Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tenergy 05 vs 25 vs 64

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
bmw328i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmw328i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2009 at 4:43pm

Ok, well Dandoy only carried the t64 in 1.7 would be nice to have at least a 1.9.. where can i get a 1.9 or 2.1 a good price like Dandoy?

I dont know what my playing level is but I have played this sport for about 10+ years. So I know what I am doing and can easily adapt to a new blade.

I am somewhat of an all around player, but have recently changed my playing style and leaning more towards the aggressive type of player. I like to play about mid range to close to table. I do not have a really good blade right now. It is just some cheap one that I've been playing with from butterfly.

Now I'm looking into buying a blade that better suites me. Also I am interested in the Tenergy, eventhough I have never used any of the Tenergy rubbers.

Thanks
Sponsored Links

Master_of_loops View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2009 at 4:57pm
I would add this from my personal Tenergy experience: T05 works great with medium/ soft blades while T64 works great with hard (stiff) blades. T05 and T64 are slightly same rubbers (same characteristic) with only difference 'different working with blade hardness'.
bmw328i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmw328i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2009 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Master_of_loops Master_of_loops wrote:

I would add this from my personal Tenergy experience: T05 works great with medium/ soft blades while T64 works great with hard (stiff) blades. T05 and T64 are slightly same rubbers (same characteristic) with only difference 'different working with blade hardness'.

so would you recommend mixing the two rubbers on a blade or match BH and FH with same rubber?
big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2009 at 5:25pm
i just found that u can get t64 2.1 from teessport.com
Master_of_loops View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2009 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by bmw328i bmw328i wrote:

so would you recommend mixing the two rubbers on a blade or match BH and FH with same rubber?

My opinion: match BH and FH with same rubber.
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2009 at 8:24pm

A mix of incoming spin always makes it harder for your opponent in quick no time to think rallies

2 different rubbers is always more effective.  You just need time to adjust to getting the right stroke on both sides.  But I would have the heavier rubber on forehand so as to give the blade a slight tilt to your stronger side

Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
bmw328i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmw328i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2009 at 10:36pm
how does a BaslaCarbo x5 sound with a T05 1.9mm (FH) and a T64 1.9mm(BH)

I kinda like the idea of mixing the two.

NoFootwork View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoFootwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 9:31am
Originally posted by bmw328i bmw328i wrote:

I love playing with the Tenergy 05 2.1mm on my FH on a Michael Maze blade.  I can pretty much do anything I want with this combo on my FH such as fast loop kill, slower spinny loops, reloop, block, push, get good spin on serves.  Still working on FH flipping short underspin serves to my FH, but that's more of a stroke shortcoming, not an issue with Tenergy 05. 

On the other hand, I cannot control the same rubber the same way on my BH when I twiddle the racket.  I find it too fast.  Its OK for a couple of shots, but could not play with it 100% of time on BH.  I play long pips on BH. 

Others on this forum have posted that T64 with its softer feel is more of a BH rubber.  I haven't played with T64, but this sounds right.
bmw328i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmw328i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 11:30am

Thanks guys for all your advice. You have all been a lot of help in my decision making. I have one last question, almost a repeat question.

Does anybody have any objections towards the BalsaCarbo X5? Is this a good blade?

The reason why I like it is because i like the color of the blade... I know it is probably a dumb reason to favor the blade for its color,but I like dark handles. I would like one that has good reviews, looks stylish, and cost efficient.

I wanna place an order today so it can be processed first thing Monday morning :D
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 12:59pm
BCX5 paired with T05 1.9 (or T64 1.9) sounds like a great combo.

I used BCX5 for 1.5 years and I liked it a lot. Its soft feel and carbon layers create loops that will fall out of the sky with topspin. Paired with Tenergy you will have fearsome loops.

The handle is sealed by the manufacturer and its very comfortable. It won't have the feeling of slipping out.

The core layer of Balsa is obviously fragile, but its ok if you are careful and use edge tape. (If you are hard on your equipment, then you might find BCX5 too fragile.)

bmw328i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmw328i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 1:26pm
Ok, I have a question that maybe one of you guys can answer since i have seen that a few people purchase from dandoy-sports.  The T64 shows only an option for a 1.7mm sponge but the picture shows it as a 1.9

Possibly a typo? has anybody bought the t64 from dandoy-sports before?
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 4:01pm
mate i ordered 2.1 5 months ago and they sent me 1.9.  I am still waiting for this to be resolved!

Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
bmw328i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmw328i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 4:09pm

that sucks... was it a t64? by any chance? :D

ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 5:03pm
I got 4 pcs of Tenergy 64 and all in 2.1 mm thickness within 15 days from the day I place the order.  So far, my friends and I did not have any problem ordering from Dandoy.  Knock on wood...Big%20smile
bmw328i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmw328i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2009 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by ThaiLe ThaiLe wrote:

I got 4 pcs of Tenergy 64 and all in 2.1 mm thickness within 15 days from the day I place the order.  So far, my friends and I did not have any problem ordering from Dandoy.  Knock on wood...Big%20smile

How come I can only see an option for 1.7 Cry
sweetstrike View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2011 at 5:38am
Just found a great article comparing the different tenergy types. Can't post as a link due to the quotation marks in the address.

http://web.me.com/igsstern/tabletennis/Rubber_DB/Entries/2010/9/15_The_difference_between_"05_type"_and_"64_type".html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic