Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some videos of me playing (USATT 1691)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
duchoangle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duchoangle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some videos of me playing (USATT 1691)
    Posted: 04/14/2011 at 2:35am
Seeing videos of Jye & Jeff from ATTA, I'll be posting some videos of me playing against some teammates from my collegiate team as well (we're in the same division as UT). I'm the Asian guy in the videos and my current rating is 1691.

The following 2 videos are me playing with the same opponent (USATT 1647). The first one is just a practice match. The second game is in a (somewhat serious) tournament at my school, which explains the increased conservativeness, although I think both of us didn't play very well that day because of sleep deprivation.

1st video (practice match): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVa6wdPSEzQ

2nd video (tournament): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciYEg381CuM

This following video is my practice match with a trickier guy who's supposed to be a long pips chopper (USATT 1813). He has a unique and weird style that can't be categorized as "long pips chopper", but I don't really know what else to call him.

3rd video (practice match): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfW48gT8Z60

Please leave some comments as you see fit! Smile

Duc

Edited by duchoangle - 04/15/2011 at 2:47am
Donic Epox Offensiv - Tenergy 05-FX 2.1mm (BH) - Tenergy 80 2.1mm (FH) | USATT: 1831
My Videos
Sponsored Links

smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2011 at 6:43am
Good on you, you have a nice game, just practice to get more consistancy on your backhand as if you have to do too many in a row you start loosing your form
 Just one point about tactics all your serves seemed long so mix it up a bit and (in the first vid) your loops were going to his bat so practice looping towards his backhand/body and away from him
but great matches
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2011 at 12:15pm
I agree with smackman, you have a good game. You don't rush your opening, your timing is good. Smackman have given some good advice. I just want to say that, IMO, you still can improve your FH, spin and power wise..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duchoangle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2011 at 2:41pm
Thanks smackman & dragonkid for your comments. I agree that my backhand is one of the weakest parts of my game; fortunately people don't pick on it too much in tournaments. My BH loop is improving, but it'll be a long time until it's nearly as reliable as my FH loop. I also agree about the ball placement point, but note that the 3 of us know each other very well, and I have a pretty specific placement pattern that's somewhat hard to change in the middle of the game. My FH loop can be faster and spinnier, but I think at this level consistency is more important, so I'll just improve power little by little without sacrificing too much accuracy.
Donic Epox Offensiv - Tenergy 05-FX 2.1mm (BH) - Tenergy 80 2.1mm (FH) | USATT: 1831
My Videos
nightcrawler56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightcrawler56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2011 at 8:21pm
this is roughly 1700 American rating? bro I am not going to lie but i believe you should bend your knees and learn some proper technique, from a coach or very strong player.
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2011 at 10:08pm
i'm about 1700 and duc can probably give me a run for my money for sure. 
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2011 at 1:26am
Wow I didn't watch the whole videos but I thought the backhand looked very good, very loose and a lot of spin to it.  Easy to improve, just do more drills and work on your placement.  Timing looked good.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2011 at 1:56am
Who's Nasco? Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duchoangle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2011 at 2:23am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Who's Nasco? Smile

Realized your fellow Bulgarian? Tongue

He's the one in the 3rd video.
My Videos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duchoangle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2011 at 2:24am
Originally posted by tpgh2k tpgh2k wrote:

i'm about 1700 and duc can probably give me a run for my money for sure. 

I wouldn't be so sure about that if your loops land man Big smile
My Videos
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2011 at 5:35am
Originally posted by duchoangle duchoangle wrote:

Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Who's Nasco? Smile

Realized your fellow Bulgarian? Tongue

He's the one in the 3rd video.

Sonds like Nasko. But it could have been a short name for Nascondito. Smile

His style is very much Bulgarian. Wink We have at least ten kids playing like him in our club.
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2011 at 7:26am

He has a unique and weird style that can't be categorized as "long pips chopper", but I don't really know what else to call him.
 This particular style is widely referred to in the academic circles as dr. Neubauer  wanna be.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
shihjye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shihjye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2011 at 7:36am
Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

He has a unique and weird style that can't be categorized as "long pips chopper", but I don't really know what else to call him.
 This particular style is widely referred to in the academic circles as dr. Neubauer  wanna be.

Now I don't know if you meant to insult, but wannabe always sounds insulting.

So instead I'm just gonna say, Nasco is Nasco, and he play's a lazy looking style. He's aggressive when he sees the chance, and the pips seem to just serve as an outlet for his preferred lazy style. If I'm not mistaken, he's said before that pips are nice in that you don't have to deal as much with certain kinds of serves. Somethings are as simple as that. :P Of course, there's more to his game than just that, hahaa.

@Duc: you owe me some points man, I'll be hunting you down at our next tournament. Wink
Stiga Rosewood XO
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Nittaku Hammond Pro Beta
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2011 at 8:02am

It shouldn't be taken as an insult, but as a compliment. Dr. Neubauer is, after all, a model for many to follow. 

Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2011 at 8:39am

The only thing one should strive to follow in Dr. Neubauer is the title. Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duchoangle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2011 at 12:01pm
Nasco's short for Atanas actually Smile He was just bumped to 1813 after the last Austin RR. For those who've played or seen Nasco play, you know how good he is at making even 2000+ players uncomfortable, and I can assure you that he in no way wants to play like Neubauer lol

@fatt: I'm surprised you could tell. In this video he's still using his old paddle, which is an OFF+ blade with Tenergy 5 on 1 side. Now he's using an oversized defensive blade with Donic Coppa.

@Justin: you better bump your rating up by then!

Edited by duchoangle - 04/15/2011 at 12:04pm
My Videos
shihjye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shihjye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2011 at 6:23pm
@Duc: no no no, I'll be extra careful to keep it super low just for you. :D :D :D You can think of it as friendly revenge. Big smile
Stiga Rosewood XO
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Nittaku Hammond Pro Beta
lu1648 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lu1648 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2011 at 2:48am
Stay closer to the table and learn the table game before u start stepping back and loop. Keep the ball lower also help u waste less energy so u can drill/practice longer. Otherwise u look awesome.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic