Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ritc 729-08 VS. D H S Skyline 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
hut8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hut8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ritc 729-08 VS. D H S Skyline 3
    Posted: 12/30/2009 at 5:11pm
What  is  the   difference  which  is  more  bouncy.
Sponsored Links

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2009 at 5:45pm
bump, would like to know the same... also
someone compaire 729-08 vs tg3, h3 (neo).
Main:
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm

Chopper:
Stratus Power Defense 85g
FH: Hybrid K3 max
BH: Grass D.TecS 0.9mm

USATT: 1725
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2009 at 8:44pm
neo tg3 is faster and better than the -08 in many aspects. the 08 is very heavy also
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2009 at 9:14pm
TG3 is faster, lower throw and lighter. 729-08 is spinnier and heavier.

729-08 is more like a modernized traditional Chinese rubber. It produces a very steep ball curve on the loop and works great if you play close to the table.

TG3 is great for driving the ball and it works quite well both close to the table and away from it. It is kinda like H2 modified for power driving the ball. There is less dip on the ball curve than with H2, but the ball stays low after the bounce.

With 729-08 the throw is higher and if you have good hands you can make the ball hop all over the place.

ILya

Edit: I have only tried TG3 Neo, not the original TG3.
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 1:40am
Never tried 729-08 but after reading your post I will.
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 10:57am
Basically, TG3 is tackier and harder sponged, but it needs regluing to shine. TG3 Neo doesn't need that but it's got some unexpectedness to it and is also pricier.

729-08 is mid-tacky, keeps the tackiness for some time, doesn't need regluing and has a springy sponge - not regular hard sponge as old-style Chinese tacky rubbers similar to H2, H3, TG2, TG3 family.

One thing which you should be on the lookout with 729-08 (and that is basically why I no longer have it on my main setup - but on secondary I play with it still) is the usual downside of a softer sponge on tacky rubber. When you want to do a gentle shot from mid-distance in order to carefully place the ball on the table (not an attack, not a chop or power drive but just a mild placement shot) then you often end up with your ball in the net. That's mostly due to the fact that tacky rubber with softer sponge really slows down the ball with the shots like this - you have to be careful.

However, if you play with the rubber long enough and get used to it, you will master those shots as well.

729-08 works especially well on harder stiffer blades which need some slowing down. Still it is a relatively fast rubber - especially among tacky softer ones. It is indeed on a heavier side but no comparison with monsters like BW-II
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2009 at 10:58am
By the way, if someone wants it - I have a couple (or at least one) slightly used 729-08. I guess, 10 dollars S&H included would be a fair price.

mohan_ah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohan_ah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2010 at 3:48pm
Hi Jim, Yes I am interested to try 729-08. Let me know how can we go about.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2010 at 10:58am
Originally posted by mohan_ah mohan_ah wrote:

Hi Jim, Yes I am interested to try 729-08. Let me know how can we go about.

pm'd you

koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2010 at 5:15pm
One more comment on 729-08.

While I usually play with inverted on both sides, I occasionally mess around with long pips on one side. That makes the paddle too light with my normal FH rubber, so that is when I use 729-08, since it is a little heavier. Recently, as an experiment, I tuned a sheet of 729-08 a little. When tuned, it is easily one of the nicest feeling Chinese sheet I have ever tried. It still plays great at the table, but not it also has some serious pop off the table.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
ddaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2010 at 9:17pm
so what is the difference between 729-08 provincial & commercial ?
seattle player
TBS
V6
729 training blade ;)
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2010 at 1:22am
there is a provincial version of this rubber??? ive been using the newer edition which is "strongly forward" with orange sponge. 14 dollars on megaspin

ps i ve been using it around 2 months now.. and its still in decent condition. some of the tack wore off but the rubber still spins. i think tis a great rubber for the price and quality.
Main:

Chopper:

rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2010 at 2:36am
there are two version of 729-08 i think, strongly bounce and strongly forward...

there's also national version of the 728-08... i was offered recently from someone within the provincial team...
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
tiburon74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiburon74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2010 at 2:55am

i try this rubbers, TG3 skyline (old version), NEO TG3, blue sponge special edition TG3 and the 729-08 strongly forward.

i found these:

sponge hardness: 729-8 was the harder, blue sponge tg3 the softer

tackiness: TG3 (old version) the tacky, blue spong tg3 the less tacky

bouncer: blue sponge tg3 the bouncer, TG3 (old version) the less bouncer

weight : 729-08 the one with more weight, blue sponge tg3 the less

SERVICE

spin: 729-08

speed: 729-08

CLOSE TO THE TABLE

fh top: 729-08

bh top: blue sponge tg3

fh block: 729-08

bh block: 729-08

counterdrive: blue sponge tg3, NEO TG3

chop: NEO TG3

third ball power attack: 729-08

third ball control attack: blue sponge tg3

loop: blue sponge tg3, NEO TG3

FAR FROM THE TABLE

Loop: NEO TG3, blue sponge tg3

topspin: blue sponge tg3, NEO TG3

in conclussion, the 729-08 is an awesome rubber for close to the table play, but i felt that if you cant win the point on one or two attacks, the rubber doesnt respond well on a rally, for me the real advantage with this rubber was the serves, you can put a lot of spin and speed on it, making very difficult to return for the adversary, also if you go medium distance or far to the table the rubber doesnt respond, all the balls will go to the net, if youre a close to the table player, 729-08 is a dream rubber, but if you want to play from all distance you need to go to blue sponge tg3 or NEO TG3.
1 Ply Hinoki Club

Darker Speed 90
Tenergy 05
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2010 at 11:32am
Originally posted by rokphish rokphish wrote:

there are two version of 729-08 i think, strongly bounce and strongly forward...

there's also national version of the 728-08... i was offered recently from someone within the provincial team...

Strongly Bounce is the older version - the one you really have to reglue in order to get the best performance. Strongly Forward has a springier sponge and you do not need regluing.

Provincial version I have seen only at ttrubberman's site - nowhere else.

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2010 at 11:36am
Originally posted by tiburon74 tiburon74 wrote:

in conclussion, the 729-08 is an awesome rubber for close to the table play, but i felt that if you cant win the point on one or two attacks, the rubber doesnt respond well on a rally, for me the real advantage with this rubber was the serves, you can put a lot of spin and speed on it, making very difficult to return for the adversary, also if you go medium distance or far to the table the rubber doesnt respond, all the balls will go to the net, if youre a close to the table player, 729-08 is a dream rubber, but if you want to play from all distance you need to go to blue sponge tg3 or NEO TG3.

I agree that 729-08 is very suitable for close to table play - when it is fresh it is almost as fast and as good as BW-2 Tuned.

It's an OK rubber for playing away from the table but its tackiness and muffling effect are something that needs to be constantly taken into account. As I mentioned before if you are going for a mid- or low-power placement shot with 729-08 standing more than 1-2 feet away from the table you should be very careful (or used to teh rubber) lest your ball hits the net.

You can do rallies with it but it's not as good there as harder Chinese rubbers, although it is more suitable for Euro style counterlooping - just apply enough power and it is springy enough to manage from even 5-10 feet away.

zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2010 at 11:47am

i feel 729-08 is too heavy if play wif cpen.. cg too infront..

if use shakehand shd be better..

tg3 is easier to control as topsheet softer.. compromise for its speed..

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2010 at 11:58am
Originally posted by zheyi zheyi wrote:

i feel 729-08 is too heavy if play wif cpen.. cg too infront..

if use shakehand shd be better..

tg3 is easier to control as topsheet softer.. compromise for its speed..

Actually if you use TG3 on a regular sponge (basically same as H2) it has hardness 43, and 729-08 is 39-40. So regular TG3 shouldn't weigh much less than 729-08.

If we go here then you will see that the diff is miniscule, 3 g for an uncut rubber, and probably 2 g for cut.

You must be playing with sponge #21 - that one is indeed pretty soft and light.

zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2010 at 12:03pm

yes only blue sponge and neo can be used.. i tot :D

actually using a so called 'national version' of tg3 now..

couldnt bare to change even used for a yr now.. :P
ddaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2010 at 4:09pm
I host exchange students and one of my kids father is friends with a Provincial coach , so as a gift he gave me 729-08 provincial  VOC<2 and a new 729 Hero rubber with Japaness sponge ( its the softest 729 rubber i have ever used!) oh he also gave me the 729 V6 :)
seattle player
TBS
V6
729 training blade ;)
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2010 at 4:12pm
You got lucky my friend! I mean V-6 blade of course - it is a relatively rare bird on our shores. A great blade...

However, if you are very used to playing with your PC then V-6 is probably not a blade for you - too soft.

ddaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2010 at 5:37pm
im playing with the Petr Krobel with sriver fx max on both sides, So the 729-v6 with the 729 hero max and 729-08 is close , ust a little heavyer and harder
seattle player
TBS
V6
729 training blade ;)
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2010 at 5:47pm
I thought you were using Primorac Carbon...

V-6 with two thick Chinese rubbers would be certainly heavier than PK with two SFXs. How about overall balance?

ddaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2010 at 6:01pm
the balance isn't bad a little head heavy! It plays great above the table flips are a little hard for me due to the weight but other than that is awesome!!!
seattle player
TBS
V6
729 training blade ;)
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2010 at 6:04pm
I would advise you to try smth different and lighter on it - like Gambler Outlaw/Wraith or LKT Rapid Speed. Then you won't lose a lot of speed but balance is bound to become better.

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2010 at 1:36am
can someoen compare
729-08 vs NEO H3 plz
i would liek to know
Main:

Chopper:

tomas.gt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomas.gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2010 at 6:03am
Sure I can, DreiZ.
I went from 08 to H3N to 08 to H3N again.
08 at 49deg sponge.

H3N: faster (little bit), more dynamical, lower throw, less sensitive to incoming spin. Softer. Maybe little bit less spinny. Lighter (approx. 47 vs 50g cut)

08 has more stable looping performance. Works quite good with korbel, you probably have 47 deg.sponge, that should work well.

Note, that 45deg and 47deg sponge differs from 49deg sponge (throw, spin, sensitivity to inc. spin). So my thoughts could be different, if I could compare H3N with 47deg 729-08.

T.
Kokutaku Bishu no.1 ST - H3N red , BTfly Spinart 2.1 black
jz1028 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jz1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2010 at 11:15pm
729-08 has several versions, the commercial version in US is not impressive and I am assuming that most people got that one in the US.  the provincial 729-08 tunned is very impressive.  It is not easy to find even in China.  729-08 tunned has good click and spin.  It is fairly fast and light. 
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2010 at 1:02pm
Light? Regular 729-08 is 69-70 g uncut which is certainly on the heavy side of the range. I imagine that Prov 729-08 should not be any lighter. But I might be mistaken there...

So unless you are playing with a penhold, 729-08 cannot be called light.

ddaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2010 at 1:52pm
i have the 729-08 prov and it is very heavy!!! but has good speedy and control . the sponge is a little harder then commmercial
seattle player
TBS
V6
729 training blade ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic