Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - L-sized Acoustic  vs Tenor vs Schlager  FL Pics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

L-sized Acoustic vs Tenor vs Schlager FL Pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: L-sized Acoustic vs Tenor vs Schlager FL Pics
    Posted: 05/15/2010 at 5:01am
The heaviest Acoustic L-sized FL available at ttatoz.com when I buy it 2 weeks ago. Mr Park says it's 92.7 gr, but when I weight it, it's 95.7 gr which is good actually Wink.
Compare to my previous Acoustic L-sized FL which I sold it to Doraemon which weight 92 gr, the 95.7 gr is faster and harder.

The FL handle is the nicest I've tried, better than Tenor FL. Tenor FL is wider but slimmer. The Acoustic FL L-sized is narrower but thicker. Compare to Schlager FL, Acoustic FL L-sized handle is thicker and wider.

By far the most comfortable and biggest FL handle for my hand, as if it's custom made for my hand Big%20smile

Here are the Pictures:

Tenor is longer than Acoustic

Left one is Acoustic

Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Sponsored Links

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2010 at 5:09am
Peter,nice post!See,the newer Acoustics come with different ly finished outer veneers.I compared some images of these blades from older threads.
L-Acostic looks very nice.Very tempting again.
Be right back...
Please email to me if pm box is full.Later...
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2010 at 5:15am
Holda, Between L-sized Acoustic and Tenor, L-sized Acoustic is better.
My L-sized Acoustic weight 95.7 gr while Tenor only 93.1 gr. Tenor head size is bigger.
If normal hit Tenor is faster but feels mushier than Acoustic. If you hit hard Acoustic is more solid than Tenor, it feels crispier too.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2010 at 5:27am
I know,the head size of Acoustic is smaller,that is why it feels stiffer.I got a tensor on a BH side of my Tenor and 1.9 mm Bryce speed.I plan to replace it with a sheet of black Darker on a blue sponge.That should make a monster FH,but I suspect it might become too bouncy for me.
Peter,you gotta try this sheet.Look for it at ttnpp.com.It has to be black sheet/blue sponge.
Be right back...
Please email to me if pm box is full.Later...
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2010 at 11:48am
Originally posted by holda holda wrote:

I know,the head size of Acoustic is smaller,that is why it feels stiffer.I got a tensor on a BH side of my Tenor and 1.9 mm Bryce speed.I plan to replace it with a sheet of black Darker on a blue sponge.That should make a monster FH,but I suspect it might become too bouncy for me.
Peter,you gotta try this sheet.Look for it at ttnpp.com.It has to be black sheet/blue sponge.

Not sure about the Darker blue sponge. It's not original made by Darker Japan.
The only Darker rubbers in the 2010 catalog are Provine and Spalbird.

You seems don't like H3 on Forehand. You can tune H3 provincial or National 41 deg with baby oil. Wait after the tune effect gone, it will become faster than before tune, the hardness will goes back to normal.
For me Acoustic suits 41 deg H3 while Violin suits 40 deg H3.

Btw I'm get used to ALC. My Loop is much faster with H3 than with Violin/Acoustic. Feeling is good for composite, very good for looping, suits chinese rubber well Wink
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2010 at 3:41pm
well peter, if your tb alc st is a good one (right weight range and stiffness) in my experience i like it more than the acoustic or violin.

in fact it is one of my main set ups i am better able to score with. i have also the st handle. Very good handle.

of course, t05 in fh plays also perfect.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2010 at 5:02pm
Ah... the Acoustic L-size FL... a thing of utter beauty.

I smacked mine against a table playing doubles the other day and managed to tear a decent sized chunk out of it. I almost committed seppuku right there on the spot.

Fortunately, I can fix it with a bit of wood putty. However, putting such a substance on such a piece of art feels like heresy. Like coloring in a scratch on the Mona Lisa with a Sharpie marker. Dead

I ordered a second (back up) Acoustic L-size FL from Nexy.com. I guess it's kind of good--now I have a blade that I'm not constantly worried about injuring, and I have another one waiting for me for when I'm good enough to stop hitting the table.

I have a Tenor FL for back up, too, but I don't like the balance or the handle as much as the Acoustic L-size. The Tenor is still a great blade, but it's definitively not the Acoustic.

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2010 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

well peter, if your tb alc st is a good one (right weight range and stiffness) in my experience i like it more than the acoustic or violin.

in fact it is one of my main set ups i am better able to score with. i have also the st handle. Very good handle.

of course, t05 in fh plays also perfect.

What is your weight of your ALC? Mine is 94 gr which is rather heavy.
Yes I don't expect ALC to be so good Big%20smile
If it's vibrates like Acoustic or Violin then it will be a perfect blade.

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2010 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

I ordered a second (back up) Acoustic L-size FL from Nexy.com. I guess it's kind of good--now I have a blade that I'm not constantly worried about injuring, and I have another one waiting for me for when I'm good enough to stop hitting the table.

When I start playing table tennis, I have a bad habit which I can't stop hitting the table. Mostly when pushing or chopping.
But now I seldom hit the table, if do, it's not seriously damaged and can be fixed with just pouring it with water and pressing it back to normal shape.

Anton, Have you tried Spin Art on Acoustic? How it's compared to Provincial Neo H3?

Now you can use your acoustic L-sized without worrying to hit the table since you have a back up Wink
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2010 at 12:59am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

Anton, Have you tried Spin Art on Acoustic? How it's compared to Provincial Neo H3?

I did try Spin Art on my Acoustic, and personally I preferred it over Provincial H3. However, I should add the caveat that I only used Spin Art for two weeks. I cannot give any valid estimation of its durability. It could be durable, it could not be.

Honestly though, I was seduced by Tenergy 05. Nothing has as large a speed-to-spin ratio. That is, there are faster rubbers, and there are more spinny rubbers... but none of them are both as fast and as spinny as Tenergy 05, IMO. Yet, I'm starting to wonder if Tenergy is still over my head. My great shots are even greater, but my bad shots are more frequent. I'm missing the control of Spin Art (and other Chinese rubbers), but I love the slightly softer feel of Tenergy (and other Jap/Euro rubbers).

I may soon break my "heart" in the HEART club... I think. The Donic Coppa Platin has been manifesting some annoying yet consistent anomalies and, as I said, I'm not sure if I'm yet capable enough to tame Tenergy. I'm looking at downgrading to some Bryce FX on both sides, or perhaps going back to Spin Art on my forehand.

I'd be happy to hear your suggestions... Big%20smile

tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2010 at 1:18am
Anton, I was going through the same issue with my Acoustic few months back. All my loop were crazy, but I got many more unforced-errors as well. Currently, I switched to Bryce Speed FX on FH. Even though it does not provide much spin as T05, but it gives me more feel for the ball. My game was better with better control (less unforced-errors as well).

You should give Bryce Speed FX a try. Wink
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2010 at 1:26am
Thanks tdragon. That's encouraging to hear. I really liked the control and spin I got with Spin Art, but the feel of Tenergy is so nice. Hopefully Bryce FX will give me a decent balance of both.
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2010 at 1:31am
Bryce FX does not work well with Acoustic without glue. But Bryce Speed FX would give you the glue feel with more speed. I tried Bryce FX, but was disappointed
BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2010 at 2:08am
Originally posted by tdragon tdragon wrote:

Bryce FX does not work well with Acoustic without glue. But Bryce Speed FX would give you the glue feel with more speed. I tried Bryce FX, but was disappointed
Disappointed with it on Acoustic? Or just disappointed with it in general? I play with it on my BH and think it works great for more controlled BH play.
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2010 at 2:19am
Originally posted by BMonkey BMonkey wrote:

Originally posted by tdragon tdragon wrote:

Disappointed with it on Acoustic? Or just disappointed with it in general? I play with it on my BH and think it works great for more controlled BH play.
Bryce FX works ok on BH, but not great. Without glue, it could be a good rubber for smashing, block, but it is lack of feel and pull for aggressive loop drive. If you like bryce fx for your BH, then you should try Palio Macro ERA (42 degree MAX). It would give you even better game for your BH.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2010 at 2:33am
I've toyed around recently with Bryce FX on my backhand. It is much slower than anything I've ever used. However, something I love about it is its predictability. Other tensors have given me many "WTF?!" moments, wherein my mistakes were a total mystery to me. Yet, with Bryce FX, even though it's neither terribly fast or spinny, it is extremely predictable. As long as I focus on my shots, I don't make as many mistakes... and when I do, I understand why. It's a huge trade off--total predictability for speed and spin. I have a sheet of Bryce Speed FX to try. Perhaps it will bridge the gap.

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2010 at 8:02am

peter79, the tb alc st is 92 gr. And it is stiffer but softer and more weight than another tb alc fl i have.

The st one is awsome. The fl one, i do not like it. The fl one feels less solid, more flex and harder touch.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2010 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

I did try Spin Art on my Acoustic, and personally I preferred it over Provincial H3. However, I should add the caveat that I only used Spin Art for two weeks. I cannot give any valid estimation of its durability. It could be durable, it could not be.

Honestly though, I was seduced by Tenergy 05. Nothing has as large a speed-to-spin ratio. That is, there are faster rubbers, and there are more spinny rubbers... but none of them are both as fast and as spinny as Tenergy 05, IMO. Yet, I'm starting to wonder if Tenergy is still over my head. My great shots are even greater, but my bad shots are more frequent. I'm missing the control of Spin Art (and other Chinese rubbers), but I love the slightly softer feel of Tenergy (and other Jap/Euro rubbers).

I may soon break my "heart" in the HEART club... I think. The Donic Coppa Platin has been manifesting some annoying yet consistent anomalies and, as I said, I'm not sure if I'm yet capable enough to tame Tenergy. I'm looking at downgrading to some Bryce FX on both sides, or perhaps going back to Spin Art on my forehand.

I'd be happy to hear your suggestions... Big%20smile

Anton, I prefer Tenergy 05 on BH more than on FH.
I'm confused to choose between T05, T64, Hexer or Roxon 500 Pro on BH.

T05 has the most balanced spin speed ratio as you says, but I found it sensitive to spin.

T64 is faster but has less spin than T05, it feels softer too, It might not too suitable for Acoustic which has soft feel.

Hexer is the slowest among those 4 rubbers, it has a bit Chinese feel, very good on return serve and short game, but must use more power to loop from mid distance.

Roxon 500
pro has the best feel, I like tensor feel, it's the hardest tensor I've tried, very nice to block with Roxon 500 pro, not too sensitive with incoming spin. But I must buy the new red color since mine is black.

Meanwhile on Forehand, I'll use Spin Art which is available in Indonesia next month.

If you compared T05 vs H3 Provincial 40 deg vs Spin Art in terms of hardness, which is the hardess?
Is it H3 Provincial>Spin Art>T05?

I like harder rubber on softer blade like Acoustic. So if you like soft rubber maybe my suggestion of rubber doesn't suits you well Wink

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2010 at 10:04am
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

peter79, the tb alc st is 92 gr. And it is stiffer but softer and more weight than another tb alc fl i have.

The st one is awsome. The fl one, i do not like it. The fl one feels less solid, more flex and harder touch.

92 Gr is ideal I think, 94 gr is abit heavy.
I'm thinking of getting the 92 gr ST for a back up Wink

Yes the ST handle is bigger than Mizutani ST, but I like Acoustic/Violin ST L-sized handle more, it's bigger and not so boxy and sharp, more rounded.

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

eecrive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eecrive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2010 at 3:19am
this is really strange... looking at your pics seems that acoustic and tenor have the same thickness.... i thought acoustic was thinner in the ORIGINAL version.
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2010 at 3:26am
Originally posted by eecrive eecrive wrote:

this is really strange... looking at your pics seems that acoustic and tenor have the same thickness.... i thought acoustic was thinner in the ORIGINAL version.

Acoustic is about 5.7 mm
Tenor is about 6.0 mm
So it's only 0.3 mm difference.

You can see the 0.3 mm difference in this picture:

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

eecrive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eecrive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2010 at 3:46am
i really need glasses then... ;) btw i just ordered Lsize acoustic ST.. hope will arrive soon
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2010 at 3:57am
Just checked tak9.com, no more L-sized ST left, so you'e the one who bought it :)
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

eecrive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eecrive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2010 at 3:58am
bought from nexy
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2010 at 4:04am
It's the same Nexy or tak9
Nexy is the english website of tak9.com
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

eecrive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eecrive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2010 at 7:58am
ok, thanks.. hope to find good matching rubbers now.. will try with Genius first..
RayChow View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayChow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2010 at 2:49am
Dear Peter79,
For your Schlager carbon, do you mind post the photo of tamca5000 round crystal len side for my reference? I think it is different from the previous design which is a classic butterfly logo. 
For this Serial # starting with I0XXXXX, I felt that the handle was a bit slimmer compare to # starting with J0XXXX or even old version.
Thank you.
W.Schlager-FL
FH:Bryce Speed 2.1
BH:Sriver-L 2.1
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2010 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by RayChow RayChow wrote:

Dear Peter79,
For your Schlager carbon, do you mind post the photo of tamca5000 round crystal len side for my reference? I think it is different from the previous design which is a classic butterfly logo. 
For this Serial # starting with I0XXXXX, I felt that the handle was a bit slimmer compare to # starting with J0XXXX or even old version.
Thank you.

I've checked the round plastic lens. It's still the classic butterfly logo.
I have the old generation which I trade it with old Nittaku 1 Ply hinoki.
The handle is about the same, otherwise I would notice it.
The difference between the oldest version and the current version is the oldest version seems to use american yellowish hinoki. The current version hinoki is whiter.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

RayChow View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayChow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2010 at 9:13pm
peter79, if you have the chance to get the new round plastic lens' type SC. It should be a handle size different from what SC that we're using right now. It looks like this:
W.Schlager-FL
FH:Bryce Speed 2.1
BH:Sriver-L 2.1
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2010 at 9:37pm
so, is that round lens from PC or SC?  Does Older SC w/o serial nos. have different kinda lens from this one?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic