddenly, just before you join the camp, you are told that a young chinese guy has been given you home country citizenship, he's much stronger than you, sorry, bye bye. Result might be that you quit the sport by frustration. Same for the guys next to you, and so on. Yes, what is the meaning of hard working if never ever you have a chance to be offered a place.
The new rules are going in the right direction but they basically not solving the problem. What should ITTF do is skipping national federations. No more national team event. No more limitation regarding the number of players per country in the pro tours, european and world single championships. At first, we shall expect a wide domination of chineses players, but on a long term basis, any player comming from any country will have a chance provided he passes the cut. For that, hard training and skills aren't only "made in China". You can find them everywhere in the world.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2008 at 2:48am
Originally posted by goldfish goldfish wrote:

I heard that USATT tried to import Wang Hao many years ago ( unfortunately was refused by Wang Hao).
Look at what he missed out on. A chance to be just outside the top 100 in the world in a country where it would probably be difficult to make a living playing full time as their number 1. Not everyone wants to live in the US I suppose.
colinh810 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinh810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2008 at 8:41am
HMMM manluski do you mean like how germany imported chris kaman to play for them?
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer08/basketball/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=kamanfeature-080817

Your remarks may not seem racist to yourself, but many others have suggested that they are. Maybe you should reanalyze what you are saying, and even if you don't think they are racist maybe adjust them so that other forum members don't think they are too.

I agree with pongpong, jcdi, and hookshot. The people who practice and train harder should be able to play if they are better. The chinese players probably ARE helping develop table tennis in other countries. I do not understand why you think watching a good player vs a good player is boring. I would rather watch two good chinese players play against each other than a good chinese player dominate another player that's not on their skill level.
easyfiji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easyfiji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2008 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

The new rules should be sufficient.

How would banning all "imports" reduce the Chinese domination? It's the opposite.

As for Schlager, he's still ranked higher than Chen Weixing (16 vs. 31), and his  slightdrop has nothing to do with Chen's presence on the national team. On the contrary, having practiced much against Chen allowed him to beat Joo rather easily at the 2003 Worlds. In many countries, the ex-Chinese have helped raise the level. It's absurd to say that standards are falling.

Sorry, Schlager did not beat Joo 'rather easily' at the world championships in 2003. That match could have easily gone 7 games and Joo had plenty of chances to win.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2008 at 8:04pm
 usa buying wang hao?? was wang hao asking for food in the streets od sunset blvd?
bowebj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowebj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2008 at 8:54pm

topic is so ignorant

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2008 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by jcdi jcdi wrote:

My two cents :
I concur that, no matter where they come from, the best players should play. See in Tennis ? Appart the davis cup, which has become a minor event nowadays, the sport has nothing to do with nationalities. By the way, world n�1 comes from Majorca, n�2 from switzerland, n�3 Serbia. All unexpected places with very few players. If there must be 40 chineses amongst the top 50. Let it be. Nothing is here forever. Europe, not long ago has dominated TT, and what has been done once can surely be done twice.
Now, and where I understand Manluski point of view is that, including Chinese players in other national teem will not automatically raise these countries level. Let me be more specific. What do you think would happen if you are a young and talented player, very close to enter your national team. You have been working hard, 4-6 hours a day for the last 10 years, and suddenly, just before you join the camp, you are told that a young chinese guy has been given you home country citizenship, he's much stronger than you, sorry, bye bye. Result might be that you quit the sport by frustration. Same for the guys next to you, and so on. Yes, what is the meaning of hard working if never ever you have a chance to be offered a place.
The new rules are going in the right direction but they basically not solving the problem. What should ITTF do is skipping national federations. No more national team event. No more limitation regarding the number of players per country in the pro tours, european and world single championships. At first, we shall expect a wide domination of chineses players, but on a long term basis, any player comming from any country will have a chance provided he passes the cut. For that, hard training and skills aren't only "made in China". You can find them everywhere in the world.

Here is my take:

if we are looking at this from the point of view of raising the level of national TT, bringing up more young players etc. then we need to take into account many factors.

Let's say country X buys/"immigrates"/invites a few high-level chinese players - will it be a  positive thing for TT development in this country?

It's hard to answer this question yes/no, because there are many things affecting the result:

a) what is the age/experience of the new players

b) are they actually effectively forcing out the prospective youth from the national team?

c) are they showing good example to the youth, are they actively participating in training, coaching, helping etc.

d) is it a long-term policy of the national TT association or a one-time decision?

e) are they in this country for a long haul, or they will be moving on very soon

and so on. When all these factors and more are taken into account then we can give an informed answer.

Example 1: He Zhi Wen in Spain. He is there for a long long time, well liked, plays for local clubs, helps with training, speaks Spanish, very colorful character, still beats everybody within many many hundred miles etc. Overall impression: positive

Example 2: Gao Jun, David Zhuang in USA. Gao Jun talks about retiring back to China very soon, in the last years (I am not sure what was transpiring before that) both of them don't seem to do much in terms of training or coaching. Overall impression: not so positive. Wang Chen trains with many younger players, iis pretty enthusiastic about her New York club, seems devoted to do more on that front etc. Overall impression: positive.

I am sure that there are many other examples around the world.

So it's kinda hard to argue generally because this is a very case-by-case kind of question, and I think it needs to answered on a case-by-case basis each time. Therefore, there is no need for a general ban - not to mention it's very immoral and goes against basic human rights.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
manluski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manluski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2008 at 9:12pm

"topic is so ignorant"

is this all you contribution to this topic? what are your reasons? if you have nothing to add, just keep quite.

are we waiting for the field of tt players in international competition to be 70,90, or 100% chinese imports before we act, as the female field is almost 50% now.

or rather saying. long time ago, in my country it was fashionable for the rich men to have a chinese or korea chef in their mansions.

is this what international tt is about now. is this the spirit of the olympic games or world championship.
manluski
manluski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manluski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2008 at 9:39pm
hi JimT

i kind  of see the human side of your arguments. but look, if it was say 2 or 3% it may still be acceptable. but when the female field is now 50%, it becomes an abuse.

players like wen chen of usa do not really live or even play most of their games in the usa. so what is their contribution to tt development in usa. nata. just their own selfish and personal aims. which i don't know, but someone need to tell them that they are done in international competetion, and their is no future for them.

also, look at the chinese example, in 2003,when the chinese were shut out of the finals and schlager won the world championship. what did the chinese do. they started inviting schlager and the europeans in for all sorts of tournaments such as europe vs china, europe vs chinese jnrs. this way they studied schlager and had their jnrs have a go. so many young players like ma long, chen qui, lin chen, zhou, shuab, etc came along.

the good ones were notice and were included in their national  team and played in pro tours internationally.

when the chinese team was preparing for the olympics, they did not need to train in europe or anywhere, it was these young kids who are their toughest opposition. and they have at least 10 of them who can defeat any of of their 3 players any time of the day.

the only way our players can develop is to be exposed to international players and international competition. that is how david zhuang maintains his edge over these local players. in short he and the ustta have deprived our youths of their opportunity to develop. this is crimal and unjust.

look in tt if you want to improve you have to play against a superior opponent and you will figure out a way to defeat he or she, if you play against lower player you will not have the confidence that you are improving.
manluski
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2008 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Example 2: Gao Jun, David Zhuang in USA. Gao Jun talks about retiring back to China very soon, in the last years (I am not sure what was transpiring before that) both of them don't seem to do much in terms of training or coaching. Overall impression: not so positive.

These two are totally different - Gao Jun mostly lives in China these days (she was more present in the US during her marriage, which didn't last) and does very little coaching, but David Zhuang has been a full-time coach in New Jersey for many years now. He even attended the Junior Olympics this summer with his students (somewhere in Michigan), two weeks before the Olympics!

As for taking the spots of young Americans and depriving them from international competition, that's true for these Olympics but not for world championships and ProTours, where others can play (and have played) as well. But the lack of high-level experience for US juniors is a more complex issue which has to do with the financial and institutional structure of TT here (no pro league, not enough sponsorship, college more important than sports, etc.).
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2008 at 10:03pm
manluski, why do you think the new rules are insufficient? They actually go rather far, as no one over 21 will be allowed to switch countries at all. (That would eliminate future Wang Chens, Gao Juns, and David Zhuangs.) What age limit would you require if you were the ITTF?
manluski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manluski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2008 at 10:15pm
jim T

he zhi wen, gao jun, david zhuang. these players you mentioned should not be the face or be in any international competetion.

as the game is of now, which chinese top player is playing their traditional penhold style. might be in the female team. period.

in addition, these player should be coaches, they have nothing to offer international competition. don't you think the chinese know this.

i am sure the chinese coaches just laugh when you present these player.

manluski
manluski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manluski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2008 at 10:21pm
amateur,

the image has to be cleaned up right away. it is now an abuse. canada has so many imports in line. the best rule is as i mentioned players for international competition should be developed by the host country. period.

look, these chinese players have no education, the local player here has to at least pass a ged/ high school and play tt. so where is the fairness.

i am tired of seeing players like gao jun, he zhi when etc ex chinese national team in international competition. it is booring and ugly. we need new faces and fairness
manluski
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2008 at 10:30pm
You may be a little too concerned about the "image" and the "faces"... In sports, it's the quality of the play that counts. Even at age 39 and with her "old" technique Gao Jun can still beat young players like Hirano and Dodean. If you send third-rate players to international competitions and they can barely win a point against the world class, is that any good for the image of TT?
The national associations outside of China need to have stronger programs to develop their own players; in some cases ex-Chinese can help with that, as players and/or coaches.
manluski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manluski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2008 at 10:39pm
i agree with you. i don't mean faces or literily the way you are taking it. i want to see as many chinese americans or canadiens if they are developed my the host country's program. they can go and train in china for 1year or 10yrs if they like. these players will come back and bring in their techniques and experience that is what i mean.

for example, a kid in in high school or freshman in college. if he or she has international experience, think of his mates and friend that he interacts or play with. in the hundreds. that is what i am taking about.

these old players already have these international exposure  and have peaked. they should be coaches. they don't need or deserve this experience or need to deprive others who are still developing. period.
manluski
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2008 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Example 2: Gao Jun, David Zhuang in USA. Gao Jun talks about retiring back to China very soon, in the last years (I am not sure what was transpiring before that) both of them don't seem to do much in terms of training or coaching. Overall impression: not so positive.

These two are totally different - Gao Jun mostly lives in China these days (she was more present in the US during her marriage, which didn't last) and does very little coaching, but David Zhuang has been a full-time coach in New Jersey for many years now. He even attended the Junior Olympics this summer with his students (somewhere in Michigan), two weeks before the Olympics!

As for taking the spots of young Americans and depriving them from international competition, that's true for these Olympics but not for world championships and ProTours, where others can play (and have played) as well. But the lack of high-level experience for US juniors is a more complex issue which has to do with the financial and institutional structure of TT here (no pro league, not enough sponsorship, college more important than sports, etc.).

I didn't know David was doing that much coaching - and I apologize. At some point I heard he was more or less not very involved.

As for financial issues - that is a major thing, and my guess is, until that somehow changes we cannot expect a significant upgrade of status of TT in this country.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Beer Belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beer Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2008 at 1:28am
This thread has veered WAY off course here and I do suggest that the mods lock it.

The issues should have been about:

(1) Battered image of ITTF (rule changes etc)
(2) Chinese dominance of TT (it's an observation and is NOT an issue)
(3) Imports of better (read: chinese) players

They are mutually exclusive issues IMHO.

While (2) and (3) maybe related in so far as the common element is "Chinese", I resent the fact that China's dominance in TT is painted in a derogatory way or be perceived in that fashion. This applies to any country which exerts any sort of "dominance" in sports really. They've all accomplished these results with sheer toil and sweat and I don't see why their efforts are any less "fair dinkum".

Don't forget that, if you were to look at olympic results, certain sports have always been dominated by certain factions/countries - it doesn't mean that things will never change. See for example judo.

So...either lock this thread or get back on topic which is about the unpredictability of the ITTF in regards to how they perceive the future direction of TT. Clap

Welcome to the Dark Side

BTY Joo Se Hyuk | Tenergy64 2.1 | TSP P1-R 1mm

Chop til you drop baby!
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2008 at 2:15am
Sorry, but this thread wasn't about (1) at all; reread the original post. (The "new laws" mentioned there concern the new eligibility requirements for players switching associations, not the "rule changes etc.")

The main thrust of the discussion is about the "foreign corps" or "mercenaries" - Chinese-born players who dominate table tennis in other countries at the expense of "homegrown" players. I agree that there are too many derogatory comments here, but the issue is real; locking the thread won't make it go away.
Beer Belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beer Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2008 at 3:27am
Ahhh..."touche" in regards to (1). ITTF has got so many issues lately one is never sure which one's being brought up! :D

In regards to TT being a mercernary sport, I'll add my views:

(1) TT is not the only sport that's engaged in this activity. I suppose the "must win" mentality is very prevalent in many countries. Additionally, the perception of what is proper "representation" of  a country is quite skewed and there's the legal perspective (any citizen of the country can represent...) versus the perspective put forward by the original poster (only locally developed citizen can represent).

(2) I'm in agreement that for countries ex-China to survive in TT, local talent must be developed with proper level of support (funding etc). Going through short-cut by recruiting players, while beneficial in the short-term for the country and the imported players (demand and supply), is detrimental for the development of TT in that country in the long run. The temptation is real: I hazard a guess that it's cheaper to lure an excellent player to come to the country than for that country to develop an equally good player from the local pool from the ground up. If a country takes that approach well then it's coffin in the nail.

(3) I'm not sure how ITTF can deal with this effectively through the implementation of rules. Someone wise once said: "rules are meant to be broken". There'll be people looking for that elusive loophole. Having said that, any action is better than no action at this stage. I want my sport to be recognised as a legitimate activity worthy of olympic quality funding in Australia... :(
Welcome to the Dark Side

BTY Joo Se Hyuk | Tenergy64 2.1 | TSP P1-R 1mm

Chop til you drop baby!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic