Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tenergy 25 vs Tenergy 05

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
PingPongBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tenergy 25 vs Tenergy 05
    Posted: 09/04/2009 at 6:13am
Hey guys, i am currently using the tenergy 25 but i am quite disappointed with it. How is tenergy 05?
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
Sponsored Links

ashkan_s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashkan_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2009 at 11:19am
Originally posted by PingPongBoy PingPongBoy wrote:

Hey guys, i am currently using the tenergy 25 but i am quite disappointed with it. How is tenergy 05?

it is dull dull dull dull dull
use 05 or 64

LittleFish.Net View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleFish.Net Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2009 at 3:06pm
Is T25 really that bad? I'm using both T05(FH) and T64(BH) and I'm very happy with them. I was going to buy a piece of T25 to try it out. Can you tell me why it is bad so may be I can save my $52?
Violin CPen/FH:T05 2.1/BH:T64 1.9
W-6 CPen/FH:IQUL 2.2/BH:IQUL SV 2.0
danhs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danhs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2009 at 3:10pm
   If you dislike 25, you probably won't love 05 either.  05 throws a little higher and is slightly spinnier and slower.  They feel the same otherwise.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2009 at 3:14pm
liking the t64 on bh... need to get used to t05 on fh
Main:
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm

Chopper:
Stratus Power Defense 85g
FH: Hybrid K3 max
BH: Grass D.TecS 0.9mm

USATT: 1725
tomas.gt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomas.gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2009 at 3:57pm
for me it is the best butterfly rubber (T25) (and the best nontacky rubber)
Kokutaku Bishu no.1 ST - H3N red , BTfly Spinart 2.1 black
ashkan_s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashkan_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2009 at 3:55am
Originally posted by danhs danhs wrote:

If you dislike 25, you probably won't love 05 either.  05 throws a little higher and is slightly spinnier and slower.  They feel the same otherwise.

I love T05 ... the best thing post glue era
ashkan_s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashkan_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2009 at 3:57am
Originally posted by LittleFish.Net LittleFish.Net wrote:

Is T25 really that bad? I'm using both T05(FH) and T64(BH) and I'm very happy with them. I was going to buy a piece of T25 to try it out. Can you tell me why it is bad so may be I can save my $52?

well, it's slow, feels hollow... and hardly any power...
on the other hand, 05 is hard, 64 is soft... both rather powerful & spinny
T25 reminds me of Yasaka Pryde. (and the pimples are massive!)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2009 at 5:22am

T25 is more for those basic players who wants to play a stable game . And T25 is bad to play against pimples, how is the T64, i am planning to change it next time.

Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
hungga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2009 at 8:50am
Wow. PingpongBoy, for how long have you been using this t25 setup?
:: EJ level 1 ::
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2009 at 9:41am
From my experience, T25 is the closest thing to a highly glued up Chinese tacky rubber (Hurricane II low throw), that has been available on the market since the glue ban.   It provides excellent control, power and spin.   

I've found T05 unstable when flat hitting or strokes where you mix driving and spinning at medium speeds where the throw can suddenly go higher and overshoot the table.  In this contition I have to spin T05 harder to make the ball dive faster so that the loop drops straight down at the end. 

T64 is faster than T05 or T25 but its clearly not as spinny so loops can overshoots the table due to a lack of spin.  If you play further from the table however, T64 shines because its speed and throw make it easier to attack from further back, and the longer ball flight gives the lower degree of spin sufficient time to cause it to drop reliably.  

T25 gives a stable trajectory regardless of the spin-to-speed blend and it puts much more spin on the ball than T64.   Its very low throw makes for a very smooth transition between flat drive and driving with spin (no abrupt angle and stroke change needed in the blade).  T25 is harder to play with away from the table because of its lower throw so you have to work harder to stay out of the net.

The only other rubber that is close to T25's performance envelope (if this envelop is what you like) is Haifu Whale II which is a true Chinese tacky rubber that has been evolved into a half mix of medium-low tack surface grip rubber on a soft topsheet combined with a faster denser sponge so that it gains some speed capability.  Its playing envelope allows for loops and loop drives further from the table that are easier to clear the net with than T25 but their speed is lower.   On service however, the Whale II's tacky surface allows you to get the same spin as T25 a lower ball speed.   For the same reasons, it gives better off the bounce opening loop fast attack than T25, but it doesn't counterloop with the same authority as T25.  Over the table play with Whale II is just different as the soft topsheet and tack make it easier to make short push and over the table loops.

T25 can generate tremendous service spin but since much of this is due to the sponge, you've got to get the ball into the sponge, generate your massive spin and then get the ball out without also generating too much forward speed.     

People that mainly only like Japanese and European sponge rubbers often don't like T25 as its playing envelope is not typical.   If you've been playing Chinese hard sponge rubbers, then it will feel somewhat more familiar but much faster.    
Galaxy T1 89 gm

FH: HRT Huaruite Wujilong 2 - Dragon 2 II, Max, Black

Donic Acuda S2, Max, Red
hungga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2009 at 10:01am
Ha! I knew that you're going to pop up here JRSDallas since you're a T25 user and thanks for clearing things up. I really need your kind of review as I'm preparing a setup for this rubber.

What say you, JRSDallas, about putting t25 FH & BH on Stiga Titanium 5.4 WRB? I'm very much of a flat hitter. Thanks in advance. :)
danhs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danhs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2009 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by hungga hungga wrote:

What say you, JRSDallas, about putting t25 FH & BH on Stiga Titanium 5.4 WRB? I'm very much of a flat hitter. Thanks in advance. :)
  I know you're not asking me, but if you're truly a flat hitter none of the Tenergys would be ideal.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2009 at 11:47pm
just had another round with my friend ... im starting to get used to my t05.. its so much easier to do drives and loops.. and t64 is ideal for blocking and attacking for bh.. btw im penhold =]
Main:
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm

Chopper:
Stratus Power Defense 85g
FH: Hybrid K3 max
BH: Grass D.TecS 0.9mm

USATT: 1725
hungga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 3:39am

� I know you're not asking me, but if you're truly a flat hitter none of the Tenergys would be ideal.

Ooo. Are you saying that because all Tenergys were a bunch of fast rubbers?
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 3:45am

I know you're not asking me, but if you're truly a flat hitter none of the Tenergys would be ideal.

The best flat hitter I know uses a worn out 729 friendship :)

hungga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 4:00am
Hmm, in other word, a dead or almost dead rubber since it'll not be much affected by character of the incoming ball, yes?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 5:40am
Originally posted by JRSDallas JRSDallas wrote:

From my experience, T25 is the closest thing to a highly glued up Chinese tacky rubber (Hurricane II low throw), that has been available on the market since the glue ban.   It provides excellent control, power and spin.   

I've found T05 unstable when flat hitting or strokes where you mix driving and spinning at medium speeds where the throw can suddenly go higher and overshoot the table.  In this contition I have to spin T05 harder to make the ball dive faster so that the loop drops straight down at the end. 

T64 is faster than T05 or T25 but its clearly not as spinny so loops can overshoots the table due to a lack of spin.  If you play further from the table however, T64 shines because its speed and throw make it easier to attack from further back, and the longer ball flight gives the lower degree of spin sufficient time to cause it to drop reliably.  

T25 gives a stable trajectory regardless of the spin-to-speed blend and it puts much more spin on the ball than T64.   Its very low throw makes for a very smooth transition between flat drive and driving with spin (no abrupt angle and stroke change needed in the blade).  T25 is harder to play with away from the table because of its lower throw so you have to work harder to stay out of the net.

The only other rubber that is close to T25's performance envelope (if this envelop is what you like) is Haifu Whale II which is a true Chinese tacky rubber that has been evolved into a half mix of medium-low tack surface grip rubber on a soft topsheet combined with a faster denser sponge so that it gains some speed capability.  Its playing envelope allows for loops and loop drives further from the table that are easier to clear the net with than T25 but their speed is lower.   On service however, the Whale II's tacky surface allows you to get the same spin as T25 a lower ball speed.   For the same reasons, it gives better off the bounce opening loop fast attack than T25, but it doesn't counterloop with the same authority as T25.  Over the table play with Whale II is just different as the soft topsheet and tack make it easier to make short push and over the table loops.

T25 can generate tremendous service spin but since much of this is due to the sponge, you've got to get the ball into the sponge, generate your massive spin and then get the ball out without also generating too much forward speed.     

People that mainly only like Japanese and European sponge rubbers often don't like T25 as its playing envelope is not typical.   If you've been playing Chinese hard sponge rubbers, then it will feel somewhat more familiar but much faster.    
Yea Thanks, i think there's a problem with my technique becuase i always play far from table, i guess i have to just adjust. thanks for the advice btw! great review from a awesome player.
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 7:08am

I haven't played the Stiga Titanium 5.4 but I have played two other 7mm thick titanium blades (Donic Crisan and KillerSpin Diamond TC) and if those two blades are good examples of titanium, the blades gave flex that had good power.  They both made the throw of the blade higher which is something that will help offset the lower throw of the T25 and gave the overall racket a soft feel.

I happen to like pretty stiff blades and the 5.4 probably is getting too thin for my tastes but this combination should feel spinny, flexible and very controllable.  The two sheets of T25 will make the racket heavier than your used to if you haven't been playing Tenergy or Chinese rubbers on both sides already.

The T25 will flat hit and smash very well.   If you already like smashing with your 5.4 (with whatever rubbers you've tried it with) then your swing is already tuned into its flex and so you should like smashing with T25 on it.  
Galaxy T1 89 gm

FH: HRT Huaruite Wujilong 2 - Dragon 2 II, Max, Black

Donic Acuda S2, Max, Red
hungga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2009 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by JRSDallas JRSDallas wrote:

I haven't played the Stiga Titanium 5.4 but I have played two other 7mm thick titanium blades (Donic Crisan and KillerSpin Diamond TC) and if those two blades are good examples of titanium, the blades gave flex that had good power.� They both made the throw of the blade higher which is something that will help offset the lower throw of the T25 and gave the overall racket a soft feel.

I happen to like pretty stiff blades and the 5.4 probably is getting too thin for my tastes but this�combination should feel spinny,�flexible�and�very controllable.� The two sheets of T25 will make the racket heavier than your used to if you haven't been playing Tenergy or Chinese rubbers on both sides already.

The T25 will flat hit and smash very well.�� If you already like smashing with your 5.4 (with whatever rubbers you've tried it with) then your swing is already tuned into its�flex and so you should�like smashing with�T25 on it.��

Thank you very much. Well, currently I don't own the mentioned Stiga but have a great interest to own one.

As you said, it should compensate the low throw of T25, not as much as 7mm Donic's or KillerSpin but maybe better than my current Korbel.

sathish970 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sathish970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2009 at 6:53am
Iam using MJ with bryce speed fh and Markv BH with bryce speed iam having problems fast hitting low back spinning balls and no spin loose balls comming from pipped players with T05 iam able to hit but the speed in my forehand reduces will t25 solve my problems
m.p
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2009 at 2:17pm
T25 isn't a "low throw" rubber. Tenergies have probably the highest throw angle of the fast rubbers. And 25 isn't necessarily "lower throw" than 05. That idea is a myth. Its not a "hitter's Tenergy" either. I would say 64 AND 05 are better for flat hitters than 25.

Comparing 25 with 05 there are a couple differences:

05 has more instant spin and it feels harder than 25 (eventhough the sponges are the same). 25 has less instant spin but it feels softer... When you swing hard 25 felt like it had a higher throw angle and more spin...

When I was testing 05 and 25 on a ZLF, Mizutani, and TBS, fast flexible blades, 05 felt more stable and predictable. 25 is soft and the ball sits on the blade longer allowing the flex of the blade to have more effect. The ball is on and off the surface of the rubber faster with 05 so it goes in a more predictable path when tested on relatively flexible blades. With 25 the ball pauses then shoots off, creating a slight feeling of instability.

This can be good or bad depending on your tastes... 25 is softer so if 05 feels too squirly for you maybe is better. That extra dwell can give you more control. But the opposite can also happen, maybe you want more of a straight line with your loop, 05 will give you more control.

The difference is in the instant spin. If you just bounce the ball on the blade, or just graze the ball like on a serve or a push 05 is clearly spinnier. But when you start looping--especially on the bh-- you will notice that 25 will give you a bigger arc on the ball's path, which usually means more spin.

If you have a med-to-hard blade and you just stick you blade out there and let the slow short balls hit it, like a push, the ball will react to 05's instant spin more noticeably than 25. 25's softness will absorb some of your opponents spin on those types of passive shots. This may account for some confusion about 25 having a lower throw angle, but its not the case. When you start swinging with a soft or flexible blade, or when the ball already has speed, you will find that 25 has the highest throw angle of the Tenergy rubbers.

As for speed.....

05 feels faster right off your paddle, but I think the extra dwell gives 25 more distance, and is why its rated faster.

I have not tested 25 on a very hard blade.
ashkan_s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashkan_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2009 at 7:42am
nice one "loopMeister"
this is exactly as my exprience of T05/64/25

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2009 at 10:36am
nice description loopmeister.
well written. 
information.
good observations.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
rvega01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rvega01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2009 at 11:03am
LOOPMEISTER! Good Review.....

I have played 05 & 25 but still haven't deside which to keep yet.
What about between 05 & 25 to receive a service and put the ball short just passing the net?
VV
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2009 at 11:17am
Originally posted by rvega01 rvega01 wrote:

LOOPMEISTER! Good Review.....

I have played 05 & 25 but still haven't deside which to keep yet.
What about between 05 & 25 to receive a service and put the ball short just passing the net?

25 was easier to receive serve with compared to 05, but both are difficult compared to most other rubbers out there. Tenergy will make your good shots better but your bad shots worse. No margin for error.

rvega01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rvega01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2009 at 11:28am
Yes right, none of them are easy to receive service.

Right now I'm planning to put 25 or 05 on a DHS King Blade or on the New DHS King 655 Blade. What do you think?

Thank you!
VV
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2009 at 12:09pm

Yes right, none of them are easy to receive service.

Right now I'm planning to put 25 or 05 on a DHS King Blade or on the New DHS King 655 Blade. What do you think?

Thank you!

rvega01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rvega01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2009 at 12:27pm
LOOPMEISTER Thanks!

Which blade do you think better Old DHS King or New King 655?

Have you tried this combo before or just because med-soft Blades are good for 05? well, I think Kings Blades are med-soft, are they?

Also, can you give me an example of a Rubber that is good to receive service short passing the net and with what type of blade?

Thanks a lot!

VV
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2009 at 12:43pm

LOOPMEISTER Thanks!

Which blade do you think better Old DHS King or New King 655?

Have you tried this combo before or just because med-soft Blades are good for 05? well, I think Kings Blades are med-soft, are they?

Also, can you give me an example of a Rubber that is good to receive service short passing the net and with what type of blade?

Thanks a lot!

05 should be good on a HK, although I have not used this combination. I have not tried the new HK either, but I've read somewhere that people like HK and 05. Since the new version is supposed to be harder and faster than the old, it should still go well with Tenergy.

I don't want to hijack this Tenergy thread, but if you want a good post-glue ban rubber to use while you develop your skills enough to become confident using Tenergy on all types of shots, try Palio Macro Era. Its not as spinny as Tenergy but its good. Macro Era on the BH and Tenergy on the FH would also be a good idea if you don't want to give up Tenergy. Macro Era soft max is fast and creates good spin, but its not so bouncy like Stiga Boost, and its much easier to receive serves with than Tenergy.

Just an idea. That's what I'm using right now on both wings.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic