FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

DHS Real of Fake?!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS Real of Fake?!!!
    Posted: 03/28/2011 at 7:22pm
Hi guys, I just bought a DHS Hurricane King Cpen version from ttnpp.com.  I always thought that there's some kind of Hurricane King words printed on the blade.  But when I received it, there's no artwork or wording printed on the blade at all.  Both sides are complete blank.  I read about verifying for the authenticity of the DHS blade on the DHS website.   When i typed in the serial number, the website said up to 12-18 digits, mine only came out to be 9.  And the status of the verification was that "含有非数字字符“ - ”serial contains irregular codes".  Does this mean that the blade I bought from ttnpp.com is complete fake?  Please help me verify this, thank you all!!!

uploads/611/IMG_7277.JPG
uploads/611/IMG_7278.JPG
uploads/611/IMG_7279.JPG
uploads/611/IMG_7280.JPG

If proven to be fake, any chance of refund?  What are your experiences?  Any advice or opinions are greatly appreciated, thank you!

Edited by liulin04 - 03/28/2011 at 7:38pm
Sponsored Links

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2011 at 12:09am
was there a hologram on the packaging? that's usually where the 12 digit code is (you have to scratch it off like a lottery ticket).

also, moved this to the equipment forum, as you'll likely get the most response there, and it is an equipment question.

tsk tsk, i shouldn't need to remind seasoned veterans about what forum sections to useCool
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
jasonz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2011 at 12:22am
I have a hurricane cpen.  I bought it from my friend who is donic, andro distributor in China.  He is very reliable.  The blade that I got had the writing on it but before he attached rubber he purposely rub it off with sand paper (I was not sure why).  He had 2 other hurricane kings both of them did not have the writing on it.  From your photos, the blade and material looks legit.  

Also, I checked mine and I agree with icontek.  There are 12 digits with the hologram on the box and 9 digits with the code on the blade.  I didn't have to scratch mine off or anything to see the code.  So, overall I think you'll be okay.  
Jason Z

Stiga Xu Xin Dynasty
FH DHS TG -60 Soft
BH DHS H3 white sponge pro
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2011 at 12:26am
My C08 HK blade does not have the writing on it.  My friends' HK blades do not have the writing either.  The new HK655 blades do have writing on them.

sweetstrike View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2011 at 12:42am
I've found ttnpp to be a reputable seller. I would assume he would also have reputable suppliers or gets it straight from DHS. And that he would be able to identify fake equipment.
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2011 at 3:03am
Thank you guys for all your inputs.  After reading all of your comments carefully, I was able to find the hologram like what icontek and jasonz mentioned, thank you.  It was actually at the bottom of the box.  After I verified with DHS, the blade is indeed an authentic DHS production.  As for the no print, I guess maybe it's an older version?  Anyhow, thank you all so much for the taking the time to clarify my concerns.  I can't wait to test it out tomorrow!!!  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic