FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Genius reviews please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Genius reviews please
    Posted: 09/25/2009 at 7:29pm
Hey everyone, if u have tried this rubber out, no matter for how long. Let me know about ur experiences plz also what blade u was using it on.

If possible could u compare it directly with Tenergy plz.

Thank you
Stiga Clipper
Skyline TG3 NEO/Palio Thors
www.youtube.com/ndragon88
Sponsored Links

dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2009 at 8:28pm
boost topsheet on tenergyish sponge.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2009 at 8:37pm
Interesting. Thank you
Stiga Clipper
Klaus123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2009 at 8:44pm
What T64 is to T05, is Genius to T64.
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2009 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Klaus123 Klaus123 wrote:

What T64 is to T05, is Genius to T64.

Softer than T64, less spin but faster? lol T64 is faster than 05
Stiga Clipper
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2009 at 12:19pm
nah im kidding.
So its slower, softer and less spinny than T64.
Any others that have same opinion?
Stiga Clipper
Klaus123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2009 at 12:57pm
Alright i explicate it abit more ...

speed: faster than Tenergy 64
catapult: more than Tenergy 64
spin: less or same as Tenergy 64
throw: higher than Tenergy 64
fresh glue effect: more than Tenergy 64
sound: louder than Tenergy 64
hardness: maybe same as Tenergy 64

Not controllable for me on any OFF blade.
What else to mention?
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2009 at 12:58pm
Slower and softer. Less grip on topsheet, but provides better arc and similiar spin when looping. 
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2009 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by speaquinox speaquinox wrote:

Slower and softer. Less grip on topsheet, but provides better arc and similiar spin when looping. 

Sounds like there is a bit of 'fake' spin involved with genius. Is this the case or are the loops loaded with spin like tenergy05
Stiga Clipper
powerplay.de View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powerplay.de Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2009 at 1:49pm
it really depends on your technique and blade. For me the Genius has as much spin as T05 on my Clipper WRB. Funny is that I can generate far less spin with Fever (Maze Off). Overall the Genius is a huge step for ESN Tensors and closed the gap to Tenergy. But it plays definitly not like any Tenergy rubber at all. The topsheet ist softer and looks like Boost Series. Well i cant say much about the durability now but the topsheet gives some hope. My subjective Rating would be.

Speed      Spin     Catapult    Sound
T05 (46g)                  10           10          7              7
T64  (44g)                  9             8           9              9
Genius (47g)             10           10          9              7
Nianmor (48g)           10            9           9              7
Express One  (46g)   10            7          10           10
Genius (42g)             10            9          10             8

I have to add that all these ratings based on new rubbers. I know very well that Tensors durability are worse compared to Tenergy. Over some time the spin decreases a lot.
BT777, Ishlion, U2 Hinoki, Baum Senso, TBS
T05
T05
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2009 at 1:54pm
It's spinny as it looks to be. It's just the sponge is more involved (some say mechanical spin for this I guess). It doesn't have as much friction on the topsheet. This is typical Tensor behaviour, but Genius is better than older generations.
I compared Genius to T64 in my previous msg. T05 is spinnier for sure. I don't think the new porous sponged Tensors are direct match to T05. They're still behind for creating spin. Though, I don't need that much spin. Glue feel is better, control is better, blocking is much easier and still have the spin for the opponent to pop out. The only concern for me is the durability and we'll see on that after a couple of weeks.
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2009 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by powerplay.de powerplay.de wrote:

it really depends on your technique and blade. For me the Genius has as much spin as T05 on my Clipper WRB. Funny is that I can generate far less spin with Fever (Maze Off). Overall the Genius is a huge step for ESN Tensors and closed the gap to Tenergy. But it plays definitly not like any Tenergy rubber at all. The topsheet ist softer and looks like Boost Series. Well i cant say much about the durability now but the topsheet gives some hope. My subjective Rating would be.

Speed      Spin     Catapult    Sound
T05 (46g)                  10           10          7              7
T64  (44g)                  9             8           9              9
Genius (47g)             10           10          9              7
Nianmor (48g)           10            9           9              7
Express One  (46g)   10            7          10           10
Genius (42g)             10            9          10             8

I have to add that all these ratings based on new rubbers. I know very well that Tensors durability are worse compared to Tenergy. Over some time the spin decreases a lot.
Thanks for the post. Yes the tensors were terrible with the durability. The best IMO were the nimbus series but even they needed changing after 160 hours of play.
U said u couldnt get as much spin with the fever (MazeOFF). u ment the Maze OFF right? by any chance would u know why u couldnt generate as much spin?

Originally posted by speaquinox speaquinox wrote:

It's spinny as it looks to be. It's just the sponge is more involved (some say mechanical spin for this I guess). It doesn't have as much friction on the topsheet. This is typical Tensor behaviour, but Genius is better than older generations.
I compared Genius to T64 in my previous msg. T05 is spinnier for sure. I don't think the new porous sponged Tensors are direct match to T05. They're still behind for creating spin. Though, I don't need that much spin. Glue feel is better, control is better, blocking is much easier and still have the spin for the opponent to pop out. The only concern for me is the durability and we'll see on that after a couple of weeks.
Do u feel ur oponents block ur loops easier with genius? See i wasnt as kean on T64 although a great rubber it didnt create enough spin for the speed it produces. Although i have gotten alot better since i used it. maybe now i can create better spin with it.
A few others have also comment the same as u with the spin difference not being big.

Genius is definitely something I am very much considering getting. I will be waiting for a friend of mine to get X-Plode and i will give that a try also. I wouldnt be getting my new setup for another 2-4 weeks so i can keep checking reviews on here Wink. I will be getting the Maze OFF blade, but as for rubbers it may be Tenergy05 for the fh unless Genius or X-Plode changes me mind. For the bh it will be Genius for sure.

I apreciate the comments Big%20smile thank you
and keep posting if u got more to say, the more the merrier ^_^
Stiga Clipper
powerplay.de View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powerplay.de Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2009 at 3:10pm
Joola Fever has the same construction as Maze Off. Plays the same imho. Same advantages and disadvantages. Difficult at close table and incredible at middistance both wing looping. I tried it with all listed rubbers and even with the easiest to play rubber Express One, i got the mentioned problems. With this blade i have too less dwell time to generate max spin. Its because of my forehand loop technique. Fast drive-loop motion with less contact time. Schlager Carbon + glued Bryce optimized :)

BT777, Ishlion, U2 Hinoki, Baum Senso, TBS
T05
T05
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2009 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by powerplay.de powerplay.de wrote:

Joola Fever has the same construction as Maze Off. Plays the same imho. Same advantages and disadvantages. Difficult at close table and incredible at middistance both wing looping. I tried it with all listed rubbers and even with the easiest to play rubber Express One, i got the mentioned problems. With this blade i have too less dwell time to generate max spin. Its because of my forehand loop technique. Fast drive-loop motion with less contact time. Schlager Carbon + glued Bryce optimized :)

That will probably be the case with Samsonov Alpha then. It feels the same as Maze but slower. Do u really hit into the sponge and blade when u play?
Stiga Clipper
ppgear View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2009 at 3:55pm
Is this "Genius" a Butterfly rubber?
Arthur Lui
Revspin.net - Table Tennis Equipment Reviews
Top USATT Rating: 2131
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2009 at 5:01pm
No, it's made by Tibhar
ppgear View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2009 at 5:07pm
Right.

There's a review on the Table Tennis Database:

Tibhar Genius Reviews
Arthur Lui
Revspin.net - Table Tennis Equipment Reviews
Top USATT Rating: 2131
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2009 at 9:30pm
What type of blade would this rubber be suited for???
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2009 at 5:30am
Originally posted by Carryboy Carryboy wrote:

What type of blade would this rubber be suited for???

I would also like to know :)
Im hoping Maze OFF would be a good one, if not that then the TBS. fingers crossed one of those 2 will suit
Stiga Clipper
Lionel.Looper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lionel.Looper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2009 at 10:22am
If I could find Tibhar Genius in any shops accessible, I would stick it to Butterfly Cypress-S (Cypress-Square), as I am a Jpen holder.
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2009 at 7:23pm
Ok i am struggling to make a decision, although i have time to decide i like to know in advance Tongue im organised like that.

I am doubting getting the Maze now, might just stick with my Samsonov Alpha. I cant decide whether to get Tenergy05 or Genius on my fh. If i stick with the Alpha i am just going to keep TC on my bh. IF i get the Maze then it will either be TC or Geniuson the bh.

What should i do Cry
Stiga Clipper
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2009 at 8:08pm
ok i have decided to stick with my blade. Thats just leaves 1 more decision...Tenergy05 or Genius on my fh......
Stiga Clipper
speed29 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speed29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2009 at 7:12am
My comparison between T05 and genius is :

About same weight.
Serve : T05=genius
Short game : T05 < genius (genius amazingly good)
Hit : T05 = genius
Top spin on underspin ball : T05 > genius (more dwell time)
Top spin at mid distance : genius > T05 (not by far)
Counter top spin : genius > T05 (not by far)

It seems to me that my topspins are a little bit more powerfull and spinny wih T05 (but genius is good also). If each of my shots was a top spin, maybe I'd prefer T05. The main reason to prefer genius could be the better control, and the play at mid distance.

Both are very very good rubbers, my two favourite rubbers.
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2009 at 7:19am
Originally posted by speed29 speed29 wrote:

My comparison between T05 and genius is :

About same weight.
Serve : T05=genius
Short game : T05 < genius (genius amazingly good)
Hit : T05 = genius
Top spin on underspin ball : T05 > genius (more dwell time)
Top spin at mid distance : genius > T05 (not by far)
Counter top spin : genius > T05 (not by far)

It seems to me that my topspins are a little bit more powerfull and spinny wih T05 (but genius is good also). If each of my shots was a top spin, maybe I'd prefer T05. The main reason to prefer genius could be the better control, and the play at mid distance.

Both are very very good rubbers, my two favourite rubbers.

Thanks for the post :)
I am leaning more towards Genius now. 60/40
Stiga Clipper
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2009 at 7:23am
Got a couple of sheets will try.
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2009 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by chris.b40 chris.b40 wrote:

Got a couple of sheets will try.

I look forward to hearing from u
Stiga Clipper
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2012 at 4:10pm
I am not sure if it is just me or other's who have ordered regular genius from different distributors and the package seems slightly opened/cut on the sides. 
I have noticed it in every batch i have received (3 times in the last 1 year) 2 times from Table tennis 11 and once from Paddle palace.  I was thinking it could be US customs but the latest from PP also had similar observations. Is it normal ? 
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic