FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Jian Fei Sun - long pips lesson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 10:00am
this guy is one of my favorite players now after watching some of his videos...really like watching someone that thinks/plays out of the box...switches back and forth with lp to attack/chop.  He really hits some amazing shots! I play with MP and inverted but don't twiddle like he does...I do sometimes in practice but don't have confidence in tournaments...but after watching this guy...hmmm...it's worth doing it once in a while.  thanks for posting the video link of his lesson...I watched some of his videos on youtube and he's great.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
Sponsored Links

nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 11:15am
Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

Thanks racquetsforsale - ZApenholder....
Ok, now I just need this decoded....
So he using pips against underspin - but this would reverse the spin and wouldn't the other player get a topspin - that can be attacked?
The reason this LP attack works is because a) it can be delivered quickly with little telegraph and with devastating placement, and b) opponents not familiar with LP have little time to react properly (which would be a loop kill). I use this when RH players serve me fast side/back from their BH corner. My return goes to their FH corner while they're still recovering from their serve usually leaving the ball untouched.

Edited by nathanso - 04/17/2012 at 6:30pm
BBC, SP, LP
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 11:17am
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

this guy is one of my favorite players now after watching some of his videos...really like watching someone that thinks/plays out of the box...switches back and forth with lp to attack/chop.  He really hits some amazing shots! I play with MP and inverted but don't twiddle like he does...I do sometimes in practice but don't have confidence in tournaments...but after watching this guy...hmmm...it's worth doing it once in a while.  thanks for posting the video link of his lesson...I watched some of his videos on youtube and he's great.

Yep.
I so wish he can complete internationally on the pro tours.
In one article, it states he is the top OX player in the world. He is still young (29) and I would like to see if he can make it to the top (considered he is not training and still doing well)
cherrycoke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Leatherback Leatherback wrote:

oh my dear friend professor Sun....

i wish i was back in Canada because i would probably be in that video! hahahah!

Sun is 29, and plays purely for the enjoyment of himself and others, and could care less if he wins or not.

in my opinion, this mental attitutde is what makes him such a grand person.

me and him were thinking of a doubles opportunity in the next summer olympics in rio (2016) but that remains to be seen or discussed

he has a unique play style that has been completely unseen at the world stage before and it defies all forum logic that people rely on long pips as a crutch...

Sun and you in Rio ---- that makes sense...will you have time for TT?

everyday is the plan.....difficult with work and such, but i will make it happen! gotta see what the competition is like first....

Is there doubles in the Summer Olympics? Are you at the Olympian level?
manofan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manofan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 12:02pm
BTW theres no more doubles tornament in the olympics, just team ( that have dobles), so if u want to play doubles u need to qualified in the team i think 
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 4:35pm
They removed the doubles and replaced it with the Team event

Edited by jrscatman - 04/17/2012 at 4:42pm
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 6:27pm

They removed the doubles and replaced it with the Team event

Correct.
The only doubles is in the Teams event - which consist of 2 singles, then a double then 2 more singles

IMO that changes "old" olympic structure that one country could win all 3 medals in Singles and all 3 medals in Doubles.

With the new rule of teams (enforced in Bejing 2008 games), that is 3 medals + 1 medal.

With the new rule for Singles (London 2012), that is now 2 medals + 1 medal

Maybe I can add a 3rd new rule for 2016 games already? :)
Leatherback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leatherback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by cherrycoke cherrycoke wrote:

im quite close
Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
Forehand: H3N Prov.41
Backhand: TSP Spectol 1.5
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 9:39pm

Originally posted by cherrycoke cherrycoke wrote:

im quite close

whats your usa/can rating?
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2012 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

Yep.
In one article, it states he is the top OX player in the world. He is still young (29) and I would like to see if he can make it to the top (considered he is not training and still doing well)

JF Sun is really a treat to watch. He plays with flare, shows you stuff where we say "Wow!!!"
A lot of us here wish he could play more competively. But at 29 and if he did train hard, he would only have 4 years max in his tank. There is no competition for him in North America to bring him up to world class levels.  When he was playing the Shandong players last saturday, he was huffing & puffing = out of shape. I'd really like to see him play the US Open singles
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
Leatherback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leatherback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 1:46am
Originally posted by cmetsbeltran15 cmetsbeltran15 wrote:

part of my strategy is to not have one.  I dont pay any rating fee.

but i am good enough to be on our provincial team and practice with our national.

coming back from china in 2 weeks and we will see what happens

Edited by Leatherback - 04/18/2012 at 1:49am
Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
Forehand: H3N Prov.41
Backhand: TSP Spectol 1.5
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 2:34am

Originally posted by cmetsbeltran15 cmetsbeltran15 wrote:

part of my strategy is to not have one.  I dont pay any rating fee.

but i am good enough to be on our provincial team and practice with our national.

coming back from china in 2 weeks and we will see what happens

didnt you play baltimore? i saw your video with wang zhen, very impressive

Edited by cmetsbeltran15 - 04/18/2012 at 2:40am
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Snakefish Snakefish wrote:

Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

Yep.
+1

JF Sun is really a treat to watch. He plays with flare, shows you stuff where we say "Wow!!!"
A lot of us here wish he could play more competively. But at 29 and if he did train hard, he would only have 4 years max in his tank. There is no competition for him in North America to bring him up to world class levels.  When he was playing the Shandong players last saturday, he was huffing & puffing = out of shape. I'd really like to see him play the US Open singles
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic