FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Giant Dragon V/C-6L short Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Giant Dragon V/C-6L short Review
    Posted: 07/09/2010 at 7:23pm
Blade: Giant Dragon V/C-6L (don't know what the name stands for)
Type: Shakehand, Arylate Carbon, Conical handle (that looks like FL with WRB!!!)
Rubbers: H3 commercial and T05

This is first of the Giant Dragon Blades that I am testing. This one interested me because 1) I like A/C and 2) this blade is made up of five ply wood and two A/C layers. Very nice material, nice quality wood. The construction is Koto-A/C-Ayous-Kiri-Ayous-A/c-Koto. Only about 5-5.4mm thick even with 7ply. The blade out of the box looks very unfinished. Things are sticking out from the A/C layers.
I hated the handle with the ugle colors, design, and feel. Too ugly. Why the WRB??? It's is very easy though to take the whole handle off and insert your own.

The blade plays very much like a stiff 5 ply with a lot of speed and spin. I would say that it's just like a stiff, crisp faster Primorac. It takes just little to get use to on blocking. Stiff, the blade can produce a very high arc. Very easy to produce spin with this blade. It reminds me of Offensive Classic at this department. It has very good control on loops and short games. This is a looper's blade, make no mistake about it.It's not the ideal blade for Chinese style based on speed. What's wonderful with it is that you can open and counter with topspin easy. The thinner blade and hard top ply give the ball a really good kick. However, this is not an allround blade for those who want speed on blocks and flat hits. A modern chopper can use this blade if suitable lp can be found. I would think T64 is best for this blade.

In short, throw the handle away and you have a great blade. A nice, unusual, and thin 7ply A/C blade.

Edited by thethinker - 07/09/2010 at 7:26pm
Sponsored Links

Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2010 at 1:00am
Thanks for the review.What's the weight?
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2010 at 2:42pm
I don't have a scale but I estimate it to be around the low 80grs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic