Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2011 European Championships

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by TheRobot99 TheRobot99 wrote:

Maybe the coaches should stick them on a plane and send them somewhere to compete against the Chinese. Or send them to China to train. It worked for Boll. (Though, it would work for anyone lol.)

Had Timo been training in China from the very beginning or at least like Waldi, he would have been on par with the likes of unbeatable ZJK/Ma Long nowadays, if not better. Well, it didnt happen, yet despite this "disadvantage" he's still a worthy opponent and the biggest threat to the Chinese. ( Yes, I said that and I meant it, hate me).

Edited by vutiendat1337 - 10/19/2011 at 9:17pm
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me
Sponsored Links

TheRobot99 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by vutiendat1337 vutiendat1337 wrote:

Maybe the coaches should stick them on a plane and send them somewhere to compete against the Chinese. Or send them to China to train. It worked for Boll. (Though, it would work for anyone lol.)

Had Timo been training in China from the very beginning or at least like Waldi, he would have been on par with the likes of unbeatable ZJK/Ma Long nowadays, if not better. Well, it didnt happen, yet despite this "disadvantage" he's still a worthy opponent and the biggest threat to the Chinese. ( Yes, I said that and I meant it, hate me).
I can't hate what you said when it's been reported that Chinese coaches have said that Europe has more natural talent and table tennis "genius" than China.
Ross Leidy Custom, DHS Hurricane III Neos, Nittaku Nodias

Xiom Fuga, Globe 999 National 39, Nittaku Nodias

JOOLA Torre All+, DHS Hurricane II #19 Sponge, Galaxy Moon 38

PTTC VP - 2011-12
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 11:17pm

I can't hate what you said when it's been reported that Chinese coaches have said that Europe has more natural talent and table tennis "genius" than China.

Well, I don't know. However, it might be just a complimentary so the Europeans don't feel that bad? HAHA. And also, give the population ratio, logically for one Timo there should be quite a bunch of at least equally talented. But on the other hand, Timo is the living proof of what you said. Btw: IMO Michael Maze is probably even more talented than Timo. Just look at him :)
bty petr korbel st
Feedback me
TheRobot99 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 11:59pm

Well, I don't know. However, it might be just a complimentary so the Europeans don't feel that bad? HAHA. And also, give the population ratio, logically for one Timo there should be quite a bunch of at least equally talented. But on the other hand, Timo is the living proof of what you said. Btw: IMO Michael Maze is probably even more talented than Timo. Just look at him :)
The coaches then followed the talent and "genius" statement by saying their training is so much better that talent won't help Europeans lol.

I would have to agree with Michael Maze being more talented. However, many would say he's a great example of wasted talent lol.
Ross Leidy Custom, DHS Hurricane III Neos, Nittaku Nodias

Xiom Fuga, Globe 999 National 39, Nittaku Nodias

JOOLA Torre All+, DHS Hurricane II #19 Sponge, Galaxy Moon 38

PTTC VP - 2011-12
riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 1:37am
Maze is more talented than Timo. Boll is stronger and more consistent psychologically though. I dont think that there is as big a gap between Europe and China in mens game as people make out. Just need European Players to play/train in China more and to be mentally tougher/more positive-believe more in themselves. I also believe Europe would benefit from a more co-ordinated approach with national associations working more closely with each other.
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 3:45am
Originally posted by riker71 riker71 wrote:

Maze is more talented than Timo. Boll is stronger and more consistent psychologically though. I dont think that there is as big a gap between Europe and China in mens game as people make out. Just need European Players to play/train in China more and to be mentally tougher/more positive-believe more in themselves. I also believe Europe would benefit from a more co-ordinated approach with national associations working more closely with each other.

how do you back that?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 6:10am

The coaches then followed the talent and "genius" statement by saying their training is so much better that talent won't help Europeans lol.

I would have to agree with Michael Maze being more talented. However, many would say he's a great example of wasted talent lol.

I couldn't agree more. What a waste, not to mention the injury and being out for like a year? Meanwhile the top tier has made a big leap since the last time MM starred. Too bad. I like his charisma and personality. I mean, if you look at his game, it's like improvisation, hahaha. I won't ever get enough of him recovering from loosing balance during matches.
bty petr korbel st
Feedback me
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 11:51am

Since the Europeans don't have a system near as good as China's, those who rise in the ranks have to be individual geniuses. Although in China, you have to work very hard to take advantage of their system and beat out the competition.
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 11:58am
Originally posted by riker71 riker71 wrote:

Would Boll or Maze be mentally and physically strong enough to sustain the long years of training in China? Their body might of broken down, or they might of got beat up by the tough competition early on, and couldn't continue...
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 12:08pm
Maze mostly got "beaten up" by himself - he allowed to be sucked into the "jet-set" kind of life and lost a few very important years to mediocre play... at the same time - from 2003 to 2007 Timo steadily rose to his current position (which is the only current European player who can consistently compete with the top Chinese players and often defeat them).  Vladi can still do that but only once a year, alas...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 2:00pm
JimT, could you expand a little on this Maze "jet-set" and "mediocre play"? My understanding is that he was mostly dealing with a knee injury after winning the 2009 European title.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

JimT, could you expand a little on this Maze "jet-set" and "mediocre play"? My understanding is that he was mostly dealing with a knee injury after winning the 2009 European title.

I am talking about his style after 2005 WTTC when he was on top of his game, very famous in Europe etc. He bought homes, cars, entertained himself etc... and forgot to work on his training. So for the next few years he really didn't accomplish much.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
SoWhySoSerious View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoWhySoSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2011 at 7:55pm
Irene Ivancan-Margaryta Pesotska:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8qplvN3iRk
http://www.youtube.com/ttCountenance

Don't lose yourself in table tennis, whatever it means to you.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic