tabletennis11.com

Donic B-cuda vs Tenergy vs. Hexer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2010 at 11:39pm
maybe you'd see more tenergy wins if there was a way to prevent boosting?

do you think it's safe to say that a boosted sheet of DHS rubber can keep up with tenergy (in terms of spin and speed and control, while maintaining a superior over the table attack and short game).
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Sponsored Links

Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2010 at 11:53pm
I think so... quiet easily.
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2010 at 10:53am
Originally posted by takaaki takaaki wrote:

granted, no tenergy player has won a major yet, but timo, oh, and mizutani have won some pro tour events in the past year and timo won the euro top-12 this past weekend.

what majors have b-cuda and hexer players have won??  do any of the top players even play with those rubbers?

to be truthful, i've never used b-cuda and hexer, but i have tried out other donic and andro rubbers and they just don't compare to tenergy, period!!

How can you make a statement like that without even trying the others. That just shows how naieve you are, totally blindfolded by all the advertising that Butterfly does..

Bosivegas - you made a statement saying that Hexer is Similar to or between Solcion and Bigslam. How wrong could you be.  Giving other members false information like this.

Hexer is much harder aqnd faster than both those rubbers.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2010 at 1:02pm
This thread is now replete with vested interests.  Ermm

Edited by Thaidog - 07/12/2010 at 1:03pm
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2010 at 2:32pm
ive been playing with baracuda 2.0 both sides on my OSP Virtuoso for 8 months (3 times a week training). i switched from tenergy 05 and found baracuda a bit more progressive and "speed glued like" and finest arc, easier to handle incoming effects.. i played a month with hexer/baracuda 2.0 and found hexer is a bit sharper that didnt fit me exactly. but if there werent baracuda i could play with hexer for sure, rather than tenergy 05. both hexer and baracuda lasts 5-6 weeks while tenergy 7+. i would also mention the same generation joola xplode that is a bit harder but not as much as tenergy, and tibhar genius that is more speed glued like but let the ball sink too deep for me... hope that helps
we make real professional handmade table tennis blades - ospblades.com
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2010 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

maybe you'd see more tenergy wins if there was a way to prevent boosting?

do you think it's safe to say that a boosted sheet of DHS rubber can keep up with tenergy (in terms of spin and speed and control, while maintaining a superior over the table attack and short game).

I think it is quite hard to get the chinese players out of a fh chinese sheet.

In the glue era most of them kept playing with chinese in fh, even in the best years about Waldner and Persson. 

Edited by ejmaster - 07/12/2010 at 2:38pm
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2010 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by PLLsystem PLLsystem wrote:

ive been playing with baracuda 2.0 both sides on my OSP Virtuoso for 8 months (3 times a week training). i switched from tenergy 05 and found baracuda a bit more progressive and "speed glued like" and finest arc, easier to handle incoming effects.. i played a month with hexer/baracuda 2.0 and found hexer is a bit sharper that didnt fit me exactly. but if there werent baracuda i could play with hexer for sure, rather than tenergy 05. both hexer and baracuda lasts 5-6 weeks while tenergy 7+. i would also mention the same generation joola xplode that is a bit harder but not as much as tenergy, and tibhar genius that is more speed glued like but let the ball sink too deep for me... hope that helps

I agree. Tenergy05 plays well with Virtuoso but it is not the best rubber for the blade. The blade is so agressive in flex speed spin that t05 is too much. Barracuda better.

However, T05 is awsome with the sn465, because the blade does not flex so much and with the more solid feeling t05 plays perfect.

I find more control in the sn465. Virtuoso is a spin agressive blade. I have seen incredible ball arc with the blade. And my partner had a hard time with the incoming spin. Virtuoso design is a spin canon blade.

But the score is there to talk. And at the end i manage to score with the sn465 quite better than Virtuoso.

I honestly think the EJmaster sn465 also made by PLL, will be better blade than the Virtuoso to most people.

It is time to sell some sn465s. The real deal. Smile

But maybe i am selling better Virtuoso, agressive-offensive spin designed (woooooow) against sn465, control, solidness (baaaaaaaaah). Tongue

Edited by ejmaster - 07/12/2010 at 6:31pm
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
silverhair View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2010 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by takaaki takaaki wrote:

to be truthful, i've never used b-cuda and hexer, but i have tried out other donic and andro rubbers and they just don't compare to tenergy, period!!

My nomination for most insightful post ever!!    Confused

Please share whatever you're smoking.

Best99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Best99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2010 at 10:31pm

In my honest opinion, hexer is softer and a bit less spinny than Tenergy 05, and it has a lower throw angle. Baracuda is softer than Hexer and is a bit slower.

At least, it's what I think.
Blade: Timo Boll ALC 92 g.
Forehand: Tenergy 05 2.1 mm. (black)
Backhand: Tenergy 05 2.1 mm. (red).
Perfect loops
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2010 at 10:33pm
I just put Hexer on my Forehand of Violin, Backhand still use T05. I don't find any difficulties adjusting from H3. It's a faster version of H3 which has less spin. Hexer is much better than Spin Art, easier to use, faster, I found it spinier too. Price is also cheaper.

Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic