Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

BEST SHOES FOR TABLE TENNIS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ttrastott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrastott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BEST SHOES FOR TABLE TENNIS
    Posted: 07/16/2011 at 3:23pm
Any idea? Best grip even on an old varnished wooden floor thats a bit dusty hehe :)
Donic Waldner Senso Carbon
FH Tibhar Genius Sound MAX
BH Tibhar Genius Sound MAX
Sponsored Links

ttrastott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrastott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2011 at 3:27pm
i got the adidas climacool 3T, but no good on a little dusty floor, its like ice skating, very hard to get to the ball on time, what about soccer indoor shoes, that could be an option...
ttrastott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrastott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2011 at 3:31pm
the thing is that not many of us play on taraflex or gerflor. Im sure my adidas climacool 3T would be amazing on that kind of floring but im not one of the lucky ones who can afford this floring All i get to play on is an old wooden floor with the varnish almost gone :D And im tired of sliding around the table Has anyone got the same problem?
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2011 at 4:18pm
personally, I find these Asics Gel Indoor shoes (except the white colored 1) & Mizuno Wave Rally Indoor court shoes  Yonex Volleyball/Badminton shoes are all quite nice. They're not cheap in Canada tho', I'd like to buy a pair when these are on sale & I now have a coupon for 10.00 Cdn off but then our Harmonized Sale Tax (12%) kills the saving already.
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2011 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

personally, I find these Asics Gel Indoor shoes (except the white colored 1) & Mizuno Wave Rally Indoor court shoes  Yonex Volleyball/Badminton shoes are all quite nice. They're not cheap in Canada tho', I'd like to buy a pair when these are on sale & I now have a coupon for 10.00 Cdn off but then our Harmonized Sale Tax (12%) kills the saving already.

Yeah Asics makes great indoor shoes, I use their shoes for squash and table tennis.
These are the ones I used for TT, the Gel Bladelyte (only available in asia, ordered from Iruiru). They were nice, very comfortable, good traction.

Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
Skippy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2011 at 7:56pm
I just got these for $30 at volleyhut.com.  They are obviously volleyball shoes, but they make great table tennis shoes especially if you are big.  They have alot of $30 shoes that are larger than size 13. 
Xiom Zetro Quad
FH: Andro Hexer Max
BH: Xiom Euro Vega Max
berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2011 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by ttrastott ttrastott wrote:

i got the adidas climacool 3T, but no good on a little dusty floor, its like ice skating, very hard to get to the ball on time, what about soccer indoor shoes, that could be an option...

i've tried indoor soccer shoes, it all depends on the shoes, some work perfectly, others still slide

i also put a +1 for asics and the mizuno shoes
Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2011 at 10:52pm
I've tried a bunch of shoes. In US, where we play on anything - wood floors, vinyl tile, lamenate, concrete, and rarely rubber floors its difficult to find proper shoes.

I tried table tennis and they were great, but... very hard on feet when on not on rubber floor - very little impact absorption ( I've tried several, and all felt the same ). They are also very snug by design and make it uncomfortable for me. Also, with little dust, you're sliding like on ice skates.

Volleyball shoes are great when on wooden floors but also attract way too much dirt on vinyl and make it a bit slippery. The worst is concrete floors - they don't stick to the floor at all - I am talking about Asics. Nike volleyball shoes were awesome on any floor but the model I liked is discontinued and the new one is inferior.

I have not tried indoor soccer shoes, however, the best I found so far and the most versatile are your very basic cross trainers whichever design and brand you prefer. They seem to provide adequate traction on any surface, they are durable, and inexpensive. Personally I wear Adidas cross trainers, but again, I'm on my last pair and the model I like is discontinued. Got to be my luck :)
Back to table tennis...
Speedstick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2011 at 12:28am
my Reebok Supreme II works fine. it's an indoor sport shoes. got mine in blue/black combination.
JOOLA Stellwag; Xiom Sigma Euro/Stiga Almana Sound ST

BUTTERFLY Red Kim Taek Soo; XIOM Omega IV

Lord, Grant what You command, and command what You will. -ST.AUGUSTINE
ttrastott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrastott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2011 at 3:32am
Leshxa Yeah i only get to play on a wooden floor thats a bit dusty and my adidas climacool 3T are useless. No grip at all and as you said tt shoes are very low and the sole in them is very hard. I dont even know why i still wearing them. Probably because i have no other proper table tennis shoes hehe But looking for something cheaper now Max 50€ Wouldnt like to go over 50 And i will probably go for soccer indoor or voleyball or so No tt shoes Even mizuno wave medal and all these kind of shoes They may be amazing but i think not on a wooden floor Its all for for people playing on those red carpets :) I had to put a gel insole into my adidas 3T coz it was hard as a rock Its a bit better now but im tired of sliding There has to be something out there Something softer and with very good grip Basketball shoes are amazing speaking of sole but too high and robust obviously, would be even looking funny playing table tennis in them :) Im lookin at the adidas super sala IX but they seem to be out of stock everywhere hmmm
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2011 at 7:42am
You can't go wrong with Adidas.
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
ttrastott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrastott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2011 at 7:50am
I will probably go for NIKE 5 GATO 

Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2011 at 8:28am
Asics Gel Rocket 5.
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
ttrastott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrastott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2011 at 8:39am
Just ordered NIKE 5 GATO white
nachalnik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nachalnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2011 at 11:24am
I recently bought Asics Seigyo. They are not sold in the US but you can still buy from Amazon and have them shipped from the UK. Really, really good and very inexpensive!
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2011 at 11:59am
I personally can't own Asics or Mizuno cos of their ugly logo. Does anybody here care about looks? All of these shoes are... too much man. So much drawings, so much color. Tasteless. 

I like clean looking, preferably white, with only a small logo somewhere. I don't need my shoes to scream at people.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
Reiin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reiin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2011 at 12:13pm

Just ordered NIKE 5 GATO white

I think that is a bad call. They needto have a lot of sole - those nikes don't.

Buy some good shoes not because of looks.

Edited by Reiin - 07/17/2011 at 12:14pm
Back to:
Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: T05 2.1
BH: T25 2.1

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=46026&KW=feedback+reiin&PID=571496&title=feedback-reiin#571496
Reiin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reiin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2011 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

I personally can't own Asics or Mizuno cos of their ugly logo. Does anybody here care about looks? All of these shoes are... too much man. So much drawings, so much color. Tasteless. 

I like clean looking, preferably white, with only a small logo somewhere. I don't need my shoes to scream at people.

I care about looks - mizuno and ascics I too think is too much.
Back to:
Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: T05 2.1
BH: T25 2.1

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=46026&KW=feedback+reiin&PID=571496&title=feedback-reiin#571496
ttrastott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrastott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2011 at 12:24pm
yeah thats why i ordered black and white 
ttrastott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrastott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2011 at 1:58pm
i didnt buy them just because of its look I bought them after compareing with another shoes, after reading many reviews on them and so on. The gum rubber sole seems ok to me, they're well padded, reviews on youtube were good too and i also have inner soles just in case they feel hard. One thing for sure Even if i go wrong i wount buy any other shoes until they fall apart he :) All i need is a bit more grip coz that i can change, i cant just rip up the wooden floor we play on he. 
YBFlash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YBFlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2011 at 12:53am

IMHO Mizuno and Asics shoes are the best in the field, even how they looks.
But more than look I care about quality and of course shoes which were designed especially for table tennis will suit the best for table tennis rather than some indoor Nike shoes or something. 
Blade: OSP Virtuoso+
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
BH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2011 at 1:01am
Anything made of that natural rubber looking stuff sticks to varnished wood really well, anything made from the foams that running shoes are made from wont. Those Rebook's Speedstick posted look really close to a proper Table tennis shoe as far as the sole goes
ttrastott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrastott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2011 at 5:21am
Well... hard to say From my experience with adidas climacool 3T TT shoes are designed for the red carpet pros play on The sole is very hard and low and i only have one knee on each leg and one spine :) but indoor soccer shoes were designed for varnished wooden floor and everything thats similar to that Im sure those nike 5 gato i ordered are gonna be a lot softer and comfortable.
Toprank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toprank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2011 at 11:40am
I think these are the best bang for the buck. $49.99. And for those that like the clean look, they are very clean. And you buy them in the USA.

Edited by Toprank - 07/18/2011 at 11:41am
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2011 at 1:03pm
The best quality tt shoes for the moment are made by Asics and Mizuno.
But the price is high. :) I am not familiar with nike's shoes, but it seems these shoes are better to be used for indoor football. The table tennis needs are very different.
I had 3 pairs Adidas M-TT-Enium, the first one was the greatest. After that, I have bought 2 new pairs, but nothing with the same qiality, for a pity.
For heavy people as me it is very importat the sole to be more softer and stable.
Then the player did not loss his foot's energy, so the power that he give to ball is better if he is more stable.
So I am using Mizuno Voleyball shoes. (Wave medal )
I have and Clima Cool(red/grey model), but I dont feel stable with these shoes, and the sole is very thinny.
Adidas handball shoes also are appropriate.

Edited by kolevtt - 07/18/2011 at 7:23pm
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2011 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by YBFlash YBFlash wrote:

IMHO Mizuno and Asics shoes are the best in the field, even how they looks.
But more than look I care about quality and of course shoes which were designed especially for table tennis will suit the best for table tennis rather than some indoor Nike shoes or something. 

X2     Mizuno are very nice for people with wider feet like mine.  No Asics fit me so far.  Who cares about logos and looks.....a shoe is for performance, fit, and comfort.  If you are worried about looks....buy some soccer shoes or all white K-Swiss shoes I would say.  

pablogilberto View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablogilberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2011 at 11:12am
Been wanting to Try the Asics Gel Blade 3...looks promising as a TT shoe.

jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2011 at 12:48pm
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
ttrastott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrastott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2011 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by pablogilberto pablogilberto wrote:

Been wanting to Try the Asics Gel Blade 3...looks promising as a TT shoe.

these look nice Imagine a shop where you can try as many shoes as you want for at least 2 hours and pick the one u like and then pay for it :D hehe I like my sense of humor
pablogilberto View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablogilberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2011 at 2:21pm

these look nice Imagine a shop where you can try as many shoes as you want for at least 2 hours and pick the one u like and then pay for it :D hehe I like my sense of humor

I think in the not so distant future, it's highly probable that one can Virtually "fit" a shoe online without ever having to go to the store.  think about using a webcam to get a virtual snapshot of both your feet and upload the information together with your weight and height, and you can probably see how the shoe would fit and how it would react to certain movements.  cool eh?? LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic