FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Joola Timeless Outrageous Price?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
ituning.technology View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ituning.technology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2012 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

well then I'll just bow down and shut my mouth since you're 2400+ and obviously know much more than me

+1
Equipment:
blade: JOOLA Tusk FL
rubber: JOOLA Custom Drum 2.25/ JOOLA Rhyzm 2.25
Sponsored Links

jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2012 at 2:35pm
 LOL

Edited by jt99sf - 03/26/2012 at 3:56pm
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2012 at 2:43pm

You gotta be kidding ituning...I know several 2200 - 2400 players that use Tenergy for 3-4 months minimum before changing.  I've never met any player using Tenergy that has to change it every 3 weeks or less than 3 months for that matter. 
Maybe when you get better you will about to switch rubber more often. =] 
what is your playing level?  I'm about 2200 and I don't need to change any rubber that often.

At our club, 2300-2500 players will use Tenergy for three months, then give them away to 1900-2100 players who will use them for another six months... LOL
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ituning.technology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2012 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by roundrobin roundrobin wrote:

You gotta be kidding ituning...I know several 2200 - 2400 players that use Tenergy for 3-4 months minimum before changing.  I've never met any player using Tenergy that has to change it every 3 weeks or less than 3 months for that matter. 
Maybe when you get better you will about to switch rubber more often. =] 
what is your playing level?  I'm about 2200 and I don't need to change any rubber that often.

At our club, 2300-2500 players will use Tenergy for three months, then give them away to 1900-2100 players who will use them for another six months... LOL

Thats very nice of them. What Club do you play at? =]
Equipment:
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2012 at 3:05pm
exactly roundrobin...3-4 months has usually been the standard for players that use Tenergy that play even 4-5 times per week.  Saying you have to change Tenergy every 3 weeks doesn't sound credible to me based on what most other players have told me.  I just can't imagine wearing Tenergy out every 3 weeks, but then what do I know...I'm only about "2200"...not 2200 mind you because that would be deceptive of me to round my rating up to 2200. 
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2012 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by ituning.technology ituning.technology wrote:

Thats very nice of them. What Club do you play at? =]

Los Angeles Table Tennis Association

How about you?

Edited by roundrobin - 03/26/2012 at 3:08pm
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ituning.technology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2012 at 3:16pm
I go way back since LATTA was at AYC about 12 years ago! It's a great club. 

I moved to the East Coast now and I Coach at CLub JOOLA Rockville. 
Equipment:
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2012 at 5:22pm

Hmmm... AYC member, former junior team member, now working for Joola... You must be Steven Chan.  How's everything?  Smile  I almost moved to Bethesda a few years back.

William
Cho! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cho! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2012 at 7:06pm

I said "I'm about 2200" ituning, which means close.  I've been higher than my current rating and just a few points below 2200, but I've beaten several high 2200 players in tournaments and almost beat a 2370 player last tournament...so I don't think anything is deceiving in my saying I'm about 2200. 

You still haven't stated your rating, and I don't know anyone that plays 7 days a week 5 hours a day.  Professionals play that much, but most of the people in this forum probably only play an average of 3x per week for 2-3 hrs each time, thus the rubber would last 3-4 months easily.  If anything your statement about having to change rubbers every 3 weeks is a little deceiving if you don't state how often you play.  If you play 7 days a week and 5 hours a day you should say so...that would make more sense when having to change rubbers every 3 weeks.
3 weeks doesn't make sense. No, I'm not 2400 + But I played this much over the summer with my Chinese foreign exchange student. And yes, I used T05. And no, it did not wear out after 3 weeks. With proper care, the rubber didn't start wearing out until a good 2 months later. If your rubber is wearing out so fast, maybe you're buying your rubbers from underground Chinese websites. Confused

Edited by Cho! - 03/26/2012 at 7:12pm
Jpen: Senkoh-1 w. Xiom Vega Pro
SH: Expert All+ w. TG3 Neo & Illumina
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2012 at 7:53pm
if you practice at least 4 hrs a days including multiball drills, 1 month is enough to make tenergy 05 lose its grip to about 60% 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2012 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Cho! Cho! wrote:

I said "I'm about 2200" ituning, which means close.  I've been higher than my current rating and just a few points below 2200, but I've beaten several high 2200 players in tournaments and almost beat a 2370 player last tournament...so I don't think anything is deceiving in my saying I'm about 2200. 

You still haven't stated your rating, and I don't know anyone that plays 7 days a week 5 hours a day.  Professionals play that much, but most of the people in this forum probably only play an average of 3x per week for 2-3 hrs each time, thus the rubber would last 3-4 months easily.  If anything your statement about having to change rubbers every 3 weeks is a little deceiving if you don't state how often you play.  If you play 7 days a week and 5 hours a day you should say so...that would make more sense when having to change rubbers every 3 weeks.
3 weeks doesn't make sense. No, I'm not 2400 + But I played this much over the summer with my Chinese foreign exchange student. And yes, I used T05. And no, it did not wear out after 3 weeks. With proper care, the rubber didn't start wearing out until a good 2 months later. If your rubber is wearing out so fast, maybe you're buying your rubbers from underground Chinese websites. Confused

He's probably sponsored and gets the rubbers for free. I know a few sponsored juniors that sell their 'extra' rubbers because they can't use them fast enough.

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2012 at 8:41pm
I've recommended several local players who do serious multiball training to have a beat-up training bat and a competition bat at all times.  It's working out really well for them to prolong the life of their competition bat... I learned this from Zaman Molla.

Edited by roundrobin - 03/26/2012 at 8:43pm
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2012 at 8:54pm
lol 

"I have a high rating man"

"haha man my rating is higher" 

who is more righter ? Confused

Idk.. I guess the way I see it if you hit as hard as a lot of the guys do in the 2500+range, it's a big difference from the guys down in the 2000-2200 range, and if you play seriously that often, and are that good, a worn out rubber to you is different than a worn out rubber to other guys. 

Arguments based on someone saying that what someone else is saying based on personal experience have to be wrong are just silly- at least the way I look at it. 3/4 of the entire thread now is completely about who has the higher rating and who would know better about something that both people are basically right about in their own way anyway. 

Thumbs Down
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2012 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

is that you ituning?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1fciFReFYI Big smile
my gosh you play so good!

edit: and that same year in LV you took down in the U21 event the very man who would be national champion the day after! Clap

Which one is Steven Chan? the taller guy or shorter one?
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ituning.technology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2012 at 9:20am

Hmmm... AYC member, former junior team member, now working for Joola... You must be Steven Chan.  How's everything?  Smile  I almost moved to Bethesda a few years back.

William

Dang William, you are right on point! Well, I work for Sport Squad, LLC.

On a side note, I am the shorter guy on that Vid. and that was when I was out of practice for about 3 years. . . -.-* I pretty much stopped playing about 2006 and started to go into Badminton. Let's just say the sponsors aren't as great as table tennis so I stuck with TT. 
Equipment:
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2012 at 1:10pm

If you make a comment about how great a product like Joola Timeless is, you should also point out that you are associated with Joola.  That being said I've seen some videos on youtube that demonstrate Joola Timeless and it looks promising.
Also if you're a 2400 player thats great and I respect your level of play, but 2400 is still quite a bit lower than many of the best players in the US so a little humility wouldn't hurt.  Anyway...I'm done with posting on this topic and it will be interesting to see if a $130 sheet of rubber sells well here or not.  It may be great, and if it does last then maybe it's worth trying out for someone that likes anti. 
Regards,
Dave
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2012 at 1:28pm

If you make a comment about how great a product like Joola Timeless is, you should also point out that you are associated with Joola. That being said I've seen some videos on youtube that demonstrate Joola Timeless and it looks promising.
Also if you're a 2400 player thats great and I respect your level of play, but 2400 is still quite a bit lower than many of the best players in the US so a little humility wouldn't hurt. Anyway...I'm done with posting on this topic and it will be interesting to see if a $130 sheet of rubber sells well here or not. It may be great, and if it does last then maybe it's worth trying out for someone that likes anti.
Regards,
Dave

Nothing worse than a coach with an attitude. Hope it doesn't rub off on your students.

jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2012 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I did not find anything wrong in ituning's attitude. He has not been arrogant in any way no matter how many times I read the thread again. Can't he be proud and can't he allow himself to be a bit above the crowd that we are since he has given so many more hours and sweat to the game? besides he is 22; what do we expect? I am happy he is showing himself on the forum and can't wait to read his next posts.

That's my take. Your take is that he's 22, lame excuse.  The younger generation has much less respect these days IMHO and some people find it acceptable. So sad...
Did you really read his analogy ? Confused

AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2012 at 2:15pm
you may be right fatt...but when someone says:  1) they are 250 pts above your rating, 2) maybe when you get better you will change rubber more often, and 3) "I'm not the best but I'm up there" it comes off as a little arrogant.   Anyway I don't really care, but I do think you should say you are associated with that company if you're gonna post a positive comment about one of it's products.  Ok.  Peace out. 
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2012 at 2:43pm
It's so easy to be misunderstood as "arrogant" in the internet forums... Sometimes higher-level players brag a bit because they also want to have some fun (not really looking for respect or trouble), just like countless posters here do anyway.  Wink  It's really not a big deal.  Men do this instinctively in person and behind other's back as naturally as going to the bathroom.  LOL

I've known Steven since his early training days with Grace Lin... You can't find a more fun-loving, carefree, and at the same time a more dedicated kid in schools and table tennis training than him, period. 

Edited by roundrobin - 03/27/2012 at 2:59pm
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ituning.technology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2012 at 2:59pm

It's so easy to be misunderstood as "arrogant" in the internet forums... Sometimes a higher-level player brags a bit because they also want to have some fun (not really looking for respect or trouble), just like countless posters here do anyway.  Wink  It's really not a big deal.  Men do this instinctively in person and behind other's back as naturally as going to the bathroom.  LOL

I've known Steven since his early training days with Grace Lin... You can't find a more fun-loving, carefree, and at the same time a more dedicated kid in schools and table tennis training than him, period. 

Thanks Round Robin. 

On the side note, I am just stating the truth. How often do people switch anti spin rubber? How often does everyone else change when playing with smooth? It is the simple fact that people complaining about the high price when it really isn't that much for the end user compared to the average Joe. 

I mean in my opinion, rubber prices now at $80 is about the same as me using BTY Sriver G2 in the speed glue era. I mean I used to glue every time I play, and Fair Chack/Noriko Clean/Haifu is not cheap. . . Usually I use up 1-2 bottles of glue (250ml) before I switch rubbers. let's just say $15 per bottle of glue? $49.95 + $30 = $79.95. . . . 

I am lucky to have been sponsored most of my career of Table Tennis.  
Equipment:
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2012 at 3:04pm
Since national team players' rubbers last no more than a week, I don't find 3 weeks that outrageous for a 2400 player. But I don't think you can use that logic to claim $130 for an anti is not expensive. Like someone posted in this thread, a worn out MarkV will last forever as an anti... Also, it's hard to believe you can have a very special anti rubber in the 1st place, as they're not like LPs that you can play tricks on the friction levels on the top/side of the pips, size/shape of pips etc. 
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ituning.technology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2012 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

If you make a comment about how great a product like Joola Timeless is, you should also point out that you are associated with Joola. That being said I've seen some videos on youtube that demonstrate Joola Timeless and it looks promising.
Also if you're a 2400 player thats great and I respect your level of play, but 2400 is still quite a bit lower than many of the best players in the US so a little humility wouldn't hurt. Anyway...I'm done with posting on this topic and it will be interesting to see if a $130 sheet of rubber sells well here or not. It may be great, and if it does last then maybe it's worth trying out for someone that likes anti.
Regards,
Dave

Nothing worse than a coach with an attitude. Hope it doesn't rub off on your students.

This is my personal account and has nothing to do with my work. 

And I agree 2400 is a bit low. Maybe I should play a few tournaments and get to 2500ish, rating is a bit inflated. But rating is just a #. Not really important to me. There will always somebody better. =]
Equipment:
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ituning.technology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2012 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

Since national team players' rubbers last no more than a week, I don't find 3 weeks that outrageous for a 2400 player. But I don't think you can use that logic to claim $130 for an anti is not expensive. Like someone posted in this thread, a worn out MarkV will last forever as an anti... Also, it's hard to believe you can have a very special anti rubber in the 1st place, as they're not like LPs that you can play tricks on the friction levels on the top/side of the pips, size/shape of pips etc. 

The top sheet is different, Not sure how they got it approved. It is not smooth. It is more like the flooring used at the Baltimore Teams last year. From reviews in Germany it is suppose to be amazing, but I don't use anti spin so I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. 
Equipment:
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2012 at 3:08pm
thats good to hear RR and I'll take your word for it then.  That being said the next time someone disagrees with me and I find out they are 200 - 300 pts rated lower than me...bam...I'm gonna just tell them to defer to me.  Ha...just kidding.  Glad to hear he is a good guy.

Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ituning.technology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2012 at 3:10pm

thats good to hear RR and I'll take your word for it then.  That being said the next time someone disagrees with me and I find out they are 200 - 300 pts rated lower than me...bam...I'm gonna just tell them to defer to me.  Ha...just kidding.  Glad to hear he is a good guy.

+1
Equipment:
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2012 at 3:10pm
SC, stating the truth bluntly in forums will only make you enemies... It's often not beneficial to share your knowledge here this way, or at any other online chat rooms because established members will disagree with its validity just for the sake or stirring up a "discussion" with you. 
I know it too well.  Take it from me.  Wink  The moment they think you said too much you'd be labeled as a smartass, regardless of your credentials.  You have to be much more careful what you post than what you say in person.

Edited by roundrobin - 03/27/2012 at 3:12pm
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2012 at 3:12pm

[QUOTE=jt99sf] [QUOTE=AcudaDave][QUOTE=ituning.technology]I go way back since LATTA was at AYC about 12 years ago! It's a great club.

And I agree 2400 is a bit low. Maybe I should play a few tournaments and get to 2500ish, rating is a bit inflated. But rating is just a #. Not really important to me. There will always somebody better. =]
If you can get to 2500 then do it!  You're right it's just a #, but IMO 2400 is good...but when you get above 2500 then you're starting to make it to the elite player level.  If you do start playing more tournaments and break 2500 then make sure you give me some of the credit. Ha.  That being said...I'd like to challenge you to a match at this year's US Open.  I'll be there and will look you up at the Joola booth.
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ituning.technology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2012 at 3:14pm

SC, stating the truth bluntly in forums will only make you enemies... It's often not beneficial to share your knowledge here this way, or at any other online chat rooms because established members will disagree with its validity just for the sake or stirring up a "discussion" with you. 
I know it too well.  Take it from me.  Wink  The moment they think you said too much you'd be labeled as a smartass, regardless of your credentials.

Thanks Round Robin for the advice. 

Haters going to hate. It is like what a person I respect greatly told me. "If you not doing it right, Nobody is hating on you" =] 

Equipment:
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2012 at 3:16pm

Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

The top sheet is different, Not sure how they got it approved. It is not smooth. It is more like the flooring used at the Baltimore Teams last year. From reviews in Germany it is suppose to be amazing, but I don't use anti spin so I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. 

Yeah, I remember seeing a pic of it. It's ... different than any other inverted rubber I've seen, anti or not. I'm just a low level player who only hit with anti once or twice for fun, so I guess I'll just let the market decide whether it's worth 130 dollar or not.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic