Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2010 Qatar Open: Feb 17 -Feb 21 (DOHA)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
Author
Ryu_S_M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryu_S_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 9:46am
looks like zjk have no chances
Blade: BTY Balsa Carbo X5 An
Fh: Donic JO Coppa Platin
Bh: Donic JO Coppa Platin
Sponsored Links

tt_robin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt_robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 9:54am
great forehand by WLQ ...again!!!
zhangjike ..maybe next pro-tour event
WLQ sings "I don't have the heart to hurt you" to zhangjike . well done ..WLQ
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 9:54am
WOW
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
TBS9x View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBS9x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 9:54am
And Wang Liqin won !!!! 
Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
Stiga Boost TC
Tibhar Grass Dtecs 1.6mm
Video: - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u-p2VHaiDk
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7bHoFRj_oU
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYnqlW
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Ryu_S_M Ryu_S_M wrote:

looks like zjk have no chances

Angry
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
Ciprian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciprian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 9:54am
Well done Liquin.Clap I'm happy for him.
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30
riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 9:55am
Fairly easy win for WLQ, 4-1. Since I last watched him his BH and serves are improved. Still has great FH so now you could argue if he maintains this he is a favourite for another WC
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25
SoWhySoSerious View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoWhySoSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 9:56am
http://www.youtube.com/ttCountenance

Don't lose yourself in table tennis, whatever it means to you.

liang1983 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liang1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 9:57am
Wang Liqin .... ...
after more than 2 years... ...
finally... ....
Thumbs%20Up
Butterfly Photino
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
drago View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 10:00am
Yes. Finally,win in final . I've been waiting this since WTTC Zagreb 2007.
Thanks to my forever No1 WLQ.
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 10:03am
you beat me ejmaster
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 10:15am
WLQ!!  WLQ!!  FINALLY, AFTER A 3-YEAR DROUGHT, WLQ WINS ONE!!

WLQ--THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!!!
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 10:15am
Originally posted by SoWhySoSerious SoWhySoSerious wrote:

Wang Liqin-Ma Long:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU9LtYmhoEc

I have to say though, it was very close with him and Ma Long, a couple late net balls and edges in the 2nd and 6th games really made the difference for Wang Liqin. Ma Long could have easily won those 2nd and 6th games, it was just one edge point that ended up deciding it there. I guess when you have two champions that's all that it takes to decide the winner, a flip of the coin.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 11:06am

There are a lot of factors that can change the balance.

I still think Ma Long is the best player at present. When 3 - 1 games even Wlq kept as thinking (what is this?) in score 6-6 and 6-7. Ma Long reactions and dynamics are faster.

The match against Joo could change rythm to Ma long.

This time and lately wlq is playing very good in my opinion because he is moving better and seems with lot more control.

A guy like wlq who seems a greek god does not need power, he needs control because the power comes from his body. All that experimenting with carbon v1 and ludeack and so on didnt favour him.

When one has the control one gets more offensive. Wlq played comfortable and offensive and at the same time he moved more confident.

Even so he does not have the speed in reactions Ma Long has but this time control won the game. wlq stay as a rock having all the control. He even scored some receiving service points by a direct hit.

All the power coming from the body needs control.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
elmatif View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmatif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 11:44am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_ebB04ZZUQ
Wang Liqin-Xu Xin/Oh Sang Eun-Seo Hyun Deok
SET 1 - 2
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 11:48am
Originally posted by TBS9x TBS9x wrote:

By the way, if ITTF doesnt want all chinese finals or even semi-finals, then the only way is to limit the number of chinese players to 2-3 xD 
ITTF must care about the website ..
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by SoWhySoSerious SoWhySoSerious wrote:

Wang Liqin-Ma Long:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU9LtYmhoEc
Thanks for the vid SWSS.
WLQ's BH looks good and strong. In the beginning, He basically kept inviting Ma Long to open up with his BH and than smacked it with his FH from his BH corner. When Ma Long anticipated this, he made more BH down the line loops and blocks and bewildered Long a number of times. Great play from Liqin.
Long has one of the most devastating FH but he cannot live with Liqin's FH in this match.

655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
NoFootwork View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoFootwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 12:56pm
WLQ - YES!!!!!

That will teach the young grasshoppers from trying to snatch the pebble from the master's hand
Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

A guy like wlq who seems a greek god does not need power, he needs control because the power comes from his body. All that experimenting with carbon v1 and ludeack and so on didnt favour him.

IIRC he played well using Stiga V1, right now I have no idea what he's using except for the HK handle. It could be Nittaku Ludeack with HK handle.
To me Liqin seems to be in very good shape, congratulations to him.
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 1:14pm
There was something wrong with Ma Long. Either he was sick or had a cold. I saw him sniffing during his match vs WLQ. He was slow (according to his criteras...) and played poorly vs WLQ. Don't get me wrong. I praise WLQ and he deserves his victory, but in a normal day, I still believe he would loose agains Ma Long.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by jcdi jcdi wrote:

I saw him sniffing during his match vs WLQ

I was wondering about his sniffing too.
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 1:19pm
Oh, I forgot, is it me or don't you find the game in Doha is going much slower than last week in China when the guys where battling for WTTC qualification ? Looks like Ma was forcing his motions to get half speed he had last week...odd !
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
lild100 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lild100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 1:25pm
viktorovich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viktorovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 1:32pm
Blue Sponge - two victories !
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoWhySoSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 1:45pm

Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Sallom89 Sallom89 wrote:

I saw him sniffing during his match vs WLQ

I was wondering about his sniffing too.

Honestly, I believe that either Ma Long was sick and that threw him off, or he threw the game. I don't see any way he should have lost. Over the last nearly 2 years Ma Long is 14-1 against Wang Liqin, I just don't see him losing unless he was forced to by something.
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 3:43pm

Oh, I forgot, is it me or don't you find the game in Doha is going much slower than last week in China when the guys where battling for WTTC qualification ? Looks like Ma was forcing his motions to get half speed he had last week...odd !

The game is played by TWO players. Sometimes you need the other guy's cooperation to keep it fast paced. Xu Xin was playing ultra fast with Ma Long in the national team trials but I bet that didn't do him any good when he lost to that Korean guy in the 1st round. I think one of the reasons WLQ beat Ma Long is that he varied the pace and slowed down the game at times...
ocvillager View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocvillager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 5:07pm

Ma Long was definitely not at his best or usual touch. This is not an excuse for him but if you look right at the warm up. He mislooped alot. He looked tired and yes looks like he was ill or sleepy

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoWhySoSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 5:14pm
Wang Liqin Xu Xin-Ma Lin Wang Hao:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUyxOMwTbPI

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 5:56pm
Are you blind Jonan?.

Then watch the video Wang Liquin Ma long. That is the way Ma Long lost. Because this time Wlq played better than Ma Long. It is easy.

Assume that.  

EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
  Share Topic