Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Very Old Blue TSP Spectol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
sweetstrike View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Very Old Blue TSP Spectol
    Posted: 05/04/2011 at 1:22pm
For everyone following this thread, I just started a poll here:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41702&PID=516058&title=poll-colorful-rubbers#516058

Edited by sweetstrike - 05/04/2011 at 1:23pm
Sponsored Links

bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2011 at 9:06am
I think with Tornado when they had to make it in the Red it just became the same formula as Mark V, originally it was different and better for looping than Mark V. It was pretty much the Tenergy of the 70s for most loopers as they invented themselve as the dominant style of player, it was a very popular rubber 
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2011 at 8:51am
Tornado had a lot of followers in the yellow/gold color, it was never the same in red or black.  Something was different in the way it played.Ouch  So apparently the dyes used in the making of the topsheet do make a difference, at least in this case. 

I used to play with maroon (Dark Red) and black, the maroon (dark red) was a Friendship sheet (dark because of the dark blue sponge underneath), it was hard to tell the two colors apart from the other side of the table.  Colors can be tricky to regulate, everyone thinks of the colors as being different, but under less than ideal lighting it can be hard to see at times.  I think this is why the ITTF settled on red/black combos.  Even now some of the red sheets are more pink than red.  I have a sheet of feint III, a sheet of feint II and a sheet of Gambler PeaceKeeper that I would call pink, not red.Confused  In this case I can't tell that they play any different than a red sheet.  Personally I liked the gold, blues, and greens.  It livened up the sport a little.  Now we have blue tables, and I have played on some purple tables also. 
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2011 at 1:59am
Bring it back!!  I'll slap this on my set-up, opposite some black!!

vanhuynh16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanhuynh16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2011 at 12:01am
Is it possible to buy some blue dye on try on it on like my long pips ox or would i need a better colorant? We totally need more colors back!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2011 at 7:14pm
From the original ITTF rules before they got changed into the current mess

Edited by bluebucket - 05/03/2011 at 7:15pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2011 at 1:56pm
I think a first step would be to have some manufacturers re-make some of the colored rubbers from the past. Easier said than done since the rubbers would not be ITTF approved. We would need some evidence showing that the colors won't add deception compared to black/red. Although this is subjective, it would probably be more efficient than proposing ideas at some meeting where they would immediately be ignored. It would be much better to get colored rubbers in the hands of players first, even if they are illegal.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2011 at 1:39pm
He means the association you play at. Anyway those days are gone, the power of the public and the Internet get's things done these days. I'm actually surprised by that response, I thought the ITTF would be always looking for ways to improve the popularity of the sport and would jump on that. How can you push for skirts one minute and not be over the top for re introducing some colour to rubbers :/
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2011 at 1:35pm
I believe he is speaking of your national association, for the USA it is USATT. Confused
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
gatz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2011 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

Originally posted by sweetstrike sweetstrike wrote:

Thanks Anton. Although unlikely, I really want to make this happen. I believe MyTT.net can be considered the association but what is AGM?

Not sure what AGM is, but if you get a petition going or something then let me know. I'll sign it or whatever and help in whatever way I can.

AGM- Annual General Meeting
Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Matador Texa
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2011 at 12:16pm

Thanks Anton. Although unlikely, I really want to make this happen. I believe MyTT.net can be considered the association but what is AGM?

Not sure what AGM is, but if you get a petition going or something then let me know. I'll sign it or whatever and help in whatever way I can.

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2011 at 12:14pm
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2011 at 12:05pm

I got this response from Odd Gustavsen of the ITTF:

"Thank you for your e-mail. This was quite unexpected, I must say. When we limited the colours to two some years ago, it was felt as a relief by most players. Since then it has been very quiet, hopefully since most players are satisfied with the present situation. However, you are of course entitled to bring forward your proposal. It must then be done through your own Association. Because this is part of the Law, it will require acceptance in AGM. I would think the chances are small to come through at present. Anyway, you are free to try."

Well... there's only one way to prove him wrong. Smile

EDIT: Nice job taking the initiative, sweetstrike! Clap

Edited by Anton Chigurh - 05/03/2011 at 12:06pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2011 at 11:38am
I got this response from Odd Gustavsen of the ITTF:

"Thank you for your e-mail. This was quite unexpected, I must say. When we limited the colours to two some years ago, it was felt as a relief by most players. Since then it has been very quiet, hopefully since most players are satisfied with the present situation. However, you are of course entitled to bring forward your proposal. It must then be done through your own Association. Because this is part of the Law, it will require acceptance in AGM. I would think the chances are small to come through at present. Anyway, you are free to try."
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2011 at 12:29pm
When I started table tennis and looked to buy my first pre-made, the first thing I looked for was unique colored rubbers. I was shocked that only red and black were available. Colors would be very easy to make for the manufacturers as it is just a matter of adding a different colorant. I'm so sick of just red and black
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2011 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

We can email them :), if they don't agree then we need to make a ground swell movement but really I can't see how this isn't one of the best ideas ever for the sport. Well not really an idea, but setting things "right" after a long time of a half way wrong half way right decision.

Sometimes I wish MYTT was a little more like Facebook where I could click "like" on a comment.

I would "like" this comment. Smile

Edited by Anton Chigurh - 05/02/2011 at 12:29pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2011 at 12:21pm
We can email them :), if they don't agree then we need to make a ground swell movement but really I can't see how this isn't one of the best ideas ever for the sport. Well not really an idea, but setting things "right" after a long time of a half way wrong half way right decision. I suppose you guys have got your pre-order in for translucent hot pink T05 already :p

Edited by bluebucket - 05/02/2011 at 12:22pm
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2011 at 12:19pm

How about this rule. You are allowed to have any of these colors:
Black, Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Pink, Purple, White

Combinations not allowed:
Same Colors
Yellow/Orange
Purple/Blue
Red/Pink
Red/Green (color blindness)

This would grow the game as it allows individuals to express themselves. Now how can we suggest this to the ITTF?

Although it's highly unlikely to be implemented, I really like this suggestion. Smile

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2011 at 12:15pm
How about this rule. You are allowed to have any of these colors:
Black, Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Pink, Purple, White

Combinations not allowed:
Same Colors
Red/Orange
Yellow/Orange
Red/Pink
Red/Green (color blindness)

This would grow the game as it allows individuals to express themselves. Now how can we suggest this to the ITTF?

EJs are in big trouble. The orange feels a little softer than the purple... haha

Edited by sweetstrike - 05/02/2011 at 12:21pm
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2011 at 12:11pm
As a matter of fact,blue pips were used in the late 70's by several players ,they looked so beautiful .
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2011 at 10:27am
Nice!, that's a rubber I never saw. I only ever saw Mark V in red back then. I'd like to see a picture of that if anyone has one or an old catalogue
mmerkel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmerkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2011 at 10:23am
It was a translucent blue, not a solid. Not quite as clear as the Tornado as far as I can remember.
#1 RL Balance -Bluefire M2 -Acuda S2
#2 RL Avalanche#2 -Bluefire M2 -Sigma Europe
#3 Primorac -Boost TP -Magna TC
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2011 at 10:17am
Was the blue Mark V a clear blue like Tornado is yellow/gold or was it a solid blue like that spectol, it would have been very nice looking in a clear blue :)?
mmerkel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmerkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2011 at 9:00am
Before my 22 year hiatus I used to play with a blue Mark V. I only got it at the time because of the color. I was one of the first in my club to have a different colored rubber. On the bh I had one of the reddish brown tacky Friendship 729..not the prettiest color combination. I would welcome if certain color combinations would be allowed again. I would definitely go for a new color.
#1 RL Balance -Bluefire M2 -Acuda S2
#2 RL Avalanche#2 -Bluefire M2 -Sigma Europe
#3 Primorac -Boost TP -Magna TC
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2011 at 8:43am
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

I was roaming around the internet today when I stumbled upon these photos of a BLUE spectol. 

could you share the link?
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2011 at 4:46am

The ITTF should allow multiple color combinations.
Black/Red
Blue/Yellow
Blue/Red
Black/Green
etc...

As long as the colors are not the same or really close to each other. This would be GREAT for the game.

Absolutely, we should have a dedicated thread for that in the ITTF section, or actually setup an online petition, it wouldn't be hard to make a chart where you can cross reference allowed colour combinations that are suitably contrasting. It's something that would be great for the cool factor popularity of the game and the rubber manufacturers, something that really should have happened in the first place when the colour rule came out

Edited by bluebucket - 04/30/2011 at 4:49am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanhuynh16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2011 at 10:42pm
Does anyone anyone happen to have a blue any rubber?? I would love to pay to have a blue rubber! :)
pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2011 at 7:41pm
I think the chinese rubber companies were missing a trick in allowing the 'only red/black rule. It made it a lot harder for the world beaters of the time to differentiate their rubbers with those of the japanese
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2011 at 6:26pm
The ITTF should allow multiple color combinations.
Black/Red
Blue/Yellow
Blue/Red
Black/Green
etc...

As long as the colors are not the same or really close to each other. This would be GREAT for the game.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanhuynh16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2011 at 9:17pm
Is there a place to buy blue rubbers??? I would like to have blue long pips! lol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic