Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tenergy 05 Substitute

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
bizard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tenergy 05 Substitute
    Posted: 10/17/2010 at 4:04pm
I play with Tenergy 05 in the fh, but here in portugal the rubber costs 56€ and it's a very expensive. Can you tell me another rubbers similars to Tenergy 05?

Obrigado
Boll Forte OFF
Tenergy 05
Roundell
Sponsored Links

karabijntje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karabijntje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2010 at 8:03am
Xiom Vega Pro, very similar, around 32€. I switched to it after playing 1-2 years with T05 and am very happy with it.
* TBS - Color - Spear - Virtuoso+
* Vega Pro / Europe
Fruit loop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruit loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2010 at 8:10am
Doesn't exist, move along.
Timo Boll Spirit FL
Dr Evil ox both sides.
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2010 at 8:34am
Originally posted by Fruit loop Fruit loop wrote:

The Guy Said similar, not Exact, And there are a few that are actually better than Tenergy 05, that is unless you are a fully fledged pro - opp's I forget you are.. sorry Wink
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
Fruit loop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruit loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2010 at 8:40am
Originally posted by pingpongrob pingpongrob wrote:

The Guy Said similar, not Exact, And there are a few that are actually better than Tenergy 05, that is unless you are a fully fledged pro - opp's I forget you are.. sorry Wink

I don't actually use t05 =P
Timo Boll Spirit FL
Dr Evil ox both sides.
dzhu14 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dzhu14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2010 at 8:51am
http://tenergy05.com/rubbers/xiom-vega-pro-vs-butterfly-tenergy-rubber-review
EZRO View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EZRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2010 at 11:40pm
hmmm for me DONIC X1 or S1  

XIOM's are more alike. :D 
Blade: Butterfly Photino and Keyshot light
FH: DONIC Baracuda / Tenergy 64 and 05
BH: 802-40/1 and Raystorm
DONIC BURN ALL+
FH Kokutaku 868 tacky
BH Kokutaku 110 Medium Pip
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2010 at 10:20am

Would be nice to know which rubbers are better then T05, cause I haven't found any. There might be rubbers that are better for some players/styles, but for me, there is no other rubber that have come even close to T05. With this said, I'm still looking for a good replacement since I simply can't afford T05 with the new increased prices.
The holy grail
dzhu14 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dzhu14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2010 at 10:26am
yeah i agree about the prices... two sides of tenergy is the price of a blade.. 
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2010 at 10:50am
that's why you guys need to stick around here to get an used Tenergies in excellent condition for cheap.

I've bought a couple of those already, and very very happy!
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2010 at 12:25pm
closest i found is hexer .. and (don't laugh) lkt red diamond Confused
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Nori View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2010 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

Are you honest???? cause I will buy LKT red diamond but I have heard terrible things about lkt....
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2010 at 3:22pm

so says the Australian distributor Andro, Galaxy, etc...... Big smile
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2010 at 4:49pm
I've played with T05 (without boosters) both sides for 1 year with Avalox P700 blade.

After T05 I've tried: Cornilleau Pilot Advance and Power; Donic Platin, Baracuda and Acuda S1; Tibhar Genius and Nianmor and Stiga Boost TC. All these rubbers with and without booster (Falco Tempo Booster).

None of them have the same high performance and feel of Tenergy 05 but the closest is Acuda S1 + 1 layer of Falco Tempo Booster.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2010 at 5:12pm
Red Diamond is the best rubber you can get cost to performance wise.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2010 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

I've played with T05 (without boosters) both sides for 1 year with Avalox P700 blade.

After T05 I've tried: Cornilleau Pilot Advance and Power; Donic Platin, Baracuda and Acuda S1; Tibhar Genius and Nianmor and Stiga Boost TC. All these rubbers with and without booster (Falco Tempo Booster).

None of them have the same high performance and feel of Tenergy 05 but the closest is Acuda S1 + 1 layer of Falco Tempo Booster.

i fully agree that Acuda S1 is the best pro rubber among tensors. 

i didn't mention it only because it doesn't play anything like tenergy 05 (not good or bad... just different) they are world apart but both good for high standards of the game. 

acuda topsheet is transleucent with high proportion of synthetic rubber, way less grippy, very low throw, faster than tenergy, and less bouncy than tenergy on slow strokes, and way less reactive to incoming spin ... which tenergy is opaque with high proportion of natural rubber, we all know how grippy, slower than acuda but still fast, kinda bouncy (not as much as other tensors), and the most reactive rubber to incoming spin  i ever played.

Edited by debraj - 10/19/2010 at 5:22pm
vid1
Vid 2
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2010 at 5:40pm
Agree with you. I didn't express myself well. I wanted to say that Acuda S1 + Falco Tempo booster among the rubbers I've tried is the closest to Tenergy 05 high performance (Speed/Spin ratio), but of couse It is different as you said.
Baracuda + Falco Booster is closer (among rubbers I've tried) to Tenergy 05 in terms of playing features (High arc, High Spin, less bouncy, more natural rubber topsheet..)

Edited by AMonteiro - 10/19/2010 at 5:42pm
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
flash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2010 at 5:59pm
A couple of guys that plays pro in my country swear Yasaka Razka 7 it's the best substitute for the T05...in fact they already change their setups...I didn't try this product...
Viscaria, FL

T05 hard, 2,1 mm, black, fh
T05 hard, 2,1 mm, red, bh.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2010 at 6:45pm
i tried yasaka rakza... but after acuda s1... didn't like it at all... 

the soft sponge and very grippy topsheet is a recipe for non-linearity. of course boosting etc would change properties to some extent... but boosting acuda is even better that way.

Edited by debraj - 10/19/2010 at 7:03pm
vid1
Vid 2
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2010 at 1:47am
Never heard this topic brought up before.

Similar: vega pro 05 64 hexer

As Rob said: similar 
As I say: nowhere near as grippy
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2010 at 3:41am
Originally posted by Nori Nori wrote:

Are you honest???? cause I will buy LKT red diamond but I have heard terrible things about lkt....

honest definitely...and i myself get scared of comparing a 65 dollar rubber with a 14 dollar one.

today again i tried just for self satisfaction... and after that i think

- tenergy has high grip + firm sponge + catapult speed

and only red diamond seems to offer all three.... its not the same... but closer than others... and prolly a little firmed than hexer... like tenergy 05. 
vid1
Vid 2
tomas.gt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomas.gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2010 at 5:11am
omega 4 pro ;)

Kokutaku Bishu no.1 ST - H3N red , BTfly Spinart 2.1 black
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2010 at 9:06am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

so says the Australian distributor Andro, Galaxy, etc...... Big smile
And by this your meaning that because I'm a distributor for table tennis brands I'm not allowed to have a say. I'm a player as well you know.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2010 at 9:41am

- tenergy has high grip + firm sponge + catapult speed

and only red diamond seems to offer all three.... its not the same... but closer than others... and prolly a little firmed than hexer... like tenergy 05. 
Interesting thought.  Have you played with them both at the same time? 
I currently have T05 on a TBS and RD on a BTY BC X5 but I haven't played with T05 and RD at the same time nor have I played a lot with RD since I only mounted it a couple of weeks ago. 
I am going to have to compare T05 to Red Diamond.   I like RD but I haven't thought of it as a being close to T05 but I haven't tied them one after the other against the robot.  I will try this.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2010 at 4:47pm
sure would love to know a different perspective... to get some of my thoughts verified or contradicted. 

pl do account of the difference in throw and speed of the blades though.

vid1
Vid 2
foz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2010 at 6:08pm
Baracuda according to a team mate is very close to 05 in all aspects, half the price here in the uk as well!!Thumbs Up
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!
TIBHAR 5Q MAX FH
ANDRO SHIFTER P/S 2.0 BH    
BTY ZHANG JIKE FL
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2010 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by foz foz wrote:

Baracuda according to a team mate is very close to 05 in all aspects, half the price here in the uk as well!!Thumbs Up

Slower, less spin and lower throw IMHO, but it has some of the same general characteristics as T05, so if you had to switch to something, this might work.  I still prefer Hexer.
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2010 at 9:21pm
Red Diamond doesn't "feel" like Tenergy with that effortless control on the same blade but if you stick it on a slower softer blade it does get some of that I can do anything feeling about it AND gains more spin. I've tried it on a ALL speed balsa which is a much slower blade than I normally use and it was quite awesome to be honest, it stands alone power wise in the cheapy rubbers. Someone should try Red Diamond on some kind of nice quality flexy all round 5 ply and I'm sure it would be a weapon, it has plenty enough speed and low enough throw angle to suit such a blade in an offensive role.

I wouldn't say an professional player should be using Red Diamond because it's doesn't have 50 euros worth of quality but it's more than enough for any club player

Edited by nicefrog - 10/20/2010 at 9:32pm
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2010 at 10:03pm

sure would love to know a different perspective... to get some of my thoughts verified or contradicted. 
pl do account of the difference in throw and speed of the blades though.
I think you may be on to something.  Even though I have had the two rubbers and have previous posted good things about RD on Boz's website 
I have never considered  RD as a replacement for T05 until DebraJ brought it up. 

After warming up with Red Diamond for about an hour with an person I played with my RD on a BalsaCarbo X5 and T05 on a TBS.   I have played much more with the T05 so that is why I warmed up with the RD.   I then played against the Newgy hitting just FH near, mid (1m) and long ( 2.5-3m).  I rarely get back more than 2 meters in a real game situation.

I hit about 100 balls at each distance with each paddle.   Surprisingly I didn't find much difference.   I thought I would see a big difference back at 2.5 meters but I didn't.  For the distance shots I set the Newgy up to 20-22 and angled the head down to about 7 so the ball would barely clear the net and with lots of top spin so the ball would stay low.  At 2.5 meters back I was hitting the ball from below the table top level with speed so these are real loops.   I was surprised that the effort required was about the same and the angle of the paddle direction and blade was about the same in both cases.  The RD may have needed to be open just a hair more but not enough to be obvious or to swear too.

On the BH they played about the same too.   I find that to play a decent BH I must crouch and keep my elbow up so that when I swing and hit the ball my forearm is about horizontal.   With a little wrist action I can get good and similar loops from both but I was getting tired so I didn't try FH loops from 2.5 meters back.

I didn't try too much serving.  I am not the best at serves anyway What I noticed is that both the RD and T05 have much more bounce and spin than the Mark V I normally play with now so a few serves went long when I was serving.   The person I was playing against it not that good as returning serves so I could easily hit a back spin or top spin and win a point right off the serve with either paddle.   I would have to play with these two rubbers against my regular sparring partner to get a better idea.

My regular sparring partner can tell when I am not playing with the Mark V paddle because the other paddles have a little more spin, speed and stay low.   I need to play against him with both the T05 and the RD during the same session so he can tell me which is the hardest to play against.

As it turns out my red T05 rubber has a tear in it.  I may try a RD so the black T05 and RD are both on the TBS.

I think if I played more with both RD and T05 I would start to notice some differences but this I can say,T05 isn't $66/$14 times better than RD.  It is too bad their isn't a Black Diamond.   I didn't not think Black Power was near as good or even close to T05.  The spin to speed ration of BP is too low.
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2010 at 10:34pm
I'm pretty sure we can come up with a really cheap but high end performance complete combo using Red Diamond as the base for a FH rubber, just need to work on a suitable cheap blade and BH rubber :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic