FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nexy Lissom reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2010 at 3:24am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

The Head size of Lissom is smaller than regular blade. Why it's made smaller Mr Moon?
There are plenty different sizes.
What was the standard size for you?

My Lissom's head size was considering many things.
And I'm quite sure this head size is very ideal in many ways for modern play.
We need to play close to the table, and when the size is too big, it's not easy to control the plays on the table.
But when the size is too small, then the sweet spot will be small and the vibration will become wierd.
So, I had to find the ideal size.

If you need more information, there is one article how I think about the head size in my "nexy designer's diary" thread.
I will welcome you also there if you have further quesitons regarding head size.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Sponsored Links

bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2010 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Nexy Nexy wrote:

Originally posted by bogeyhunter bogeyhunter wrote:

A friend of mine, chopper rated 2000+, tried Lissom 
So, what was his opinion?

Actually, several choppers in Korea asked me to make a special big size Lissom.
They told me this will be good for defenders.
And I'm thinking that Lissom would be also nice for defenders.
He loves it. He likes its speed. Not too fast and not too slow.
Personally, I like it the way it is, not the bigger head. I like Vioncello(bigger version of violin) but I love Violin more. Most choppers like bigger and heavier blades but I like light and small one. 
www.NexyUSA.com
We also carries Sauer & Tröger.
Lissom O+EASY P 1mm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65FLO2Lneo
https://youtu.be/YgYFPJCBCr0
https://youtu.be/NeHp789Lb1c
https://youtu.be/_65FLO2Lneo
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2010 at 12:22am

There are plenty different sizes.
What was the standard size for you?

My Lissom's head size was considering many things.
And I'm quite sure this head size is very ideal in many ways for modern play.
We need to play close to the table, and when the size is too big, it's not easy to control the plays on the table.
But when the size is too small, then the sweet spot will be small and the vibration will become wierd.
So, I had to find the ideal size.

If you need more information, there is one article how I think about the head size in my "nexy designer's diary" thread.
I will welcome you also there if you have further quesitons regarding head size.

My standard size is Hurricane King Head size and Timo boll ALC.
With the smaller head size than normal, I must use heavy rubbers to make it balanced.
If I use soft and light rubbers, then it will be handle heavy.
Lissom suits hard rubber than soft rubber though, usually Hard rubbers are more heavy than softer one. This means Lissom has lesser rubber to combine which is a good thing Tongue
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2010 at 7:03am

Thank you for the reply, Peter79.

I think LISSOM's head size is the ideal size for modern offensive style.
Actually, I'm trying some other sizes for other blades, but for now, if the blade is bigger than 150*157, it feels little bit bigger than comfortable.

Any way, I will try 150*159 with the next blade.
I think this size is much more pwerful and comfortable away from the table.
Yes, it's truly considerable option.

Brand Manager of NEXY
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2010 at 10:08am
I have always been an advocate of heavy, but balanced, solid OFF blades. I did not expect much out of Lissom being so light and overall slower than OFF rating. Still, the proff is in the play and how you play it. Lissom prompts you to setup and finish like the coach wants. I wanted to serve and power-skulldrug. Lissom won. Surprising for me. I never hit it off with ANY light blade. No timing or feel. Lissom took adjustments, but they some needed adjustments towards a better game for me.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2010 at 2:51am
Pictures also up.

Hope to finish my review tonight.

Regards
Blade: Viscaria
FH: Dignics 05 2.1
BH: ABS 2 pro
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2010 at 8:06pm
BH-Man

Do you still prefer to play with the Spear? or are you starting to prefer the Lissom?

I've been playing with 2mm Calibra LT on the Lissom over the last two weeks and it's a set up that I'm liking, the more I play with it.

The only caveat is after using Tenergy 64 and 05 on the Lissom prior to Calibra LT, I have to remind myself that a passive block tends to dump the ball in the net; so a punch block or a short wristy shot is needed instead; to give the ball enough momentum to clear the net.

harldhzx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harldhzx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2010 at 9:32am
I bought a Lissom from Nexy recently and find that this a very good blade:  good control and still a crisp and hard feel. Also  very strong spin and sufficient  power on hard shots a least for my playing level (should be above 1600 US now).

Has some strange vibrations, but this does not disturb the playing experience a lot.

I played it today the second time with T05 and Barracuda  and was immediately able to beat a player I always lost to before.

Nice thing is that the Lissom  still can play hard enough put away shots while having a better control than faster blades. 

I also gave it to an EJ colleague and he was very impressed too.

As people said before, you have to make more active shots. Pure passive blocks are better with Carbon blades. Also, Lissom needs more powerful play than some of the slick arylate or carbon blades and might still be to slow for Powerplay a la Schlager.

Congratulations to Nexy for creating a really impressive blade with a unique character! 

Heimdallalso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2010 at 8:28pm
NEXY Lissom st 85g
fh/ Andro Impuls Speed max
bh/ Palio Flying Dragon 1.8
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2010 at 4:44am
Originally posted by Peter C Peter C wrote:

BH-Man

Do you still prefer to play with the Spear? or are you starting to prefer the Lissom?

I've been playing with 2mm Calibra LT on the Lissom over the last two weeks and it's a set up that I'm liking, the more I play with it.

The only caveat is after using Tenergy 64 and 05 on the Lissom prior to Calibra LT, I have to remind myself that a passive block tends to dump the ball in the net; so a punch block or a short wristy shot is needed instead; to give the ball enough momentum to clear the net.

The Lissom became a crash victim and is no more. i gave it a burial with full military honors.

I am using the Spear full time with a 3 month old sheet of T05. I used it and almost made it to finals of div 3 in Guri last week. I defeated the div 3 winner in RR group, but lost to the other finalist in the quarter finals.

I loved Lissom and how it made me pay more attention to setting up shots and using spin/placement. Spear does that too, not as much as Lissom. Plus, I get some of the pace and solidness in blocking I like.

Mabe I play Spear another month and I will be a better player to make more of the TBS. I traded my lighter version for a heavier version that will swim its way here to Korea one day from Mexico. Mine seemed to take a 2 month hike to get there on the front end.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2010 at 2:27am
Hey, check out my "signature" fellow fourmers!

I now own two, that's right, count them, T W O NEXY blades.
Tomorrow I try the Lissom for the first time.
You could say curiosity got the better of me.

I'll be back...
LOL
NEXY Lissom st 85g
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2010 at 7:03pm
...& tonight will be my first hit with it.
Gotta run.
 Anticipation is driving me mad!
Wacko

I am a sad lonely man.

Edited by Heimdallalso - 11/01/2010 at 7:03pm
NEXY Lissom st 85g
rawrtje View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rawrtje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2010 at 7:17pm
Happy hitting!~ Smile
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2010 at 10:14am

It will attracts me also.

I'm personally very much interested in how people would feel about those two blades.
Spear and lissom share the same purpose, but the feeling and the actual function are quite different.
so, it will make people to know how tt blades can diversify in many ways.

Edited by Nexy - 11/02/2010 at 10:15am
Brand Manager of NEXY
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2010 at 5:19pm
(taken from an exchange I had with a friend in a different "electronic" realm in response to his query as to how I was receiving/perceiving the Lissom)
bold emphasis added

Mr Moon...
a. charges too much for this blade (of course I could be "wrong")*
b. regardless of a, ~also~ needs a N American Distributor
c. needs to tighten up quality control/ his Korean competitor, XIOM, clearly has better quality control
d. I've enjoyed both the NEXY Blades (I've played & own) immediately
e. seems to produce (design) a very solid product
e1. are they "unique"? I really don't know.
f. are his offerings in step with the other major Manufacturers as regards Quality/usefulness to Price ratio? I do not know.

I think the NEXY Lissom is another FINE blade!Clap
I will add, I was enjoying it a great deal & didn't even take my Spear out of its case.
I wish I could play again tonight but have a greater obligation & pleasure.
I will be  playing with it a great deal again & look forward to it.
I am very glad I was able to acquire one at the price that I did.
It has/gives considerably more "feedback" than the Spear.
It did not feel overly "stiff" by any means. It barely felt "stiff" at all.
I think it might pair well with the short pips on my bh.
In short; I was digging it.Thumbs Up
I see myself using my two NEXY blades for a considerable time though can see
myself also considering his proposed budget offering.

* I would not have purchased this blade from NEXY.com at 130. US

Edited by Heimdallalso - 11/02/2010 at 5:57pm
NEXY Lissom st 85g
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2010 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Heimdallalso Heimdallalso wrote:

c. needs to tighten up quality control

Hi, could you please comment on this? why do you feel that quality control of NEXY is not OK?
And why do you use so many font sizes? Wink
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
rawrtje View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rawrtje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2010 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

c. needs to tighten up quality control

Hi, could you please comment on this? why do you feel that quality control of NEXY is not OK?
And why do you use so many font sizes? Wink

Artsy posting +10000.  Smile
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2010 at 10:23am

(taken from an exchange I had with a friend in a different "electronic" realm in response to his query as to how I was receiving/perceiving the Lissom)
bold emphasis added

Mr Moon...
a. charges too much for this blade (of course I could be "wrong")*
b. regardless of a, ~also~ needs a N American Distributor
c. needs to tighten up quality control/ his Korean competitor, XIOM, clearly has better quality control
d. I've enjoyed both the NEXY Blades (I've played & own) immediately
e. seems to produce (design) a very solid product
e1. are they "unique"? I really don't know.
f. are his offerings in step with the other major Manufacturers as regards Quality/usefulness to Price ratio? I do not know.

I think the NEXY Lissom is another FINE blade!Clap
I will add, I was enjoying it a great deal & didn't even take my Spear out of its case.
I wish I could play again tonight but have a greater obligation & pleasure.
I will be  playing with it a great deal again & look forward to it.
I am very glad I was able to acquire one at the price that I did.
It has/gives considerably more "feedback" than the Spear.
It did not feel overly "stiff" by any means. It barely felt "stiff" at all.
I think it might pair well with the short pips on my bh.
In short; I was digging it.Thumbs Up
I see myself using my two NEXY blades for a considerable time though can see
myself also considering his proposed budget offering.

* I would not have purchased this blade from NEXY.com at 130. US
To my sorry, I can not understand what you really mean.
Could you clear out what you really meant with your review?

Please, check if the below things are correct.

1. nexy.com site is expensive, because of expensive delivery fee

2. Two nexy blades' details were not good, compared with XIOM.

3. Two blades are expensive, when compared with other brands.

Actually, as Korean, if you guys write with sophisticated style, some times, I don't get it clearly.
So, please, help me with these matters.
I don't want to excuse or explain.
I just want to make it clean on what matters you were not satisfied with.
Brand Manager of NEXY
rawrtje View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rawrtje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2010 at 11:16am
@ Heim: Not to come across as a fanboi or anything, but the fact alone that it seems that it can spoken of along with the Violin and Acoustic in the same breath...

Violin: 160 US
Acoustic: 140 US
Lissom: 100 US

Even if the Lissom was only nearly as good, it is already 40-60 cheaper, but not 40-60 worth less valuable. Not to mention if it was just as good, or better

And then someone was comparing the Spear to BTY Iolite Neo, and how his high-level friend thought the Spear was better! That's 60 > 160.

Of course, the same can be said about cheaper blades vs Nexy blades - say the 18 USD 729 Bomb, which in no stretch of the imagination can be said to be 5 times worse than Lissom. In fact, I like it loads more than Spear, and the new blade from American Hinoki is loads more enjoyable to play with.

All in all, I think the pricing is more justified than not. And from all the pictures I've seen/two blades I've held, the quality of Nexy's blades is pretty top notch! Did you have some bad experiences?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2010 at 11:51pm
Hey rawrtje, You don't come across as a fanboi at all; that & your "honesty" & your refraining yourself from fully embracing the Spear (a blade which I really really like to this moment) makes it perfectly clear;  you are a mostly neutral observer/user.

I think your point regarding pricing is well put & valid too. No price is too great if it delivers, or rather, allows us to do what we hope to do with it!
I should add, were any fellow enthusiast to query me I would reply, speedily, I love both my
NEXY blades.
BOTH (I already suspect, at this early stage, I'll enjoy the Lissom even more than the Spear!) my
NEXY blades are fantastic tools for me.
My response: "YES, you should try one!"                     

I do not think the Spear is overpriced.
I did, just recently, have to make a small repair to the top ply of my Spear.
The top ply "peeled" while I was carefully removing a rubber.
Both the larger Lenses in both blades are sloppy.
I say if you do a lens of this type & plan on charging 60.00 (or greater) the lens should be flush...
cleanly flush & at both ends.
The metal handle insert in the Lissom is also poorly done.
One side is set noticeably deeper than the other & it may be off center.
My last inexpensive Galaxy/Yinhe had a nicer insert.

XIOM Lenses are executed much better... at least all the ones I've come across.
Darker lenses are also much, much cleaner.
I know these are just cosmetic things & they don't effect play ~however~ they are part of the buying & owning experience.
To some it will matter little.
To some, not at all.
To some it will matter.
I'd go so far as to say part of the reason Butterfly is Butterfly is precisely because of their very high
cosmetic standards... I think.

Now I'll address Mr Moons questions.

NEXY Lissom st 85g
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2010 at 12:25am

Please, check if the below things are correct.

1. nexy.com site is expensive, because of expensive delivery fee

2. Two nexy blades' details were not good, compared with XIOM.

3. Two blades are expensive, when compared with other brands.

Actually, as Korean, if you guys write with sophisticated style, some times, I don't get it clearly.
So, please, help me with these matters.
I don't want to excuse or explain.
I just want to make it clean on what matters you were not satisfied with.

Hello Mr Moon,

regarding
1. There is nothing wrong with your site. You've already stated that you were looking for a way to
 decrease your shipping fee ~OR~ get a N. American Distributor. I know these steps would help your sales especially the second one. I hope you find a N. American distributor!
Incidentally, I have heard of (firsthand through friends) more than one account of players who have tried your blades that were "put off" or disappointed with the cost they paid to have their blade shipped to them; subsequently (because of this) would not try another.

2. see my post above to rawrtje

3. I apologise. I did not mean to say you've priced your products too high. I am really not informed enough to "judge" rightly. I defer to your greater experience & knowledge.

I will add though, I am not the only member here to speculate about your pricing... of course, he may be off the mark too.
What I do ~know~ is that we both speak from a place where we want to see NEXY succeed.

If too many perceive your blades as too expensive & some come to perceive your quality as just OK
then they will not be enthusiastic. They won't buy.

You say you saw XIOM grow tremendously in your country.
Were I to guess upon their introduction:
a. Players were pleased enough with the cost of their Blades
b. Players loved the refined, high quality XIOM delivered
just take a look at the box they are delivered in...  quite refined in appearance

In closing I LOVE both my Spear & my Lissom because of the way they function.
You have designed/design (by my & many others more knowledgeable than me estimation)
really good blades. Thumbs Up Clap

That may only be part of the equation of ultimate business success.
Please believe me when I say, I wish you well; even if I am clumsy with words.
Embarrassed

With Respect,

Edited by Heimdallalso - 11/04/2010 at 2:22pm
NEXY Lissom st 85g
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2010 at 12:28am
oh, & I will (~if~ I am able at the time) try your budget offering that you plan to introduce

Good Day Sir & Be Well
Big smile
NEXY Lissom st 85g
harldhzx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harldhzx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2010 at 11:13am
Short comment on my experience with them Lissom  blade:

I have been playing fast blades with synthetic fibres for some time, but always had a control issue. I tried wooden blades but found most of them not linear or direct enough.

Lissom is the first wooden blade which, although quite different from the those I played before, allows me to play a similar game.

Maybe Lissom is worth a try for those who love carbon blades (with Tenergy)  but hit to many balls off the table.

As to the outward apperance, XIOM blades look more classy than Lissom. Especially the handle is much more carefully worked for blades of similar price.

@Nexy: Maybe you could have the blade handles produced by XIOM factory Tongue

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2010 at 1:40pm
harld, that might be a conflict.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2010 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by rawrtje rawrtje wrote:

And then someone was comparing the Spear to BTY Iolite Neo, and how his high-level friend thought the Spear was better! That's 60 > 160.

btw I think that was me!LOL

~If not~ I had the same exact experience!
NEXY Lissom st 85g
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2010 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

harld, that might be a conflict.

You think.Wink

(I think he was mostly joking.. mostly)
NEXY Lissom st 85g
harldhzx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harldhzx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2010 at 7:01am
Aren't we all friends in the TT universe Embarrassed 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2010 at 11:48pm
NEXY Lissom st 85g
ttcyfi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttcyfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2010 at 8:45pm

Hey Mr. Moon,

I was playing at the Eastern Division NCTTA Tournament this Saturday and midway through a forehand rally, my Lissom split again. I sealed the blade again but I think there maybe something with the blade construction as this is the second blade that has cracked without me hitting it against the table or anything. I really love this blade and recommended it to over 20 players at the tournament. I sold my TBS as I am absolutely set on this being my blade for the forseeable future, however, I need to get my blade as soon as possible as we have practice next weekend a couple of tournaments within the next couple of weeks so I need to get practicing as soon as possible. Are you able to send me another one or could I at least purchase it at a discounted price? If so, I’ll also take advantage of the Tenergy offer and purchase 2 sheets. Also, is the Tenergy 05 FX included in this offer? Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks!

GO MUSTANGS!
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2010 at 2:18pm
has anyone tried Nexy blades with YinHe V1? 
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic