Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tenergy 64 is overrated and overpriced (1day test)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tenergy 64 is overrated and overpriced (1day test)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2009 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by ffx-me ffx-me wrote:

alright I'll change the title and I like the comment about globe 999 being high throw, maybe thats it

Tenergy 05 has a really high throw. For topspin/looping its got probably the best spin for a non speed glued rubber. Although the tacky rubbers have better spin for pushing, serves, short game, etc.

You will freak out when you try looping with Tenergy 05 for the first time. and you will go back and erase every bad thing you ever posted about it.

Wink
Sponsored Links

ffx-me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ffx-me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2009 at 6:24pm
lol, well I never commented on 05 only 64
-Primorac 2000, 802 + globe 999 quattro
-Korbel, Cream MRS + 802-40
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2009 at 6:29pm

So, the chinese were also affected

So that proves that the transition for him was easy. Give it up ffx me, so many pros love tenergy, you probably only look to find fault with it. Better yet post a vid of yourself using it.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2009 at 7:11pm
I didn't try 25, but 05 and 64 are the best new-tech rubbers out there. Each does what it's meant to do, nearly just as Butterfly describes them. They don't have durability issues, even T64 has better spin than Tensors. Both have very nice grippy topsheets. However I think they should be used by well trained players (unlike me). If not, facing control problems is very likely.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
tomas.gt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomas.gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2009 at 7:36pm
well ffx-me, you could tell your thoughts in much better way.

However Tenergy series rubber is more like a beast than rubber for average players. I found T05 better for those who are used to chinese rubbers. But not suitable for average player. I think playable != suitable and this is the problem. People don't get it. Tenergy is not like srivers, which were perfect for almost every "mortal". You need to be really skilled to use everything inside the tenergy.
THis is true for both T05 and T64. While T05 is more controlable and easy to spin with (for us), T64 offers mainly speed but this does not mean that there is little spin in it. It looks more spinny than every other "so-called-new/tensor" rubber. But this time with T64 it is much harder to spin the ball up. It requires something like a perfection from the player. I think that very good player would realize that T05 is only marginally spinnier than T64.

one more thing: globe 999(T) on quattro sponge - what the ***. This is nice story but is it possible for Cole to provide this combination in large? I mean - it is not official product line. So it means nothing. Sad but true.
Kokutaku Bishu no.1 ST - H3N red , BTfly Spinart 2.1 black
danhs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danhs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2009 at 9:54pm

Again tenergy is a manifestation of people who are blinded and only want to play with butterfly since they say butterfly is the best.  So they don't shop around in the market to try tensors or rubbers from other companies and just "choose butterfly"

05 is a unique rubber, 64 is like any other medium-soft, fast and spinny rubber.  it feels spinnier than it really is also.
danhs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danhs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2009 at 10:02pm

I don't have anything against Boll but prety much only butterfly players use tenergy, its the best by butterfly and its obvious Boll's game went down after the ban.  I'm just saying that I wasn't impressed, I found it had much less spin than my current rubber and not than much more speed.  Sure its good stuff and if it was free I might consider it but for over 3x the price screw that, its barely an improvement.

And Boll apparently uses the 05, I only tryed the 64, apparantly 05 has better spin...
  Of course only Butterfly players are using it, do you think players sponsored by Donic, Stiga, etc. would? Since you play with chinese rubber you would be much more impressed with 05- I was(and so were a bunch of 2000+ rated players I know who previously used glued H3).   
danhs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danhs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2009 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by nicefrog nicefrog wrote:

Although I haven't tried Tenergy (because I don't think it will be any better than what I have) . But I think it's worth a mention that Globe 999 is about the highest throw rubber you can get and I read that Tenergy is very low throw. 

Tenergy, especially 05 but also 64, is most definitely not " very low throw".   05 is high compared to anything but tacky rubbers and 64 is medium.  25 is supposed to be the lowest but I haven't tried it.
danhs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danhs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2009 at 10:15pm

lol, well I never commented on 05 only 64
True, and I agree 64 is overrated.   On a side note, I apologize for making a string of consecutive posts, I check this forum every few days and respond to everything at once, I'm not trying to drive a point home or anything.Wink
Brian Pace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Pace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2009 at 10:21pm
Now that I'm no longer working for Butterfly and started my own company I can give my personal opinion since I'm just like you guys now.

Tenergy 05 is not hype, I tried it last year and both reviews were real. I got Tenergy 25 last year as a parting gift from one of the workers at Butterfly, and I only put it on my racket as a spare for the Baltimore Teams.

I was thinking that I would use Tenergy 25 for the Nationals, NOT! The pips are way too big (Think goose bumps on a turkey).   What made it even worst was the pips were so spread out that too much of my power was lost at the point of contact. I said on my youtube account that I think Tenergy 25 is for choopers and I'm sticking to that

I didnt' find Tenergy 64 to be much different than 05 even though they say that some of the characteristics are better.

I have started beta testing equipment from other companies, and I'm going to sit in the middle and give my person and professional opinion. Check www.dynamictabletennis.com, to hear unbiased opinions from top players and coaches about equipment.

I was locked into only giving my professional opinion when I was a worker for Butterfly, but now I can give you my personal opinion

Trust me, I've got something to say. Oh yeah, Butterfly equipment is way, way, WAY overpriced.

Take Care Pongers.

Pacer
danhs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danhs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2009 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by tomas.gt tomas.gt wrote:

one more thing: globe 999(T) on quattro sponge - what the ***. This is nice story but is it possible for Cole to provide this combination in large? I mean - it is not official product line. So it means nothing. Sad but true.
   This an issue for me also, the combination sounds good but I worry about future availability or what would happen if I damaged a sheet and needed a replacement immediately.
lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2009 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Brian Pace Brian Pace wrote:

Oh yeah, Butterfly equipment is way, way, WAY overpriced.

Take Care Pongers.

Pacer

Coming from you Brian, I love hearing that. You know it's true when the employees(ex-employee in your case) realize how ridiculous some of their prices are.

But honestly, tenergy now is getting to be more affordable. At first it was ridiculous at like 60-65 a sheet. But anymore it is about the same as all of the other new generation rubbers out their. You honestly can't blame the companies, I mean, that is business. They know we need the rubber, they know we will buy them, so why not make a killing?
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
Brian Pace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Pace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2009 at 11:59pm
I will give you another inside tip. No company sponsors a truck load of players without making money hand over foot. That is the reason that my company exist. Working for NATT and Butterfly (Twice) confirmed my suspicions the load and load of money is being made off the name and and results of the players we respect and admire.

Even though the company seems like the evil once, it's just the way the market works. If we didn't buy the equipment they would be forced to drop the price.

Saying, that I drove 45 miles to the Butterfly in my hometown to buy Tenergy like a regular customer. So even though I'm not with them anymore and they now view me as competition because of my training videos, I still need quality spring sponge rubber. So, I can say I'm not helping.

The question is, let's see if they carry any of the videos in the "DTT Series"    

Pacer
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2009 at 12:13am
cheaper in japan is one thing.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
vivan4tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivan4tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2009 at 7:23am
Most of pros, here in France, (there is 2 pro division in France, Pro A and Pro B) don't play with Tenergy. Players of table tennis clubs that are sponsorised by butterfly are playing with butterfly stuffs....not systematicaly Tenergy, far from it (Bryce Speed more popular from what i have seen).

Most of pros are using hard tensor rubbers (Express one, sinus, Roxon, Platin) with a fast carbon blade here in France.
Mizutani sZLC / T05fx / T05fx
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2009 at 9:33am
thats the real bryan pace! cool dood. You are a funny guy and if this aint no hoax as I dont think it is its great to finally see your here saying it like it is. 

Now, I just won 1 match tonight against guy that really p*&^% off usually.  I havent beaten him for some time.  Tonight was the first time I had the 64 against him.  He didnt say anything at the end about what I use, thats irrelevant.  What he did say was what beat him was the variety of the my backhand that I usually dont have.  This is the point that I beat 2 other much higher than me ranked players recently on in my own opinion.  The fact that the topsheet just doesnt seem to grip the ball as much offers much more variety.   I opened some heavy, flicked a lot, hit a few looped hard, looped high, looped side spin.

The 64 has a satisfying hit the blade feel that 05 doesnt have.

Having said all this as many have said horses for courses (is that the right saying?) 

After owning 10 t64 I opened 2 for me and have one backup I might sell since people are begging me for it.

I still find it a bit boucy, but have found everything takes time and grows on you.  I have gone backwards and forwards with 2 05s then 2 64s then 1 64 and 1 05 for some time now and usually I come back to the same point that the 64 gives you that extra oomf on your backhand if you are a good player.  If your not it that oomf will oomf you.

I'm still not sold on it as anything that amazing.  I'll use them till they are dead and then possibly go something cheap on the backhand.

currently Im thinking dipper II of all rubbers!  I bought this one a long time ago about 5 years on my brothers blade and everytime i play with it it just feels perfectly controllable (no crazy bouncy fling, with the exact right throw... am I crazy?
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2009 at 10:55am
side thought,

a 1 day test is crazy.  I agree you can say yes this is what I can change to easily or not with some equipment but some you need to give a real good long time to get used to. 
The first rubber I felt that with was bryce.  Its a rubber I knew I would really have to have patience with.  It takes so much hard work but I was adamant I could master it to my level of ability.  I felt I got pretty dam good with it on my backhand, but ultimately found the higher I went up the divisions the harder it was for me to use it to win.  I needed a rubber I can trust to do what I want when I want it and bryce asked for patience I don't have. 

Patience also gives time to the other player to get in first. 
t64 feels similar to bryce for me in a glueless world.  It is a bit too bouncy but if you give it time it has more catapult than 05 with a better ratio to spin than bryce speed  so that is its market. 

Tenergy 64 is bryce speed with a bit more spin to get that speed onto the table more often.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Recanter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Recanter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2009 at 11:16am
+1
Timo Boll ALC ST

FH: BTY Tenergy 64 2.1
BH: BTY EJ Max
vivan4tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivan4tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2009 at 11:16am
Bryce Speed is less bouncy. As a backhand rubber it is great. I find Bryce Speed a bit better in passive game (serve return, blocks, push, short game), T64 better in active play.
Mizutani sZLC / T05fx / T05fx
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2009 at 11:24am
I have been trying T64 on the FH for more than a month now and I have been struggling, thinking about going for Boost TC to get forgiven more on some mistakes.
Some days I play VERY good with it and I want to keep it. Some days really bad and I want to get rid of it.
The truth is it's so powerful it needs good form and strong follow through and when I can position myself it becomes the best weapon.
It's not a rubber for half through strokes. One need to go all the way to perform, unlike a rubber with softer sponge.
So this rubber forces me to play the way I want to play and so I like it.
But as soon as I get lazy a little bit the punishment comes under the form of ugly balls that the opponent kills when I did not miss in the 1st place.
That's it! get to work baby! move your behind to position and go strong on all your followed through strokes. That's what I tell myself to play right with Tenergy (64 on my case) rubbers on the FH.
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2009 at 6:10pm
i tried 64 for a brief moment on my TBS and Mizutani...felt really soft. but didn't have the spin i wanted. i could loop mid distance pretty well, hand the penetration power but don't know about the spin. tried it on the bh and it was too fast for me. i felt like i couldn't contact well enough to get the spin i needed. so i stick with my T05 now.
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2009 at 6:55am
speed is not such a simplistic thing as putting a rubber on it and it being fast.

Some rubber is called fast because you are meant to loop forward into it and thats where its speed is seen.

64s throw angle is positioned at a point that you are meant to drive it much more than 05, so the speed comes from hitting your blade. 

Every rubber has its optimum point

64 about a drive into the blade
05 pure loop

a drive into the wood will always be faster and less spinny

To produce speed in the backhand most player will agree it takes more drive to get that power or even pure punch...

I never flat hit with my forehand (well almost) but my backhand I do it quite often to control the game and get it past the player.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Salamandr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salamandr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2009 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

Every rubber has its optimum point

64 about a drive into the blade
05 pure loop

Thats what Petr Korbel said about T64 when he was trying it. He couldn�t play over the ball to have maximum spin and control. Thats why he likes 05 more. Maybe thanks to the angle and bigger catapult is T64 more suitable from bigger distance.
Yasaka Extra 3D
T05 1.9
Baracuda 1.8
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2009 at 5:53pm
FFX, I tried out a friend's racket with 05 and 64 on a Nittaku OFF blade.

I felt like 64 was crap on my FH, but wonderful on BH.

I felt 05 was taylor made for my FH - Insane spin and power when I need it on fast looping.

I am like you in that I use 999 on a Quattro sponge and get all the spin I want, plus control, AND it does every shot I do on Fh very well. My blade is a TBS.

If I had the $$$, I would be a Tenergy 05 pimp, but I agree with you that over $50 USD is WAY too much for 05.

Also, I wouldn't accept to be PAID $50 USD to play with T64 on FH! Now on the BH, a different matter.

I play close to the table and open with heavy spin or fast loop if the ball is right. I play way too inconsistant with T64. I play great with T05 on FH, but not so much greater than I do using slower 999 on FH to justify the $$$. Globe 999 last me anywhere from 3 months in a real dusty environment to 6 months in a decent one. 999 never gets brittle and stays 1/2 tacky even if I take care of it crappy. I can literally wipe it off and toss it in the case and use a cleaner once every few weeks and 999 lasts and keeps its properties.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2009 at 6:15pm

... idk i have t64 on bh and i love it and im a begginer/intermediate player.. i also have t05 on fh which im not used ot yet.. but t64 is perfect for bh...

i have primorac off- but in cpen and i love the t64 on the bh .. i rpb alot and blocking and hitting with t64 is easy and very forgiving... the fh is another story.... it will take alot of time to adjust to since im also a beginner/intermediate player.. its hard to hit with it lacks a bit in short game.. serves are okay.. idk about fh but i think t64 is very good choice as a bh rubber.. alot of chinese players now use bty rubbers for bh like ma long, wang hao and ma lin.. (t64, sriver, bryce.. etc)

bty rubbers are expensive but compared to similar rubbers like joola express/energy, stiga boost rubbers and other similar euro/jap rubber the price falls right in between.. ofcourse the chinese rubber is much cheaper, but most players use the profincial/national versions of chinese rubbers that could match up to modern euro/jap rubbers.  Pro/Nat rubbers are expensive too.. just look at the new bw3, h3nat.. these rubbers are way overpriced. Also the tenergy rubbers might last u longer than most chinese rubbers.. so its a good investment. =]
Main:
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm

Chopper:
Stratus Power Defense 85g
FH: Hybrid K3 max
BH: Grass D.TecS 0.9mm

USATT: 1725
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2009 at 7:23pm
Im still struggling with the right bh rubber.  I know the best is t05 but my arm hates the weight. 

I put some slower less spinny lighter rubber on backhand and wala its perfect - but then I go and play people, I can't open up shorter balls with enough danger.

I still got a pretty new t64 in the cupboard which may come back again.

My old practise parter Aki says my backhand has never been so dangerous since I stopped using it.

I think it comes down to different styles beat different people.  Different equipment allows different styles and promotes them too. 

Some people kill me because I don't have enough control, then some because I'm too slow, then others because the spin level is the same as everyone else they play.

With t05 I beat most players easily at the lower level, with other rubbers I have to work really hard.

I think you need to be a fighter in every way anyway. 

Suprised this topic resurfaced.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
figgie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote figgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2009 at 9:08pm
it is a matter of form over equipment. I play with T05 on both side (i guess I am one of the FEW that does this).

One thing I found out. Tenergy (regardless of which one) is exceptionally unforgiving when you are not commited. What I mean by that is, if you hesitate, the tenergy WILL remind you not too by producing balls that go everywhere except where you want them to go. Seen it happen with numerous other players that do not keep the correct form and start puttzing around, the Tenergy always reminded them to quit it and play correctly.
Speed glue, booster, tuner free since 2006!!!
Axio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Axio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2009 at 10:05pm
Butterfly spend lots on their R&D to produce the Tenergy Series...

what is overpriced is haifu BW III...
haifu is just using others and put them together...I will not complain if it is cheap...hahahahah
"Member of Single Ply Hinoki Club"

BTY Special 10mm 84g + HEXER HD

BTY Kim Taek Soo Special 10mm 88g + HEXER HD
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2009 at 1:25am
Originally posted by Axio Axio wrote:

haifu is just using others and put them together...I will not complain if it is cheap...hahahahah

I agree its very overpriced, but its not that horrible. I think it outperforms tenergy (here come the arguments). I played BW3 tonight for a while. It was quite fast. It was also very spinny, but It was too fast for me to get used to enough, so the spin advantage disappeared for me, but I think that was the 4 layers of rubber cement, as my friend was able to use it later on just fine. Now, I use BW2 on a Clipper CR, a pretty fast combo, very used to it (like BPace, I'm making my full time TT comeback). Get this, I was using bw3 on an ALLAROUND blade- the Appelgren Allplay Senso V1. And It was Faster by a noticeable margin than my BW2/Clipper CR combo. But again, I dont know if that was the rubber cement or the rubber's performance. I'm gonna try it one more time this week, now that its found its home on that blade (cpen)

I would for sure play BW3 If i got it for a christmas/bday gift or somethin. But alas, it costs 70 bucks. And I'm no sucka!

BW2 is worth every penny of that 20-25 dollar price. I would pay 40 for it. I can do everything well with that Rubber, it is a part of my game now. If BW3 is a 10 performance wise, BW2 is an 8.5-9. Professionals would obviously need the boost if they were BW2 likers.. but its not something I think that we have any business buying when BW2 is 20-25 bucks. It is not 50 dollars better. Its more like 10 dollars better. BW3 belongs at a tenergy price or lower. If I'm paying this price for BW2, 3 needs to be about 40 bucks and that's good.  

Now that I stopped my belly-achin and started practicing more consistently, I've learned that It's not the rubbers fault for lack of performance, it's mine. It performs just fine, I just needed to practice. So I dont think I'm going back to H3 with glue again.

speaking of which- I beat a player last night who I have never taken more than 1 game from, and it was all due to focus, concentration, moving my feet and watching the ball. That's it, nothin fancy- just fundamental stuff. I'm gonna start being more honest with myself.
Axio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Axio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2009 at 10:50am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Originally posted by Axio Axio wrote:

I agree its very overpriced, but its not that horrible. I think it outperforms tenergy (here come the arguments). I played BW3 tonight for a while. It was quite fast. It was also very spinny, but It was too fast for me to get used to enough, so the spin advantage disappeared for me, but I think that was the 4 layers of rubber cement, as my friend was able to use it later on just fine. Now, I use BW2 on a Clipper CR, a pretty fast combo, very used to it (like BPace, I'm making my full time TT comeback). Get this, I was using bw3 on an ALLAROUND blade- the Appelgren Allplay Senso V1. And It was Faster by a noticeable margin than my BW2/Clipper CR combo. But again, I dont know if that was the rubber cement or the rubber's performance. I'm gonna try it one more time this week, now that its found its home on that blade (cpen)

I would for sure play BW3 If i got it for a christmas/bday gift or somethin. But alas, it costs 70 bucks. And I'm no sucka!

BW2 is worth every penny of that 20-25 dollar price. I would pay 40 for it. I can do everything well with that Rubber, it is a part of my game now. If BW3 is a 10 performance wise, BW2 is an 8.5-9. Professionals would obviously need the boost if they were BW2 likers.. but its not something I think that we have any business buying when BW2 is 20-25 bucks. It is not 50 dollars better. Its more like 10 dollars better. BW3 belongs at a tenergy price or lower. If I'm paying this price for BW2, 3 needs to be about 40 bucks and that's good.  

Now that I stopped my belly-achin and started practicing more consistently, I've learned that It's not the rubbers fault for lack of performance, it's mine. It performs just fine, I just needed to practice. So I dont think I'm going back to H3 with glue again.

speaking of which- I beat a player last night who I have never taken more than 1 game from, and it was all due to focus, concentration, moving my feet and watching the ball. That's it, nothin fancy- just fundamental stuff. I'm gonna start being more honest with myself.

Bray I really like your review...I really like the BW IIs vacuum packed...they are awesome rubbers, but I am not ready to spend that much for the BW IIIs hoohhoho...
But also there is one other problem bout the BW II...I read somewhere in the forum that those rubbers lifespan is just about 1 month? what do you think bro? if its just 1 month, the cost of the rubber will be way over the tenergy 64....
Thanks
"Member of Single Ply Hinoki Club"

BTY Kim Taek Soo Special 10mm 88g + HEXER HD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic