Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The 20th Asian Table Tennis Championship (video)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The 20th Asian Table Tennis Championship (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
mizutani_jun View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2012 at 6:53pm
No short version for the ZJK-WH game?
Sponsored Links

TTNoobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTNoobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2012 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by gnome gnome wrote:

where can i watch semis online live.. i tried sopcast with sop://76.73.22.162:3918/6120 but didn't work.  nvm not in broadcast copyright range.. look forward to youtube clips..

interesting I never knew sopcast or any of the p2p players had regional restrictions,  where are you located?

CCTV5 on sopcast is pretty clear and crisp
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2012 at 9:08pm
The score was 4-0, but I would never consider it a thrashing - easily one of the best 4-0 matches I have ever watched - the quality of the points was more a 4-2 match and had Jike won a few unlucky points, that would have been the score.

Edited by NextLevel - 03/01/2012 at 9:09pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2012 at 9:23pm
It should be the 2nd set when zjk was leading 10:8 and overtaken by Malong that crashed his game
YEO
FH: 729 08 ES
BH: Focus III Snipe
Senkoh-1
FH: H3 Comm
BH: 755
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2012 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by atv atv wrote:

It should be the 2nd set when zjk was leading 10:8 and overtaken by Malong that crashed his game

I actually think ZJK played well until he lost the 3rd set.  In the fourth set, I think he showed signs of giving up by making so many unforced errors.  Can't blame him for not seriously believing coming back from 3-0 was possible and the close scores of all the first three games with two deuces (if not 3) was a bit depressing.
Cybershape Carbon
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 1:01am

Women's singles semi-final:  Ding Ning - Li Xiaoxia

Who are the 2 players of the other semi-final? (Any video available?)
(Kuo Yan is one because she was in the final.  Is the other player, Liu Shiwen?)

Edited by skip3119 - 03/02/2012 at 1:04am
skip3119
ttplayer92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttplayer92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 2:01am
what a jackass... why would you not shake your opponents hand? The whole world is watching and this is not the sort of example you set for the sport. How can you expect to go to the olympics with this sort of behavior? simply unacceptable. 
Butterfly Viscaria
FH Globe 999 National
BH Xiom Vega Pro
gnome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 2:13am
Originally posted by TTNoobie TTNoobie wrote:

Originally posted by gnome gnome wrote:

where can i watch semis online live.. i tried sopcast with sop://76.73.22.162:3918/6120 but didn't work.  nvm not in broadcast copyright range.. look forward to youtube clips..

interesting I never knew sopcast or any of the p2p players had regional restrictions,  where are you located?

CCTV5 on sopcast is pretty clear and crisp

No restrictions occurred when i tried through their website directly..
TVU player worked okay in the end, when i tried sop i got something saying invalid password and gave up instantly.

Good final.  Hopefully Zhang Jike was just really upset at the moment of losing and regretted not shaking right after he sat down.  I can't see them being buddies though, I see them as being like Timo and Maze in terms of personality.
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 2:24am
I never liked ZJK, too much ego, especially when he doesn't respect his opponents when defeated
loop+loop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loop+loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 2:32am
Good job janus700 for the videos.  Thanks.
shaolinTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaolinTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 2:45am
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

I never liked ZJK, too much ego, especially when he doesn't respect his opponents when defeated
+1
One earns respect not just by winning, but how he handles defeat.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 3:12am
Originally posted by shaolinTT shaolinTT wrote:

Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

+1
One earns respect not just by winning, but how he handles defeat.

zhang yining did the same thing when playing wang nan in earlies 2000

mg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 4:39am
Well it was a close match, but for me 4-0 is always a trashing, ZJK had a couple of game points, but he didn't loose because of bad luck, Ma Long just played better when it really mattered...ZJK wasn't agressive enough, he had some great plays, but most of the time I had the feeling he was waiting for Ma Long's mistakes or just tryiing to catch him off position, not going for it. That's why I like Ma Long, he always attacks and plays his game to the last point. And he doesn't just give up when things are not going his way like ZJK has done several times, including yesterday.

Edited by mg - 03/02/2012 at 4:44am
McLovin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McLovin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 5:06am
I'm a ZJK fan.  If he were a quitter, he would have given up when he got kicked off CNT and sent to a provincial team for 2 years.  Ma Long plays the big points better?  Really?  Interesting.  How many majors does he have?  Ma Long plays well when there is nothing really important on the line.  2011 Worlds, lost to Wang Hao.  2010 World Team Championships, he had another loss in the final.  He does well in the pro tours, but does anyone really care about the pro tours other than the fact that it's just exciting to see some good table tennis? 
PS.  Do you guys really consider that lame hand touch they do in table tennis a handshake anyway?  It seems like everyone on here is a Ma Long fan, so I'm sure I will get hammered for this post, but someone has to take the other side.
#ZJK Current World Champion
kickass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 5:09am
what's the head to head in finals now between Ma Long and Zhang Jike? 3-1?
kickass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 5:17am
Originally posted by McLovin McLovin wrote:

PS.  Do you guys really consider that lame hand touch they do in table tennis a handshake anyway?  

What an excuse for ZJK's being a sore loser.

Ma Long should have torn his shirt off and screamed wildly after ZJK refused to shake hands.  
mg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 6:26am

McLovin, let's stay on the ground, don't react like you have just lost another final to Ma Long:) I never said ZJK is a quitter, but it's a fact he did that against Joo Se Hyuk recently and in the last game yesterday. How many majorS??? As long as I know ZJK has one, you can't be counting the last World Cup. And he WAS a bit lucky to get the world title, basically one needs that at a major, there's almost always somebody else, who is just as good as you are. He played against Boll in the semis, not another Chinese player, did really well in the final, not like Wang Hao actually... Ma Long wasn't ready for that tournament (that's not ZJK's fault), and untill recently he just couldn't play well againt Wang Hao  - but he didn't quit in that match even after some unlucky points and SHAKED WH's hand. 

Edited by mg - 03/02/2012 at 6:28am
atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 7:23am

I'm a ZJK fan.  If he were a quitter, he would have given up when he got kicked off CNT and sent to a provincial team for 2 years.  Ma Long plays the big points better?  Really?  Interesting.  How many majors does he have?  Ma Long plays well when there is nothing really important on the line.  2011 Worlds, lost to Wang Hao.  2010 World Team Championships, he had another loss in the final.  He does well in the pro tours, but does anyone really care about the pro tours other than the fact that it's just exciting to see some good table tennis? 
PS.  Do you guys really consider that lame hand touch they do in table tennis a handshake anyway?  It seems like everyone on here is a Ma Long fan, so I'm sure I will get hammered for this post, but someone has to take the other side.

Didn't see you much as ZJK fan but more of a ML hater
YEO
FH: 729 08 ES
BH: Focus III Snipe
Senkoh-1
FH: H3 Comm
BH: 755
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 8:50am
(Men's Singles - 2nd Semi Final) WANG Hao - ZHANG Jike [Full Match|Short Form]

http://www.youtube.com/Janus770 & https://www.facebook.com/TTJanus
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 8:56am
(Women's Doubles - Final) DING Ning / GUO Yan - LI Jiawei / SUN Beibei [Full Match]

-------------------
Note :: with this last upload, I think now we are complete! 

-- Thanks everybody here!! 
http://www.youtube.com/Janus770 & https://www.facebook.com/TTJanus
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 9:55am
The World Cup didn't have Ma Long, and Ma Long in 2011-2012 is simply a beast so I don't think there is any serious point in making it sound like Ma Long is a choker when his level has simply exploded to high WLQ levels.  Losing to Wang Hao in one World Champs is neither here nor there, as Zhang Jike could easily have done the same.  It's early in both their careers - you have to give them two Olympics and four WCs each to start calling them chokers etc. and we have to also hope that given the limited opportunities to now play in the Olympics, they get enough opportunities.  It would be really sad if ML and ZJK didn't play singles just becaus WH is the deserving WTTC finalist, but that is life.

ZJK was clearly upset to have lost 4-0 and to have gone away in the final game the way he did, and when I say he gave up, I don't mean he stopped playing, but that his play became sloppier, so it was more of a subconscious thing.  That I think explains the disappointment.

But I fully disagree with anyone who considers 4-0 a thrashing.  For me, it is always about the ratio of lost points to won points.  If it wasn't for that last game, They played over 60 points and ML never won by more than the necessary two points in each game.

I'm sure that ML and ZJK are both friends to the point that ML will understand that ZJK was just upset at his (ZJK's) personal performance and if there is anything else, I'm sure the Chinese will hear about it in the press.
Cybershape Carbon
Mike7381 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike7381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 10:06am
I think Wang Hao is not as good as before anymore, maybe he really need to lose some weight, I think he is slower and not as active as before. Also he always lose the game when he almost win. He caught up playing against Zhang Jike from 1 - 3 to 3 - 3 and then the 7th game, he was winning 10 - 7 then he lost 5 straight pts. This happened to him a lot, same with the game playing Xu Xin in Qatar open. I just don't know why and how he would lose all those game when he was almost certain to won. I am disappointed at him.
ZJKandMLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZJKandMLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 10:49am
Originally posted by atv atv wrote:

Didn't see you much as ZJK fan but more of a ML hater

Wow, are you serious?  Ma long plays well when there is nothing really important on the line?  I hope you realize that right now, every single match whether singles or doubles is IMPORTANT AS HELL and has been since the last half year.

Right now, china is in the process of selecting players for olympics thus throwing out as many different combinations of men's doubles as possible.

you honestly think that there is nothing important on the line right now?  

Sorry, that was about the dumbest comment i've seen so far in this whole discussion thread.

Right now, matches are JUST as important as any other matches played throughout the years and although it is argueable that these matches are not the same as world championship matches, IT IS STILL VERY IMPORTANT.

Ma Long is completely DOMINATING right now.  4-0 vs XX and 4-0 vs ZJK.

Can you please remind me what the record is between your so called amazing player ZJK and ML?

what is it like 8-2 for ML?  maybe 8-3 if ur lucky?
Blade: Photino
FH: Donic Acuda S1, MAX
BH: Tenergy 64, MAX
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Mike7381 Mike7381 wrote:

I think Wang Hao is not as good as before anymore, maybe he really need to lose some weight, I think he is slower and not as active as before. Also he always lose the game when he almost win. He caught up playing against Zhang Jike from 1 - 3 to 3 - 3 and then the 7th game, he was winning 10 - 7 then he lost 5 straight pts. This happened to him a lot, same with the game playing Xu Xin in Qatar open. I just don't know why and how he would lose all those game when he was almost certain to won. I am disappointed at him.

i think china needs a new grand slam that s why they would pick wang hao, but it would be very risky since he lost 2 finals
rick_ys_ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick_ys_ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 1:24pm

I think Wang Hao is not as good as before anymore,

When was the last time that WH lost to non-Chinese player in any sort of formal tournament? In this criterion, I think he is still good, and his performance has been more consistent than MLong, MLin and ZJk.

Instead of saying WH is not as good as before, I would say MLong and ZJK (and maybe XX as well) have improved a lot in the last two years and WH does not have any advantage against them any more.

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by rick_ys_ho rick_ys_ho wrote:

I think Wang Hao is not as good as before anymore,

When was the last time that WH lost to non-Chinese player in any sort of formal tournament? In this criterion, I think he is still good, and his performance has been more consistent than MLong, MLin and ZJk.

Instead of saying WH is not as good as before, I would say MLong and ZJK (and maybe XX as well) have improved a lot in the last two years and WH does not have any advantage against them any more.

Agreed - Wang Hao's strength and weakness is that he is on the Chinese Teamn - he gets all the great coaching, but the Chinese shakehanders get access to him and the RPB that Europeans never get.   I don't think it's an accident that Wang Hao was virtually unbeaten by shakehanders in top level competition for a few years.

Edited by NextLevel - 03/02/2012 at 1:39pm
Cybershape Carbon
FireHorse View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 4:24pm
Regarding Ma Long vs. Zhang Jike discussion, it could be that Zhang Jike is comfortable with his record now that he's already in the China TT Olympic list while Ma Long needs to try hard to get in? 

For this match, I just watched the short form but I think Ma Long was simply more consistent than Zhang Jike.  It could go either way since the first 3 games were very close except the last one that I think Zhang Jike could have given up since he couldn't find a way to handle Ma Long.

FireHorse

Edited by FireHorse - 03/02/2012 at 4:26pm
Current Setup:
Butterfly Primorac Carbon
FH: Andro Rassant Grip
BH: Andro Rassant PowerGrip
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 6:32pm
Zhang did not give up. However, Ma Long took a very strategic timeout at 9-5, stopping Zhang's rhythm. Sometimes Zhang plays better(last tournament), and sometimes it's Ma Long(this tournament). Nothing wrong with not shaking hands. A heated rivalry is what this sport needs. 
snerdly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snerdly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 8:26pm
There is constantly debate concerning who is the best, Ma Long or ZJK.  Always the head to head record is cited by Ma Long fans, which is fine if all you are concerned with is head to head match-ups.  But overall the better player can not be judged in such a limited scope.

Ma Long has been in two World Cup singles competitions, didn't made it to the finals either time.
ZJK has been in two World Cup singles competitions, made it to the finals both times and won it the second time.

Ma Long Has been in three World Championship singles competitions, never made it to the finals.
ZJK has been in one World Championship singles competition and won the Championship title.  BTW, in winning the title ZJK beat three of the four players who defeated Ma Long and prevented him from ever making it to the finals in these events.

Making the final  Ma - 0 for 5:  ZJK - 3 for 3
Winning the title Ma - 0 for 5:  ZJK - 2 for 3

Another measure would be the China National Championships which ZJK has won the last two times I believe; has Ma Long ever won this event?

Recently Ma Long has claimed to have been inspired by ZJK's accomplishments and has raised his performance a notch.  Could it be that Ma would not be playing at this level if not for the presence of ZJK?

Another issue to consider is that Wang Hao has gained weight and his movement has suffered as a result.  A lighter Wang Hao might make it a three way debate as to who is the best player; maybe even eliminate the debate altogether!
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2012 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by snerdly snerdly wrote:

There is constantly debate concerning who is the best, Ma Long or ZJK.  Always the head to head record is cited by Ma Long fans, which is fine if all you are concerned with is head to head match-ups.  But overall the better player can not be judged in such a limited scope.

Ma Long has been in two World Cup singles competitions, didn't made it to the finals either time.
ZJK has been in two World Cup singles competitions, made it to the finals both times and won it the second time.

Ma Long Has been in three World Championship singles competitions, never made it to the finals.
ZJK has been in one World Championship singles competition and won the Championship title.  BTW, in winning the title ZJK beat three of the four players who defeated Ma Long and prevented him from ever making it to the finals in these events.

Making the final  Ma - 0 for 5:  ZJK - 3 for 3
Winning the title Ma - 0 for 5:  ZJK - 2 for 3

Another measure would be the China National Championships which ZJK has won the last two times I believe; has Ma Long ever won this event?

Recently Ma Long has claimed to have been inspired by ZJK's accomplishments and has raised his performance a notch.  Could it be that Ma would not be playing at this level if not for the presence of ZJK?

Another issue to consider is that Wang Hao has gained weight and his movement has suffered as a result.  A lighter Wang Hao might make it a three way debate as to who is the best player; maybe even eliminate the debate altogether!

Again, none of this applies to the most recent version of Ma Long - no one is arguing that ZJK isn't more accomplished - since August last year, we have seen Ma Long play at a level that is almost unseen in TT history.  Focusing on titles cannot obscure this fact.  If Ma Long's level falls back and he doesn't get a chance to play the Olympics singles because of the new rule restricting spots from one country, it doesn't change the fact that winning 5 pro tour titles in a row is damn near insane.   It just didn't coincide with a period when he could enter a major tournament.  The ITTF Tour Final and this Asian Championship are the biggest events during the period of Ma Long's ascendance that he could play in (China was restricted to two players for the World Cup) and he won them both comfortably.

It is in fact to ZJK's credit that he was the one that broke Ma Long's streak, which leaves the debate slightly open, but doesn't obscure the incredible nature of Ma Long's consistently high level.

Edited by NextLevel - 03/02/2012 at 9:07pm
Cybershape Carbon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic