FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nexy Clan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 14>
Author
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2013 at 10:43am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Originally posted by GoldenDragoon GoldenDragoon wrote:

From what I imagine the Calix "should" be better for looping, but does it have the great touch/control of the spart?

I prefer softer blades for looping myself, but that's just me.

Calix has a lot more flex.  It's excellent over the table for the short game due to hard outer ply and slight braking effect.  On bigger shots it speeds up a lot - less linear than Spart.  It comes down to soft/hard feel and stiff/flexy behaviour.

Spart has the best control in its category - laser guided - but lacks a bit of punch.  Calix has the solidity to be a proper OFF blade, but with a good short game.  I moved away from Calix due to its big flex - the gears were too wide for me.  If you like flexy blades, this won't be a problem for you.

Personally, I'm foaming at the mouth for Arirang.  That could be the Spart with a bit of extra grunt behind it.  If so - wow.

Arirang IS the blade I am awaiting to get supplied with to slap on Evolution and Aurus to go to a few National Open comps this spring. Everything Nexy is telling me about design and construction of this blade makes me want to operate it. Arirang is the consumate Korean name for a Korean blade. You do not get more folk or country than Arirang.

Out of all the blades I tried, I liked at first Qabod, then Calix II after I added 10 grams+ weight to the handle. I crave heavy blades and Calix is average weight.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Sponsored Links

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2013 at 11:34am
I alternate a lot between Spartacus and Calix 2 now, just like I used to do with Spart and the original Calix a year or so ago.

I use Spart and think - could do with a bit more ooomf. Then I go to Calix 2 and get that, but miss Spart's spin and safety. And then back again.

Would love to have a Spartacalix I guess. :-) I'm looking forward to Arirang a lot, or maybe Inca depending on how they differ.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
nexy.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2013 at 9:27pm

Nexy Peterpan testers.

PeterC

Andysmith

GoldenDragoon

Rich215

please Let me know your email address.

We've always been appreciative of your supporting and interesting in nexy.
Thanks.

Everything you need for tabletennis: nexyttstore.com
Toprank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toprank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2013 at 11:26pm
Congrats to the winners. I'm 0 for 4 on these test things...I guess it will make it sweeter when it will actually happen.
CURRENT BLADE- Ross Leidy White Lightning

FH- Haifu Blue Whale II

BH- Xiom Vega Europe
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2013 at 2:28am
Don't feel bad Toprank. I am the same the last few Nexy tests    , but there are members like PeterC who would generously sent their blades around for others to try.

GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2013 at 5:27am
Thanks Nexy....

I know of a few who will have a play with it and I can add their feelings here...
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 7:29am
For those who can read Korean (I can't), there some info about Tibhar Inca (designed by Oscar/Nexy), and some very nice pictures here:
http://cafe414.daum.net/_c21_/bbs_search_read?grpid=Dbac&fldid=6bww&datanum=311
I'm adding an automatic translation in a moment.

Edited by arg0 - 04/14/2013 at 8:28am
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 8:27am
So here's the description of Inca after automatic translation.
Originally posted by Google translate Google translate wrote:

Advanced hinoki on the surface was used, 3 layers of carbon, aramid laminate configuration insert. The center floor of lightweight wood is used for processing thermal processing. +2 6.0mm as hinoki ply full thickness, special time, in Blade thickness significantly inhibited.
Be released at a similar time Nexy "Arirang" and the brothers and the elite product, but "Tibhar" brand products each European products showing emotion. Feel soft and comfortable hinoki specialized in products of common sense than thrilled to nature, but the "Inca" the sense is highlighted. In addition to intercept the ball gently feel the beat strongly and when will vary widely also were able to see a lot of Tibhar in Features also. Exquisitely harmonious sense of European and Asian flair.
As you can see in the thickness of 6.0mm, the speed class, which is inhibited by OFF in the attack, which drives significant advantages acts.
Still see a chance to speak about the powerful smash that <br> lens is used instead of aluminum panels, and jewelry fabrication company that specializes in chic decor adds features of the Incas!
Weighs 80 grams versus early!!!
[The photo is a prototype, FL grip was used in the shooting. When officially released the new pictures will be posted.]

Of particular interest is the table with numeric values, which are objective measures:
  • Speed 93 92 (OFF)
  • BS (Bending stiffness) 91 90
  • OF (Overall feel) 99 96
  • IFF (Index finger feel) 81 80
  • RF (Repulsion feel) 110 107
There used to be a web site by IGSSTERN in English explaining these values, but it's offline now.
However, I've saved the page, so I'll add the explanations is my next post.

Edit Jul 22, 2013: Updated the values, as they've been modified on the original page.

Edited by arg0 - 07/22/2013 at 6:25am
Join the Nexy Clan!
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 8:33am
I want this blade!!! When is its release? 
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 8:40am
This is an English description of the objective measures used in the above review of Inca. It was written by IGSSTERN (Jeremy Yun) and was available on his web.me page. As the page is offline now, I'm copying the contents here.

I suppose all this info (and much more) is available in Korean on http://cafe.daum.net/hhtabletennis

All these indices are normalised and a value of 90 is considered as neutral.

====

1. Speed Level
The first index is “Speed Level”. The right expression of this index isn’t Speed Level but Restitution Level. But, for easier expression the word “speed” is used. By this index, we can define the speed sign and can classify blades as :
    100.0~          : OFF++
    96.0~100.0   : OFF+
    92.0~96.0     : OFF
    88.0~92.0     : OFF-
    84.0~88.0     : ALL+
    80.0~84.0     : ALL
    ~80.0            : ALL-
The sign “DEF” can’t be defined from Speed Level. Actually, in many cases DEF doesn’t mean the speed of blade. It just means that the blade is defensive. Many defensive blades have speed level of ALL~OFF.

2. Bending Stiffness
The second index is “Bending Stiffness”. As the name expresses, this isn’t anything other than “bending stiffness” of blade. This means the amount of force that is required for causing unit bending of the blade. There are original physical value of bending stiffness. But, for easier understanding and comparison, converted value is used in the review.

3. Overall Feel
The third, the fourth, and the fifth indices are concerned with “hardness”. Most of players can catch at least one among these three feelings.
The third index is “Overall Feel”. This is the most common feeling, and many makers probably describe the hardnesses of their blades following this. And, this index is in many cases very close to Speed Level index or Bending Stiffness index. But, there are also many cases that Overall Feel index is quite different from Speed Level index or Bending Stiffness index. In case of Ebenholz NCT V, the first, the second, and the third index are almost the same.

4. Index Finger Feel
The fourth index is “Index Finger Feel”, and this means the feeling that is transferred to player’s index finger. Index finger plays very important role in the communication between blade and player.
If this value is higher than 90.0 and player can catch the concerned feeling, the player will feel that the blade is hard or sharp. If this value is smaller than 90.0 and player can catch the concerned feeling through index finger, the player will feel that the blade is soft or mild. Index Finger Feel can be different from Overall Feel or Repulsion Feel. It causes the various opinions.

5. Repulsion Feel
Another very important index is the fifth one - “Repulsion Feel”. Repulsion Feel is the index which represents the degree (or level) of the feeling of repulsion. In many cases, player can’t catch this feeling when he/she hit the ball softly. This feeling has meaning when player hits the ball with fast & hard impact.
If this value is higher than 90.0, player may feel that the blade repels the ball strongly when he/she hit the ball with hard impact. If this value is smaller than 90.0, player may feel that the blade holds the ball deeply when he/she hit the ball with hard impact. For some players, the blades whose Repulsion Feel Index is over 90.0 may be considered as hard blade, and in contrary, the blades whose Repulsion Feel index is under 90.0 may be considered as soft blade. But, the other players will say that this feeling isn’t concerned with hardness.

Basic feeling is of course the third index - Overall Feel. But, for many players the fourth and fifth indices are more important and decisive values (sometimes these two indices are more important than Speed Level index), though most of players can’t notice that they are selecting blades following these characteristics. In this home page, these five indices will be provided for various blades. This will provide players who visit this home page a completely new angle of viewing table tennis blades. The new point of view is based on science, but at the same time it is deeply concerned with human sense.

Copyright @ IGSSTERN.
Join the Nexy Clan!
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 8:56am
Can you explain the 3 feels with specific examples of blades and their composition? 
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
igsstern View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igsstern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 9:01am
I'm really sorry that my home page was closed. That was because of the end of the service of me.com.
Currently I'm trying to find new home page service, but haven't found good one yet.
igsstern View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igsstern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 9:13am
Nexy Arirang.

Edited by igsstern - 04/14/2013 at 9:15am
weestenosis View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weestenosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 10:16am
Wow this ia a gem cause there is a gem....
Butterfly Amultart cpen

My Feedback
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 10:21am
Originally posted by igsstern igsstern wrote:

I'm really sorry that my home page was closed. That was because of the end of the service of me.com.
Currently I'm trying to find new home page service, but haven't found good one yet.

Jeremy, great to see you here!
I hope you don't mind I've posted your great measures of blade characteristics.
When I see the reviews on http://cafe.daum.net/hhtabletennis I'm really sad I can't read Korean.
I've collected your measures of a number of other blades (Nittaku, Stiga, etc.) for my own reference. Do you mind if I post them here for the other users to have references, as well?
Join the Nexy Clan!
igsstern View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igsstern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 10:30am
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Jeremy, great to see you here!
I hope you don't mind I've posted your great measures of blade characteristics.
When I see the reviews on http://cafe.daum.net/hhtabletennis I'm really sad I can't read Korean.
I've collected your measures of a number of other blades (Nittaku, Stiga, etc.) for my own reference. Do you mind if I post them here for the other users to have references, as well?

No problem. Those are open data. Please also collect the data of Tibhar and adidas blades. Smile
igsstern View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igsstern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 10:31am
Originally posted by weestenosis weestenosis wrote:

It seems that the gem on the handle is supplied by Swarovski.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 3:47pm

No problem. Those are open data. Please also collect the data of Tibhar and adidas blades. Smile

Those are the data I collected while your English page was still online:
uploads/20417/igsstern3-data.zip
Some I got from the Korean forum, but it's hard to me to navigate the site, as text selection is disabled and automatic translation on the whole site was also not working.
Feel free to add any data that is missing. These data are very valuable.

Edit: adding a table with the above data, for convenience.

Edited by arg0 - 04/15/2013 at 1:21am
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 3:48pm

I suppose this'll make the blade at least $10 more expensive.
Join the Nexy Clan!
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 3:55pm

I suppose this'll make the blade at least $10 more expensive.

You mean at least $10 better. :-)
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 5:32pm
I like that piece of jewelry.
But for sure this means bad news about the blade price.
How much is going to cost us this 2 $ jewel.
Mmmmm. Innovative design.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 6:03pm
Arirang seems to have a similar construction than Inca: hinoki outer, burned centre layer (kiri?), aramid-carbon. However, Arirang adds two wooden layers (ayous?) between the outer hinoki layers and the composite layers.

So Arirang has more layers (5+2) than Inca (3+2), but Inca has double the number of gems than Arirang! Tongue

Edited by arg0 - 04/14/2013 at 6:04pm
Join the Nexy Clan!
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 6:08pm
Thinking poetically, I wonder if it's a reference to the "stars in the sky" lyric found in the Arirang song? Thinking practically, it's probably not going to improve my short game...
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 6:10pm
EJM, ask Hookshot about some blades he made with gems, a great story.

I really want to get my hands on the Arirang and use it in some upcoming Natl opens.

Anyone not figuring it out for themselves, igsstern is top-rate tester, designer, and runs the biggest/baddest TT board in Korea. (baddest means the best ^^) Too bad I haven't posted a ton on his board lately.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 6:39pm
Any release dates for Inca or Arirang yet?
metalone View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 7:27pm
Just received a Peter Pan, played three sessions or 4 hrs - FH Blue fire BLack max M1, BH Evolution BLack max ELP (didn't have red).
I must say that the control vs speed, is very good - I was very impressed. I would rate the blade as OFF-, which does everything well and if you want to excel in any shot discipline, then technique is needed.   For an all wood blade, the sweet spot is very large and there is minimal difference in the speed on the outer edge.
Gave up listing, too many changes.
Blade - Yes
BH - Rubber Red
FH - Rubber Black
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

EJM, ask Hookshot about some blades he made with gems, a great story.

I really want to get my hands on the Arirang and use it in some upcoming Natl opens.

Anyone not figuring it out for themselves, igsstern is top-rate tester, designer, and runs the biggest/baddest TT board in Korea. (baddest means the best ^^) Too bad I haven't posted a ton on his board lately.

As i said. I like those gems.
About igsstern i do not know him.
But imo Nexy reviewers are not good.
It is a mess.
I am not going to say that i am the top tester but i think i can do it better and more clear, less biased and with more references.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2013 at 1:19am
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

[...]But imo Nexy reviewers are not good.
It is a mess.
I am not going to say that i am the top tester but i think i can do it better and more clear, less biased and with more references.

Then join the clan! If you don't have the opportunity to buy or borrow a Nexy blade, I'm willing to send you one of mine, if after reviewing it you send it back to me. What country are you located in?

Join the Nexy Clan!
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2013 at 3:38am

It is a mess.
Then join the clan! If you don't have the opportunity to buy or borrow a Nexy blade, I'm willing to send you one of mine, if after reviewing it you send it back to me. What country are you located in?

Same offer from me too. Always good to have additional honest opinions to the thread.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2013 at 9:26am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

It is a mess.

Same offer from me too. Always good to have additional honest opinions to the thread.

I trust Andy reviews about blades. The thing is that the result of 'i would like a 'spartcalix' is something that happens over and over again with Nexy blades. Why?. Because quality blade design does not allow to mix things in a so much innovative design.
What do you expect of an Arirang? using hinoki outer in such a building with that thickness. For sure to miss something.
EJ Club.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 14>
  Share Topic