Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ebenholz Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2009 at 4:20pm
They cancelled my order as out of stock for the sale stocks. And they give me 15% discount for my alternative order and 10% for the next future order. What is the bad marketing scheme !!!!
Sponsored Links

chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2009 at 6:01pm
I would be annoyed.
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2010 at 8:24pm
Ebenholz revisited  6 months later what are the impressions now are the players who wrote reviews still playing Ebenholz or have they moved on .all comments on this blade welcomed.
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2010 at 2:31am
still playing with EB 7 and im still loving it!
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2010 at 3:21am
Originally posted by chris.b40 chris.b40 wrote:

Ebenholz revisited� 6 months later what are the impressions now are the players who wrote reviews still playing Ebenholz or have they moved on .all comments on this blade welcomed.

A friend of mine has bought an Ebenholz VII some months ago, and recently decided to replace the rubbers on it. He's quite upset as he'd discovered the blade surface is uneven - if you place the blade (without rubbers) flat on a table there is a 1-1.5 mm gap between the table and one part of the blade, and so the blade "rocks" on the table. One can even see it when looking at the blade edge ...

So the question is what could have caused this - poor wood quality? Or did he buy a "bad" blade from the outset?
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2010 at 10:25am
what seem to me to be warping of the Ebenholz blade ma also be a manufacturers fault which i doubt it is because your friend would have noticed  this when h was putting on rubbers the first time,so i think your friend may have stored the blade in too hot a place ie.( the car) sometimes players forget their rackets in the car and during the summer just imagine the temp the car reaches .This is just an example however i think it  is most likely to be a storage prob rather than a manufacturers defect.
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2010 at 1:04pm

what seem to me to be warping of the Ebenholz blade may also be a manufacturers fault which i doubt it is because your friend would have noticed� this when h was putting on rubbers the first time,so i think your friend may have stored the blade in too hot a place ie.( the car) sometimes players forget their rackets in the car and during the summer just imagine the temp the car reaches .This is just an example however i think it� is most likely to be a storage prob rather than a manufacturers defect.

He didn't notice anything when he bought the blade - probably too excited to try it :-). And he swears the bat spent most of the non-playing time in a wallet on his desk at the office. I'm inclined to agree with you - he should've checked the blade the moment it arrived.

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 2:35am

I agree that Ebenholz  st handle is head heavy  the legend is more balanced  .I know this because I have tested both,mind you they both play well but having more than one blade confuses certain players and I happen to fall into that category. Dont know which one to sell, they both play well.
 Watching Chen Qui play  I get the feeling his racket is quite heavy by his hand action (I speak subject to correction). The ball comes off this blade really nice as I realised one of by hardest ever kills yesterday during practice,It drew coments from onlookers.and like I said there is something ,some technique we ebenholz users have to unlock before this demon blade delivers, it is there I feel it.

Mean while I am still faced with having to decide which one of the worlds most beautifull blades to keep. (laugh)

I refer to Chen Qi because he is the only world class player I know of that use this blade . Does any one know other world class players who have adopted this blade.

tang peng
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 12:05pm
When I wrote that article Tang Peng was not yet using the Ebenholz blade.Smile
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 9:47pm

When I wrote that article Tang Peng was not yet using the Ebenholz blade.Smile

just FYI lol
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2012 at 4:50pm
It is the worse blade I ever tried, and believe me I have tried a lot. It is hallow, speedy no spin no feel worse control ever. And the finishing sucks , splinter everywhere it is a 30 usd blade sold for 100 euros , such a shame.
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2012 at 7:14pm
when i first tried the hardwood series i felt quite disappointed.

today i have changed my mind.

i am going to talk about the ebV and rwv not the ebvii or rw vii. I have changed my mind about the v series not the vii series.

these are not blades to get used easy. the grip, the sweet spot, the handling have to be precise and the blade balance need particular technique.

however i understand now why chinese players like them.

once having the precise game to the blade, the feeling is very good. then it goes the smile.

and they allow some game variation that one is going to like with the time. feeling and some particular game based in the difference balance and a more relaxed wrist game.

i like the rwv and the first batches ebv. and they push my game to go higher level paying attention to be more precise.

the pity about the ebenholz is that last series the quality outer went down noticeable.

EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2012 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

i am going to talk about the ebV and rwv not the ebvii or rw vii. I have changed my mind about the v series not the vii series.

these are not blades to get used easy. the grip, the sweet spot, the handling have to be precise and the blade balance need particular technique.

once having the precise game to the blade, the feeling is very good. then it goes the smile.

and they allow some game variation that one is going to like with the time. feeling and some particular game based in the difference balance and a more relaxed wrist game.

i like the rwv and the first batches ebv. and they push my game to go higher level paying attention to be more precise.

the pity about the ebenholz is that last series the quality outer went down noticeable.

i wonder how they play compared to carbo 7.6
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2012 at 8:06pm
imo bbkon quite better than the carbo 7.6. the good feeling is in another level.
the carbo 7.6 is more balanced but at the time one controls the precise handling about the rw or the ebv (a quality outer one) there is better feeling than in a carbo 7.6. the carbo 7.6 has a hollow blade feeling and also lacks control compared to the eb or rw v.   
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2012 at 10:09pm

imo bbkon quite better than the carbo 7.6. the good feeling is in another level.
the carbo 7.6 is more balanced but at the time one controls the precise handling about the rw or the ebv (a quality outer one) there is better feeling than in a carbo 7.6. the carbo 7.6 has a hollow blade feeling and also lacks control compared to the eb or rw v.   

is it faster than c 7.6?? whats the difference between eb7 and rw7 over c7.6 .just control?
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2012 at 2:00am

Maybe you are right, i tried a new ebenholz v and it sucks. I will try for the last time a stiga blade I swear, it will be the roseewood xo, stiga clames it has more feeling and the production is outstanding. Let us see.
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2014 at 1:56pm
I have a question:
Is there a Ebenholz VII ST with "Classic" word in the lense (above Ebenholz) and another one which is older with "Peter" word?

Edited by Antuan - 10/20/2014 at 2:01pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic