Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexy Lissom reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2010 at 2:46am
Aw Mr.Moon u forgot to put the value of the package on it.

I had to fill in a form now and I hope they will send it to me without any further cost.

Regards
Blade: TB ALC
FH: Tenergy05 2.1
BH: Tenergy64 1.7
Sponsored Links

tompy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tompy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2010 at 3:26am
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Well, I specifically asked for 88 g since that is my preferred weight - and I got exactly that.

I should have put it different; I remembered you asked for a heavier one. I attended to it because you where comparing with Rawrtje without mentioning this difference.
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2010 at 1:58pm
Received mine today. (Thanx Nexy) Marked as 85 gr. 

Decent build quality. Squarish ST handle feels very good. (22.6 x 28.8mm). Thickness is ~5.7-5.8mm. Will hit with it on Friday or maybe tomorrow.

Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2010 at 2:18pm

Sorry for the missing note on the parcel.

But normally we write something helps to get no tax.
I don't know where my people put that writing on the box, maybe on the sticker of delivery information.
Any way, if it's not written there, it must me a mistake.

Edited by Nexy - 09/15/2010 at 3:55pm
Brand Manager of NEXY
kanaping View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kanaping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2010 at 3:41pm
since i own a lissom, i'll give you my  impression after the 1st training.
Blade finish is nice but it would have been nice if the sharp edges near the handle were sanded (I've done it anyway). with 2 rakza7 2mm the blade balance feels a little bit head heavy but really not so much which is good for me.
First thing to say for me is that i would rate this blade as off- and not all or all+.
Blade feeling is nice. You can feel vibrations but good ones. I feel like it gives me feeback and doesn't disturb me (quite different from stiga OC wrb for instance).  this feeling is different but just as pleasant as acoustic for me. I've never tried violin but i would be curious to know if it is similar.
I understand what M. Moon wanted to achieve with the blade and  the result is quite good actually . The blade allows great touch near the table and have really enough power when you really go into the blade far from the table. I never felt like I did not have enough power and i regularly outspinned my oponnents. The blade allows to create massive spin even on power loops, just as if the blade is really grabing the ball.
A good suprise for me is I blocked quite well with the blade. I could block and easily direct the ball wherever i wanted with no effort. The trick here is you don't want to force too much the block otherwise the blade flexibility will make your block land too far...For short game I did not mastered it well. It is a bit bouncy and i had trouble making really short push or serves...
On the downside, due to the flexibility i made more mistakes on flat hits because i think i went too much into the wood...I made also some mistakes near the table trying to brush loop against backspin . I think for such shots you have to really brush the ball so that only the top ply is involved. As soon as you hit the ball more then the whole blade respond and the speed is too great.

This is definitly an interesting blade and i'll give it more time because this good feeling and the spin possibilities are just too great to pass on. I'll also try to compare it to my virtuoso on the next reviews I'll post.

Edited by kanaping - 09/15/2010 at 3:43pm
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2010 at 7:15am
Just received FL and ST Lissom today. I really amazed with it's build quality!!!
The most important thing is the handle, the FL handle is big, more like a Hking FL handle, but as big as the Hking 05 version, bigger than current Hking and Hking 655 FL handle.
It's as big as Acoustic L-sized FL handle. Thanks Mr Moon for designing a big, long comfortable FL handle for us!!!
The ST handle is more like Acoustic ST handle but abit boxy.
The feel and vibration of Lissom is similar to Violin.
But Lissom is stiffer while Violin is more flexible.
Lissom is faster than Violin judge by bouncing it with tt ball.
I'll post the picture tomorrow.

Edited by peter79 - 09/16/2010 at 7:17am
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2010 at 12:37am

Edited by peter79 - 09/17/2010 at 12:39am
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

TrainersRoom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrainersRoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2010 at 5:47am
Very nice article! i also like Nexy product, it is very light ans comfort for me.

TrainersRoom,is a company focused on providing the top quality products in athletic training,sports rehabilitation and functional training.kinesio athletic tape
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2010 at 10:51am
I prefer the current Nexy box which has flat surface and it's more durable probably due to thicker paper. The previous box is like butterfly box which isn't flat.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2010 at 12:23pm

The Nexy box stands up to remailing. I have used Nexy boxes to froward a few blades accross an ocean or two. nexy box is stable.

Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2010 at 1:37am
I found out something today.

In Korea, Butterfly's price stays the same.
So, the price of one Tenergy in my nexy.com is usd 53.
Can it be attractive for the moment?
Brand Manager of NEXY
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2010 at 1:51am
Yes I would be interested in buying Tenergy for USD 53.  But on your website it seems that once you add in the shipping to the USA it becomes significantly more.  It seems like the shipping service is pretty expensive.  Is there a cheaper alternative?  I would not need it to arrive very quickly if I could get it for that price, and I think you could do a lot of business (but Butterfly may get upset if they find out).
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2010 at 1:54am
Originally posted by Nexy Nexy wrote:

I found out something today.

In Korea, Butterfly's price stays the same.
So, the price of one Tenergy in my nexy.com is usd 53.
Can it be attractive for the moment?

Our Club Captain/No 2 Player ordered a Tenergy through the club Coach/Owner. I told her Tenergy rose prices worldwide and what did the rubber cost? 75,000 to 80,000 Won? She said price is still in the 64,000 won range, which is low to mid $50's in USD.

Amazing. I live here in Korea and gen now get tenergy cheaper.
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2010 at 1:57am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Yes I would be interested in buying Tenergy for USD 53.  But on your website it seems that once you add in the shipping to the USA it becomes significantly more.  It seems like the shipping service is pretty expensive.  Is there a cheaper alternative?  I would not need it to arrive very quickly if I could get it for that price, and I think you could do a lot of business (but Butterfly may get upset if they find out).
Thank you for the interest.

At the moment, I checked all the possible ways to make the cost for delivery fee lower, and found out from Korea, I can not find something cheaper.
Actually, the service is good; safe and fast, but as you told, I hope to find cheaper, even though slower, but not possible.

If I grow bigger, then the EMS company might give me discount for delivery, but currently, this is the best I can suggest.

(By the way, from today until Friday next week, Korea celebrates big harvest festival, and I can send out all the orders on Friday or on Saturday morning only.)

Brand Manager of NEXY
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2010 at 2:03am
I may order some anyway, will do a quick comparison.
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2010 at 8:32am
Just tested Lissom for 1 hour today.
I use Scirocco SF Max on FH and Outlaw 2.2 on BH.
My Lissom FL is 90 gr, Outlaw 46 gr, Scirocco is 53 gr!!!!
Total setup is 189 gr, feels head heavy due to heavy Scirocco.
The head size is a bit bigger than Violin L-sized about the same as Normal Violin.

For Comparison I use Violin L-sized ST 87 gr with Hexer on FH and Outlaw on BH.

The Difference between Violin and Lissom:
Violin feels more solid although it's more flexible but harder.
Lissom feels a bit hollow, not as solid as Violin but it's stiffer and softer.
I feel Violin is more suitable for hitting.
While Lissom is more suitable for looping.

The Similarity between Violin and Lissom is the feel and vibration.
Probably due to the same top ply and middle ply.
Both Violin and Lissom use White ash for top ply and kiri for center ply.

I'll post more impressions about Lissom later.

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2010 at 10:26am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

Just tested Lissom for 1 hour today.I use Scirocco SF Max on FH and Outlaw 2.2 on BH.My Lissom FL is 90 gr, Outlaw 46 gr, Scirocco is 53 gr!!!!Total setup is 189 gr, feels head heavy due to heavy Scirocco.The head size is a bit bigger than Violin L-sized about the same as Normal Violin.For Comparison I use Violin L-sized ST 87 gr with Hexer on FH and Outlaw on BH.The Difference between Violin and Lissom:Violin feels more solid although it's more flexible but harder.Lissom feels a bit hollow, not as solid as Violin but it's stiffer and softer.I feel Violin is more suitable for hitting.While Lissom is more suitable for looping. The Similarity between Violin and Lissom is the feel and vibration.Probably due to the same top ply and middle ply.Both Violin and Lissom use White ash for top ply and kiri for center ply.I'll post more impressions about Lissom later.
Good comparison.
Actually, I think those two blades are quite different.

First hint for that- lissom's surface is softer than violin, second hint- lissom has no kiri ply.

Anyway, I think overall impression is quite similar to mine.
Brand Manager of NEXY
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2010 at 10:43am

First hint for that- lissom's surface is softer than violin, second hint- lissom has no kiri ply.

I'm wrong then Embarrassed Because it really looks like Kiri, btw all wood almost look the same isn't it Big smile

Mr Moon, probably, just probably, could it be Lissom is Acoustic with Violin Feel !!!
Loop as good as acoustic but has Violin Feel, that could be awsome, curious to compare it with acoustic next time.

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2010 at 11:28am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

I'm wrong then Embarrassed Because it really looks like Kiri, btw all wood almost look the same isn't it Big smileMr Moon, probably, just probably, could it be Lissom is Acoustic with Violin Feel !!!Loop as good as acoustic but has Violin Feel, that could be awsome, curious to compare it with acoustic next time.
Yes, that's the very beginning where I started this blade design.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2010 at 4:32pm
I will try the Lissom with Black Power GCS and Armstrong Warrior on monday.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2010 at 7:08pm
Moving all the non-Lissom related posts to an off-topic thread. All further non-Lissom posts will be deleted.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2010 at 3:06pm
After 3 sessions (3 x ~1,5 hours) here's my review of Lissom.

As I mentioned before, the build quality is pretty good. Not as good as a "made in Japan" BTY but matches or exceeds many Euro brands easily. Mine was marked as 85 gr, ST handle. Head size/shape quite similiar to 158x152 BTY head. Thickness is 5,75mm. Handle is boxy, something a square ST but maybe one or a half mm wider. I do prefer this kind handles, so it's a plus for me. Really comfortable to hold. Though it's just a bit more head heavy than my Virtuoso (87 gr). 

My rubbers were Baracuda Max FH and T05 FX / Vega Euro BH.  

Lissom does not have much vibrations but has good feel for the ball. Only "hints" of 7 ply design can be felt during gameplay (stiff feel with strong proper hits). A bit glue feel loss of my rubbers. Felt tad bit more "dead" and hard during slower strokes. Ofcourse, I exaggerate a bit to explain the minor difference. It feels mostly like stiffish 5 ply. For me it's behaviour is similiar to TBS; It feels harder on slow strokes but gets the loopy/softer feel when you get faster. I rate this as OFF- to OFF. Throw is on the high side.

I've used Baracuda especially to compensate for lower trajectory when using 7 ply blades. Though, I noticed later that this is not the case for Lissom. Easy to create nice arc, no "loss of spin feeling". I do feel this immediately when I switch to faster/stiffer blades from my usual setup. But Lissom has no weakness there. After the first session short game improved quite a bit and proved good. Blocking should obviously be good for such a blade, you can get aggressive with punches/placement. Stiff design helps. With Lissom I noticed better loops with my BH due to increased power and similiar arc compared to my usual setup. More winners, easier counter. 

I also trained with a defender partner for 1 session. For looping against chops it's quite good. Varying speed/spin is a forte of this blade. Long, short, high, low loops can easily be executed. Didn't feel any discomfort at all. I was suprised how consistent I played.

So overall it's easily a keeper. Congrats to Nexy for the good product. 

PS: Any Spear (sub 90 gr, ST) tester out there that maybe interested in an exchange? I'd like to try that one also. PM me. 

Edited by speaquinox - 09/20/2010 at 6:42am
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2010 at 6:29am
Aarg I cant wait to try it but I still have to, probably they will make an issue about a rubber being send with the blade (which I forgot to mention on the form I had to fill in) Hopefully they will put it in transit soon so I can finally review..
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2010 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Thomasson Thomasson wrote:

Aarg I cant wait to try it but I still have to, probably they will make an issue about a rubber being send with the blade (which I forgot to mention on the form I had to fill in) Hopefully they will put it in transit soon so I can finally review..

and it was me thatwas worrying so much about this situation, but it happened to you instead.
ttcyfi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttcyfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2010 at 1:52pm
Received my LISSOM today. 86g FL. Thanks Nexy. Expect a detailed review by the end of the week. Will be using T05 2.1 on both sides. 
GO MUSTANGS!
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2010 at 5:49pm
Just came back from practice. I tried the Nexy Lissom with Black Power GCS and Armstrong Warrior.
Lissom is a good allround blade, blocking is very controlled and the shortgame is very good with this blade aswell. When counterhitting it felt quite crisp and controlled especially with the Black Power, but my hits were maybe 10 times as slow as normal. Same when looping was very controlled but a lot slower than I'm used too it was difficult for me to create a nice angle on my loops because of the rubbers linearity (no catapult effect) result was slow and spinless loops. I think this blade would pair much better with rubber with good catapult like Tenergy, Omega and Hexer.
tennisfreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tennisfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2010 at 6:37pm
The plant on the Nexy logo, is that a marijuana plant ?

The leaf structure look so close.

Edited by tennisfreak - 09/20/2010 at 6:39pm
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2010 at 10:37pm
The leaf is not weed, it is PALM, like from palm tree.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2010 at 2:58am
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

... I think this blade would pair much better with rubber with good catapult like Tenergy, Omega and Hexer.

+1
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2010 at 6:18am
I received my Lissom today, for some reason I had to pay € 17 though, while I clearly noted that the product had a worth of € 15. I will make an appeal against TNT who delivers for EMS in The Netherlands. It looks wonderfull though. Will try to give an impression next week, due to busy schedule this week.

Please note that Nexy.com doesn't have anything to do with EMS/TNT demanding costs for this product.

Edited by Thomasson - 09/21/2010 at 6:19am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic