Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nexy Clan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>
Author
igsstern View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igsstern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2013 at 9:35am
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Originally posted by igsstern igsstern wrote:

No problem. Those are open data. Please also collect the data of Tibhar and adidas blades. Smile

Those are the data I collected while your English page was still online:
uploads/20417/igsstern3-data.zip
Some I got from the Korean forum, but it's hard to me to navigate the site, as text selection is disabled and automatic translation on the whole site was also not working.
Feel free to add any data that is missing. These data are very valuable.

Edit: adding a table with the above data, for convenience.

I will add data for many other blades. But, I feel the needs for modifying the names of parameters for better understanding.
Sponsored Links

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2013 at 9:46am
If igsstern says that data is very valuable i have to believe. I just miss what is the formula to handle that data to know if a blade is good.
I think a good reviewer pays off more.
In anycase good work.
I remember a similar data sheet used to compare a zjk blade with a viscaria.
At the end the master reviews show what data wasn't able to show.

Edited by ejmaster - 04/15/2013 at 9:49am
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2013 at 9:49am
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

I trust Andy reviews about blades. The thing is that the result of 'i would like a 'spartcalix' is something that happens over and over again with Nexy blades. Why?. Because quality blade design does not allow to mix things in a so much innovative design.
What do you expect of an Arirang? using hinoki outer in such a building with that thickness. For sure to miss something.

I think it's got more to do with my near-impossible requirements. Spart suits most of my game, but requires me to be more active than I'd like on the BH side. I know I can adjust, given time, but health issues are holding me back somewhat these days.

If I had a wish list, I'd like Arirang to be like Spart, but with a harder core for a bit more stability, or maybe a slightly harder feel overall (say, 15% harder). More gemstones would be nice too. :-) But that's just my pipedream - I won't know how different it is until I try it.

Nexy's approach is quite experimental. Sometimes artistic, rather than practical. I like this - good to have some genuine innovation in the marketplace, instead of rebadged Viscarias every year. But they won't suit everyone, and hopefully the information Nexy give themselves, and the reviews given on the forum, help others to make their own judgements about how they might fit their game, or not.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2013 at 10:34am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

I trust Andy reviews about blades. The thing is that the result of 'i would like a 'spartcalix' is something that happens over and over again with Nexy blades. Why?. Because quality blade design does not allow to mix things in a so much innovative design.
What do you expect of an Arirang? using hinoki outer in such a building with that thickness. For sure to miss something.

I think it's got more to do with my near-impossible requirements. Spart suits most of my game, but requires me to be more active than I'd like on the BH side. I know I can adjust, given time, but health issues are holding me back somewhat these days.

If I had a wish list, I'd like Arirang to be like Spart, but with a harder core for a bit more stability, or maybe a slightly harder feel overall (say, 15% harder). More gemstones would be nice too. :-) But that's just my pipedream - I won't know how different it is until I try it.

Nexy's approach is quite experimental. Sometimes artistic, rather than practical. I like this - good to have some genuine innovation in the marketplace, instead of rebadged Viscarias every year. But they won't suit everyone, and hopefully the information Nexy give themselves, and the reviews given on the forum, help others to make their own judgements about how they might fit their game, or not.

Just to show you the power Andy I am going to give you the Arirang blade review in advance.
Have you ever played with a SC light?. It is a thinner SC.
At first it feels good. Quite powerful and lighter.
Then one realizes it does not have the killing power game of a SC or a Primorac Carbon.
After some time playing one begins missing limba/koto/other wood outer composite blade touch and precision.
Finally one quits the blade. But it takes time.
The Arirang blue composite layer is something to fear if it is a more flexible composite than carbon. Arylate carbon fiber like is not good to hinoki directional precision. That is why it is weird to see hinoki alc blades. It fits better the carbon directional precision or the zylon.
To have another wood layering below the hinoki does not contribute to anything. maybe on the contrary to have a good contribution. It is like to paint another color in the blade.
That is why the Inca does not need that added plying. But here it is a good marketing to make the Arirang looking something more sofisticated.
Being the inner burnt improves some directional behaviour to compensate but i do not think it is enough to avoid the hinoki outer behaviour. With more lightness maybe can contribute to a thicker composite layer. But at the end the hinoki outer is not going to fit the bill.
Of course this is not going to be realized by an amateur reviewer in short time.
He needs references from the past.
And the gem is going to play its role. It is like a good feeling to feel inside 'this is the blade' for some time.
And finally but not less important. If one wants to go nuts with rubber matching get an hinoki outer blade. The hinoki outer blades are the most difficult ones to match rubber. Petermoo has become a rubber expert because of this.
This review is going to save a lot of money. 
If BH expects to go further in the nationals because of the Arirang i think he maybe is going to face a dissapointment and a lighter wallet.
Hope this contributes to avoid the release of a >150 $ god loves you blade.

Edited by ejmaster - 04/15/2013 at 11:00am
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2013 at 11:15am
Seems awfully pessimistic to me, but there you go. I'm still keen to see how it plays.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2013 at 1:44am
And these are the objective values of Arirang (copied from hhtabletennis):
  • Speed 91 (OFF-)
  • BS (Bending stiffness) 90
  • OF (Overall feel) 96
  • IFF (Index finger feel) 85
  • RF (Repulsion feel) 104

Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2013 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

And these are the objective values of Arirang (copied from hhtabletennis):
  • Speed 91 (OFF-)
  • BS (Bending stiffness) 90
  • OF (Overall feel) 96
  • IFF (Index finger feel) 85
  • RF (Repulsion feel) 104

And this is exactly close to a sc light. Quite powerful and more flexible than thick blades but what about the feeling gears?. The einstein chart.
The result is clear. Feel power but with that sense of mushy hinoki softness that usually brings some lack of feeling and directional precision.
With an important issue the chart does not provide data. The rubber match feeling with the hinoki. This is the 'nemesis factor'.

Edited by ejmaster - 04/16/2013 at 12:32pm
EJ Club.

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2013 at 1:24am
Hi all,
just saw on tak9.com that Nexy is releasing a new blade, called OZ.
Here some specs (machine-translated from Korean), and a link to pictures:

Oz (OZ) blade
Dimensions (CP): 161 X 149 mm, thickness: 6.5mm
Surface: Advanced cypress [arg0's note: Kiso Hinoki?]
Special material: carbon arylate
Central ply: burning technology wood.

http://m1.daumcdn.net/cfile251/image/217BF94851A4847416BE76

PS: You won't have missed the announcement of the new Tibhar Inca blade, designed by Oscar:
http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61312

Edited by arg0 - 07/07/2013 at 5:12pm
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2013 at 10:51am
Dear clan members,
as a follow-up to my previous shoe giveaway, I am pleased to announce that I have one more pair of Nexy Petra shoes to give away for free to one Nexy Clan member, provided that he pays the shipping costs from Germany to his place.
As the previous pair, the shoes are kindly sponsored by Nexy.com.

These are the shoes: http://www.nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=1311

Now comes the catch (same as last time): there is only one pair of shoes and I'm not telling you what size they are. If you're interested, post your shoe size (or the shoe size you'd like them to be) in this thread: the first clan member requesting the correct size will win the shoes.

Please specify EU shoe size. You may use this chart (or any other conversion means you trust more) for converting to EU size. You may specify half sizes.

Shipping is about €6 to Germany, €9 to many European countries, €16 to the rest of the world (check prices for "DHL Päckchen International" on http://www.portokalkulator.de. Sorry, in German only). Traceable shipping ("DHL Paket International ") is much more expensive: €17 for EU and €36 for the rest of the world. But depending on the destination country, it may not be necessary.

Current clan members can participate as of now.
If you're not yet a member, you can still participate by joining the clan (please specify what Nexy blade or rubber you play), but in order to give priority to current members, your post will only be counted 48h after you posted it. So hurry up and join the clan!

It makes sense to post your shoe size even if it was already posted by another member, in case he decides not to take them.

I will leave participation open until 5 July 2013, 12:00 GMT. If by then no clan member has guessed the right size, participation will be open to anyone.

Good luck!

PS Anyone having reported his first-hand impressions about Nexy equipment here, in any other official Nexy thread (blade review threads mentioned in the first post or "Nexy's Designer's diary") or anywhere else in the forum, is entitled to retroactive membership and does not suffer from the 48h quarantine (just provide a link to your previous post).
Join the Nexy Clan!
weestenosis View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weestenosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2013 at 11:10am
Shoe size is 44 or 10 1/2 us size....
I have peter pan cpen.... Right now, i am using joola rhyzm for BH and xu xhiao fa FH. And i found it great in close table game. All blocks and loops are in control.... Going to mid distance, i have to exert an effort to make it powerful... Few weeks ago, was using old T64 BH and rasant FH... This peterpan is great for beginners to advance player.....
Butterfly Amultart cpen

My Feedback
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2013 at 7:15pm
Bump for the contest.

Only one participant so far:
  1. weestenosis, size 44.

Join the Nexy Clan!
PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2013 at 8:36pm
I have a nexy peterpan

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=59515&PID=715437&title=nexy-peterpan-review-thread#715437

I dont think they make my size, but i'll play anyways
size 46=)
My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2013 at 2:29am
i have qabod, calix 2 and peter pan
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Hopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2013 at 5:20am
I have a Nexy Spartacus, bought from another MYTT member, who got it from Nexy for testing.
My shoe size is 41.. Location is Netherlands.
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2013 at 10:23pm
I wear 8.5-9US that's 41-42eur. so 42???
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2013 at 9:50am
Participants (so far):
  1. weestenosis, size 44.
  2. PingPongHolic10, size 46.
  3. Hopper, size 41.
  4. thethinker, size 42.

yogi_bear, what's your shoe size?

Edited by arg0 - 07/02/2013 at 9:50am
Join the Nexy Clan!
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2013 at 9:25pm
size 43 for me arg0
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2013 at 1:13am
Participants (so far):
  1. weestenosis, size 44.
  2. PingPongHolic10, size 46.
  3. Hopper, size 41.
  4. thethinker, size 42.
  5. yogi_bear, size 43.
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2013 at 1:59am
About 6 hours to the end of the contest.
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2013 at 5:05pm
Contest ended. Thanks to all for participating.
I'm going to annouce the winner tomorrow, because I've left the shoes in my office and I don't remember the exact size...
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2013 at 1:08pm
Hi all,
as promised, I'm announcing the winner of the Petra shoes.
Again, as always with shoes, it is a bit tricky to determine the exact size. These Petra shoes are marked size 270 on the box and Size 44 on the insole.
I wear street shoe size 42.5. My asics TT shoes are size 275=43.5 (I should have gotten them half a size smaller, actually).
These petra shoes are about as big as my Asics Shoes, if not a few mm bigger. So I'd say that they are about size 43.5, with 44 being probably closer than 43.

Therefore I'd give the first choice to weestenosis, who guessed size 44, please send me a PM.
If he doesn't want them, yogi_bear, who guessed size 43, comes second.
Thanks to all participants.

Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2013 at 6:20am
Shoes have been sent to weestenosis.

In case you're interested in testing the new Nexy Arirang blade, apply here.
Join the Nexy Clan!
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2013 at 4:03pm
Hello fellow Nexy people!

I'm on the lookout for a Hannibal and/or Lissom to test out.  Does anyone have any old testers to share?  I will pay your shipping charges, or you can test one of my blades if you prefer!

Let me know!

Andy.
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2013 at 5:11pm
I have a Lissom that you are welcome to test.

weestenosis View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weestenosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2013 at 3:00pm
Receive the package from argo regarding this pair of shoes... Thank argo...
Butterfly Amultart cpen

My Feedback
nexy.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2013 at 1:32am

Hello

I will release our nexy office. Please click the below link.
We have lots of TT products of many brands.

Everything you need for tabletennis: nexyttstore.com
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2013 at 3:45am
If you're based in Europe and would like to test any of my Nexy blades, send me a PM.

I can currently offer for testing:
- Lissom FL
- Calix II FL
- Amazon ST
- Peterpan ST
- Inca ST

Testers need to have a sound history of posting in this forum or somebody who can vouch for them. I can pay shipping costs to tester, tester ships it back or on to the next tester. Shipping only by registered/traceable mail.

EDIT: I've decided to run the testing in a separate thread.

Edited by arg0 - 12/01/2013 at 4:08am
Join the Nexy Clan!
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2013 at 8:04am
I'm in to test the Inca if possible!
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2013 at 3:49am
These are the requests I got so far.

Tibhar Inca
EU:
- Peter C (UK)
- Magic_M (DE)
- mg (LU)
- ttping85 (FR)
USA:
- JimT

Nexy Calix II
- mg (LU)
- mpengyou5 (FR)

Nexy Lissom
- 109eh

I'm going to collect requests for some more time (the Inca is still with my coach, anyway), and will then try to optimise the itinerary of all blades.

Edit: this testing is limted to Europe, at least for now. If you live elsewhere, you can still sign up, but I'll run the European leg first and then decide according to the requests.

Edited by arg0 - 12/01/2013 at 3:21am
Join the Nexy Clan!
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2013 at 11:13am
I have tried Calix II already, but Inca also seems quite interesting. I guess I will wait until the Euro leg is over, read the reviews and then maybe one of the blades will find its way to the US... if that happens put me on the list please.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>
  Share Topic