Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

ITTF Pro Tour Grand Finals 2009 (videos)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
liang1983 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liang1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2010 at 3:46am
Wang LiQinThumbs%20Up
Butterfly Photino
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
Sponsored Links

Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2010 at 4:17am
Originally posted by Cyrilix Cyrilix wrote:

He speaks about the players as if they were all his best chums. I don't know if I particularly like it but I guess I don't mind that much. He's got too many side stories to tell, though.

I dunno, some of it is interesting. I never noticed myself the way Ma Long disguises his backhand with his left hand and what that does.
liang1983 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liang1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2010 at 9:18am
any Wang Liqin vs Hao Shuai video ??
Butterfly Photino
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
yxltlan View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yxltlan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2010 at 10:52am
I LOVE XU XIN....!!!!Heart

STEGER Bastian GER Vs XU Xin CHN - Quarter Final
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8O9TIV1G
Sanwei Cc Carbon Palio FH
Fruit loop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruit loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2010 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Jonan Jonan wrote:

He speaks about the players as if they were all his best chums. I don't know if I particularly like it but I guess I don't mind that much. He's got too many side stories to tell, though.

I dunno, some of it is interesting. I never noticed myself the way Ma Long disguises his backhand with his left hand and what that does.

The commentator is a tool. Ma Long doesn't disguise his backhand, he just uses his left hand for power/balance.
Timo Boll Spirit FL
Dr Evil ox both sides.
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2010 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by liang1983 liang1983 wrote:

any Wang Liqin vs Hao Shuai video ??

+1000000000000

the ittv link is broken!! it won't even load!! CryCryCryCryCryCry
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

lild100 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lild100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2010 at 12:27pm
dmras View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2010 at 8:46pm
Wang Liqin vs Hao Shuai video  -
http://sports.cctv.com/20100109/103062.shtml
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 12:05am
Off Topic.

Just noticed that Zhang Yining just dropped to #2 in women world ranking (January, 2010).  Her "Ranking" points declined quite a bit.

I have not seen her playing on the world stage for quite some time (marriage).

Has she played any major event recently (I may have missed)?
skip3119
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 12:27am
Originally posted by dmras dmras wrote:

Wang Liqin vs Hao Shuai video  -
http://sports.cctv.com/20100109/103062.shtml

omigod!!  thank you so much for that!!  wlq is my favorite player and i was looking forward to seeing him play this time around, cuz i haven't seen him in a while!!
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 12:40am
Originally posted by Fruit loop Fruit loop wrote:

The commentator is a tool. Ma Long doesn't disguise his backhand, he just uses his left hand for power/balance.

did you actually mean "tool" or "fool?"

forgive me for being an american, but i just can't stand to listen to snoody, snobby, snotty, phlegmy-voiced brits.  and the fact that there are sometimes 2 of them there doing the commentary is just sickening to me, figuratively and literally.

so, somebody, please get a box a kleenex and send those 2 blokes away to the washroom!!  actually, make it 2 boxes...

Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 2:06am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Off Topic.

Just noticed that Zhang Yining just dropped to #2 in women world ranking (January, 2010).� Her "Ranking" points declined quite a bit.

Nope, she hasn't played in 10 months, but she will be back on top with Liu's loss in the first round. Only 2 points seperated the 2 on ITTF, there is a gap of over 100 between her and the 2nd place on Rating Central...
Cyrilix View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyrilix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 3:41am

Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Off Topic.

Just noticed that Zhang Yining just dropped to #2 in women world ranking (January, 2010).  Her "Ranking" points declined quite a bit.

Nope, she hasn't played in 10 months, but she will be back on top with Liu's loss in the first round. Only 2 points seperated the 2 on ITTF, there is a gap of over 100 between her and the 2nd place on Rating Central...

To be honest though, your ranking points should decrease slowly if you don't maintain titles. Basically, I think that's the idea behind bonus points for winning titles, since if you keep winning them, you should get to keep those bonus points.
Cyrilix View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyrilix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 3:42am
Originally posted by takaaki takaaki wrote:

did you actually mean "tool" or "fool?"

forgive me for being an american, but i just can't stand to listen to snoody, snobby, snotty, phlegmy-voiced brits.  and the fact that there are sometimes 2 of them there doing the commentary is just sickening to me, figuratively and literally.

so, somebody, please get a box a kleenex and send those 2 blokes away to the washroom!!  actually, make it 2 boxes...

Haha, well, he can be entertaining at times, however I absolutely hate when he's talking about Zhang Jike and speed glue creeping out of the bat when it's simply a white and black colored blade guard on the side. He should get with the times. Speed glue is so 2008.

Edit: My bad, I should've edited my first post instead of double-posting.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 4:04am
wang li qin vs. xi xun cctvt5 on tvunetworks.com right now.

ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 4:17am
I think I saw WLQ tried a reverse serve...
ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 4:20am
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

I think I saw WLQ tried a reverse serve...

i noticed too.  a bit strange but it won him the point.
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 4:34am
they are so close...it is frightening to see that ma long is almost obsolete already...we'll see. xx relies so much on the fh he might get tired sooner; however look ma lin...
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 4:41am
Yeah the Chinese youngsters are coming up so fast. Missing any oppertunities to take any game costs you...
ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 4:45am
itTV british commentator is really ANNOYING!!!!
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 6:14am
Originally posted by ohhgourami ohhgourami wrote:

itTV british commentator is really ANNOYING!!!!

Well I like him, I like that kind of voice, reminds me on tennis commentators on Eurosport, but they need to bring in two of them, and one of the commentators to be some expert in table tennis (for example a top players coach, or former world champion) who really understands the game and could tell us some interesting comments, and not just "ho ho ho, what a point!" .
But I think this commentator is quite good, just need some expert alongside of him :).
Tibhar Defense Plus

FH: Joola Phenix

BH: Dr. Neubauer Bison 1.5mm

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 7:04am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

they are so close...it is frightening to see that ma long is almost obsolete already...we'll see. xx relies so much on the fh he might get tired sooner; however look ma lin...

I don't think he's obsolete, he may just have a true rival finally, the one that Zhang Jike hasn't been. A Ma Lin to his Wang Liqin, but Ma Long is superior, just like Wang Liqin, he'll prove that.
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 7:43am
Well, they actually have two commentators :))
Tibhar Defense Plus

FH: Joola Phenix

BH: Dr. Neubauer Bison 1.5mm

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."
SoWhySoSerious View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoWhySoSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 10:00am
http://www.youtube.com/ttCountenance

Don't lose yourself in table tennis, whatever it means to you.

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 10:05am
Zhang Yining's ITTF "Ranking Points":

December, 2009 ----- 12771
January, 2010 ----- 12723
====================

Looks like a player's inactivity will hurt the player's ITTF "Ranking Points".
Is that true?
skip3119
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 10:12am
Special "achievement" points gained at WTTC, WC, Olympics slowly expire according to the corresponding schedule - 1/2 a year or 1/4 a year etc...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
SoWhySoSerious View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoWhySoSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 11:22am
http://www.youtube.com/ttCountenance

Don't lose yourself in table tennis, whatever it means to you.

almal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 11:46am
MS-SF

Ma Long vs Zhang Jike

Wang Liqin vs Xu Xin
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by SoWhySoSerious SoWhySoSerious wrote:

Wang Liqin-Xu Xin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEa7pnPD_Gg
Wow.. that was one of the best matches I've ever seen the rally in the fifth game is incredible.. WLQ still overpowers XX.
But XX is only what 19 or 20? He still developing.. XX looks like the real deal, his FH improve quite a lot, he is one of the best retriever of the ball away from the table. He and Ma Long will rule TT in the future when Wang Hao is gone..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by SoWhySoSerious SoWhySoSerious wrote:

Wang Liqin-Xu Xin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEa7pnPD_Gg

+1. That volley @ 5-7 in the 5th was one of the most exciting points I've seen in a long time!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic