FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

dhs pg7

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2012 at 2:32pm
Ok, I finally got my PG7 and played with it last night, it an ok blade if you really don't care much about feeling and speed.

Background: Switch my Joola phenix (FH) and LKT (BH) from my TB ALC to PG7
Glue: Tear Mender
Bounce: The ball does feel really bouncy, due to the goodness of Phenix!
Feel: Med

I think this blade can be used for recreational games, if you really don't mind the performance.  If you going to spend top $$ on some good rubbers, why use them on PG7?  get where I am coming from guys?

Keep your good rubbers on TB ALC is prob a better match!

I am keeping it at a spare for anyone who wants to borrow at my local club :)

Just my 2 cents..
Sponsored Links

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2012 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by tsanyc tsanyc wrote:

Ok, I finally got my PG7 and played with it last night, it an ok blade if you really don't care much about feeling and speed.

I think this blade can be used for recreational games, if you really don't mind the performance.  If you going to spend top $$ on some good rubbers, why use them on PG7?  get where I am coming from guys?

Just my 2 cents..

this is not a blade to be reviewed playing just one night. Have to get used to it. At first compared to a tb alc feels hollow and with lack of solidness. it has a different playing to be used to.

EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
pixies25 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixies25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2012 at 7:10pm

hi guys,

what blade (yeo or pg7) is even faster, with which you can generate more spin, I play with the ruber Haifu whale II  with red  sponge on the fh and bh Tenergy 64 fx  

thanks for your help

tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2012 at 10:56pm
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2012 at 7:55am
I played with one yesterday - was one of the best things I have ever played with.  Great for backhand flicks within the table.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
W0LovePP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W0LovePP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2012 at 8:12am
Really nice pictures! I wish it played well as reviewed.
Addicted-to-TT View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addicted-to-TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2012 at 8:32am
I thought it felt hollow as well. It had good control and was fast when you laid into it. It was to heavy for my likeing. Was hopeing for something more than my sanwei a6 but didn't get it
Sanwei
BH acuda s2
FH te 05

tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2012 at 11:46am
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

Originally posted by tsanyc tsanyc wrote:

Just my 2 cents..

this is not a blade to be reviewed playing just one night. Have to get used to it. At first compared to a tb alc feels hollow and with lack of solidness. it has a different playing to be used to.

Got it!
Next stop: Viscaria!LOL
davidz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2012 at 12:10pm

PG7 is faster and YEO can generate more spin. PG7 has less dwell time, and is less flexible.

Originally posted by pixies25 pixies25 wrote:

hi guys,

what blade (yeo or pg7) is even faster, with which you can generate more spin, I play with the ruber Haifu whale II  with red  sponge on the fh and bh Tenergy 64 fx  

thanks for your help

PG7 (Skyline 2, LKT XP)
YEO (Skyline 2, Skyline 3)
W0LovePP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W0LovePP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2012 at 3:57pm
Just got my PG7, not played yet. ALC is solid (harder). However, ALC seems dead to me. Hopefully, PG7 does not feel dead on shots.

Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

Originally posted by Pongz Pongz wrote:

I played with DHS pg7 tonight, for not very long though (I switched back to YES), so this is a not a comprehensive review.

Speed: Yasaka Extra Special > PG7 ~ Clipper..

Solidness/Hardness (think smash): YES > Clipper > PG7

Flex/Dwell Time (think loop):  PG7 > Clipper > YES

I think PG7 suits more for looping.. For people who need power or solidness from the blade look elsewhere... It has little vibration as well... 

Cheers  

Probably a slight difference in grs. or selection brings little different results.
the pg7 i have is powerful, not so solid as an alc but as solid for sure as a modern clipper or yes.
in any case it is a different blade. and the pg7 large head needs some particular game. 
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2012 at 10:51pm
 I must have got a "good" one. Mine has the ST grip (squared large) and weighs 91gr. For recreational play?...you have to be kidding me! Compared to my clipper Classic it has a bit more flex, slower in the lower gears but top end speed is as fast as my Clipper. I get better ball feel with PG7 than Clipper and the finish was very smooth compared to Clipper. It feels and plays like a pro blade guys and girls. With Mark V HPS 2.0 I get a big head and feel invincible in my 1600 kind of thinking LOL I love this blade. It's the kind of blade that can "fit" depending on your rubber selection/thickness. The outside plys are limba. The price to quality of the PG7 is great, so if your looking for a better Clipper like blade the PG7 is it. One thing I love about this blade is it gives you exactly what you put into the stroke. It's fast with great directional stability and the balance is just right. The wings are a bit wider so your finger is not hanging off the face of the blade which I like. What the heck...give one a try...you will be pleasantly surprised.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic