Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOLD: Famous WRC-10 blade from American Hinoki

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOLD: Famous WRC-10 blade from American Hinoki
    Posted: 09/20/2010 at 1:23am
I decided that I have too many blades - three of them are 1-plies - so in order to get some funds and try other blades I decided to sell one of the most famous customized 1-ply blades this forum has ever seen, my WRC-10 from AmericanHinoki

Pics_of_WRC-10

Review for both WRC-9 and WRC-10

I have sanded the handle just a tad to make it more comfortable, there is extra foam edge tape to protect the precious timber, and there is a tiny counterweight on the bottom of the handle to make balance nicer but all of that you can take off if you don't like it.

Weight: 89 g
Handle: FL
Type: OFF (plus minus whatever, this is a hinoki 1-ply for god sakes)
Price: $70

Currently there are two lightly used rubbers on it; LKT Rapid Speed FH, Gambler Outlaw BH. If you would like to have them on it as well, add $10 for both ($80 + S&H for everything). That's a bargain, my friends.

This is indeed a great blade which plays extremely close to Darker Speed 90. Get it first before you get trampled by the mob of impatient buyers!
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Sponsored Links

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2010 at 10:01am

famous? who's famous? you or kevin's blade?

Mob? what mob? where's it?

just kidding...

I'd prefer the handle made outta wood tho'.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2010 at 10:49am
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

famous? who's famous? you or kevin's blade?

Mob? what mob? where's it?

just kidding...

I'd prefer the handle made outta wood tho'.

Everything's famous! I am just milking my 15 minutes Tongue

The thing is I didn't realize until I tried it just how good a burled cork handle feels and plays.  If it were possible I'd have handles like that on all my blades. No bull...

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2010 at 11:53am
By the way, if needed I can install a slightly used Wraith instead of Outlaw on BH. I think however that Outlaw would play better on a soft H1P blade, covering the wider range of play and technique.

Generally, on soft blades it is advisable to install the relatively harder rubbers - I would say 38-39, e.g. if you have Hinoki outer layers. That's my subjective opinion of course.

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2010 at 11:38am
I just want to remind you all that this is a unique blade. The wonder of a properly made Hinoki 1-Ply blade is that it plays gently and very controlled on the table but can hit like OFF+ blade with the right swing or flat hit when needed.

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2010 at 11:55am
Yeah....
we know Kevin's blades are quite unique in his own right...But...but......JimBrO, FYI, there're smart potential buyers (incl. me Big smile) out there who would look at this and think......well...well....ermmm...if they or I had 70.00 or 80.00 USD (plus S&H) on hand to shell out, what would they/I do? what other alternatives would they/I have to consider.....
The anwers are not difficult to find.....
Still, good luck/nice blade, man....
Bump 4 u while I'm at it..
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2010 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

Yeah....
we know Kevin's blades are quite unique in his own right...But...but......JimBrO, FYI, there're smart potential buyers (incl. me Big smile) out there who would look at this and think......well...well....ermmm...if they or I had 70.00 or 80.00 USD (plus S&H) on hand to shell out, what would they/I do? what other alternatives would they/I have to consider.....
The anwers are not difficult to find.....
Still, good luck/nice blade, man....
Bump 4 u while I'm at it..

I agree there are tons of blades you can buy for $70. For that matter - there are hundreds of TT blades you can buy for $40!

This is for people who are looking for a Hinoki 1-ply... so $70 for a tried and proven blade (granted, some degree of trust in my judgment is needed there) is not much at all...

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2010 at 12:28pm
tiehwen, you know you want it! Wink

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2010 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

tiehwen, you know you want it! Wink
to borrow/try yes but not to buy/own...sorry, JimBO...
But I must agree w/u that this is most probably the cheapest good 1 ply if any1 ever wanna lay hands on tho'....

Edited by tiehwen - 09/22/2010 at 2:02pm
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2010 at 1:42pm
Thumbs Up
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2010 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by melarimsa melarimsa wrote:

Thumbs Up

Mel, have you ever tried a 1-ply by the way?

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2010 at 11:54am
Sale is pending as I got a serious offer...

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2010 at 5:00pm
Sold! Big smile

melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2010 at 5:03pm
No, I never played 1 ply except AYOUS. It was Sanwei blade, and I did like it :) I am selling my WALDNER HINOKI, but it is left hand. Maybe will go :)
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2010 at 7:45pm
mel bought the 1 ply WRC-10?
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2010 at 11:56am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

mel bought the 1 ply WRC-10?

I wish!

No, it was snagged by a friend from my old country (I have posted my FS ad on 2-3 Russian forums as well). He got incredibly lucky as an acquaintance of mine is leaving for a short vacation there in three days, so he will bring the blade right to his door, so to speak - no need to pay for the slow slow slow overseas mail.

Lucky me, as well - I have basically exchanged WRC-10 for your DDWH with a small amount of cash for the balance. That was the original idea...

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2010 at 12:18pm
things just go your way JimT...things just go your way. Clap
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2010 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

things just go your way JimT...things just go your way. Clap

Not yet. Now if only I could find a place to send my wife and kids during Thanksgiving (one that she approves of) so that I can go to Baltimore, then yes I could say that... at least for now.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic