Seller's Notes:

View the seller's For Sale page.
 Buyer's Review (0)
  Product Quality:
  Communication:
  Payment:
  Shipping:
  Overall:
No feedback for this seller yet. Be the first to post a feedback.
 Forum Assessment
This seller has not been assessed by moderators yet. Request assessment
 Assessed by moderators.
 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DeIgado View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeIgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FT: Nexy Oscar ST for Nexy Oscar FL
    Posted: 12/22/2010 at 1:59pm
I recieved the oscar st from BH-Man and while I enjoyed playing with it the thing that I absolutely hated was the ST handle, therefore I would like to try this blade with a Flared handle.

Only looking for an Oscar Flared although if you have a lissom FL that you would like to trade (pass along) I would trade for that as well.

America only please : ) im not made of money like these other Ej's lol
Viscaria 86g T05 T05-fx
2059 and rising
Sponsored Links

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2010 at 3:44pm
If you have problems with your grip slipping on ST handle, perhaps you should simply try a cheap grip tape like Wilson Overgrip Pro Soft (5 bucks will get you a 3-pack)
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
DeIgado View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeIgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2010 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

If you have problems with your grip slipping on ST handle, perhaps you should simply try a cheap grip tape like Wilson Overgrip Pro Soft (5 bucks will get you a 3-pack)

No I'm just used to a TBS flared handle and the Oscar ST feels like its oversized, not really a matter of grip, good idea though.
Viscaria 86g T05 T05-fx
2059 and rising
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2010 at 7:18pm
Delgado

The Oscar you are referring too, was the test blade Nexy sent to me and I in turn sent it to BHman, for him to test out. You and others are welcome to test it too.

However, I don't think it's appropriate for you to trade it away, without asking my permission.

And the answer is you do not have my permission to trade it away; as I would like the Oscar to come back to me, after you and others have finished testing it.

I specifically requested the straight handle, as I like playing with that type of handle.

DeIgado View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeIgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2010 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Peter C Peter C wrote:

Delgado

The Oscar you are referring too, was the test blade Nexy sent to me and I in turn sent it to BHman, for him to test out. You and others are welcome to test it too.

However, I don't think it's appropriate for you to trade it away, without asking my permission.

And the answer is you do not have my permission to trade it away; as I would like the Oscar to come back to me, after you and others have finished testing it.

I specifically requested the straight handle, as I like playing with that type of handle.

I didn't know their was a pedigree for this blade on this site, could you link me to it?

(More sarcasm)
You requested a straight handle because that is what you like to play with, who would've thought.

Sarcasm aside, your point is valid, perhaps I worded my thread incorrectly as I am really looking to switch this blade with a flared one because I would like to see if that is the real reason I am not truly enjoying this blade.

Right now my teammate is using this blade, as soon as he is done I will have him send it to you or send it to you myself.
Viscaria 86g T05 T05-fx
2059 and rising
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2010 at 6:35am
There is a thread called "Topic: NEXY Reviews: the OSCAR blade", that was started on December 2nd 2009; where you'll find my review, posted on the 3rd December.

As you can see from the review, i think the Oscar is a very good blade and I did enjoy playing with it.

I suspect you are not enjoying the Oscar as much as you imagined, for a couple of reasons :

1) Rubber choice.

Rubbers with a higher throw like Tenergy, Genius and Baracuda, are in my opinion a better choice on the Oscar, than rubbers like Nimbus and Xtend.  

2) The Oscar plays slightly differently to the TBS in the short game, due to its Hinoki outer plies and springier core; which means you do have to adjust your short game shots, to avoid dropping the ball in the net.

3) There is no doubt a handle can affect your opinion of a blade, if you are conscious of it.

I had a good example of that over the weekend, as our local coach had two test bats, with flared handles; sent to him by Jarvis Sports.

The handle on the Donic Burn Off-, is one of the best flared handles I've ever picked up and it matched  up really well with Coppa X2 on the forehand and Acuda S2 on the backhand, too.

Whereas the flared handle on the Donic Dima Sawtec was good; but not as comfortable and had I bought it, I would have used sandpaper to reshape it to my liking.

4) Hinoki outer plied blades do have a different feel to them and some players love that feeling; whereas others don't get on with it.

Like you, I was a TBS user in the past and it was my main blade for a while. However that changed when I tested out a Michael Maze and realised it suited my game better. Since then my TBS blades have spent most of the time in their boxes; unplayed.

The reason I sent the Oscar to BHman to test out, was so that he could it compare it to his old TBS blade; which he obtained as a result of a trade with me, a few years ago.

At present, I do have the Michael Maze with 2mm Palio Blitz on it, in the TT bag; which is a good set up and it's getting regular playing time.

As such, I'm looking forward to playing with Palio Blitz on the Oscar too; at some stage in the future.

Edited by Peter C - 12/24/2010 at 3:34am
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2010 at 8:54pm
You  are DISHONEST Delgado !! you never intended to send the blade on to me for testing

Here is our correspondence about the blade.  Members  judge for yourselves.

-- Previous Private Message --
Sent by : chris.b40
Sent : 10/12/2010 at 7:34pm

Hi,firstly I would like to know your findings about the Oscar,I think from what I have read it is ok,I have submitted a request to OSP for  one of the test Virtuosos to come my way but there are at least five more testers before I receive it I can pass that on when I am through if you like.

I am also longing to try the Nexy Ikakus combination blade as I have never played with a combination bat before .My usatt rating is 2056 and I only played two tournaments in the past two years with little success.Big smile

Hope you get good results back in the finals you took. Thumbs Up

Chris

-
- Previous Private Message --
Sent by : DeIgado
Sent : 10/12/2010 at 4:05pm

Not yet, I just finished finals today and came back to tamps. You will get it dont worry : P, do you have any test blades I could try? It's cool if you don't, i still love my TBS so im not really looking to buy anything.

Sent : 10/12/2010 at 3:37pm

Hi, did you send the test blade ? Big smile

Sent : 05/12/2010 at 10:22am

Ok, I have finals this week so I'll hopefully get it out by the end of the week, I'll let you know when i send it.

Sent : 05/12/2010 at 9:56am

Yes ,I have not tested any of those blades yet.

Thanks
Chris

Sent : 05/12/2010 at 9:01am

I have a Oscar ST not a lissom, do you still want it?

Sent : 05/12/2010 at 8:56am

Hi, I am interested in testing this blade ,my mailing address is

Christopher xxxxxx
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxx

tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2010 at 10:13pm
There are too many people trying to take advantage of generosity of the blade maker (NEXY, OSP etc..). The right way to do is to pass along to other or to return the blade to the vendor. It is a shame for people keeping the test blade for their own use. Ouch
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic