Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

everything is WRB..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eecrive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eecrive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: everything is WRB..
    Posted: 03/30/2011 at 3:39am
well..seems also our beloved acoustic/violins are WRB at the end....
Sponsored Links

qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 3:55am
Hmm, doesn't seem so bad to me. Most WRB blades, such as the Stiga ones, are fully hollow even through the center wood plies. The Acoustic seems to only have a small hollowed out area in the handles only. Good to know though since I use Acoustic. Thanks for sharing.
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 4:01am
The centerply is not hollow though, probably it will make the blade more balanced, other wise it will be handle heavy. Thanks for the info...

Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 4:01am
good experimentation right there. I think nittaku didnt give information like that, that they did the handle of the nittaku acoustic a bit hollow.
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)
FH:    Andro Rasant Powergrip
BH:   Andro Rasant Grip

cool_natja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cool_natja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 5:07am
@ eecrive : thanks for sharing. did you do on purpose or accidentally broke it :) ?
                  wonder if earlier versions are also semi hollow.
                  of course, if you got older Acoustic or Violin,  you don't need to break the handle just to   prove it Tongue
"Nothing replaces training" - Stellan Bengtsson
qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 5:16am
Guys, did you know that TT balls are WRB? I cut one open the other day. LOL
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 5:26am
UPROAR!

Nothing wrong; just new Thumbs Up
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 5:47am
Dissapointing :(.  I wonder if my acoustic V1  has got the same WRB handle.

OLD TBS v.1.0 old badge/no logo suffers exactly the same issue....

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
van_doorn View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote van_doorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 5:48am
Where does WRB stand for? 
Butterfly Harimoto sZLC
Butterfly Tenergy 05
Xiom Vega Japan

MyFeedbackSection
qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 5:54am
Originally posted by van_doorn van_doorn wrote:

Where does WRB stand for? 

Apparently: "W=Weight balance. The balance of the blade is scientifically moved to the point contact is made with the ball. R=Rate of recovery. Due to the decrease in blade weight the player improves his rate of recovery after each stroke. B=Ball sensitivity. The scientifically positioned recess in the handle provides extra sensitivity of touch."
cool_natja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cool_natja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 5:59am
@ van doorn :
Stiga calls their hollow handle system "WRB", it stands for :

W– Weight balance. The balance of the blade is scientifically moved to the point contact is made with the ball.

R– Rate of recovery. Due to the decrease in blade weight the player improves his rate of recovery after each stroke.

B– Ball sensitivity. The scientifically positioned recess in the handle provides extra sensitivity of touch.

"Nothing replaces training" - Stellan Bengtsson
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 6:05am
I'm pretty sure some handles are solid, just gotta crack them open to find out. 
qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 6:07am
A few questions: How old is this Acoustic?

This is like, the lowest end of WRB I've seen. Which really isn't too bad. I'd say second is the Donic Waldner Senso Carbon and the like, and lastly the full on hollow handles of the Stiga WRB series, including the Ebenholz.
eecrive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eecrive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 6:14am
well... Nittaku uses a particular glue... which is easy to remove with a heater... unfortunately that happened during a training session.. now i re-glued the handle without problems....
eecrive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eecrive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 6:16am
ah i forgot... also butterfly are made like this.
van_doorn View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote van_doorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 6:18am
@ qynthnghm and cool_ninja

Thanks for the explanation!
Butterfly Harimoto sZLC
Butterfly Tenergy 05
Xiom Vega Japan

MyFeedbackSection
TheRobot99 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 9:15am
I think JOOLA handles are solid. My blade is head heavy, but makes heavy rubbers like H2 and Thor's feel light.
Ross Leidy Custom, DHS Hurricane III Neos, Nittaku Nodias

Xiom Fuga, Globe 999 National 39, Nittaku Nodias

JOOLA Torre All+, DHS Hurricane II #19 Sponge, Galaxy Moon 38

PTTC VP - 2011-12
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 10:09am
Tenor is the same. I take out the grip halves long time ago to put different ones to make a more comfortable handle and change to a more handle balance blade. But that is a minimum hollowness that has nothing to do with the ebenholz hollowness.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
mercuur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercuur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 10:21am
Originally posted by eecrive eecrive wrote:

well... Nittaku uses a particular glue... which is easy to remove with a heater... unfortunately that happened during a training session.. now i re-glued the handle without problems....

This particular glue as advertised for the lamina is glutinglue. Glutinglue is heatresistant if not saturated with water. If the griphalves come of by heating (the usual way to remove a griphalve) they are not glued with glutinglue or not glued properly they maybe came of from vibrations.
When a griphalve is glued on with glutinglue (as with Osp blades) it can,t be removed the usual way by heat (approx 90-100 degree) and slicing it off.

There is a simple way to test : if it,s glutinglue the glueremains on the lamina and griphalve should become tacky again when moisted at the surface with a bit of warm water.

The hollow part is for the balance. Otherwise they would have to use less dense lighter wood which can make a thin lamina too flexible and weak in the neckarea. Griphalves on thin lamina,s are also more volume hence they weigh in more.
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 7:21pm
Nearly every good blade has a hollow handle including every Joola I have, you can't afford the weight somewhere on a blade that has no purpose other than someones imagination :)
vvu.tee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvu.tee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 8:16pm
the new Joola Viva is hollow as well
(1) BTY T64 - BTY M.MAZE - BTY T05
(2) BTY T64 - BTY M.MAZE - DHS H3 Neo Provincial
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 8:23pm
not everything is wrb. there are blades with 100% solid griphalves and handle.

for instance the dhs hurricane king.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

not everything is wrb. there are blades with 100% solid griphalves and handle.

for instance the dhs hurricane king.

100% correct as I disassembled my HK 655's handle to find that it is a well made handle ,it contains two black pins made of plastic that reinforces the blade handle even more. A solid wooden handle.
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 9:08am
I don't think OSP blades are hollow. I've played with 2 blades and neither of them felt head heavy like Stiga blades. Compared to many of the players on this forum I dislike head heavy blades. Most of the good rubbers are heavy and combined with blades having hollow handles result in a combination which I don't like.

I'm curious if YEO is hollow or not, because I think is hollow or the wood in the handle is light.
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 12:25pm
The marketing for these blades/rubbers is really incredible...and we are just as incredible for buying into the hype.  Does hollowing out the handle really make that much of a difference!  Am I really gonna swing my racket faster if it weighs a few grams less due to the hollow handle!  I doubt it.  Maybe there is slightly more ball sensitivity, but again....don't think it's really gonna make that big of a difference.  I remember when butterfly tackifire first came out many years ago.  The club that sold it just got a new sheet of it in and while reading the description it said...."produces a frightening amount of spin"...so the guys and I were like woa...I gotta try this so I bought it.  Ha...it wasn't much different than the other butterfly sheet I was playing with. 
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
barnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 1:22pm
I´ve made the same what he made with acoustic with Yasaka Extra ST. It was surprise that Extra is WRB, too.Shocked Not as much as Stiga WRB, but definately more hollow than Acoustic.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic