Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

globe 999 national ver good with KLH special?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ninglei23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninglei23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: globe 999 national ver good with KLH special?
    Posted: 09/25/2011 at 8:48am
hello guys right now I am using globe 999 national ver (glued) on stiga OC CR and I am just wondering to change to a kong linghui special when I am in college because I am a lot better when I am in college and kong is using it too with a globe 999 national ver so I guess it is a good combination  so I think it's the right time to use carbon blades again and I just want to know if it is a good combo for my style that is a power looper just for future references thanks.
Yinhe V-14
FH:Xiom Vega Pro
BH:Donic Baracuda
Sponsored Links

ninglei23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninglei23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2011 at 1:51am
Cry
Yinhe V-14
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2011 at 4:31pm
Hi there,

I've used 999 Nat on the KLHS for a while, but not glued up. It was extremely spinny on brush loops - the tackiest rubber I've ever tried. But quite slow. Could only use it on the forehand really. If you're planning on continuing to glue up, then it could be a monster. I found the KLHS to be one of the most forgiving ALC blades, so should be a great match if you can get the pace out of it you need with a bucket full of glue or popeye arms.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
ninglei23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninglei23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2011 at 10:53am
Thanks atleast Someone cared about my freakin thread haha
Yinhe V-14
TheRobot99 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2011 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by ninglei23 ninglei23 wrote:

Thanks atleast Someone cared about my freakin thread haha

Not everyone could answer your question.
Ross Leidy Custom, DHS Hurricane III Neos, Nittaku Nodias

Xiom Fuga, Globe 999 National 39, Nittaku Nodias

JOOLA Torre All+, DHS Hurricane II #19 Sponge, Galaxy Moon 38

PTTC VP - 2011-12
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2011 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by ninglei23 ninglei23 wrote:

hello guys right now I am using globe 999 national ver (glued) on stiga OC CR and I am just wondering to change to a kong linghui special when I am in college because I am a lot better when I am in college and kong is using it too with a globe 999 national ver so I guess it is a good combination  so I think it's the right time to use carbon blades again and I just want to know if it is a good combo for my style that is a power looper just for future references thanks.

A heavily glued National 999 is a potent rubber, and would make the OC CR more than enough equipment all the way up through the highest pro level.

I also disagree with the very concept of a ~US1000 level powerlooper.

If you are still, as you described it in an earlier thread, having trouble putting third ball attacks on the table, I don't think constantly changing your equipment will help your game much at all.

At your current level I would suspect that the number of unforced errors that a heavily speed glued sheet helps produce (due to spin sensitivity and outright speed) far outweigh the number of points won due to power.

And going to a faster blade is not a solution for improving your game in it's current state.

Likely, with the KLHS you will hit fewer winners due to placement errors, but the ones that do hit the table will be faster than with your current setup.

I'm sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
ninglei23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninglei23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2011 at 12:47am
I don't have trouble with it even back then but when I said that I had trouble with it my rubber doesn't have grip anymore and I didn't have any training when that happened because my self confidence became low but right now I am back to my old self again and I am planning to change to KLHS when I am in COLLEGE
Yinhe V-14
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic