Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

National Coach Wu Jingping on Chinese FH.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 3:26pm
Bump!

I nominate this for a sticky in Coaching! It's such an awesome translation.
Sponsored Links

racquetsforsale View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2010 at 11:41pm
KUDOS to all the patient and helpful translators for making this useful article available.

Did you guys have the help of online translators or did you guys manage it all on your own. If it's the latter, WOW! Clap
pipigrande View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipigrande Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2010 at 2:11pm
I just recently came to see this thread.

Totoro thank you very much sir. Really appreciate it. Kudos to you.

Same goes to PP-dui.
Acoustic
BH: T64
FH: BW2
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2010 at 9:54am
Originally posted by BMonkey BMonkey wrote:

Bump!

I nominate this for a sticky in Coaching! It's such an awesome translation.

and i second that nomination!!

thanks again to all the translators!!
TheRobot99 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2010 at 6:06pm
This is going to be a huge help in my game. I thank all that participated and third the nomination making this a sticky in Coaching.
Ross Leidy Custom, DHS Hurricane III Neos, Nittaku Nodias

Xiom Fuga, Globe 999 National 39, Nittaku Nodias

JOOLA Torre All+, DHS Hurricane II #19 Sponge, Galaxy Moon 38

PTTC VP - 2011-12
quocvinh727 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quocvinh727 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2011 at 4:39pm
wow!! thanks a lot!!!  just read it.  great article .. thanks for the translation!!!!!
newbie table tennis coach
llj000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote llj000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2012 at 1:45pm
Thanks opinari and Totoro for spending time translating it.  I'm looking forward to read more of it.  Even though it's the guide for penholders, it does benefit shakehanders like me as well :)

FireHorse

------------------------------------------------------------------

siulunglee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siulunglee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2012 at 11:59am
yeah.  it's lucky that I can read this article in Chinese, but certainly wish all of you can read it if you are a penhold fan.  Here just want to say I am really agree with coach Wu's insight and even my coach (who is a Chinese) is training me with a few of his detail.  Such as transfer of transfer center point of gravity, retract of forearm, hit point of the ball (plus rubber differences), turning on waist and re-train of footwork are all important, especially footwork.  

I believe this is not only for penhold.  It is good for handshake.  As what he use in training Ma Lin and Wang Hao, a lot of training is using the mid to long table loop that is used to train handshake player.  And as RPB becomes more popular, the way to play will become more like handshake in a lot of areas.
=============
Henry Lee
=============
Sword Hero #1 Blade
FH: TG3
BH: Sriver G3 FX
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2012 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by siulunglee siulunglee wrote:

yeah.  it's lucky that I can read this article in Chinese, but certainly wish all of you can read it if you are a penhold fan.  Here just want to say I am really agree with coach Wu's insight and even my coach (who is a Chinese) is training me with a few of his detail.  Such as transfer of transfer center point of gravity, retract of forearm, hit point of the ball (plus rubber differences), turning on waist and re-train of footwork are all important, especially footwork.  

I believe this is not only for penhold.  It is good for handshake.  As what he use in training Ma Lin and Wang Hao, a lot of training is using the mid to long table loop that is used to train handshake player.  And as RPB becomes more popular, the way to play will become more like handshake in a lot of areas.

yeah you are right

Penhold and Shakehand weight transfer, body movement, footwork is basically the same.
IMO a Penhold coach can also coach shakehand, but maybe not the other way around lol
The Shakehander View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2012 at 4:15pm
Just "BING" it, who says MS is evil?!?! Wink LOL

Tan Zheng Wu Jingping coach hand ball basics

Coach Wu Jingping, hand, points, pulled the ball

Editorial Board of the table tennis world for many bar I go to letters to the editor and the Internet anti-rubber game fans ' questions, they mainly want to know straight against basic principles and training methods of the rubber hand to pull the ball, particularly wanted to learn Marlin working on the explosion rushed. Many fans on hand to pull the ball for a technical discussion, express their views, and asked a lot of questions, some questions were very professional. After I read was very touched, and this, I feel like I have an obligation to put these years experiences in the training process of Ma Lin and Wang Hao's friends and fans communicate. Because of the different angles of our training, understanding is not necessarily the same of the hand to pull the ball, like training method means it is impossible. Therefore, I can from my friends my experience and training in the context of the Exchange, are for reference only.

Table tennis is basically a circular motion, hand and backhand the ball is in the athlete's body weight as the axis, body to body weight of links to RADIUS circular motion. Therefore, both the hand and the back-hand must be consistent with this principle, in this sense, working on the fundamentals of ball movement was a force pass.

Coach Wu Jingping articles are the basic points of the sphere (a)

Basic station: two leg open and shoulder of width for almost same, body slightly Qian pour, gravity in pre Palm, pulled ball Shi, body right go (to right hand for cases), gravity placed in right feet Shang, in go lumbar of process in the, with lumbar control big arm, right shoulder slightly end of, small arm natural sagging, with wrist control plate type, plate type Qian pour (thumb forced pressure live ball plate, index finger slightly relax, middle finger resisted ball plate), plate type Qian pour of angle due to to ball of rotating different and adjustment. Hitting the principle: when hit, to the right hand, for example, punches in the first leg, kick to the left, converting body weight from right foot to left foot, Exchange Center of gravity, body, body and hit the ball in the direction of orientation. Then punches on the waist, lumbar-led big arm, forearm pass, up the moment, shrinking forearm hard hitting. Mechanics principle of speaking, before hand to pull the ball, small angle between the arm and the arm, the smaller the better, this is the greater RADIUS, the larger the RADIUS, the greater the initial velocity, moment up sudden contraction of the forearm, RADIUS acquired smaller acceleration, speed and strength increase. When hitting, to small changes in the angle between the arm and the arm under the ball and hit the ball needs to be changed. Many players working on the ball often focus only on the forearm while ignoring turn waist, lumbar control arm-punch, or notice that a lumbar punch to drive the arm while ignoring your forearm, angle between the forearm and upper arm almost did not change or change very little. Summed up in hand to pull the ball four points should be noted: 1, attention must be focused exchange, before gravity and hit the ball in the direction of orientation. 2, always use waist control arm, is waist-punch, rather than arm-punch, note when you pull the ball legs, waist, arm, forearm, wrist force coordination. 3, hit the ball an instant must quickly shrink exerting force with forearm, wrist, forearm shrinking faster, strength will be issued. 4, ball points must be kept in the front right side of the body, hitting the points near the body more and easier it is to control the ball. A point worth noting is whatever the ball movement, must have and your own physical condition in line is unlikely to affect the actions of punches can be, there is no fixed action patterns. Other is in front of the ball, the ball must maintain a certain distance between the pad and the ball, willing to hit the ball as far as possible, and don't let the ball hit your Racquet, or is the distance between the balls and rackets are too small, easy ball with resist, your punches.

Coach Wu Jingping article structure, methods and techniques of hand to pull the ball (b)

Structural changes in the hand to pull the ball: for the majority of our amateur table tennis terms, mostly straight, with the development of table tennis technology, more and more straight people on anti-adhesive. Due to my anti-rubber play is from the bar is the rubber bar of evolution, in both its sense of play and training methods is to follow the straight path of positive photoresist and consciousness. Therefore, on the structure of the action was to close, small ball speed, faster swing speed as the guiding ideology. Training method rarely on hand to attack major strength ball training, more stressed the continuity between the action. For fans, that many amateur sports school training, if you want to change is on hand to pull the ball more easily. That is affecting my bar counter-rubber players are ball strength is not the main reason. I straight against rubber play players in recent years come to recognize the problem in training, therefore, MA Lin and Wang Hao in the training has changed the previous training methods, with special emphasis on hand to power lift training, put this issue straight against top gel play training for settlement. Awareness training in hand to pull the ball from the actions of small changes, speed, continuity is good to a large range of ball stretching, running, strength, good continuity. Underscored the power globe increase on the basis of the continuity and lethal, asked Ma Lin and Wang Hao in the usual footwork training increased the ball's force, practicing good strong cohesion after the ball. In actual of training in the I main used has made strongly pulled rushed from Taiwan issued of draw half high ball, requirements Marin and Wang Hao as with maximum of forces hitting, main training pulled ball Shi action of stretch sexual, and let they gradually habits made strongly pulled ball, master punches of skills, to leg, and lumbar, and big arm, and small arm, and wrist of punches coordination up, main stressed has lumbocrural of punches and body gravity of conversion. Was followed by a full punch drawing washed up on English training, addressing primarily the continuity after the punch punching and footwork to move. Through training, MA Lin and Wang Hao's hand to pull the ball has been greatly improved. Judging from the effects of competition, I think it was successful in this, which is also on the bar counter-plastic training breakthrough, breaking the stereotypes of bar plastic training models. For most amateurs, to increase the lethality of hand to pull the ball, would have to be some change in the consciousness of the past play, try to make some big strength ball training. Methods and techniques of hand ball: hand to pull the ball is a very complex technology, close to nearly pull the ball, drop ball, long ball, pull Top spin, Back spin, is near, anti-lift, pull half out of the pool, and so on. No matter how complex the ball, but it is the most important foundation is footwork. Footwork is good or bad, directly related to hand to pull the ball hits the size, strength and ball control. To be practicing good hand to pull the ball, you must practice good footwork. In this sense, is the biggest difference between professional athletes and amateur athletes, amateur athletes could not doing a lot of high intensity step like a professional athlete training. But one thing is the same, that's batting skills. As long as the best of the occasion, give full play to the existing condition, may also receive some results.

Below, I'd like to introduce you to some of the more practical methods and skills training: 1, adjust point draw: the flush draw is the bar counter-glue the most fundamental basic skills, pull down the English apart from the previously mentioned basic actions other than essentials, pay particular attention to the wrist. Impact is to wrist to rub the ball, hitting point in ball's upper-middle, wrist ball friction also depends on the strength of ball rotation when coupled with a certain degree of impact. Is that it is often said that again and again. Flush draw rotation ball to continuous friction with the impact of the weak, impact can be slightly greater than friction. Strong flush draw rotated the ball must be hitting the hard friction in your own strength offset to the ball's rotation of the ball. Impact important to pay particular attention to the ball forward to send the ball, not * power to hard-hit balls. This is what we always said to eat the ball, try to get the ball in the ball stays on the Board longer. This training ball, your ball will be more and more the feeling of a good, growing number of balls will slowly reach fluency. Methods of training, in the absence of multi-ball can draw the ball into opponent's backhand let each other rubbing a long ball to the side, and pull punches rushed the ball. Attention all out when you pull the ball flush, don't consider a cricket is able to control each other over. Is to let you control them. This training, your ball strength will increase. In how the ball's condition, can let the other draw to your sideways, fixed-point punch punching the ball. Hitting the ball to master a good time, they jumped to the highest point or drop the ball hitting the early is best. Batting time must be relatively fixed, so an easy-pull ball hits, good conditioning. Bounds sent forward a little more, on multiple networks under friction. In fixed-point drawing draw hundreds of cases, then placement of the ball to expand to fixed-point drawing punch and increasing difficulty of pulling the ball, ball's level will increase. 2, adjust point Top Spin: pull Topspin and Backspin is different, hitting the Top spin point is in the upper part of the ball, rubbing the ball than hit the ball, impact must be sent forward. Basic training methods like spiral down and robbed, only rotation of the ball is different, is the Top spin. Push block punches pulled sideways after punching the cricket, or the other you hand to punch after punch, practicing over and over again. There are many balls training conditions, can be made directly by the other Top spin to your hand and grab the Red sideways, placement can be from fixed to variable, and gradually increase the difficulty of hitting. 3, practicing good anti-lift: anti-lift is a high technology, particularly amateurs to master this technology as a duck, you can order the game initiative. Because the General's amateur athletes lift with hanging loop when pulled, you mastered the technique of reverse lift, you stood in more than one on a block level. Back lift of essentials, first to punch yourself, take each other as little as possible of the rotation, with a ball of their own strength to offset each other to ball spinning. Followed by the friction in the pull ball must be thin, friction top or even the top of the ball, both to take each other to the ball's rotation, but also their own friction ball punches. Exerting force with its own pull, hit more. Rotate more afraid of each other to touch the ball, the more easy to eat each other's rotation. Training methods, the other side draw to your hand, you push to the other side, the other high-hanging loop to your backhand, you pull sideways so that repetition, after possession against lift of the basic law, then expanded to pull all drop and not targeted against Taiwan. 4, nearly in hand loop: the technology is very advanced in defense technology, hard to master the technology, is gradually being introduced only in the late 90 's technology. Before that people working on the defense are blocking, take they rotated the ball out of the ball in the past, and key moments of the match is easy mistakes due to tensions, if not failure, anti-ball nor threats of the past, can easily be continuous attack each other. To the late 90 's, Chinese athletes pull on technologies used in defense, especially the bar counter-rubber game players more, accelerate the pace of change-over, had a good effect, Marlin is very prominent in the use of this technology. This technique requires the athlete to ball's judgement very fast, accurate, hands on feel of the ball is very high, because there are so many balls are in the case of loss of body weight, or are not in place, full * time to complete action on the players ' hands. I think that although amateurs can really grasp much of this technology, but already have a certain level of player can go give it a try, maybe you will have unexpected harvest. The key lies in having the right technical skills hitting time and force the wrist, hitting the ball as much as possible take off early (way up), when step really can't get the case, also hitting the ball just jumped up on. * Waist and wrists when hitting punch, ball top. When exposure to balls as to take each other to ball's force, while he punches to friction ball friction as possible thin, friction and thickness under the easy-NET, the friction moment of ball must be on the ball. Training method can be rubbed to draw each other's hand to let the other lift to your hand, and then hand to close fast. This practice will gradually master the basic methods of hitting, faster with each other from the loop to draw more skilled case, then push straight to allow each other to lift their hand to fast training with rotated through loop. That way, you'll grasp the hand to take in the defensive loop technology. This technology are the key points when you hit a certain friction ball to be thin, but be sure to take the initiative with the ball.

Coach Wu Jingping article considerations for hand ball (c)

Hand-pull ball notes: amateur when a practiced hand to pull the ball, should pay attention to grasp the following several points: 1, your forearms: working on the attention when you pull the ball forearm, large angle between the arm and forearm must be fixed, to be decided according to the ball swing arm size. But note that your forearm to use lumbar control. 2, turn waist: since table tennis is circular motion, hitting the waist in control is a very important link, racket when hitting back is not a back door handle with your hand, but go waist to complete lumbar fixation arm, Bend and Turn the speed is much faster than the handle. That is, before hitting swing arm is to go waist instead of handle. And we have a lot of fans in the game comes first and when door handle, do not know go waist, which frequently led to the lack of co-ordination of the body occurs when hitting the punch does not concentrate or effortless. 3, hitting: hitting the point's best position is in the front right side of the body (right hand, for example), to maintain the best batting position we must learn footwork, maintain a good body weight, level of gravity to be decided according to the ball. Often used by Marlin fell sideways and explosive punch is a last resort and, they rubbed the ball low and long, then it can no longer be restored, only how. Marin in pulling this ball when the center of gravity low, the highest but hitting a ball or drop early. Working on the point of hitting the ball hitting the footwork to move to their own decisions according to points of high and low. Generally is in declining intermediate and late phases of the ball hitting. 4, wrist use: when you pull the ball, wrist are relatively fixed, can't shake too large, middle finger against the ball plate for batting moments with friction ball. Also hitting the wrist also has moments of regulation, such as rotation of the ball when suddenly the ball than their expected to go * to adjust the wrist when batting strength and friction of the ball's parts. Is not in place and stand up to their own circumstances, * the waist and wrists to adjust the contact point. Especially in the game, rules are not very many ball, ball placement is your most uncomfortable place, this time * to adjust the wrist, wrist adjustment key * the thumb and middle finger to push to complete. Control in the second when the ball has to * wrists to complete, there are a lot of straight hanging wrist badly when the players hand to pull the ball, which affected the punch, under normal circumstances, on the wrists and forearms are almost in a straight line, ball plate at about 45 degrees and the angle between the wrists. 5, eat ball: we see a player drive is good or bad, is based mainly on whether to eat the ball when he pulled the ball. Eat ball is the ball in the ball stay on the Board long, instead of the ball touched the ball went out. To do drop the ball when the ball, they must each cricket initiative with friction ball, training usually takes as little as possible in softball

*dam...BING sucks...lol*

Edited by The Shakehander - 10/24/2012 at 4:19pm
racquetsforsale View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2012 at 4:42pm
Youtube's closed caption beta also yields hilarious results.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2012 at 10:48pm
My theory is that Shakehand has actually found a perfect translation of what Wu Jingping said.  So it's actually a very very long Zen koan, along the lines of "what is the sound of one hand clapping"*  If you actually come to understand it -- especially phrases like "particularly wanted to learn Marlin working on the explosion rushed",  you will have obtained table tennis enlightenment and along with it, the perfect forehand.  This is why so few have mastered that shot.

* Most of us figured out what that sound was when we were 13 or younger......LOL   

Edited by Baal - 10/25/2012 at 12:15am
Loop40mm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loop40mm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2012 at 11:06am

Is this the computer software translation from Chinese?  The choice of some words are quite advanced.  Some terms are literal translation.

pull the ball = loop

eat the ball = let the ball sink into the rubber

I have not figured out the Chinese equivalence for "explosion rushed", especially "rushed". 

Stiga Ebenholz NCT V

FH Tenergy 05

BH DHS Tin Arc 3

FireHorse View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2012 at 11:56am
I re-read this article again (in English translated by Totoro) and find that I still haven't done all what mentioned in the article for forehand loop.  And even though this article is for penholder, I believe that the same techniques applied to shakehand as well, and also it's good that coach Wu Jingping says something regarding amateur level which is very helpful for us to know what we can and cannot do.  And also something regarding European vs. Asian forehand loops because of rubbers' differences.  He also mentioned something interesting that we, the amateur, do the hybrid loop which we do not know if we have the Euro or Asian loops.

I find that I understand what he said more now than before.

FireHorse

Edited by FireHorse - 10/25/2012 at 11:57am
Current Setup:
Butterfly Primorac Carbon
FH: Andro Rassant Grip
BH: Andro Rassant PowerGrip
rick_ys_ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick_ys_ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2012 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Loop40mm Loop40mm wrote:

I have not figured out the Chinese equivalence for "explosion rushed", especially "rushed". 

爆冲

closet English translation I can think of is "power loop".

Loop40mm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loop40mm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2012 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by rick_ys_ho rick_ys_ho wrote:

Originally posted by Loop40mm Loop40mm wrote:

爆冲

closet English translation I can think of is "power loop".

Thanks. I think I have heard that term before.  It is not in my daily ping pong language. 
Stiga Ebenholz NCT V

FH Tenergy 05

BH DHS Tin Arc 3

khan_m_a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khan_m_a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2013 at 2:56am
Thanks for your hard work.
Very useful info
louisalice View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote louisalice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2013 at 5:16am
Thanks opinari and Totoro for spending time translating it
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2013 at 3:47am
i just read the translated article...it was very helpful!! thanks to opinari and totoro, very much appreciated

i have a question though.. the part were looping backspin and top spin was discussed. it mentioned there that when you loop backspin, you have to contact the ball in the top middle of the rubber, or 9-10 oclock part of the rubber, and when you loop topspins you have to contact the ball on the 12oclock part of the rubber. now that confused me a lot, because it really depends on how you look at your paddle to determine which part of it is 9-10 oclock or 12 oclock....
so to make it simple, im gonna ask:

if i look at the forehand side of my paddle and let it stand on its handle, so where is which?? where would "9oclock" or "12oclock" be located on the rubber?? i ask this questions because personally this is extremely important for my forehand loop. answers very much helpful and appreciated
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

HAPPINESS is....sometimes no words, just the sound of a ball
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 1:45am
bump
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 2:13am
The 9-10 o'clock and 12 o'clock is not talking about the the contact point of the rubber.
It is talking about the contact point of the ball.

Now the coach is talking about another player (hence he is looking at 9-10 o'clock)
If you were to look at the ball, while 3 'oclock is facing you and 12 is face up and 6 is facing down, you will need to contact between 2 - 3 o'clock of the ball.

Hope that makes senese?
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 2:33am
so you mean in looping underspins i have to hit the ball at its 9 oclock part?
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 2:36am
Originally posted by mrdoodzki mrdoodzki wrote:

so you mean in looping underspins i have to hit the ball at its 9 oclock part?

For the audience watching, it is 9 (if you are on the left and the opponent is on the right, you must contact at 9)

For you, depending how your clock starts, but it is the side facing u and hit in the centre of the ball.

V-Griper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V-Griper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 6:31am
It's a little more about when to hit the ball in terms of how we, in the west would say it. He is basically saying just after top of bounce. You want the ball to fall a little bit but not too far and you don't won't to hit it at top of bounce or before. Those are different shots. How you hit the ball is somewhat dependent on where the ball is during it's trajectory.
DHS 301
Xiom Vega 7pro FH/BH
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 6:34am
Yeah, V-Griper, you are right

Mrdoodzki,
What is your query, is just the "o'clock" numbers?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 6:38am
In that part he is basically saying to open up your blade angle when loopoing underspin compared to counterlooping topspin.   
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 7:35am
funny coz i thought he meant part of the rubber...i applied it yesterday night in the club. i looped every underspin with the 9 oclock part of my rubber (meaning the left-middle part of the rubber, by the way im right handed) and i actually thought my looping of underspin was better and with less effort... in fact looping from oponent's side spin and underspin serves became so much easier
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

DeadmAn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeadmAn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2014 at 5:14pm
That's very useful.
It's hard to translate in English for me....
729 FX View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 729 FX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2016 at 3:27am
Good translation for those who doesn't understand Chinese.
Bfly Senkoh 1-ply-DHS Hurricane 3 Neo/Yinhe Pluto
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic