Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adidas Tenzone & Tenzone SF Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2012 at 1:30pm
@debraj: Looking fwd to hear your review and comparison with HD.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
Sponsored Links

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2012 at 1:42pm
i hear from bagung that its like hexer HD but slightly softer.... 

i had problem with hexer hd when the initial tuning effect worn out and the sponge stiffened. So hoping this guy will bring some balance between visciousness and forgivingness.  :) 

but don't wait for my review .... i always get initially excited with ESN rubbers... and after a while either they lose grip (older generation) or they lose tuning and become harder (newer generation).

take my reviews with a pinch... (or rather, bowl) of salt ... Unhappy !!!

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2012 at 2:07pm
no problems, in time I got to know about what your priorities are when picking rubbers. They may not be same as mine, but it gets easier to understand whether I'll like that rubber or not by your opinion. 
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2012 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

Yesterday received the tenzones ordered from contra.de, and glued them onto my Xiom V1 blade. Previously, the racket had two Vega Pro 2.0 on it. 

First impressions - the racket is definitely lighter, the ball bounces higher and faster from it, and there is less spin when trying to do a service-like motion. Basically, yogi's review was spot on. Will try it tonight in a training session.

Had my first practice session today with the tenzones on xiom v1. Spin on serves is nothing special. Did not win any points from serves (which sometimes was achievable with vega pros). Short game with tenzones seemed very easy actually, which was something I did not expect,  - definitely less sensitivity to incoming spin, and more control when pushing. Blocking was ok, hitting and smashing lobs very nice with lots of control and precision. As to looping - this is where tenzones seem to excel. It was very easy to open up against underspin, slow loops seemed loaded with more spin than before, and with a very nice arc. Overall, I like it!
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2012 at 6:30pm
I made the tenzone 2.0mm as my fh and the P7 as my backhand. its safe to say that the 2.0mmm tenzone is still faster than the max P7. I have let 2 other high level players try it and they swear tenzone is a tad faster even with a thinner sponge!
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2012 at 6:34pm
you know, i never knew that adidas makes custom rubbers till i came to this forum 
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2012 at 6:45pm
sofaires... he he... we always learn new things in this forum .

eager to learn about your experience with Calibra LT Plus.... nobody used that rubber extensively to put up a review.

yogi only had tried it briefly i believe. 
vid1
Vid 2
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2012 at 7:33pm
I have reviewed the Calibra LT Plus last June but it was in 2.0mm
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2012 at 7:59pm
indeed and thats why i love this community everyone has knowledge in different areas im really happy that i found this forum hehe and i will put up a review soon im currently developing my skills but i will as soon as i get used to it, all i can say for now its hard to control but when you are getting used to it its just fabulous, im getting more spin out of it thanks to the tips i receive in this forum and the spin plus the speed its just amazing and it does make this amazing pop sound when you are attacking its nice the draw back that i can see is, is hard to make heavy spins when you are the first one attacking and im currently working on my serves with this rubbers.
zrrbiteDK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zrrbiteDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2012 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Sofaires Sofaires wrote:

you know, i never knew that adidas makes custom rubbers till i came to this forum 

They just buy from Tensor Factory X and get their name slapped on there, but it's still cool they're moving into the serious TT market : )
Current:

Avalox BT777 / ? / ?
Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2012 at 11:40pm
ahh no wonder i didnt knew about it i was absent of tt for a while and yogi bear i did what you told me change my lt spin to my FH and lt plus to my BH and its a lot better much more better thanks!
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2012 at 4:57am

Yesterday received the tenzones ordered from contra.de, and glued them onto my Xiom V1 blade. Previously, the racket had two Vega Pro 2.0 on it. 

First impressions - the racket is definitely lighter, the ball bounces higher and faster from it, and there is less spin when trying to do a service-like motion. Basically, yogi's review was spot on. Will try it tonight in a training session.

Had my first practice session today with the tenzones on xiom v1. Spin on serves is nothing special. Did not win any points from serves (which sometimes was achievable with vega pros). Short game with tenzones seemed very easy actually, which was something I did not expect,  - definitely less sensitivity to incoming spin, and more control when pushing. Blocking was ok, hitting and smashing lobs very nice with lots of control and precision. As to looping - this is where tenzones seem to excel. It was very easy to open up against underspin, slow loops seemed loaded with more spin than before, and with a very nice arc. Overall, I like it!

wait til you get to day 2 or day 3. the rubber has a break in period of 3 days usually. also the rubber is best exploited if you do brushes on your strokes. strokes above the table with closed angles are excellent. spin drives are very good with the tenzones and on the rise or off the bounce attacks

Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2012 at 10:44am
sorry to ask yogi but what do you mean when you say break in period
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2012 at 6:56pm
sofaires, its the time you need to wait til the full potential of the rubber comes out. some rubbers do not behave or play well in the first few hours of playing with it

Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2012 at 11:48pm
thats what i though but wasnt sure, thanks yogi
lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2012 at 11:53pm
P5 was the same way. Took a few sessions before it became as lively and spinny as it is now.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2012 at 7:19am
lildude, you know i really wanna try the P5. not just review it but also use it in my backhand

vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2012 at 11:34am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

wait til you get to day 2 or day 3. the rubber has a break in period of 3 days usually. also the rubber is best exploited if you do brushes on your strokes. strokes above the table with closed angles are excellent. spin drives are very good with the tenzones and on the rise or off the bounce attacks

Yesterday played my first league match with the tenzones,  and won all 3 games 3:0. It's been a while since I was able to do that. Pretty much same impressions as last time -  better control in the short game and not too sensitive to incoming spin as compared to vega pro's, and very good at smashing and looping. I think tenzones will stay on my V1 till the end of the season.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2012 at 7:05pm
vvk1, good to hear that you like the tenzone. I have played the s1 turbo and tenzone in the same blade and i noticed that the s1 turbo isnt as spinny as the tenzone and lack the strength in a short game and touch. s1 turbo is very fast their speed difference isnt much but it lacks the arc in the loops and the spin capability leaves much to be desired than the tenzone

patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2012 at 8:33am
http://www.indiatabletennis.com/index.php?route=product/shoppica&path=36&man_id=11 adidas P5 and P3 sold here
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2012 at 3:37pm
I've played with Tenzone today. It's feels somewhere between Aurus and Hexer HD. I've been using HD in the last few weeks, I'll mainy compare it to HD. Feels softer than HD, probably because of topsheet softness. Overall, feels and plays bouncier than HD. It's probably tick faster when looping. Glue feel and sound is better, more catapult. Even my home tuned HD does not feel as lively as Tenzone. Though it requires a bit more sponge involvement, just like Aurus. Serves are a bit spinnier, sensitivity to spin is more. It's a good rubber, but pricing is off. Performance-wise, I don't think there's big difference between this and Aurus. BTW, I've used it on Clipper CR non WRB. It's really fun to play with that combo but I can't say I'm really comfortable controlling it. I'll give another shot on PG7 which is slower and flexier. 
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2012 at 6:43am
i have aurus too. the trajectory of the aurus is flatter and so is the hexer hd. the 2.0mm tenzone is as fast as the max aurus

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2012 at 10:39am
Yes, that's right. HD has much better short and flat game. Tenzone loops nicer. 
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2012 at 4:43am
playing tenzone for last 3 days..... 

i have a peculiar experience.... once in a while (once in 20 shots) the ball will not lift and will make a funny sound.. and will slide on the rubber.... and hit the net.

anyne experienced this? ...or is it just me?

other than that its good so far....time will tell. 

also does the sponge of tenzone soften a bit after few weeks of play? ... if it does its a plus... because its still on the harder side of my preference.  but again no way a hard rubber. definitely softer than hexer HD
vid1
Vid 2
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2012 at 6:42am
deb, havent experienced that. and yes it softens by about 1 or 2 degrees from my experience.

how was the experience looping the ball to produce a heavy spin? would you agree that the tenzone has a higher arc compared to the hd? i think both of them have a soft topsheet and a hard sponge. 

vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2012 at 11:43am
I also had not experienced any such ball slipping. As to spin on loops, I played two matches this week against players who are better than me, to put it mildly (some of them play in SBL). After the match, they commented that my loops had much more spin than before, and it did cause them some trouble. 
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2012 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

deb, havent experienced that. and yes it softens by about 1 or 2 degrees from my experience.

how was the experience looping the ball to produce a heavy spin? would you agree that the tenzone has a higher arc compared to the hd? i think both of them have a soft topsheet and a hard sponge. 

yes tenzone with marginally softer sponge than hexer HD, engages the ball more ... and has a little higher arc. but still tenzone is hard, and still it is lower trajectory on passive strokes.... 

i tend to like this generation of esn rubbers .... since they are fast, firm and still very very gripppy ... and the grip is retained over time. i think they just got to get the hardness right... 

my sweet spot would be a 1 or 2 degree below tenzone (after 3 days of play); or about 3-4 degree above tenergy.

tenzone blocks very well ... i could have done without that blocking prowess... and a little softer....allowing me to take the ball a mili second late. if it softens slightly... it will be just ideal

vid1
Vid 2
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2012 at 12:46pm
vvk1...

i agree the spin is pretty decent. probably second only to palio thors and tenergy 05 at that speed level. 

its not the ball slide like not gripping well during slow strokes. but its more like in a middle of a counterloop from mid distance... suddenly something will happen... and there is a sound... and the ball drops dead rolling down the rubber surface. 

if you guys didn't experience this, then it could be a 'pasting' problem... may be there's some grain or something below the sponge... creating a small air pocket

vid1
Vid 2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2012 at 12:49pm
I experienced that.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2012 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by speaquinox speaquinox wrote:

I experienced that.

yeppie... a compatriot !! Clap

i knew ... i can't stick rubbers incorrectly after 6 years of EJing... LOL
vid1
Vid 2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic