Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traditional penhold backhand?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
THE GAMEr View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE GAMEr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traditional penhold backhand?
    Posted: 07/11/2011 at 11:22pm
So, yet another question...I'm full of 'em! Can a TBH be as powerful/effective as RPB? I know it depends on the situation, but i mean in general. it is difficult to develop both and use both, so i want to stick to mainly just one. can you get an effective bachand topspin with cpen TBH? i know you can with jpen (kim taek soo=excellence!) with much practice, so i shouldn't see why not with cpen! I kinda like the TBH better than the RPB, but if it would be better to learn....any advice?
If at first you don't succeed, you're not Chuck Norris.

729 Dynasty Hinoki
FH 729 Cream Transcend
BH 729 super FX
Sponsored Links

liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2011 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by THE GAMEr THE GAMEr wrote:

So, yet another question...I'm full of 'em! Can a TBH be as powerful/effective as RPB? I know it depends on the situation, but i mean in general. it is difficult to develop both and use both, so i want to stick to mainly just one. can you get an effective bachand topspin with cpen TBH? i know you can with jpen (kim taek soo=excellence!) with much practice, so i shouldn't see why not with cpen! I kinda like the TBH better than the RPB, but if it would be better to learn....any advice?

Yes it can be, but its much more difficult. I still think learning both is by far the best way to go, starting off with TBH and then going to RPB. Being TBH-only was made for penholders because the most important part was the forehand, and along with that the footwork. Usually you always tried to run around the BH and hit the FH. Honestly, I really think you need both. I use the RPB away from the table, but the TBH is my rallying shot and I don't know what I'd do if i had to give up one or the other. 
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2011 at 11:49pm
at pro level: NO, at amateur level: YES
in the end TT stroke is about circular movement, the more effective you make use if it the more lethal a stroke will be, tbh, top spin or punch hit, will somehow never be as effective as rpb in circular acceleration due to arm mechanism constrains.
for jpen players the tbh is still a transit skill rather than a winning weapon, it can not open over the table loop, it is slow and requires more body movement and positioning, it has few spin variations, etc. if they have a choice they will always go for FH loop instead.
YEO
FH: 729 08 ES
BH: Focus III Snipe
Senkoh-1
FH: H3 Comm
BH: 755
THE GAMEr View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE GAMEr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2011 at 11:55pm
HM, thanks for the quick replies! So I can learn both then and they wouldn't mess each other up? ok. i suppose I'll keep working on both. And should my grip be with them stacked (only middle finger touching BH rubber) or flattened but curled (all 3 touching the rubber) if i want to do both?

729 Dynasty Hinoki
FH 729 Cream Transcend
BH 729 super FX
shaolinTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaolinTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2011 at 12:34am
Agree with LiXiao and atv.
This is one grip you can try for both BH's.  WJJ's grip is not the only grip but it will work.

liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2011 at 1:58am
Originally posted by THE GAMEr<b> THE GAMEr wrote:

HM, thanks for the quick replies! So I can learn both then and they wouldn't mess each other up?
ok. i suppose I'll keep working on both. And should my grip be with them stacked (only middle finger touching BH rubber) or flattened but curled (all 3 touching the rubber) if i want to do both?

This is probably the biggest misconception out there. If they were that counterintuitive, no one would try and master both (Liu Guoliang, Ma Lin, Xu Xin, Wang Jianjun, and many more)

This will probably be your best bet. Liu and Xu use straight fingers, all laying flat on the paddle, where as Ma and Wang curl. Wang keeps all his fingers curled on the paddle, Ma keeps only his middle and ring, and keeps the pinky raised. You don't see many people stacking all of them on top of each other unless they are strictly TBH, for example, most older pros like Jiang Jialiang, and Chen Longcan would stack the fingers because it would be an immediate transition to TBH, and little effort was required. 
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
THE GAMEr View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE GAMEr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2011 at 10:50am
ShaolinTT: thats similar to the grip i have had in the past, and I'll probably keep it; it's a little different, but similar.
liXiao:Haha I guess you're right....I've just never noticed Ma Lin or Xu Xin doin a TBH (I studied them for their footwork and rpb, so i wasn't paying attention to TBH). thanks!

729 Dynasty Hinoki
FH 729 Cream Transcend
BH 729 super FX
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2011 at 11:23am
 RPB has only one clear advantage over the PB - at very high level you can use it with great success in counter looping rallies. Which combined with his talent and devotement to it  is the reason why Wang Hao is so successful. However, the lower the level, the greater the advantage of the penhold backhand. At the highest level both styles are equally competitive, though it is much harder to use successfully the traditional style at the highest level. In the 80's and 90's many attempts were made to develop the traditional backhand topspin stroke. The only player who managed to achieve it was Domuschiev, who used his unique technique to beat players like Gatien, Persson, Waldner and most impressively he beat the 8-time  Japanese champion Kiyoshi Saito. Since then the further development of this technique has been abandoned.

Edited by ChichoFicho - 07/12/2011 at 11:24am
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
capablanca8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capablanca8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2011 at 11:54am
Liu Nai Hui, winner of the 2011 US Open Women's Singles, has a beautiful traditional bh, which she also attacks with.  Here is a video of Liu playing JiaQi Zheng, who has a terrific rpb.  This was the finals.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lY5WpE1Bqg
chu_bun View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chu_bun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2011 at 12:39pm
I think you should learn RPB because it is an very effective shot.  I would prefer playing against a traditional pendholder than one with RPB any day.  Furthermore, from what I can see, RPB seems to be an easier shot to learn than TPB.  I don't see many players with a powerful and consistent TPB.  But most players who picks up RPB early in their development, can flip and loop with power, spin, and consistency.
Clipper Wood, Sanwei Gears FH, Sanwei T88-I BH.
bleachfan92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleachfan92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2011 at 12:47pm
traditional backhand has many disadvantages...
a short service to your backhand will show you all of the disadvantages. its the problem with the current trend of playing. now there are so many methods of attacking after the service directly and traditional penhold falls short of this. even tho most of us may not be playing at the pro level, but most rpb or shakehand players are still able to capture these new techniques.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2011 at 1:06pm
I disagree with the lower level-more effective tbh point. It comes down to efficiency and body mechanics. TBH is very very much an unnatural position for your body to be in and make a shot from. The people who are good at it are very much drilled into it and many would say if they could have learned RPB from the start they would choose to. RPB is much more natural, powerful, and efficient. That's all there is to it. The TBH's use in the modern game is simply as an extra option for more variation... but shot to shot against RPB really has no comparison- you can generate much more with RPB in terms of pace and spin. TBH is a placement shot or borrowed power shot 100% and people who try to generate lots of power with it are doing something even more unnatural than the shot itself.

inefficient.. that's all there is to it. I appreciate it for what it's worth.. but comparing it to RPB in any kind of attacking scenario is a win for RPB. Over the table, off the table.. RPB is an offensive active shot. TBH is a very passive and dependant shot.
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2011 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

I disagree with the lower level-more effective tbh point. It comes down to efficiency and body mechanics. TBH is very very much an unnatural position for your body to be in and make a shot from. The people who are good at it are very much drilled into it and many would say if they could have learned RPB from the start they would choose to. RPB is much more natural, powerful, and efficient. That's all there is to it. The TBH's use in the modern game is simply as an extra option for more variation... but shot to shot against RPB really has no comparison- you can generate much more with RPB in terms of pace and spin. TBH is a placement shot or borrowed power shot 100% and people who try to generate lots of power with it are doing something even more unnatural than the shot itself.

inefficient.. that's all there is to it. I appreciate it for what it's worth.. but comparing it to RPB in any kind of attacking scenario is a win for RPB. Over the table, off the table.. RPB is an offensive active shot. TBH is a very passive and dependant shot.

This is exactly what people who play SH would have said, if you replace the word TBH with cpen, and RPB with SH.
THE GAMEr View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE GAMEr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2011 at 2:09pm
Well, ok, there's a bit of debate over the subject i see. I guess I'll practice both! I like the TBH more (much more fun) but I've been told that my RPB is hard to return. However, one of the guys in that club (jpen, but I think it would still be effective cpen) has a very fast backhand loop drive/hit. granted it isn't nearly as good as his FH, but that gives me hope for TBH. Still , I shall utilize both, I suppose.

729 Dynasty Hinoki
FH 729 Cream Transcend
BH 729 super FX
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2011 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by bleachfan92 bleachfan92 wrote:

a short service to your backhand will show you all of the disadvantages.
Being unable to return the serve is due to the player's low level and bad technique and not due to some inferiority of the penhold backhand. It is recommended to use your forehand rubber when you play short balls to your backhand anyway.

Originally posted by bleachfan92 bleachfan92 wrote:

but most rpb or shakehand players are still able to capture these new techniques 
 One should distinguish between a style and the players representing that particular style. The traditional penhold style is not obsolete as some people here are trying to prove. It has proven itself viable at all levels. The easiest thing when someone loses is to blame the style and not himself. Thus in recent years most of the weak character penholders have switched to rpb and later (or directly) to shakehand. This does not make the style obsolete.
 One obsolete style nowadays is the defensive style. So if we follow the logic of our dear forum friend beeray1, all defensive players should throw away their long pimple rubber and start looping because chopping is ineffective. Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?

Edited by ChichoFicho - 07/12/2011 at 2:16pm
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2011 at 3:31pm
All TBH players know the limitations of the TBH. The limitations have been well known for a long time.

Even those at very top level and have the years to fully develop their game, such as Kim Taek Soo or Ryu Seung Min, have been pinned on their backhand by SH players with excellent backhands, e.g. Andrezj Grubba. Doesn't matter how good your footwork is, it won't get better those two guys. And if you're pinned on the BH, you don't get to use your forehand loop weapon. You're reduced to blocking, counterpunching (more risky) and backhand kill (very low percentage). The reason why you get pinned on the BH side is you have to protect the extreme forehand. A good SH player will see you begin to step aside and then exploit that forehand hole. See how a young Lee Sang Su recently did that to a slightly older but higher-ranked Ryu Seung Min just recently. 

And even if you can step aside to use the forehand loop, unless you can finish the point Ryu Seung Min-style, now you're in a counterloop rally and have to cover the entire table with the forehand against a SH player who can cover the table more easily and counterloop from both sides.

It used to be that some top level SH players used to be forehand loop only, and used pips out on the backhand. But nowadays all good SH players have excellent BH loops as well.

RPB of course is a game changer, it provides the penholder with the ability to loop. Close to the table, the RPB loop is effective. The SH player can no longer expect the penholder to always push back when he cannot step aside.  And the RPB can twist loop over the table for the short ball too (as well as the SH player). 

However, I am not sure if the RPB block is any advance on the TBH block. For example, Chiang Peng Lung had an excellent TBH offensive punch block not yet equalled by RPB.

Away from the table, it seems only one guy in the world can reliably compete in a counterloop rally using the RPB loop with SH players. Of course, that is Wang Hao. He has power and accuracy. It's not clear anyone else can do that yet.

At the low amateur level that I play at (2100), as a former TBH penholder who recently acquired a RPB (see my blog), it's clear to me that the RPB offers a lot to the penholder. If you can develop the RPB loop to the point where you can reliably do an effective 3rd ball attack, it takes away the need to step aside (I'm not sure I'm there yet) and the extreme forehand is protected. And even if you can't win the point outright, being closer to the middle of the table means you can cover both wings during the ensuing rally. Having said that it's clear TBH still has a place. If someone loop into your body, oftentimes the TBH punch block is the quickest and most offensive response. My two cents...
sweetstrike View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2011 at 4:34pm
Kaii Yoshida also has a powerful TBH.
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2011 at 12:16am
I think sandiway and beeray1 make some excellent points about RPB and TBH. The RPB certainly allows one to initiate attacks more readily from various positions and the TBH--definitively--works against normal human body mechanics.

However, based on some recent experience with some truly skilled TBH practitioners, I also have to agree with LiXiao and ChichFicho.

If developed properly, the TBH allows for a variety of subtle and deceptive strokes. It is quick, efficient, and devious (in a good way Wink). ChichoFicho, in another thread, made an excellent point about not quitting a certain style because you struggle, but rather just work harder to develop that style. I think this is excellent advice. I've recently seen the TBH taken to the 2300-2400 level and it is impressive, to say the least. I speculate that many lower level players simply give up on the TBH before ever attaining this type of skill. LiXiao (I think it was him) mentioned a vid of LGL demonstrating the many techniques of the TBH. I've seen something similar, and it is fascinating.

Yet, the TBH is a "reactive" shot. To be effective (or rather, to be most effective) it requires the opponent to attack. Few people can perform an opening loop with the TBH and even fewer can do so effectively. Instead, they either have to push or run around the table like a mad man attacking with their forehand. The TBH, as I've seen it, requires the opponent's power to use it against him or her (and occasionally to remove power or change the spin to destroy the opponent's timing). Nonetheless, the TBH is fairly impotent with regards to initiating attack, unlike the RPB that can initiate devastating attacks.

I would love to be excellent at both. I think this is possible and the proof is in Ma Lin. He is (arguably) the greatest player ever to play the game. However, he also started very early in life and has access to the greatest table tennis resources on the planet. For many (most?) of us, it is unrealistic to think we will be outstanding at our forehand, outstanding at our TBH, and outstanding at our RPB. With increased choices come the larger reaction-time bill to pay.

Since I started late in life and don't currently have access to a coach, I want to simplify my life and pick one of the two backhands in which to excel. Personally, I chose RPB, simply because I came from shakehand so it's more intuitive and because I think it provides more of the options that are better suited toward modern table tennis. This is a personal decision and I'm not suggesting it's the "right" one. It's just the right one for me.

Nonetheless, I hope to develop at least a decent TBH eventually. I've seen its potential and I found it too powerful a tool to ignore. It is truly an art form and I highly respect the skills of those who have committed to it.

Edited by Anton Chigurh - 07/13/2011 at 12:27am
Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2011 at 12:28am
Originally posted by sweetstrike sweetstrike wrote:

Kaii Yoshida also has a powerful TBH.

Kaii Yoshida is also one of the fittest players on tour, who can run around 90% of his backhands. 
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2011 at 12:37am
yeah that guy looks like a cheetah- built for speed.

Kaii Yoshida is my favorite player on the japanese team because he doesn't play the passive patient japanese game that all the japanese are playing these days. He's exciting to watch. And he looks like the real life version of Vegeta from DBZ lol
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2011 at 12:44am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

yeah that guy looks like a cheetah- built for speed.

Kaii Yoshida is my favorite player on the japanese team because he doesn't play the passive patient japanese game that all the japanese are playing these days. He's exciting to watch. And he looks like the real life version of Vegeta from DBZ lol

Same reason why I like Chan Kazuhiro. His only purpose is just to totally overwhelm his opponent

I guess its a Chinese thing?

Kaii might slow down now after getting married. 

Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2011 at 1:06am
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

Since I started late in life and don't currently have access to a coach, I want to simplify my life and pick one of the two backhands in which to excel. Personally, I chose RPB, simply because I came from shakehand so it's more intuitive and because I think it provides more of the options that are better suited toward modern table tennis. This is a personal decision and I'm not suggesting it's the "right" one. It's just the right one for me.

Exactly my sentiments. Hopefully, in one month, I will regain my old RC rating, although it would be better to register a new playing person. It is probably correct to say that the grip is the mask that is shaping our TT personality.

Style is the man, isn't it?
opinari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opinari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2011 at 1:10am
Just to give my two cents, I'd recommend any new penhold player to learn only the RPB and ignore the traditional backhand. 

As others have mentioned, the traditional backhand is an amazing tool when used correctly - it allows for deceptive sidespin, chop blocks, and quick redirection of incoming balls. High-level players can also attack quite effectively with it by punching and flicking the ball.

The major problem though is that it becomes harder and harder to keep up with opponents, even at an amateur level. Learning to use a traditional backhand and keep offensive momentum is much harder than learning to use the RPB. And although the RPB's block has less variety, you don't have to use it as much because it's easier to attack with.

Finally, I've noticed that most players who combine the traditional backhand with the RPB have relatively poor reverse backhands. Most use RPB to loop slow underspin balls, but when anything fast comes, they tend to default to a traditional block. It's not easy to integrate the two strokes and the great part about the RPB block is that it's very easy to change it at the last moment into a topspin drive.

In full disclosure, I'm a 1900-level penhold player who only uses the RPB. Anything topspin that comes to my backhand, I will usually drive (not loop) with my backhand unless I'm forced off the table. If it's underspin though, I'll either loop with my RPB if the underspin is light or do a backhand push with my forehand rubber (I never push with the reverse side).
Blade: BTY Zhang Jike ALC-CS

FH: BTY Tenergy 05

BH: BTY Rozena
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2011 at 2:05am
The TPB block is quick to learn and very useful. The offensive block (punch) is also not so difficult to use against weak balls. Because of its quickness you can effectively jam your opponent and prevent them from getting off a strong shot.

The reason why it's useful even if you have RPB is that RPB is subject to the same crossover point problem that SH has. If you don't have time to quickly switch, a quick jab with the TPB is considerably easier to do.

However, I agree newcomers should not bother learning how to attack or counter hit with the TPB.

Sandiway
rick_ys_ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick_ys_ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2011 at 2:53am
Originally posted by opinari opinari wrote:

Just to give my two cents, I'd recommend any new penhold player to learn only the RPB and ignore the traditional backhand. 

I agree.

I'd also recommend new penholder players to get a penholder coach.

I'd even recommend new TT players, especially kids, to learn SH instead of PH.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2011 at 2:59am
Originally posted by rick_ys_ho rick_ys_ho wrote:

Originally posted by opinari opinari wrote:

I agree.

I'd also recommend new penholder players to get a penholder coach.

I'd even recommend new TT players, especially kids, to learn SH instead of PH.

Nice points guys. I will go even further. Let all players, at any level, be shakehand two-wing loopers who use grippy fast euro/japanese rubbers. No pips whatsoever. A dream will come true.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2011 at 3:47am
This is too much of an excess. I believe SP can be reserved for paralympic, LP for special olympic games. ;)
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2011 at 4:14am
If Guo YueHua is still playing at his peak today, he would be in top ten. He is the best attacking Cpen (traditional) player I've ever seen. So yes, IMO, even traditional Cpen BH can be effective. But at the highest level, you need special talent like Guo, Liu, and Ma Lin to be able to use traditional PH BH.
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
addoydude View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addoydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2011 at 11:29am
One style that I don't see in professional penholders is the use of "junk" rubber on the RPB. I see this a lot among old penholders who likely started with just single side penhold and then supplemented with LP or anti on the RPB  later. I think this is very effective strategy if one already has a well-developed TBH. 
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
H3 NEO / 388-D1
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic