Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - blade design in Nexy!! - SPEAR - testers Selected
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

blade design in Nexy!! - SPEAR - testers Selected

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
addoydude View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addoydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2010 at 11:41am
Nexy, I use Xiom Aria shakehand. The composition of Spear will be the same as Xiom Aria, except for the different thicknesses of the plies. I'd be willing to review the Spear and compare it directly with Aria. I must say I love the Aria and think it is a very versatile and capable blade. Frankly I don't think Spear will be better than the Aria, but I'm willing to be convinced otherwise. :)
Sponsored Links

Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2010 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by addoydude addoydude wrote:

Nexy, I use Xiom Aria shakehand. The composition of Spear will be the same as Xiom Aria, except for the different thicknesses of the plies. I'd be willing to review the Spear and compare it directly with Aria. I must say I love the Aria and think it is a very versatile and capable blade. Frankly I don't think Spear will be better than the Aria, but I'm willing to be convinced otherwise. :)

I heard Aria is good. You like it, then play it. Why other blade?
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2010 at 9:37pm
Today, I will post Spear on www.nexy.com.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2010 at 12:09am
It is there already but can't order. it doesn't go to the cart. Problem ?
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
addoydude View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addoydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2010 at 2:50am
Originally posted by Nexy Nexy wrote:

Originally posted by addoydude addoydude wrote:

I heard Aria is good. You like it, then play it. Why other blade?

I'm keeping an open mind. If something is an improvement over Aria I'm interested to test it. I need some new Vega rubbers anyway. So if you pick me to test Spear, i'll buy the Vegas from you. What do you think?
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2010 at 4:19am
Personally I know the designer of Aria and I showed my Spear to him recently.
He told me that my Spear looks that I made what I really like, and he liked it much.
Thank you for applying here.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2010 at 6:04am
Originally posted by jcdi jcdi wrote:

It is there already but can't order. it doesn't go to the cart. Problem ?

I checked and could not find problem there.
Please check it again. Thank you!
Brand Manager of NEXY
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2010 at 6:11am

You are right, no more problem. The blade is mine ! Muoaaaaaaaaaa !

Any chance to have serial nr 1 put on it ?
Just kidding....
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2010 at 7:06am
Hey Nexy,

Firstly I have to say the blade looks magnificent! (Edit: So does the shirts, especially the orange.)
If you would ever set up a Nexy-team to promote it in The Netherlands, id surely want to help on that. Maybe Karabijntje and me can co-operate.

I would like to apply to testing the spear aswell, im a trainer/coach.
I tried out alot of frames/rubbers myself, for myself the blade might not be what im searching for. Why I would like to test it then? Well for the simple fact, I advise the players at my club whats best for them, I dont want to put them in pricey TBS etc right away.

Im also a main team captain of my club, I know when its my technique not reaching full potential, or when the blade/rubbers is working against me.

I would love to review this blade and will put all the pro's and con's in a list, then review it vs some other blades I used. I used a wide variety like previously mentioned. Going from All- up to Off+.

Im looking forward to ur reply, whether its positive or not, im impressed :)

Yours Sincerely,

Johan Thomassen
Blade: Viscaria
FH: Dignics 05 2.1
BH: ABS 2 pro
rawrtje View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rawrtje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2010 at 12:16pm

C-pen player is also intersting.
What kind of C-pen blade did you like most before?

Mr. Moon,

I like my 729 Bomb the most so far! It has a nice amount of dwell, but the cork core also allows for power further out. My second favorite is the Galaxy W6. The increased dwell time was wonderful for close-to-the-table looping, but it was much too weak farther from the table with non-glued rubbers.
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2010 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by rawrtje rawrtje wrote:

C-pen player is also intersting.
What kind of C-pen blade did you like most before?

Mr. Moon,

I like my 729 Bomb the most so far! It has a nice amount of dwell, but the cork core also allows for power further out. My second favorite is the Galaxy W6. The increased dwell time was wonderful for close-to-the-table looping, but it was much too weak farther from the table with non-glued rubbers.

In Korean market, there are lots of C-Pen players.
And I sold out lots of C-pen Dexter and Oscar.

C-pen has different needs from normal shake hand blades, but it seems only a few brand knows it.

If you can meet my C-pen SPEAR, you will know what I mean.
I hope you can have a good chance with this.
Good Luck!!
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2010 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Thomasson Thomasson wrote:

Hey Nexy,

Firstly I have to say the blade looks magnificent! (Edit: So does the shirts, especially the orange.)
If you would ever set up a Nexy-team to promote it in The Netherlands, id surely want to help on that. Maybe Karabijntje and me can co-operate.

I would like to apply to testing the spear aswell, im a trainer/coach.
I tried out alot of frames/rubbers myself, for myself the blade might not be what im searching for. Why I would like to test it then? Well for the simple fact, I advise the players at my club whats best for them, I dont want to put them in pricey TBS etc right away.

Im also a main team captain of my club, I know when its my technique not reaching full potential, or when the blade/rubbers is working against me.

I would love to review this blade and will put all the pro's and con's in a list, then review it vs some other blades I used. I used a wide variety like previously mentioned. Going from All- up to Off+.

Im looking forward to ur reply, whether its positive or not, im impressed :)

Yours Sincerely,

Johan Thomassen
Thank you for the warm comment.
Good luck to you, and to Nexy!!
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2010 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by jcdi jcdi wrote:

You are right, no more problem. The blade is mine ! Muoaaaaaaaaaa !

Any chance to have serial nr 1 put on it ?
Just kidding....
I hope you like it.
If you want, then I can carve in no1.   ~~ Kidding again.

By the way, SPEAR will be sealed.
It will be very thin and light sealing, and you will not feel any discomfort from it.

Brand Manager of NEXY
bleachfan92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleachfan92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2010 at 11:56am
Mr Moon
I like your blades alot.
I do not play shakehand so I am not trying to apply for the free blade here. But I play J-pen. I am very interested in blade making. I made few blades by myself before. If you allow, please let me post some pictures for your comment.

Thank you very much.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2010 at 1:57pm
@Bleachfan92
I'd say/suggest that you please post these pics. of your handmade blades in your own topic/post, for us ALL to enjoy....
I believe this topic was started by Nexy to show us his new offerings we so far enjoy very much.
Also, these back & forth comments, mostly good ones, serve to sort of promote his new Nexy line of blades.
I must say Color & Spear are quite amazing.
kelvinyoong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinyoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2010 at 7:04pm
Color had great reviews. I am sure Spear will perform just as well or better.

Can't wait for Spear to come out with a AN handle model.
Andrzej Grubba AN
Sriver 2.1 Sriver 1.9
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2010 at 12:52am
Originally posted by bleachfan92 bleachfan92 wrote:

Mr Moon
I like your blades alot.
I do not play shakehand so I am not trying to apply for the free blade here. But I play J-pen. I am very interested in blade making. I made few blades by myself before. If you allow, please let me post some pictures for your comment.

Thank you very much.

Welcome, and please make this place flourish with what you've gone through. !!
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2010 at 12:54am
Originally posted by kelvinyoong kelvinyoong wrote:

Color had great reviews. I am sure Spear will perform just as well or better.Can't wait for Spear to come out with a AN handle model.

oh, it will take some time.
I need to work on lissom, labyrinthos, laurel, and after those three blades are done then I will work on an of spear.
Any way I will try to make it sooner.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2010 at 8:29am
It doesn't surprise me that the Oscar and Dexter are selling well as C-pens; as I know my C-pen Chinese friends also liked them too.

Of the three Nexy blades I've played with, the Nexy Dexter is the one that's getting the playing time, as I like it's linear nature and I play a better overall game with it; than I do with either the Oscar or Color.

Whilst I can appreciate the benefits of the non linear nature of the Oscar and Color in the short game; the simple truth is I learnt to play the game with a 5 ply wooden blade and hence why I prefer playing with a linear blade.

Regarding the Spear, I would expect that to be linear in performance, like the Dexter and therefore one that catch's my attention.

I'll be interested to hear BH-man's comments after he's tested it.

If you'd like me to test the Spear and compare it to the Oscar, Color or Dexter; then I'm happy to do so.

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2010 at 10:11pm
Funny you mention that Peter C, I head out to the subway station in a few hours to ride (for two hours each way, and it is only 25 miles each way) to Nexy Headquarters to check out the Sprear and whatever else Pr. Nexy has set up for me. I had duty yesterday and all I could manage so far today was a couple hours sleep. Hope that doesn't make me play like crap. I want to be able to keep it on the table with my pace and spin. Hope I can get enough of an idea with a short hit. I don't expect to be there for hours, he has a family and it will be late afternoon when I show up. I will definately use the TBS you gave me years ago as a benchmark.  Looking forward to the Oscar as well, kinda sounds up my alley. Unless Nexy already has some SGE rubbers on the SPEAR, then I got some Outlaw and 999 ready to slap on it and have a go at it. I have used those rubbers for a year straight and know their feel, so they are fair to use for the tryout.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Heimdallalso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2010 at 10:27pm
^ Wow... have a blast.
It's good to be BH-Man!Thumbs%20Up

Look forward to hearing about it.
Can you take any pictures?
...anything will do!
NEXY Lissom st 85g
fh/ Andro Impuls Speed max
bh/ Palio Flying Dragon 1.8
karabijntje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karabijntje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2010 at 4:32am
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

Hey karabijnte, I operate a TBS with T05/Outlaw and am drooling to findout how Spear will roll with Outlaw/999 rubbers I have used the last year. I get a chance to test drive the Spear in a few days (at NEXY HQ) and the TBS will certainly be a comparison benchmark. I sure hope it is crisp and solid like the TBS and NOT too bouncy, like the Galaxy T-Series.

Looking forward to your findings, i'm very curious. I play quite some time with my TBS now, but i'm thinking more and more to go back to an all wood blade lately. Just to have better feedback and a lower gear. We'll see, I have some spare time soon, summer stop Cry
* TBS - Color - Spear - Virtuoso+
* Vega Pro / Europe
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2010 at 5:39am

6 testers were selected.

Hello, everyone....

I finally made a decision.
I thought I would wait more to meet more application, but I think it would not be easy to say no to more people.

So, I selected this 6 applicants.

karabijntje

mmerkel

rawrtje

Heimdallalso

Thomasson

Peter C

I promised to select only 5, so I thought I would select 5, but then again, I chose one more tester who would be able to compare this blade with other blades, so Peter C was selected in the last time.

I feel very sorry for some others who could not be selected.

But please, don't be dissapointed at all.
I will run this kind of campaign periodically.
So, I think you will have some other chance soon.

By the way, those 6 applicants need to follow the below condition I posted in the upper writing.
So, please, make an order for something in my site, www.nexy.com
And please leave a note that who you are in mytt, and what handle of SPEAR you want.

Regarding weight, you just write what weight you like, but I can not gaurantee exact weight. Anyway, I will try to suit your weight expectation.

Congratulation, 6 applicants.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. The free blade will go to an applicant, only when he orders something in my www.nexy.com site. I think I will go on this program here, and I don't want to pay test samples and delivery, too. So, every person needs to know that I will send free sample only together with something ordered in my site.

5. If the tester receives a blade, then he needs to write a decent review, and I will think that the tester agrees that I can make use of that written article for my advertisement puporses, for an example, I can copy and post that content in my web site or in other community sites for referrances for other people.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all the applicants once again.
I hope you would give me good insights for all of the works I'm doing.

Thank you again.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2010 at 6:07am
Thanks for picking me as a reviewer.
I hope I can furfill ur expectations.

I will make an order later today, I think I will order that orange shirt u posted. If u want u could make some link to ur website on the back or w/e.

So I can advertise Nexy.com and the Nexy Brand in general.

My preferred blade would be:

Weight: 86-88 gram
Handle: ST

[email protected]

The AIR rubbers, also looking forward to test them.
Are they in Max Thickness (I prefer MAX) and what can I compare them to?

Then two more questions, sorry for the trouble.
The shirts, what size is comparable to Butterfly M sized shirts?  (Found it)
Lastly the Hurricane H3 No.19 sponge is not the blue sponge is it?

Regards,

Johan Thomassen

rossicarbon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2010 at 6:08am

6 testers were selected.

Hello, everyone....

I finally made a decision.
I thought I would wait more to meet more application, but I think it would not be easy to say no to more people.

So, I selected this 6 applicants.

karabijntje

mmerkel

rawrtje

Heimdallalso

Thomasson

Peter C

I promised to select only 5, so I thought I would select 5, but then again, I chose one more tester who would be able to compare this blade with other blades, so Peter C was selected in the last time.

I feel very sorry for some others who could not be selected.

But please, don't be dissapointed at all.
I will run this kind of campaign periodically.
So, I think you will have some other chance soon.

By the way, those 6 applicants need to follow the below condition I posted in the upper writing.
So, please, make an order for something in my site, www.nexy.com
And please leave a note that who you are in mytt, and what handle of SPEAR you want.

Regarding weight, you just write what weight you like, but I can not gaurantee exact weight. Anyway, I will try to suit your weight expectation.

Congratulation, 6 applicants.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. The free blade will go to an applicant, only when he orders something in my www.nexy.com site. I think I will go on this program here, and I don't want to pay test samples and delivery, too. So, every person needs to know that I will send free sample only together with something ordered in my site.

5. If the tester receives a blade, then he needs to write a decent review, and I will think that the tester agrees that I can make use of that written article for my advertisement puporses, for an example, I can copy and post that content in my web site or in other community sites for referrances for other people.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all the applicants once again.
I hope you would give me good insights for all of the works I'm doing.

Thank you again.

the quality of all the blades are excellent... hopefully this nexy spear will be similar to the clipper....
mmerkel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmerkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2010 at 6:36am
Nexy,
thank you very much for your selection. I will do my best to give a review that does your blade justice.
I will put the details for the blade in the comments of my order on your web site.
#1 RL Balance -Bluefire M2 -Acuda S2
#2 RL Avalanche#2 -Bluefire M2 -Sigma Europe
#3 Primorac -Boost TP -Magna TC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karabijntje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2010 at 7:21am
Thanks very much Nexy, you just made me really happy. I think I'll order a Nexy Color along, so i can compare both. Would be great if i can get them both in the same weight, around 88g. (Is there a weight difference between spear and color btw, on average?)

I'm going for FL again, after trying out ST for a year or so, I "grew up"with FL and it just feels more natural to me, altough I like ST handles too.
* Vega Pro / Europe

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karabijntje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2010 at 8:48am
So, maybe some of us can throw in some rubber suggestions for SPEAR...
* Vega Pro / Europe
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2010 at 8:57am
For the review I would advise the rubbers ur playing with currently, then you can A: Compare it with TBS and B: Know when its the blade or when its the rubbers when you do something good or bad.
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2010 at 10:59am
Originally posted by mmerkel mmerkel wrote:

Nexy,
thank you very much for your selection. I will do my best to give a review that does your blade justice.
I will put the details for the blade in the comments of my order on your web site.
Dear Mmerkel,

I received your order.
By the way, to my sorry, I did not have air in my stock yet.
I'm not sure when I can have them.
So, if it's ok, I will send Spear first, and I will give you one rubber any time later when you order.

Just leave a note that I owe one ari rubber, then I will send that rubber to you together with your next order.

Sorry for this news.

I hope you can enjoy the blade.!!
Brand Manager of NEXY
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic