Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ONLY closeup sideon-slight-angled or stacked pics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

ONLY closeup sideon-slight-angled or stacked pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ONLY closeup sideon-slight-angled or stacked pics
    Posted: 10/25/2008 at 1:54am
I want to help people who want to buy a new blade, with super quality pictures.
I wrote a message else where how I was frustrated with online stores and there total disregard for what a player needs to see when buying a new blade.  Many will show you a blurry low fi picture of the outer veneer with a colourful handle, but how many actually give you a close up detail shot of the blade? 
My proposal for this new topic is that you post only 1 high quality picture of the blade without rubber on it or blades stacked up from the same manufacturer is even better as I've seen else where, since in this way you can compare the thickness of the wood even better.  I'm currently trying to collate all the pictures i can find on this forum of the high end butterfly blades since most of them use the same wood types with different thicknesses.

Finally since my camera is out of order I really hope the guys I took these pictures from without asking will not mind.  These are not my pics but wanted to show you the kinds of pictures I'd like to see here.  This gergley picture is the absolute most useful pic Ive ever seen posted. thanks to rokphish = this blade looks like a power munger!
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Sponsored Links

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2008 at 2:08am
The gergely picture is the best since the photo actually shows the name as well.  The picture below is good but doesn't show the name.  I'm guessing the timo boll spirit = which is alc?  now that there is more than one picture you can very easily see and imagine the speed and feeling difference between the gergely's thick hinoki and boll's thin arylate mixed blade.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2008 at 2:18am
simarly this picture of the keyshot is useful in that it shows the inner mix but again isnt as good as the gergley in that it doesnt show the top veneer quality, it is also difficult to gage how thick the blade is since there is nothing else in the picture. What is that red stuff inside?
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2008 at 2:56am
I could be wrong, but I think that's a Keyshot Light.
CEO, Single Ply Hinoki Club
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
and other fine 1-ply Kiso Hinoki blades
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2008 at 3:07am

The "keyshot light", above detail shot, now becomes easier to understand since I'm grouping all the pictures with the same logo, the manufacturers logo could become a gage.  You can see that this cypress thickness is twice the thickness of the keyshot for example.  SUPER CHUNKY!!!!!!!!

This is an awesome photo thanks to Pingping.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2008 at 3:28am
This another PERFECT picture thanks to dalmchops.  No explanation necessary:
I think this a peter korbel
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2008 at 3:31am
By the way, you can find many close-up shots like these and more from champion.co.kr webstore.

CEO, Single Ply Hinoki Club
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
and other fine 1-ply Kiso Hinoki blades
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2008 at 3:39am
I'm happy someone has posted other than me, thank you, but I think they are not close enough and not side on enough.  they look exactly like a website shop picture which I am trying to say doesn't give the detail we tt players need. 
Honestly maybe i need glasses but I can't see any differences in those 3 xiom blades except that one says 5 ply, because they are not close enough. I'd like to see in the picture the different thicknesses of the wood in the 7 plies for example.

At this point it feels like it is just me. 

I'm hoping someone will say yes BOZ what you are trying to do here has value..
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2008 at 3:47am
this is what I mean by stacking and the value in that: you can see the amultart, photino & ishlion have differing thickness of the hinoki out veneer and compostion of carbon / zylon mixed or both etc...  this photo was the most helpful for me when I was trying to find which of these to buy and how to compare them to blades I had tried before.  Thanks wingman this pic is awesome!
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2008 at 4:15am
1 ply blades of course should be an exception to this post, they are totally welcome to show the differences in wood grain face on since this is what you are looking for.  Once again wingman produces the best compostion of picture, totally artistic man and not just that you don't need to type the manufacturer's name that's responsible for sourcing this super high quality hinoki.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2008 at 4:31am
back to butterfly... ole77 thanks
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Liquid Sky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquid Sky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2008 at 4:31am
There is a wonderfull webshop that has great pictures. It also has the dimensions of the blades listed.

http://www.tak9.com/
mastergoat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mastergoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2008 at 4:41am
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

simarly this picture which again im guessing is the timo boll spark? is useful in that it shows the inner mix but again isnt as good as the gergley in that it doesnt show the top veneer quality, it is also difficult to gage how thick the blade is since there is nothing else in the picture.
this is keyshot light not timo spark
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2008 at 4:41am

thanks liquid skyClap, thats the first site ive seen with good pictures of some blades.  That's the kind of useful stuff I want to see here.

Unfortunately it is all in korean and I can only navigate past the first few pictures they have on the home page.  I tried doing a search for example for a sardius and photino and the result was very limited.

So If there are any Koreans looking for a blade, I recommend this site from what I could see from the first page thumbnails.

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2008 at 4:57am
thanks silvalis for this pic of a maze
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2008 at 5:08am
thanks lanatir, this is the tightest weave ive ever seen for hinoki..
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2008 at 5:22am
thanks chornlyi for this kong linghui special = this is one blade I'd like to add to my collection.  It looks better than the maze.  I've tried the maze briefly and wasn't impressed.  I think this kong has thicker wood on the outside which in my mind is better. 
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Liquid Sky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquid Sky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2008 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

thanks liquid skyClap, thats the first site ive seen with good pictures of blades.  That's the kind of useful stuff I want to see here.

Unfortunately it is all in korean and I can't navigate past the first picture.
So If there are any Koreans looking for a blade, I recommend this site from what I could see from the first page.

You can navigate to blades that you want to see by using the search field on the upper left side.
Just type "Korbel","Boll", ... and hit the enter button.
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2008 at 1:23pm
Btw.. That "Timo Boll ALC" is a Timo Boll Spirit..
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2008 at 3:42pm
@bozbrisvegas
u got 2 understand NOT ALL t/t forum members have/can afford good quality digi. camera to produce hi-def. pictures to be posted like u've seen....Just my 2 cents.
I can't read Korean but I dun 've any problem navigating to what I wanna see @ www.tak9.com at all.
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2008 at 5:29pm
MY GERGELY LOOKS SO GOOD!
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2008 at 7:47pm
isn't the timo spirit arylate carbon? = alc

I don't have a good detailed camera either but I think it is pointless for people to post blurry images on this thread.  Basically I went through 12 pages of "pictures of my blade" and made a compilation here of the best ones trying to focus on one manufacturer.  By no means should this just be butterfly. 
I was thinking if you don't have a camera how about stacking all your blades side onto a scanner?  If you have one.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2008 at 7:52pm

skyline are you rokphish? did you sell it or did i make a mistake in referencing?

I do agree though the gergley has it all, thick hinoki, thick carbon, easy to see quality, pure simple design.  Bit heavy for me to constantly loop with, but great stability for driving power.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
MaLong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaLong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2008 at 1:45am
Here are my contributions. They are the blades that I currently own.

Top to bottom: Bty Chiang Peng Lung, Bty Petr Korbel, Bty Gergely21, Bty Viscaria, Bty Iolite, Stiga Super Carbon.

Closer pics:

-

-

-
I can do pics of sides if anyone is interested in any blade in particular.
Blade: Butterfly Schlager Light Fl
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 64
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 64

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2008 at 10:28pm
you've made me real happy with these great pics, my favorite is the gergely 21 because of the thickness of outer veneer.  I've never tried viscaria or Iolite although I've thought about them, they look totally identical blades with differing inner ply thickness.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
MaLong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaLong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2008 at 12:00am
Actually, Viscaria and Iolite are not that similar. The outer ply of Viscaria is Koto, while the outer ply of Iolite is Hinoki. As such, the feel and bounce is quite different.
Blade: Butterfly Schlager Light Fl
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 64
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 64

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2008 at 2:56am
thanks to pablogilberto
heres a super clear timo spirit
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2008 at 3:11am
boz, you could go to my photo albums and see the blades i have posted there... maybe some could be helpful...
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2008 at 3:21am
rok, could you give me the exact link here?
i searched u n there are load of places you've been
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2008 at 3:45am
it's on the picture you posted earlier and every pictures that  i posted...

here it is: http://www.picturetrail.com/rokphish
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic