Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Anyone tried the Paddle Palace S4W Robot?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wakabay View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakabay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone tried the Paddle Palace S4W Robot?
    Posted: 11/01/2010 at 2:11am
Has anyone tried the Paddle Palace Robot S4W Pro?

http://www.paddlepalace.com/Paddle-Palace-Robot-S4W-Pro/productinfo/OPVS4/

It's got 2 heads - practice different spins from one shot to another
programming
random mode

and everything else that you would want a higher end robot to do but at a reasonable price of $1499. 

I have not seen much reviews about this here or online.  Winning raves or crying complaints anyone?

Thanks!
Wakabay

Sponsored Links

roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2010 at 2:14am
I bought one recently.  Good robot.  I would buy another unit in a heartbeat if this one breaks down...
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2010 at 11:24am

Hi, I have found that some robots have more features than required ,remember to keep it simple when purchasing a robot as their primary function is to familiarize the owner with a confidence enhanced stroke-play.

Edited by chris.b40 - 11/01/2010 at 11:28am
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2010 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by wakabay wakabay wrote:

Has anyone tried the Paddle Palace Robot S4W Pro?

http://www.paddlepalace.com/Paddle-Palace-Robot-S4W-Pro/productinfo/OPVS4/

It's got 2 heads - practice different spins from one shot to another
programming
random mode

and everything else that you would want a higher end robot to do but at a reasonable price of $1499. 

I have not seen much reviews about this here or online.  Winning raves or crying complaints anyone?

Thanks!
Wakabay

What sets this robot apart from other cheap robots is the random feature (in addition to programmable top/underspin sequences).  When set to maximum topspin drive mode from each head (9/3 or 9/4) on the control panel) and "random" feature on, the balls come so fast 'n furious, and and the landing spots so unpredictable, it's the closest thing to facing a good 2300-2400 opponent's looping attack.  Also with each head shooting balls out at random instead of alternating one and one, there's no way for me to "cheat" by looking at the head's angle to predict next ball's landing spot.  I have used Butterfly Amicus 3000 many times before and own several Newgy 2040s for ten years, I feel this one offers the best feature set and build quality for the money.
umibozuuu View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote umibozuuu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2010 at 6:21am
It seems this is a rebadged Y&T S27 model.

Disclaimer: I've never seen one of these IRL, and many people who have were quite happy with it Wink

The only snag that comes to mind viz. this machine is that there is no long/short function, once the head angle and wheel speeds are set, and you are getting balls thrown at you, all the balls will land at the same depth. If you want to change landing depth you must stop, change wheel speeds, and restart. Also it's somewhat less realistic than Double Snakes FQJ-4 concerning ball trajectories - apparently:spin & speed are not related quite like what a human would/could produce. That said, considering the state of the art of robot-making today, there's no deying this one is pretty... pretty good. pretty good.

Edited by umibozuuu - 11/02/2010 at 6:22am
Samsonov Alpha CS:higher2.0 /PRO XP2.0
Galaxy E4 CS:LKT Red Diamond/729 Sky Wing 2.0
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2010 at 10:40am
So you are saying the motor speeds can't be changed on-the-fly?  I find it hard to believe someone would try to sell a robot where the speeds can't be programmed to change on-the-fly.   Also,  there are two motors per head.  By changing the speeds relative to each other the ratio of spin to speed can be changed.   I have not used one of these S4w robots but my Newgy allows changing the speeds on-the-fly either randomly of under control of a table based program program.  The problem is that the Newgy has only one motor.

I would get the manual an make sure the motor speeds can be changed on-the-fly so the throw speed and spin can be changed on-the-fly.  I would also ask how one obtains parts.  Robots are mechanical devices and will wear out.

umibozuuu View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote umibozuuu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2010 at 12:00pm
A detailed review can be found here:
http://www.fareastsports.com/index.php?gOo=article_details.dwt&articleid=12
thanks to Rich215 and fareastsports.
Also, check out this thread:
http://mytabletennis.net/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=33200

Edited by umibozuuu - 11/02/2010 at 12:02pm
Samsonov Alpha CS:higher2.0 /PRO XP2.0
Galaxy E4 CS:LKT Red Diamond/729 Sky Wing 2.0
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2010 at 3:06pm
With this new robot, I can do the most realistic topspin/underspin combo drills possible, better than any single head programmable robot, including Amicus 3000s.  I am just starting to experiment other combinations that approximate high quality multiball drills.  I am very happy with the purchase.
W0LovePP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W0LovePP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2012 at 3:04pm
My S4W Pro had landing problem:
Single head/single spot: fine;
Single head/two different spots (spot 1 then spot 11, for example): No;
Two heads/two different spots (head1 to spot 1; head2 to spot 11): No.

Do you have the same problem? Paddel Palace cannot fix it.

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic