FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tenergy 64 Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2008 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by TBS9x TBS9x wrote:

I thought T64 is softer so it's spinnier and slower than T05 ^_^! I think I'm wrong here now :)) ! But normally, the harder sponge the faster speed.Wait, but did you guys said that the different is in the topsheet :-s !
It's not accurate to say that a softer sponge gives more spiny or less speed.  It is easier to produce spin and speed with a soft sponge if you have slow arm speed or poor technique.  However, if you have fast arm speed and good technique, then a soft sponge will "top out".  With a hard sponge, you can produce more spin (for the same speed ball), provided you have fast arm speed and good technique.

Here is an analogy: take two bicycles, one with a large gears in the back (so "lower gears") and one with smaller gears in the back ("high gears").  An amateur with weak legs would have a hard time riding a bike with all high gears and would say he can't get much speed.  Put the amatuer on the bike with big/slow gears, and he finds it easier to turn the wheels, hence he goes faster.  Now give the two bikes to a pro with really strong legs.  On the bike with big/slow gears, the pro would find himself topping out to easily.  Instead, the pro would prefer the bike with the small/fast gears (and this is what happens in real life) because he has the strength to push the bike faster.

Most professional TT players prefer medium to hard sponge, especially on their forehands.  If and when they use a softer sponge, it's on the backhand for control.  There are exceptions, of course, but the higher you go in the rankings, the more rare are soft sponges.

As for the Tenergy series, I've only used T05.  However, the other posts on mytt seem to say that it's the same sponge for T25 and T64, with a change in the pip design.  If that's the case, then the weight should be about the same and you probably are not going to see a huge change in the speed/spin factors.  I think T25 is only listed as .25 or .5 faster and .25 or .5 less spiny than T05.  I'm not sure about T64.

My guess is that these differences will be so small that your preference will really come down to which one "feels" right.
Sponsored Links

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2008 at 6:18pm
Which tenergy would work better with a HK? I haven't bothered trying 05 because everyone who has tried it says its not a good idea.. and tenergy is too expensive to just try out. so.. any thoughts? is 64 gonna be a good idea if it is softer feeling from the pip structure?
Piingpoong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piingpoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2008 at 12:18am
http://files.filefront.com/Table+Tennis+Rubbers2pdf/;12784643;/fileinfo.html
FREE - best quality from "Topic: Rubbers of New Generation"

Download then find some info T64 - The fastest TENERGY lining of the family

Nittaku ACOUSTIC
FH: TG3
BH: Hexer
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2008 at 12:45am
that's good one ben; thanks for sharing.
MildSeven View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MildSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2008 at 1:16am
Originally posted by graeztch graeztch wrote:

All,

Here's some information regarding the weight. It's as heavy as T05.

Hope this will help.

Rgds graeztch

Does the sponge seem softer or the same hardness as other Tenergy?
graeztch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graeztch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2008 at 1:34am
Originally posted by MildSeven MildSeven wrote:

Originally posted by graeztch graeztch wrote:

All,

Here's some information regarding the weight. It's as heavy as T05.

Hope this will help.

Rgds graeztch

Does the sponge seem softer or the same hardness as other Tenergy?

Sorry, not sure about that because we didn't get the chance to try it but the sponge is definitely the same as T05/T25.

Btw, here's the description (which we think might help) taken from the back cover of T64:-

TENERGY 05 is designed for playing with heavy spins; TENERGY 25 is recommended for playing close to the table; TENERGY 64 is for attacker who plays for the offensive play in a middle distance.

Rgds graeztch
MildSeven View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MildSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2008 at 2:49am
So I guess T64 is merely another re-pipping of Tenergy. Thats too bad because I am far less enthusiastic about it now.
Master_of_loops View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2009 at 4:56pm
How could T64 could be better for mid distance then T05, with its (T64) lower arc? Doesnt rubber with high arc is better for mid distance loops then rubber with low arc?
MildSeven View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MildSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2009 at 5:07pm
T64 should have a higher throw than T05 due to its smaller pips and therefore more flexible topsheet which holds the ball longer.
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2009 at 5:13pm
totally agree with master of loops, i was just about to write the same thing.

This I learnt from the differences between bryce and bryce fx.

Supposedly, because bryce is harder a lower arc, you better take the ball earlier.

bryce fx is softer with a higher arc, so if you are back from the table and the ball has dropped lower you can still rip it over the net.

This theory is true BUT.  Without speed glue bryce speed fx too slow from a distance to be dangerous and to hit into the Bryce speed at the table your chances of counter looping it onto the table are very low.  The only time i am happy to have bryce is away from the table power, the only time i am happy to FX is at the table. 

So I think this is a complex theory
 I imagine the way a softer topsheet would work is basically become less important.  The ball will rip forward more due to using the sponge, where as the 05 thicker pips emphasises the topsheet more which is grippy

all I know is I just bought 10 sheets of 64.

Reason:

1. it is lighter
2. feels softer

I really dont think its gona have much less spin, this all depends on technique,

Many people are saying less grip, but have they tried a new sheet? or some hand me down?

for me the weight of 05 on both sides disrupts the balance which is the most important part of the right setup.
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2009 at 5:17pm

T64 should have a higher throw than T05 due to its smaller pips and therefore more flexible topsheet which holds the ball longer.

Nope, it's got a lower throw, not a whole lot lower, but a little lower. Ive used it personally.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
MildSeven View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MildSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2009 at 5:20pm
Thats inconsistent with everything T64 is supposed to be. It is marketed for the mid distance player and is pretty much the opposite of T25 in pips design. T25 is most definately a lower throw than T05. The only difference is the larger pips. You are saying that smaller pips will also result in lower throw? Did you actually 'use' it before or did you only have a hit? Impressions can be misleading if all you had was some hits. If you actually have a sheet and are using it then please let us know why you think T64 acts the way it does. The sponge and topsheet material seem unchanged from what I have heard.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2009 at 6:12pm
He is wanting to say that T64 doesnt have low throw angle, it has high throw angle, but little lower then T05.

So here is the comparation chart for throw angle of Tenergy series:

T05 (high throw) > T64 (high - medium throw) > T25 (medium - low throw)
MildSeven View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MildSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2009 at 6:20pm
And what I am wanting to say that is if the only difference between T25, T05, and T64 are the pip size, from 25(large) - 05(medium) - 64(small), and T25 clearly has the lowest throw, how can T64 possibly have a lower throw than 05?

People have also said that the topsheet of T64 feels softer, which implies a longer dwell time for T64 than the other two. All I am asking him is why, because he has used it and I have not. Hopefully he can share some observations and maybe bring some new info into the light, because all I know for now is that the sponge and topsheet material are the same, and pip size ranging from large in T25 to small in T64.

Anyway, I hope T64 does indeed have a higher throw to match up with lower dwell time fast blades.
metalone View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2009 at 6:23pm

The height of the pip structure also has an effect on the spin/throw, and no one has discussed the differences in height.

Gave up listing, too many changes.
Blade - Yes
BH - Rubber Red
FH - Rubber Black
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2009 at 6:27pm

Anyway, I hope T64 does indeed have a higher throw to match up with lower dwell time fast blades.

Probably, because Mizutani Jun plays with Jun Mizutani ZL carbon + Tenergy 64 on both sides.
lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2009 at 6:39pm
It's DEFINITELY got a lower throw. It's now "low" by any means, but it's lower than 05. I used it for long enough to know this for a fact. It feels softer as well. I could have sworn it had a softer sponge, but perhaps it was just the topsheet. I have a hard time believing that the pip structure alone gives it a softer feel, cuz it's certainly softer.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2009 at 6:59pm
if the pips are thinner, theyll bend more easily which means it will hit the blade more which means it will feel softer.

Which probably means the type of blade you use will be more important to throw angle and or dwell/speed.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2009 at 11:34pm
Well if the pips are smaller and it still has a lower throw angle then the sponge must be harder or the topsheet is a little more grippy
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2009 at 4:29am
mmmmmmmmmmmm isn't it amazing how much we can guestimate! lol

funny, we were doing this before 05 came out, now we've tasted it's absolute majesty and crave more like drunken vampires...
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Piingpoong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piingpoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2009 at 4:52am
T05: Spd 13.5 - Spn 11.5 - Hrd: 36 - Pr: 48 USD (?)
T25: Spd 13.25 - Spn 11.0 - Hrd: 36 - Pr: ?
T64: Spd 13.5 - Spn 10.5 - Hrd: 36 - Pr: ?
Nittaku ACOUSTIC
FH: TG3
BH: Hexer
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2009 at 5:03am
Originally posted by lildudejds lildudejds wrote:

It's DEFINITELY got a lower throw. It's now "low" by any means, but it's lower than 05. I used it for long enough to know this for a fact. It feels softer as well. I could have sworn it had a softer sponge, but perhaps it was just the topsheet. I have a hard time believing that the pip structure alone gives it a softer feel, cuz it's certainly softer.

Same experience here.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2009 at 5:14am
i just hope you guys are right coz thats what im looking for, do you agree that its lighter too?

2 days to go... till supposed release
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
MildSeven View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MildSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2009 at 5:10pm
Its not lighter. Graeztch weighed it and it is the same as other Tenergy.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2009 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by metalone metalone wrote:

The height of the pip structure also has an effect on the spin/throw, and no one has discussed the differences in height.

hardness of the sponge also modify the throw
jossix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jossix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2009 at 4:25pm
just ordered my t64 from dandoy-hope it arrives.I am so eager to try it
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2009 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by jossix jossix wrote:

I hope for you it does.
jossix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jossix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2009 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

Originally posted by jossix jossix wrote:

I hope for you it does.

yeh-my last order went like a dream-the goods arrived in 7 days-to Canada-quicker than if i ordered from USA.
i can only hope for the same with this  new order.
metalone View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2009 at 12:49am

My order from Scholer Micke was pushed out to the 9th!  If I receive another move out, then I will cancel the order and go with someone else.  The original date was the 6th.

Gave up listing, too many changes.
Blade - Yes
BH - Rubber Red
FH - Rubber Black
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2009 at 12:51am
im with you metalone
lets see who gets it first!

Isn't that illegal to say that you have slashed prices by 15% when you havent sold them at the higher price before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dandoy is selling 64 at 15 % less than it did supposedly before, when it just been released.  Not only that, if its 15% off you can't get any further discount on this item by buying more.

Finally, I still have not received my two tenergy 05 2.1 red rubber after about 3 months.  He said he would and then just ignored me again.

I don't trust him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Angry
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic