Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clipper CR vs BTF Viscaria

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hungmo Boll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hungmo Boll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clipper CR vs BTF Viscaria
    Posted: 06/18/2009 at 7:51am
Well, I am really interested in the CR technology of STIGA. But I think Viscaria will give me more control and safety.
Which one should I choose? Give me suggestions please
Blade: Yasaka Malin Carbon
FH: Yasaka Mark V AD
BH: Stiga Innova Ultra Light
Sponsored Links

Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2009 at 8:46am
i dont think the all wood blade Clipper, even with CR tech, has less controll than the A/C blade Viscaria.
Butterfly Viscaria
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Stiga Calibra Sound
XxbOOmxX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XxbOOmxX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2009 at 8:53am
I had a viscaria for about 2 years and it is a good soft blade but fast. The clipper has way better feel and control. You give up some speed with the clipper but you can generate more speed with technique.

I tried a Clipper with Boost TP max (FH) and Boost TC max (BH) and that felt marvelous.
Acoustic FL
FH: IQUL 2.2
BH: Nimbus Soft 2.0 (about to kick the bucket)

http://tinyurl.com/ATTA-Club-Photos
johnny89atc View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny89atc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2009 at 12:21pm
I think that Jeff(ATTC) uses the Clipper CR and has used the Viscaria, so you can ask him to tell you the differences between these 2 blades...
Blade: OSP Virtuoso-L RST 87gr
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX 2.1
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9
Jeff(ATTC) View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(ATTC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2009 at 1:19pm
The Clipper CR hands down has more control than the Viscaria. The CR coating on the Clipper gives it a slightly harder feel than a regular wood blade and adds a little speed.  The Clipper CR has very good short game; pushes are short, serves are easier to control, flips are good.  Looping is good if you have a thin Clipper(6mm); Smashing and countering is better with a thick clipper(7mm).  Reguardless of the thickness, Clippers counter and smash well.  I believe that the thickness effects looping capibilities.  Some may disagree, but I prefer thinner Clippers.

The Viscaria is faster and has less control than the Clipper CR.  It has a soft feel, it is a good looping blade, and it is difficult to find one that is less than 90 grams.  The Viscaria is a bouncy blade which is attributed to the carbon.  The blade has a very soft feel with little extra vibrations due to the arylate.  With some Butterfly blades like the TBS and the Viscaria I have found that there are two different kinds of top plys: one with a natural grain that you can see and feel; and a smoother top ply that looks "chippy."  I find that the natural grain Viscarias feel softer and have a little more feeling; whereas the smother chippy top plys make the Viscaria feel harder and make it have less feeling.

With a wood blade like the Clipper you will get more feeling and dwell time, Xxb00mxX described it to me as "feeling as if [the ball] was on forever" (compared to blades like the Viscaria and TB ALC).  The Clipper is still a fast blade, it jsut has more control.  The Viscaria you will have less dwell time, but your loops will be fast.  The feeling will vary depending on the type of top ply you get.  SHort game will suffer a little bit, but your looping game will be good.

If you decide to decide to switch from the Viscaria from your Ma Lin carbon, you might find that it is a little slower than your Carbon blade; that you will have a little more control; and that the feeling will be softer.  If you decided to switch to a Clipper CR you might find that you will have more dwell time than your Ma Lin carbon; more control; and that there will be a lot of feeling.
Bty Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: D80
BH: D05
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic